Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Why don't you stop solo queuing so you can get some coordination?

lol this guy. That requires knowing people who can stand to have me in their fireteam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

lol this guy. That requires knowing people who can stand to have me in their fireteam.

When we get relevant PvE content again i'll happily be on your fireteam. :)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

When we get relevant PvE content again i'll happily be on your fireteam. :)

I haven't been this excited for a Destiny update since House of Wolves expansion or when they brought PoE back and all the changes they made to loot drops in Year 2.

If anyone ever needs help with a PvE activity or quest like a Nightfall I will be glad to help other goons and friends of goons out, for anyone interested.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Ularg posted:

I have no issue with you, we've played together a few times here and there and I pvp fairly often.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I have no issue with you, we've played together a few times here and there and I pvp fairly often.

I should ask for some goons to pvp. Only problem is that the times I get to pvp a lot are after midnight EST, and I need to take 5 minute breaks after 2 games or so to keep from getting stiff and hurting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just ride that boner out we all play pullin wood

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
just LOL if aren't rocking a XIM4 and Autoblow 2 for the duration of your gaming sesh

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Wounded Unicorn posted:

That is a fast-rear end loving train. Also, I agree with you; it's not perfect, but it's near enough that I'm gonna keep it in mind as significant. I'm sticking to my theory because the four monitor waveform "colors" I get from inverting the image are technically derived from only two wavefronts; the upper and the lower. It's only when you invert the colors that you get Red/Green(invert) out of the Upper wave, and Blue/Yellow(invert) out of the Lower wave.

I have no idea what a waveform filter is, could you link me to some context on that Archer ARG? I've had "Possible Spectrograph" thrown at me as well, Aphex Twin style; Bungie is known to like those a lot, so I haven't been able to discount that either.

The next step is definitely some kind of filtering or processing of these waveforms. I am very, very unversed on steps like that, though.

edit: A friend™ is telling me about things like Fourier transforms and interference-cancellation/countersignals for filtering. I would still love your input though, I need more info

A wave form filter may not be the right thing, it's been a couple of years since that ARG. I'm currently looking for it and I'll PM it to you when I find it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

BattleTech posted:

A wave form filter may not be the right thing, it's been a couple of years since that ARG. I'm currently looking for it and I'll PM it to you when I find it.

Thank you, feel free to add me on PSN EliteBleatAgent. This offer sweepingly applies to anyone in this thread, including Ularg, because I'll bet you I'm worse to have in a Fireteam than he is! (Maybe)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

just LOL if aren't rocking a XIM4 and Autoblow 2 for the duration of your gaming sesh

I'm not sure what that second one is and I think I'm better off that way

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cvnvcnv posted:

I'd like to hear more.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Like you guys don't know the product that put IndieGoGo on the map

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
"Autoblow 2; 2 Hot 4 Kickstarter" :heysexy:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Everybody go back and include the price of your autoblow to your sunk Destiny cost.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
*suck cost

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

el B posted:

Everybody go back and include the price of your autoblow to your sunk Destiny cost.

Are we only adding the first one purchased, or all of them?
Asking for a friend.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Like you guys don't know the product that put IndieGoGoGadgetChris on the map

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can get to 400 without setting foot in the crucible, if you don't want to. People keep posting LL guides for you.

There are only so many weekly bounties you can do, friend. Like, I appreciate the help, but it's still stupidly slow and grindy. It may seem fast compared to how slow it used to be, but unless you are coordinating and doing group content you are going to be spending a lot of time grinding.

It just seems ridiculous that at this stage of the game's life cycle I'm spending multiple hours a day grinding to get maybe one or two pieces of gear that are a whopping point or two higher than my current stuff.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Unless you are doing end game group content, maxing out your light level is meaningless.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DrNutt posted:

There are only so many weekly bounties you can do, friend. Like, I appreciate the help, but it's still stupidly slow and grindy. It may seem fast compared to how slow it used to be, but unless you are coordinating and doing group content you are going to be spending a lot of time grinding.

It just seems ridiculous that at this stage of the game's life cycle I'm spending multiple hours a day grinding to get maybe one or two pieces of gear that are a whopping point or two higher than my current stuff.

I don't mean to comment on if it's slow or grindy. For reference, people were BEGGING Bungie to raise the light level for literally no other reason than to let them get back to the grind. Clearly a lot of different opinions on the matter.

My point is, there are so many routes to 400 that you don't need to do Crucible unless you want to. It's fun though so you should want to.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Also, just over a month from now there will be four raids you can run every week for 400 LL gear.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
LL should be raised to 420

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If there's a new warlock CE helm I'll run that poo poo just for that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seriously where is this stuff gonna go?

I got 4 sets of raid armorx4, trials armorx3, set of max stat tier 12 operator armorx3xrelevantbuilds, Event armor sets, exotics with t12 rolls that shouldn't be sharded for the kiosk....it's ridiculous

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Give me a deep vault that's only accessible via web app or something, loving hell

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

LL should be raised to 420

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Seriously where is this stuff gonna go?

I got 4 sets of raid armorx4, trials armorx3, set of max stat tier 12 operator armorx3xrelevantbuilds, Event armor sets, exotics with t12 rolls that shouldn't be sharded for the kiosk....it's ridiculous

3 accounts with 3 characters.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I didn't play during srl, but I remember reading I can still fill out the book by completing races in private matches. Anyone know if I can do it solo? As far as I can remember it's just hitting gates and doing tricks.

Any winning races that only counts if there are others racing?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Wait wait wait wait...people have multiple accounts for this game? It isn't loving WoW, Hesus Jesus.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How bad is the pvp step for the new Thorn quest line? I remember not enjoying the original version.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
You don't lose progress anymore, so it's no problem

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Cleaned up the weapons part of my vault tonight. I could probably do some more cleaning and get rid of some of the infusion stuff but I got plenty of room for now.

Going to try and figure out armor before age of triumph. I will probably be playing inventory manager more than destiny the next couple of weeks.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Trash everything you don't use you ridiculous hoarders

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

You don't lose progress anymore, so it's no problem

Does this go for Jolly Holiday also or just Thorn 2.0?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

texaholic posted:

Cleaned up the weapons part of my vault tonight. I could probably do some more cleaning and get rid of some of the infusion stuff but I got plenty of room for now.

Going to try and figure out armor before age of triumph. I will probably be playing inventory manager more than destiny the next couple of weeks.

why on earth do you need that many ghosts

and two Truths

and how many LDRs do you need

and four Black Spindles

i don't think you get the meaning of the phrase "cleaned up"

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Alot of it is infusion material(which I really need to delete) those are 3 patience and time and 1 spindle. I'll do ghosts later

edit: I hoard sniper rifles for some reason

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo do games look so much better and feel so much smoother on a good monitor. Got a benq rl2455 console monitor for my birthday.

Everything is so much crisper and better than my old monitor or my tv.

Destiny looks great for 30fps. Battlefield and cod look amazing.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrNutt posted:

Does this go for Jolly Holiday also or just Thorn 2.0?

Just thorn I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

why on earth do you need that many ghosts

I actually save ghosts and leave them in the vault, just in case I get a hankering for a engrams that will turn into a perfectly rolled How Dare You

• Locked thread