Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, I didn't need Schichika to rip her head off or anything, but them being anywhere close to friendly with each other by the end was...weird. I didn't really buy it.

they hosed and 1200 years down the line their descendant is senjougahara. done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

season 3 when

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

they hosed and 1200 years down the line their descendant is Kanbaru. done.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

littleorv posted:

It's great getting to see Vostok's slow descent into becoming a fujoshi in real time.

"slow"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnoHito posted:

She was the best, she deserved a good ending. Also the point was Shichika can do whatever the hell he wants, Hitei hime is as good as anyone else to travel with. It's not like he ever seemed to dislike her or anything.

I get that he CAN, but even if Schichika's extremely generous and ascribes her exactly zero blame for the trauma he's been through, absence of dislike seems like a weak justification for hooking up.

But whatever, I'm nitpicking. Good drat show.

Also gonna have to go with this read over Endorph's

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't really think they've actually hooked up in the ending so much as hime is just sorta tagging along and shichika doesn't mind

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I don't really think they've actually hooked up in the ending so much as hime is just sorta tagging along and shichika doesn't mind

Yeah, that was my actual, non-joke read too. Just...y'know. She's still the person who ordered his girlfriend to get shot in the face over a plan she didn't even really give a poo poo about and the show had just made a point of how Schichika isn't actually detatched and indifferent like he was at the start of the series, I expected him to at least want to sever ties.

Spiritus Nox posted:

But whatever, I'm nitpicking.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What should I pick up for dinner on my way home from work, at 9 PM?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

taco bell

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, that was my actual, non-joke read too. Just...y'know. She's still the person who ordered his girlfriend to get shot in the face over a plan she didn't even really give a poo poo about and the show had just made a point of how Schichika isn't actually detatched and indifferent like he was at the start of the series, I expected him to at least want to sever ties.
By the time he kills Emonzaemon I don't think Shichika bears any real animosity to either of them for what happened. He goes back to hear Emonzaemons' last words to convey them to the princess and then chooses to not kill her in favour of the Shogun who crushed the rebellion and ruined Togames life.

After that, what's the point of killing or abandoning her? The story is over, letting her tag along on his journey is harmless.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nah I value my digestive system.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Korean BBQ

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i sat down to play breath of the wild and then it was four hours later

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Haha

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im pretty sure those arent pecs this time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Link stuffs his top

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Where's the bulge

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Dryzen posted:

┌┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┐
┤This is an—-├
┤AIDS virus-..├
┤Copy it_help├
┤it spread__..├
└┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┘

didn't you used to have a girl in a yellow hoodie as your av. what happened to her

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
she died

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

rip in peace

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: Nozomi

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Nozomi died and became an angel and now she's bullying Satan, just like she did in life

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Where's the bulge

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm heading home with a container full of beef tongue and kimchi and half a bottle of Chamisul soju. It's been a good night.

The rare wifi train is definitely helping too

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

aaaaaah this is one incredible sugar high

the shorter one is so cute

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Admoon posted:

season 3 when

wb admoon

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It probably says something about Katanagatari's final fight that I've rewatched it like 5 times since last night and still find it to be incredibly intense. The way the music and the sound design and the cinematography and the choreography all come together is really something else.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

It probably says something about Katanagatari's final fight that I've re-watched it like 5 times since last night and still find it to be incredibly intense. The way the music and the sound design and the cinematography and the choreography all come together is really something else.

NisiOisin's works tend to be a mixed bag, but when the staff know their stuff, IT SHOWS.

CHEEEEEEERRRIOOOOOOOO! :black101:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

CHEEEEEEERRRIOOOOOOOO! :black101:

The way the room explodes and the castle splits right down the loving middle after that is so good. All the big hits in that finale just feel earth-shaking.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

aaaaaah this is one incredible sugar high

the shorter one is so cute

It was good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild