Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

i have done my absolute best to remove myself from the hype around this game, and completely forgot it was a thing up until my facebook feed filled up with people playing it

tell me, thread. what is it going to take to get you to give up on BioWare? The ME3 fiasco was terrible, and DA:I was pretty milquetoast for a singleplayer MMORPG. Why do you keep coming back? What does ME: A do to warrant a return to the series that doesn't coincide with fellating a gun?

Cloaca docking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Reminds me of the claim that the design for Fenris was cribbed from a character in a DA:O mod

But oh no, not in-game model shots from someone's Deviantart page! The horror :rolleyes:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Clawtopsy posted:

i have done my absolute best to remove myself from the hype around this game, and completely forgot it was a thing up until my facebook feed filled up with people playing it

tell me, thread. what is it going to take to get you to give up on BioWare? The ME3 fiasco was terrible, and DA:I was pretty milquetoast for a singleplayer MMORPG. Why do you keep coming back? What does ME: A do to warrant a return to the series that doesn't coincide with fellating a gun?

I mean, tbh, I only played DA:I for the first time in December so we'll see how quickly I play ME:A. If it gets pretty sick goon reviews for the single player I'll snap it up right quick, but if the multiplayer turns out to be the diamond in the rough I'll probably never buy it for more than free.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Deakul posted:

Bioshit is at it again.

I don't think this really works as a portmanteau.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

Oh hey dude! Didn't expect to see you over here

The thing keeping us from all stump jumping is an excellent multiplayer that lets us be Krogans

Duh

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Reminds me of the claim that the design for Fenris was cribbed from a character in a DA:O mod

But oh no, not in-game model shots from someone's Deviantart page! The horror :rolleyes:

If they're willing to noticeably cut corners for a codex thing, what sort of half-assing can we expect to see in the full game?

Oh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SgtSteel91 posted:

actually, its funny

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SgtSteel91 posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Also, it's been 7 years since I played ME2 and my memory might be kind of fuzzy but wasn't Grunt basically 'born' when you find him? Why would these people who cut off all contact and left the Galaxy a century before have a picture of him?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

What are people thinking for their first builds?

I'm thinking engineer pet class, Remnant VI, Assault Turret, Invasion. Let everyone else do the fighting for me, but given the love for them here, I'm guessing most people will go for a vanguard-eqsue build?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If they're willing to noticeably cut corners for a codex thing, what sort of half-assing can we expect to see in the full game?

Oh.

You don't know how trick shot it is to force a bullet to go out of the backside of a gun.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

I'm thinking engineer pet class, Remnant VI, Assault Turret, Invasion. Let everyone else do the fighting for me, but given the love for them here, I'm guessing most people will go for a vanguard-eqsue build?

Man with Revenan and whatever lets you fire the Revenant faster

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

CottonWolf posted:

I'm probably going to have Engineer, Sentinel, Adept, and Vanguard on my loadout. All the combos with the ability to start charging face if the need arises.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

Infiltrator, with cryo blast and energy drain as my go-to powers, then get Combat powers like flak cannon and that one power that spawns a chest high wall for you.. Later I think I'll invest in some biotic skills like Lance and eventually Charge.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Crabtree posted:

You don't know how trick shot it is to force a bullet to go out of the backside of a gun.
You don't know how trick shot it is to shoot someone by ricocheting the bullet off of your own teeth.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CottonWolf posted:

To be fair to the thread, the vanguard love might be skewed due to me.

I'm the poster child of always be charging. Discovering that power in ME2 was like a religious experience.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vanguard is what I played most in me2 and me3 and I have a hard time believing I will do anything else first. I have a few ideas for the twins, including one based on my wife and her twin, so maybe I will play Wife Ryder as whatever my wife wants.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Who cares. If they paid for the stock image it's theirs to use however they want.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dexo posted:

Who cares. If they paid for the stock image it's theirs to use however they want.

i, too, cannot fault my videogame developer for being completely lazy as poo poo

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dexo posted:

Agreed but the deviantart stuff is inexcusable.

