Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

Mother of God MK8 Deluxe looks incredible, I think that might be the tipping point for me getting a Switch

As someone that already put a ridiculous amount of time into vanilla MK8, it will be well worth it and I can't wait to put all that time into Deluxe again.:)

Wiltsghost posted:

Highly recommend the switch pro controller. This thing is comfortable.

Agree but is it just me or does anyone else think it has ridiculously large face buttons? They're comfortable though and I love how simple it is to connect it to a pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

ddogflex posted:

I would love one. Been looking all week. Every loving store is sold out. :mad:

I walked into Target today and found the controller and a case. Got lucky.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Battle Mode is online :allears:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Infinitum posted:

Hell yeah

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Block Fort online would complete my life

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I can't believe I have to wait like 2 months to buy another thing for this console.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I DID IT

https://twitter.com/dfwlly/status/840422301686476801

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blaster Master is pretty cool.

Nice NES throwback.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I played BotW and now I think other games are stupid, help

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Lemming posted:

I played BotW and now I think other games are stupid, help

I keep thinking "I should give some more time to Blaster Master Zero" but that would be time spent not playing BotW. I have not had a game captivate me so since I was a child.

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

I managed to order one on Bestbuy online locally (Vancouver, Canada) and one from Amazon Japan.
I'd ordered the Bestbuy one first, but then got worried about connecting to the Japanese e-shop, so I ordered a JP model.
I needn't have bothered, of course, but I wasn't sure until I saw unboxing videos about a week before launch.

By then, I'd already sold the Bestbuy.ca unit (which arrived day of launch, wonder of wonders) to a grateful friend, so I had my agent EMS my JP unit together with other junk including a Pro Con.

And then the Japanese post office returned the box to sender.

It turns out they won't send out any package containing three or more LiOn batteries--which means Switch can't be mailed out of Japan as is.
My agent ended up opening up the carton, taking out Switch, removing the two Joycons, and shipping them separately.
I should be getting the two boxes after the middle of next week.

So, yeah, if anyone's getting a Switch shipped out of Japan, be aware of the two-battery limit.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MORE HIDDEN COSTS!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am going to buy a Replica Intercontinental Championship Belt and a Switch Pro Controller with my tax refund

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I bought horizon zero dawn last weekend and I still haven't gotten it out of the bag from EB. Zelda is all consuming.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why isn't the thread title "Reggie Fees-a-may apply"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because Switching is Good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just to be sure if i dock my swtich with the joycons attached than they are charging as well?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

just to be sure if i dock my swtich with the joycons attached than they are charging as well?

Yes

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

iajanus posted:

I bought horizon zero dawn last weekend and I still haven't gotten it out of the bag from EB. Zelda is all consuming.

Did the exact same.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Did the exact same.

I'm sure it'll be fun when I finally start playing it *.

*after putting a cd in, waiting five minutes for it to install, waiting five hours for the inevitable update to download and install

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

iajanus posted:

I'm sure it'll be fun when I finally start playing it *.

*after putting a cd in, waiting five minutes for it to install, waiting five hours for the inevitable update to download and install

To be fair I've put probably 3 or 4 hours into it. It's a really good game as well. But it's been all Zelda all the time since.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

Yup. Makes the charging grip pretty redundant, really.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It looks awesome, but I've had no urge to play anything but Zelda. At some point I will.

Not today.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I hadn't even thought of this possibility but it's going to be pretty funny if this turns out to be the reason why the left side is so much more problematic despite only having a slight antenna difference.

It could explain why I had problems right joy con when I was wearing my smart watch on my right wrist (I'm left handed).

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yup. Makes the charging grip pretty redundant, really.

Not nearly as much as it invalidates the Joycon Charging Dock. Seriously, why the gently caress would anyone need that?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Q_res posted:

Not nearly as much as it invalidates the Joycon Charging Dock. Seriously, why the gently caress would anyone need that?

Multiple controllers?

Like I have the charging grip still in its box, but eventually I want to grab a 2nd set of joycons.. so I may as well just keep the dumb thing about.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Infinitum posted:

The video posted on the last page said go online to race or battle with up to 12 players so I would assume it is.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I finally opened up Bomberman to try it out and wow, people aren't kidding about the input lag. It really is unplayable, even offline. If they can't fix it in a patch, hopefully there can be some sort of deal where owning Bomberman R gets you a discount voucher for Bomberman '94.

I also hope that Konami buys me a pony.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I assumed battle mode would be online because why wouldn't it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

a.lo posted:

maybe

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm watching the Splatoon 2 trailer again and I just noticed one of the new weapons is the Gantz gravity gun. That's pretty interesting.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Q_res posted:

If I get a second set of joycons to use for multiplayer stuff and leave a set on my switch at all times, I am totally getting the charging dock.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

everyone should hold off on Bomberman, spend that cash on snipperclips, FAST or voez. they're all excellent

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blaster Master Zero + Shovel Knight as well!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I soldered a wire in my left joycon like the YouTube man and it definitely feels much better, I don't get the delay while sitting back on my couch like before, and can play with it behind my back

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

a.lo posted:

I assumed battle mode would be online because why wouldn't it

Nintendo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SuperMarrio posted:

Zelda spoiler: I found the giant labyrinth swarming with guardians in the northeast corner of the map and instead of actually completing it, I was able to glide over to it from the Tech Labs roof and then determine where the entrance to the shrine was. Easiest shrine so far, and so loving cool I could just cheat my way in! :

Then you missed a bunch of chests, some weapons and a whole basement of real good stuff.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Blaster Master Zero, looking good?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Playin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Real hurthling! posted:

how do i play as boss characters in waku waku? all the guides online are for home console versions of the game but the switch version thinks it is the arcade version

I think we're out of luck, sadly.

The PS2 port is available on the Japanese PSN for PS3 though IIRC. Not the answer you want, probably, but in terms of legally getting it that's your next best bet. It comes with Galaxy Fight, at least.

• Locked thread