Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love that all it takes is not being able to coast their way to the finals while sitting any player of value for 1/4 of every game for the warriors to fall apart.

Almost like Steve Kerr's aww geez aww shucks let's just have some fun style has made the inmates run the asylum. See also every thing Draymond has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big news, the GSW-Spurs game has been replaced by Monster Jam

Grave Digger (DNP- Coach's decision)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean honestly in a year where the finals seemed kinda pre-determined for most of the year I'm pretty stoked that the race between SA and GSW has gotten so tight, shoutout to GS imploding.

Shame that uh tomorrow is gonna be some bench on bench conflict but I mean if those guys meet in the playoffs it's gonna be off the chain.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well props to ESPN where they are due, Igudola just says it's their back locker room joking. I have a feeling that isn't how a lot of people are gonna take it though…

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013

Rick posted:

Well props to ESPN where they are due, Igudola just says it's their back locker room joking. I have a feeling that isn't how a lot of people are gonna take it though…

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a locker room joke but I'd be surprised if Kerr was part of it. Sounds like some dumb poo poo you say behind coach's back.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
Also wouldn't be surprised if Iggy realized he said something real dumb and made up a flimsy excuse either

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't worry, Americans don't care about Locker Room Talk

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

meanwhile, in Atlanta

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/840314327806705667

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Does everyone in Atlanta operate at such a high level of irony that this winds back towards amusing somehow?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They need to get better douche boyfriend actors. That dude sucks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Listen you can't say they're actors because then all the fans who think the large mammal mascot is actually assaulting real Lakers and/or Warriors fans will be sad.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

1st quarter: kyle anderson vs javale mcgee one-on-one
2nd quarter: in a spoken word performance, a conflicted david west wonders if it's too late to rejoin the spurs
3rd quarter: extended performance by the traveling simon says halftime guy
4th quarter: pop and kerr discuss wine pairings for 12 minutes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/840405963383410692

:smugdog:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

1st quarter: kyle anderson vs javale mcgee one-on-one
2nd quarter: in a spoken word performance, a conflicted david west wonders if it's too late to rejoin the spurs
3rd quarter: extended performance by the traveling simon says halftime guy
4th quarter: pop and kerr discuss wine pairings for 12 minutes

I'd watch it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yay Wolves win and are the best

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here is Andre Drummond featuring on a rap song by some white kid who looks like he should be on a British teen drama
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbyTXDBfyj/

Stick to free throws, man.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Art Core...velay posted:

Also wouldn't be surprised if Iggy realized he said something real dumb and made up a flimsy excuse either

this is probably it but otoh I have no problem with players calling attention to the weird race dynamics of the nba but otooh iguodala is bitchmade and probably wasn't doing that on purpose so

uh

go spurs #1 seed

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Cory Joseph is loving dogshit

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If the Warriors don't' have Durant until round 2, I'd rather have the Thunder or Grizzlies than Blazers/Nuggets because variable 3-point shooting offense scares me more than paint-the-pack match-ups

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Tae posted:

If the Warriors don't' have Durant until round 2, I'd rather have the Thunder or Grizzlies than Blazers/Nuggets because variable 3-point shooting offense scares me more than paint-the-pack match-ups

My god, Nurkic is gonna lead the way to the second round which sets off a chain reaction that leads to the next big west coast quake, reducing Moda Center, Oracle Arena, and the Staple Center to dust.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tae posted:

I mean one is easier to consistently exploit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

you are insane if you would rather have an emotional charged series/grit n grind over two teams who can't play defense

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

you are insane if you would rather have an emotional charged series/grit n grind over two teams who can't play defense

Durant won't be playing in the first round, there's no emotional attachment.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tae posted:

Yeah, teams rarely care about playing teams that knocked them out of the playoff last year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That Hawks Cavs rematch was spirited, I'm sure.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait for the bulls' late lottery pick that they will spend on a point guard that can't shoot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
LaMarcus now out for indefinite period with mild heart arrhythmia, great

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

illcendiary posted:

what the heck?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Kawhi gonna put the TEAM ON HIS BACK and show the HE'S THE TRUE MVP

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

attackmole posted:

Kawhi gonna put the TEAM ON HIS BACK and show the HE'S THE TRUE MVP

He's out with a concussion right now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

with russ and green on both teams i'm going to disagree

illcendiary posted:

what the christ

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

He has Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (haven't taken the time to look it up) apparently. Two procedures to treat since rookie year

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgQyA2jCGN/

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

how indefinite are we talking here?

seasonally indefinitely? couple weeks? couple games?

hope he doesn't need surgery.

alright, dlee. time to shine!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I would guess for at least a week for monitoring purposes.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No kawhi, no Aldridge, no Draymond, no curry, no Durant, no Klay, no iggy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It should be impossible to root for the Cavs, but if Larry Sanders is starting for them against the Warriors and Deron Williams plays 20 minutes a night it will be really hard not to.

Still have to root for Draymond and friendship basketball, but Durant detracts from that by 27%

Lamarc Gasoldridge's status as two beings at once means that sometimes one being starts to go out of phase with the other and so he needs to enter a hexagonal chamber with hydraulic struts on 4 faces that shake him in a precise manner until the beings are again combined, the heart beat is synchronized. This is medical science known since times of the Abbasids.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

No fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Paul Zuvella posted:

Adam Silver is loving it!

• Locked thread