Will Peebee be this game's Jar Jar? Discuss

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
People wondered what Tali looked like under the helmet for 3 games and the best they could do was photoshop a stock photo so that the model had three fingers instead of five

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Cowcaster posted:

i, too, cannot fault my videogame developer for being completely lazy as poo poo

If only they could see how much effort you put into this thread as example.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

a primate posted:

Will Peebee be this game's Jar Jar? Discuss

I think savant Jar Jar without the racist overtones is highly likely.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

People wondered what Tali looked like under the helmet for 3 games and the best they could do was photoshop a stock photo so that the model had three fingers instead of five

Which is hilarious. I'll even grant you lazy. But not gonna have righteous anger over it.

Tali stans deserve exactly that amount of effort. :colbert:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the tali thing was unimaginative and lame

the codex thing, who cares man

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Nobody worth anyone's time wondered what Tali looked like under the helmet for 3 games and the best they could do was photoshop a stock photo so that the model had three fingers instead of five

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean, painting it as bioware having sheer contempt for their audience instead of sheer lack of effort might actually be more endearing imo

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

SgtSteel91 posted:

If I weren't lazy (like Bioware! Hey!) I'd emptyquote my post a few pages back about stupid poo poo that people inexplicably insist is important.

This is exactly the kind of thing that should get minimal resources devoted to it, because normal people don't scour the internet for stock photos that might have been the source for images featured in codex entries. Why should they spend an artist's time creating a new picture of a Krogan when they could buy an existing one that's just as good and that has been seen by maybe a few hundred people (and remembered by far fewer)? "To avoid pissing off the obsessive people who ask nasty questions at con panels" is not a great answer.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Picture holding a job sitting at a desk where you bullshit tasks are determined by a bunch of gamer expectations. There's nothing but contempt and want for a paycheck there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowcaster posted:

i mean, painting it as bioware having sheer contempt for their audience instead of sheer lack of effort might actually be more endearing imo

Its lack of effort.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Cowcaster posted:

"Lazy" is hilarious. Like the company collectively didn't want to work hard enough, rather than not wanting to spend a staff member's time unnecessarily when there was a ton to do already.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why waste artists and animators time making sure the guns are pointed the right way around in cutscenes only obsessives will get bent out of shape over it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

why waste artists and animators time making sure the guns are pointed the right way around in cutscenes only obsessives will get bent out of shape over it

I mean that might be a bug?

they shoulda spent more time on the facial expressions which look p. bad but the backwards gun literally might be a bug

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Also, it's been 7 years since I played ME2 and my memory might be kind of fuzzy but wasn't Grunt basically 'born' when you find him? Why would these people who cut off all contact and left the Galaxy a century before have a picture of him?

Seems it leaves a little while after ME2 ends, they could have a photo of Grunt at some point if you really want to think about it.
Also, believe it or not... Grunt is probably more recognizable to new players than Wrex is.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 11, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

When I first saw the scene, it was so quick I didn't even notice the gun was backwards until the seconds long take of Peebee drawing the gun was gif'ed and held on that shot.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pattonesque posted:

I mean that might be a bug?

why waste programmers and QA time making sure the guns are pointed the right way around in cutscenes only obsessives will get bent out of shape over it

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

It took freezeframing from nerds riding the hype train to point it out, if not obsessives then what

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DoctorGonzo posted:

why waste programmers and QA time making sure the guns are pointed the right way around in cutscenes only obsessives will get bent out of shape over it

They probably genuinely hadn't noticed/it's not repeatable. It's so quick. You don't put out marketing material like that deliberately. I imagine it'll get patched somewhere down the line now they know about it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I don't think I noticed the gun being backwards when I watched the video until I saw it pointed out, but I also think that laughing at it is OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah but that's not what the stock photo stuff is complaining about. Backwards gun is fuckin funny and looks real bad for them, using a stock photo and doctoring it for the tali picture that has a lenseflare on it anyway so you can barely see jack poo poo doesn't matter. You're kind of a dweeb if you post that poo poo like you've solved a murder mystery and caught Bioware in the act of hiding the body.