Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's funny that he calls people 10bux when it's pretty clear he has an SA account with 0 posts.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/839914518939484160

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/840336661057695744
Early days.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:catstare:

:laugh:

:vince:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Razer will never know.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Today I learned that if you pay to use a forum, you are no longer legally entitled to sue unrelated people who are defaming you because that unrelated comedy forum has some mean jokes.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Okay, which one of you guys is the Lowtax alt?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

She is sucking her cheeks in to look thinner. Just lol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

[sic]

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Decrepus posted:

She is sucking her cheeks in to look thinner. Just lol

Yeah, and another tattoo. From the looks of it she is a member of the Yakuza.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm loving the subreddit full of LEGAL LAWYERS discussing the many ways to defeat Derek Smart as though they're not just pissing into an autistic hurricane lmao

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
its me

the family lawyer

who will defeat derek shart

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

DapperDon posted:

First you fix the bald head. THEN you fix da teefusses.

Is.....that...Borat? (bottom right)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm loving the subreddit full of LEGAL LAWYERS discussing the many ways to defeat Derek Smart as though they're not just pissing into an autistic hurricane lmao

What is more exciting:

The guy who is a lawyer but knows Wikipedia levels of google lawyering?

Or the special military operative/martial arts expert who does things for government agencies and can make your life hell but doesn't because of their strict honor code?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

/u/DerekSmart_Sucks, Attorney at Law

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

What is more exciting:

The guy who is a lawyer but knows Wikipedia levels of google lawyering?

Or the special military operative/martial arts expert who does things for government agencies and can make your life hell but doesn't because of their strict honor code?

Clearly the second one, IF it weren't a trick question because they're probably the same guy lmao

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Clearly the second one, IF it weren't a trick question because they're probably the same guy lmao

I thought that there was a reason they are so hung up on the whole "alt account" thing.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I wonder if the ostensible human beings posting unironically in r/dereksmart have developed sufficient hatred to continue loathing Dr. Smart several hours a day even after Star Citizen flames out.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It's funny that he calls people 10bux when it's pretty clear he has an SA account with 0 posts.

Yea, the irony in this astounding. The sad part is he probably 'wrote that off' as a sound investment too.

What an insufferable human being

"Look at me pretend to be a self-made millionaire who now has to push sponsorships on my social media to my eleven thousand followers!!!"

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Chin posted:

I wonder if the ostensible human beings posting unironically in r/dereksmart have developed sufficient hatred to continue loathing Dr. Smart several hours a day even after Star Citizen flames out.

When Star Citizen does inevitably fail--of course it will be Derek that gets the blame. None of them will realize it was their failure to continue funding the dumpster fire that lead to the demise.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Expecting the next lawyer commercial on tv to include "Derek Smart" along with eighteen wheelers, motorcycles and the myriad of other reasons of accidental death.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Expecting the next lawyer commercial on tv to include "Derek Smart" along with eighteen wheelers, motorcycles and the myriad of other reasons of accidental death.

Insurance doesn't cover acts of god.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Not me man.. CR literally uses Dread Pirate Roberts as one of his alts.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/38098/dread-pirate-chris-roberts

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/127399/dread-pirate-roberts-name-has-unfortunate-implications

..and as to the Tickler In Black, you're going to have to ask Mae but because this connection is funnier to imagine than Ortwin.

Both Chris and I both hope we never run into each other in person. He'll be on his back bleeding and whining, but unable to flail the hands I stomped into meat bags and I, well, I will be in jail. And I am not a violent man.

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
That large man licks his lips slowly every time he looks at me
Prison food

Pros:
I would be the man that slaughtered Star Citizen

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Samizdata posted:

Both Chris and I both hope we never run into each other in person. He'll be on his back bleeding and whining, but unable to flail the hands I stomped into meat bags and I, well, I will be in jail. And I am not a violent man.

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
Prison food

Pros:

Uh, these are the posts that make us sound like loving weirdos.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
Prison food

Pros:

Hey uh... don't post things like this thanks.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i would say it was a bad joke but this is the guy that went twitter rambo on random CIG workers soooooooooooo

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Enough mental illness to go around apparently.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

i would say it was a bad joke but this is the guy that went twitter rambo on random CIG workers soooooooooooo

Define Twitter Rambo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

You mean after Derek Smart causes star citizen to fail. Of course! But he'll continue to be irrelevant.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Samizdata posted:

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
Prison food

Pros:

pink lips, red arse and before you know it you're back on the streets.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
doing vigilante obviously. against scum. 1 man.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I get the impression some of these weird stalkers think that because Lowtax did that whole terrible joke article and got away with it they can say unfounded things and get away with it. There's a big difference between a joke article on a comedy website that blatantly states it is an attempt to get threatened with litigation, and people making claims on a subreddit that is claiming to be archiving and displaying information on said person they're making claims about.

Of course I'm not a lawyer and don't have one as a friend who can do freebies for me if I ever get sued for making poo poo up on the internet so take my observation with a grain of salt but I don't think you can pull a "Haha I was only making the funny jokes about him being a destitute and a criminal" there. I get they're trying to upset him cause making flagrantly false claims about him is actually a fantastic way to get his attention but man there are smarter ways to go about havin' a giggle.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hey guys just checkin in to see if Star Citizen is still doin' okay

*blows into magazine through helmet*

Yup everything's goin fine, no need to worry guys

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Xarbala posted:

Hey guys just checkin in to see if Star Citizen is still doin' okay

*blows into magazine through helmet*

Yup everything's goin fine, no need to worry guys

It's weird cause I swear we spent ages talking about the lovely screens on the gun, if they're not for ammo tracking then I have no loving idea why they're on the guns.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's weird cause I swear we spent ages talking about the lovely screens on the gun, if they're not for ammo tracking then I have no loving idea why they're on the guns.

Ad pop-ups for the latest $500 chariot, ofc.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

That first sentence is pretty amazing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLastRoboKy posted:

What if you get EMP'ed and the screen... IS BLANK!

Also, Chris thought of that and he put in a battery life for the screen. You can also press a button to turn it off.

gently caress, its like none of you are paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dunno if I saw this posted already, but Amazon’s Rich Hilleman and Star Citizen maker Our Lord the Crobblers to speak at May 1-2 GamesBeat Summit, a few day trip up to Berkeley including historic resort hotel but don't worry they're probably all covering Chris's travel/hotel/food/drink costs just so he'll show up and school everyone:

http://venturebeat.com/2017/03/10/amazons-rich-hilleman-and-star-citizen-maker-chris-roberts-to-speak-at-gamesbeat-summit

quote:

Our next speakers for our upcoming GamesBeat Summit event are Rich Hilleman of Amazon Game Studios and Chris Roberts, the CEO of Roberts Space Industries and maker of the upcoming Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games.

They will talk about our theme of technology and games at our event entitled GamesBeat Summit 2017: How games, sci-fi, and tech create real-world magic. GamesBeat Summit 2017 will take place on May 1 and May 2 at the historic Claremont resort hotel in Berkeley, California, just a short distance from San Francisco.

At a glance the headline sounded like maybe it was the two of them announcing their partnership where Amazon begged and paid Crobbles to come help them program and market their infrastructure but I don't see anything that says they're actually together or in relation to each other at all, they're just on a list of people that'll be there..? Oh please please be streamed