Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ellison should have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrjxyOrpHTk

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Buttgieg to discouraged supporter: this selection process sure was something awful

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

love those comments

quote:

Patrick Higgins1 day ago
Keith, buck this. The dems are loving weak like your sellout rear end. Cant stand up to corp money and lobbyist.

quote:

Salacious Thatch1 day ago
Go gently caress yourself forever Keith.

quote:

james beihl1 day ago
Stop using the civil rights era as moral leverage and a defense against any kind of criticism Democrats. John Lewis I'm looking at you too.

quote:

trippplefive1 day ago
Yep, that's how to get progressive votes...talk down to them like they are a bunch of whiny kids. Sanders compromised big time for endorsing this guy from the very beginning.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

tower time posted:

Buttgieg to discouraged supporter: this selection process sure was something awful

it def was, he didn't win

broken from the very start

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
buttigieg had stairs in his house

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I won't deny Chris Hayes wil make it less Good. But it's still Bernie going to deep Red States and bringing out the crowds.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Guy DeBorgore posted:

democrats: easily the worst party, except for the republicans

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

The Democrats should about face and pass this sack of poo poo healthcare bill

Imagine the looks on everyone's faces when they do that

It's gently caress over all of Trump's supporters

What've they got to lose? The white house? Senate? Lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you know what, htere is a small but deffo chance that buttigeig is a goon

IT + right age

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Baloogan posted:

you know what, htere is a small but deffo chance that buttigeig is a goon

IT + right age

+ probably said "im gay" at least once

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

I'm still kind of confused how an apparent human being could logically process "my child needs iron" into "put spinach in pancakes"

like, "give her a pill and let her take it with Kool-Aid or whatever" should probably come before that
Granted green pancakes are probably not the most optimal solution, but I'd say if the kid eats them without too much issue it's better than pilling the kid up.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
any kid who eats green pancakes is obviously a spawn of satan

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i will not eat green cakes of pan

i will not eat them, anemic i am

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
chelsea clintons so woke she refuses to let her kid take the iron pill

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Excuse me Bill Clinton is a beloved politician we can't just let him go

Yes, he imprisoned millions of black young men and unregulated financial markets but black leaders LOVE him

Random internet shlob Tight Booty Shorts whitesplains to black leaders what they should and should not approve of.

It's almost as if those black leaders are aware that things were better for black people under Clinton than they were before, even if they weren't perfect.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Random internet shlob Tight Booty Shorts whitesplains to black leaders what they should and should not approve of.

It's almost as if those black leaders are aware that things were better for black people under Clinton than they were before, even if they weren't perfect.

As if black leaders can't misguide "their people" as well. Lol GTFO with this bullshit.

As a minority myself, it is eyeroll inducing to see Clinton supporters think they are intouch and know what's best for people of color.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"black people wanted it!!!!!!!" will never be an excuse for bill bringing down the hammer on them even loving harder

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Neurolimal posted:

chelsea clintons so woke she refuses to let her kid take the iron pill

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

other things black people wanted: better housing, jobs programs, economic stimulus packages, drug treatment on demand, better healthcare

other things bill clinton gave a gently caress about: none of the above

but goddamnit he was Tough on Crime

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the bill's increase in punishments were cruel and unnecessary, although its impact is overstated since most prosecutions are at the state level. but i think the significant support the bill received from the afam community is an important point for those who feel the need to portray the bill as irredeemably racist.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Its a shame we have to lock up millions of black fathers and brothers and teenagers for having weed on them or going 3mph over the speed limit, but its what they wanted, our hands were tied.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Henry Cuellar is one of the most prominent Latino Dems and he's basically a Republican piece of poo poo.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Oh poo poo, Bill Clinton did more for black people than checks record Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr., well, with a passed bar like that, I can see why he's immune from criticism forever and ever.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Oh Snapple! posted:

other things black people wanted: better housing, jobs programs, economic stimulus packages, drug treatment on demand, better healthcare

other things bill clinton gave a gently caress about : none of the above

but goddamnit he was Tough on Crime

bill clinton didn't pass the community reinvestment act, the crime bill didn't have big investments for drug treatment, and apparently the clintons never tried to pass universal healthcare. hm.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Concerned Citizen posted:

the bill's increase in punishments were cruel and unnecessary, although its impact is overstated since most prosecutions are at the state level. but i think the significant support the bill received from the afam community is an important point for those who feel the need to portray the bill as irredeemably racist.

this is true, but its also important to note that the bills effects weren't unforseeable, since plenty of politicians of the time were railing against the bill, including

~~st. bernard~~

it's possible the leaders either didn't put weight in these critiques or just are detached enough from the ground level to not realize it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Neurolimal posted:

this is true, but its also important to note that the bills effects weren't unforseeable, since plenty of politicians of the time were railing against the bill, including

~~st. bernard~~

st. bernard voted for the bill, too, however.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Its actually good and woke that black people are six times more likely to be incarcerated than white people.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Also, is Concerned Citizen just posting YouTube comments to back up his point now, because lol if so.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

st. bernard voted for the bill, too, however.

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hellary

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

Its actually good and woke that black people are six times more likely to be incarcerated than white people.

that sounds like something i said

Probably Magic posted:

Also, is Concerned Citizen just posting YouTube comments to back up his point now, because lol if so.

i wasn't making a point, i was making fun of dumb tyt people

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Everyone here knows why Bernie voted for that bill and of his voiced opposition to the actual tough on crime poo poo. Why even bring that up.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Elephant Ambush posted:

iirc TBS isn't even white lmao

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

PHANGOR, Destroyer of All: "choose your destiny, mortal, do you wish to experience The Unspeakable Death, or do you wish to be kicked in the nuts"

*20 years later humans reminisce fondly of Phangor for giving humans what they asked for, a swift kick in the nuts*

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

PHANGOR, Destroyer of All: "choose your destiny, mortal, do you wish to experience The Unspeakable Death, or do you wish to be kicked in the nuts"

*20 years later humans reminisce fondly of Phangor for giving humans what they asked for, a swift kick in the nuts*

Please don't deny the humans their agency in this.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Oh Snapple! posted:

Everyone here knows why Bernie voted for that bill and of his voiced opposition to the actual tough on crime poo poo. Why even bring that up.

well i just mean that the idea that the bill was nothing but a giant boot stomping down on the face of black people seems to be contradicted by the fact that sen. sanders voted for it despite his opposition to the tough on crime provisions, which again were terrible.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

i wasn't making a point, i was making fun of dumb tyt people

You're acting like YouTube comments matter one way or another. It's like that old dumb trend of flinging out quotes from r/bernie or whatever, it's making fun of internet spam that could possibly be disingenuous and is indicative of nothing in general.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Probably Magic posted:

You're acting like YouTube comments matter one way or another. It's like that old dumb trend of flinging out quotes from r/bernie or whatever, it's making fun of internet spam that could possibly be disingenuous and is indicative of nothing in general.

oh, i'm glad we're posting on something awful, a website that wasn't literally founded on the premise of making fun of dumb poo poo on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

oh, i'm glad we're posting on something awful, a website that wasn't literally founded on the premise of making fun of dumb poo poo on the internet

dont sign your posts

• Locked thread