Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Captain Zulu of the Excelsior waging war against the planet of Africans who stole Tasha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

And khan was a beardless sikh because he was a nonconformist and totally not just a mexican

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The new star trek better have some real mexicans!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

The new star trek better have some real mexicans!!!

you will just have to accept that the only minorities that matter are black people and asian people.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

corn in the bible posted:

you will just have to accept that the only minorities that matter are black people and asian people.

Don't forget the Irish

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The only thing close to a mexican was o'briens guy that spent that whole episode bleeding to death

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
According to the autists over at Memory Alpha the only mention of Mexico outside of a historical context is that Reed once visited a spa there.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

bashir's parents were east-indian stereotypes if I'm remembering right.

edit: at least, they really reminded me of a pair of east-indian parents I know

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

One was australian and the other one was vaguely eastern european

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hi I'm Janeway please cut off my hair to make a fire

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Captain's privilege.

Also why did Picard's quarters have two doors?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Captain's privilege.

So the ship paparazzi don't see Doctor Crusher leaving in the morning

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

picard likes to gently caress then drink tea

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I imagined he would just play his flute then pout

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which kinda conflicts with his sudden life-long passion of archaeology in One Small Step, considering that profession generally involves a lot of camping in remote places.

Depends on where you do it I think, you could make a career somewhere ancient and urban, like Jerusalem or Bajor or whatever, without ever seeing a tent. But the writers didn't think anything through that far.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Captain's privilege.

One door lead to the captain's yacht that he sometimes went on about

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

One door lead to the captain's yacht that he sometimes went on about

I thought they both went to the hallway....hrm

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

According to the autists over at Memory Alpha the only mention of Mexico outside of a historical context is that Reed once visited a spa there.

AU CONTRAIRE MON CAPITAN!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Powered Descent posted:

Hey now, they could have easily been Tejanos.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Powered Descent posted:

Well poo poo

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
When paramount hires your mariachi band, you know you've achieved the height of your craft.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought a giant lizard or something ate that Lt Ayala guy who showed up every third episode when the Voyager crew was stranded on that planet after the ship was stolen.

I believe he was attacked by a point of view shot, like so many brave others in television scifi :911:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I bet the day the mariachi band came to the set was awesome

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I bet the day the mariachi band came to the set was awesome

Imagine how much fun it was when President Reagan visited

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He was a terrible mariachi!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm not sure what P. Stew's facial expression is there. Bemused?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I'm in the middle of watching Beyond

thought you should know

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

angerbeet posted:

Its an expression that has only ever appeared once, its the combined embarrassment and bemusement of wearing a fleece top for a photo with a sitting president coupled the dawning terror of the realization that this nuclear-armed president is half senile and that you have an obligation to alert your Queen.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He probably thought he was touring the real space program.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

He also narrated one of those cgi heavy dinosaur documentaries. "Here is what we think a dinosaur battle royale would look like."

That was the BBC America version of Walking With Dinosaurs. The British one had Kenneth Branagh. Still the best Dino documentary ever despite its since debunked science in some cases.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

He probably thought he was touring the real space program.

Space defense program, actually. Even then, they had to correct him.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

angerbeet posted:

It's reminds me of that look you have after your grandpa tells you an inappropriate, vaguely-racist joke and someone says "Cheese!"

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Stewart tells the story that Reagan is the only person to never ask permission to sit in the captain's chair before sitting. I maintain that Reagan was an actor and used to being on sets so the veneer of of being in awe of a set piece went out the window.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 12, 2017

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

Stewart tells the story that Reagan is the only person to never ask permission to sit in the captain's chair before sitting. I maintain that Reagan was an actor and used to being on sets so the veneer of
of being in awe of a set piece went out the window.

Good. Leader of the free world doesn't need permission to take the con.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Arcsquad12 posted:

That was the BBC America version of Walking With Dinosaurs. The British one had Kenneth Branagh. Still the best Dino documentary ever despite its since debunked science in some cases.

But it is a bad documentary now because it's wrong

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

But it is a bad documentary now because it's wrong

It's a better documentary than a million bullshit "Allosaurus vs T. Rex fight" shows. Not to mention it still looks better than all those shows and it came out nearly twenty years ago.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
I liked that one documentary about the warship voyager archduke ferdinanding a racism planet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Was he actually still president when he visited? I think that's a Season 3+ costume Stewart's got on because he's got the boots and pants on, but the top isn't there and the S1-2 costumes were one-piece Spandex.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Reagan was a fuckstain who was already experiencing the onset of Alzheimers. So of course he hosed around with and sat in props without asking anyone. Let's assume he knew the ettiquette for that situation, he was either to mush brained to remember or was that big of an rear end in a top hat towards the cast of a show that he probably saw as promoting a communist ideal

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
He (Reagan) looks like he hasn't got a loving clue where he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ok. I'm reaching the end of my 2nd DS9 run and i intend to finish out the last few eps i didn't watch last time.

I can either go by the thread title and relive my preteen years and feel shame that i found this watchable despite remembering nothing about it, or i can go for Enterprise.

Don't really have a mood for TOS or TAS

so which is less suffering? ENT or VOY?