Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Tae posted:

Lucina is the Saints Row Boss, that's why she's winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stzC4Kh-CY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ChronoReverse posted:

Saw this on Reddit, all 3* clear of Lunatic Ursula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I think this is adaptable to almost anyone's situation. The only character that's not freely available is the 3* Subaki but I think a number of strong tanky characters could substitute in that position.

lol at subaki being so tanky

Didn't expect that

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

Didn't expect that

W.T. Fits posted:

The Weapon Triangle is a harsh mistress.

Still, it's nice to see that the fight can be done even by F2P players without needing to get lucky or whale hard for 5* super units from the gacha.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Didn't expect that

Makes me wonder if I should level up some of these non-meta units. Hinata with a ridiculous 42 defense sounds fun

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lube banjo posted:

Makes me wonder if I should level up some of these non-meta units. Hinata with a ridiculous 42 defense sounds fun

Just remember that he loses health every time you go to smack someone in the face and also lose health for the inverse. But it's all good for that +3 to all stats.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lube banjo posted:

Non meta heroes are great and usually do just fine in arena as well due to a large portion of the playerbase having no idea how to deal with them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How do you deal with Takumi? Are there non-Hector ways?

Ran into a team that had TWO Takumis.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

MRobin kills them pretty easily.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Just remember that he loses health every time you go to smack someone in the face and also lose health for the inverse. But it's all good for that +3 to all stats.

could just leave it unequipped! +3 to all doesnt seem that useful if you're dead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinji117 posted:

MRobin kills them pretty easily.

Oh cool, I've been training him up, just need to wait until the Training Tower gives out blue badges so i can get him to 4*.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Oh cool, I've been training him up, just need to wait until the Training Tower gives out blue badges so i can get him to 4*.

I've got a bunch of dudes to train up. I miss the bonus exp.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Kagero can also deal with Takumi and offers more coverage than MRobin imo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ostentatious posted:

Kagero can also deal with Takumi and offers more coverage than MRobin imo.

Even better because I just got a 5* of her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Lube banjo posted:

could just leave it unequipped! +3 to all doesnt seem that useful if you're dead

Considering it also raises your defenses by 3, and that Hinata is slow enough to be doubled by most relevant things, its net damage is 0. Well, unless you'd otherwise be taking 0 damage, but in that case what does it even matter? It also can't kill you, unlike normal battle damage, so Fury is basically just awesome for anyone who can use it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 11, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hinata is only good for putting Fury 3 on others and by enraging me with his punchable face.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

Saw this on Reddit, all 3* clear of Lunatic Ursula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I think this is adaptable to almost anyone's situation. The only character that's not freely available is the 3* Subaki but I think a number of strong tanky characters could substitute in that position.

As long as their defense is around 30 and they're not infantry it should work with quite a few people, I just did it with Cain.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've got a 5* Subaki and he's actually pretty solid even as a team player thanks to Swap. It helps that mine is +ATK, but even without he snaps most red units in half and goes toe to toe with most Lance units not named Effie pretty well thanks to his bulk and speed.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Might this work for the Hard Ursula battle?

Lachesis
Ephraim | Camilla?
Hector

I can just move Hector in and have him counterkill the thieves, heal as necessary with Physic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

AweStriker posted:

Might this work for the Hard Ursula battle?

Lachesis
Ephraim | Camilla?
Hector

I can just move Hector in and have him counterkill the thieves, heal as necessary with Physic.

Hector with any healer can solo the map on Lunatic.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Need some team building tips!! My team is Lucina, Elise and Nino, all 5*. Who would be better for the fourth slot, 5* Ephraim or 4* Effie? I've heard great things about Effie but the 1 movement is just such a pain...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ephraim for buffing Nino would be nice. You have no buffs for her otherwise, not counting Elise's every-other-turn-at-best thing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Here are my 5*s. Who should I promote next? My options are:

Sharena
Anna
Another Effie because my current 5* one is -Atk/+Spd and the 4* one is +Def/-Res
Sheena +Spd/-Def
Kagero, one is -Atk/+Res and the other is +Spd/-Def
Robin M, one is -Atk/+Spd and the other is -Spd/+Res

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

One minute left; what's the status over on the Chrom vs. Ephraim front?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

W.T. Fits posted:

At 2 minutes left Ephraim was in the lead.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

W.T. Fits posted:

The board showed Ephraim having a ~28 mil lead before it closed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It said it was calculating, but I got the feathers for army victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8z-2X8fgFI

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Barely managed to squeak into the top 1000 (#987) and get 1500 feathers! :toot:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I had a team with no takumi counters for a week because banners (Ephraim, eirika, young tiki, 4 star Odin) and I found I could take him out relatively painlessly with good positioning. Basically Ephraim or eirika would run up and whack him, get hit once back, and then Odin could come in and finish him off.

I actually ran into a team with 3 takumis and a Hector once. I don't remember what I did exactly, but I remember winning.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Clarste posted:

Hector with any healer can solo the map on Lunatic.

...Must not have done it right the first time, then. I need to deal with that Sword Cav, so... MRobin or Takumi?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My Abel can smash his face, sometimes. Sometimes he doesn't do enough damage on the two Brave Lance hits and gets creamed.

With buffs from Eirika and Olivia, my Nino can one-shot him sometimes!

So... basically you gotta one-shot him if you can't survive the counterattack. Brave Weapons are your friend for that.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Hinata would be a beast if he had a real weapon and Bonfire to use with that defense. But unless it's a axe unit, he's going to be doing zero damage to everyone and killing himself with Fury.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Anyone know if the passive stat buffs stack with the turn buffs?
I have characters with all 4 of goad/ward/hone/fortify cavalry.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This whole time I just realized I had my hector equipped with his armor boosting skill without realizing it :shepface: I wondered why his nino buddy wasn't as strong as she should be.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I am joining Lucina to spite Ephraim

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
How the balls do people have like ten 5*s. I've summoned at least like 80 units and have 1.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Morpheus posted:

How the balls do people have like ten 5*s. I've summoned at least like 80 units and have 1.

It's just luck (or whaling)

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Morpheus posted:

You're really unlucky. The chance for any individual orb to be a 5* is about 6%, so you should have 4 or 5.

Ostentatious posted:

I am joining Lucina to spite Ephraim

Well enjoy your 500 victory feathers I guess.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Are each of your pulls from a separate banner or something? Every time you whiff a 5*, your chance of pulling one on your subsequent separate pull are increased.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
I have four units that I'm eyeing for a promotion to 5*. Which one would be more useful to me in the long run?:

FCorrin
Tharja
Anna
Oboro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

little_firebird posted:

I have four units that I'm eyeing for a promotion to 5*. Which one would be more useful to me in the long run?:

FCorrin
Tharja
Anna
Oboro

It depends entirely what you have already