Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I hope Robo is the GoD of the chrono trigger universe and then Lucca who is cool and my friend casts Flare and murders Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Herms has them up

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/status/840224905954185217

EDIT: Doesn't have Marcarita posted though.

Quoting myself for the new page.

Also, that tears it. This really is all Beerus' fault.

U11 God: Justice minded goof.

U11 Strongest: Justice minded goof.

U7 God: Punch happy glutton.

U7 strongest: Punch happy glutton.

Cultivate better champions, Beerus!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the idea of a Kai who built his own GoD.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like I've seen somewhere that there's no episode this weekend, but I can't seem to find whatever said so. Anyone else hear anything about it?

Crunchyroll says episode 82 is 8 days from now, so checks out.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone think it'd be interesting if the Grand Priest wanted to get rid of Zeno by both letting two of them exist and allowing this dumb Tournament to transpire? I mean, I'm just pulling poo poo out of my rear end with this, but even if the Angels are stronger than everyone, Zeno included, GP probably wouldn't be happy at the thought of the likes of Zeno, some rear end in a top hat that can erase anyone or anything just cause. Including him or his family. When it was just one it was this eternal danger and hell that you just had to live with and manipulate to the best of their abilities, but with two of them - well, wouldn't it be interesting to get Zeno to erase himself?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Anyone think it'd be interesting if the Grand Priest wanted to get rid of Zeno by both letting two of them exist and allowing this dumb Tournament to transpire? I mean, I'm just pulling poo poo out of my rear end with this, but even if the Angels are stronger than everyone, Zeno included, GP probably wouldn't be happy at the thought of the likes of Zeno, some rear end in a top hat that can erase anyone or anything just cause. Including him or his family. When it was just one it was this eternal danger and hell that you just had to live with and manipulate to the best of their abilities, but with two of them - well, wouldn't it be interesting to get Zeno to erase himself?

One issue with this is that Zeno would still have one copy in existence depending on which was successful in erasing the other first.

Also I don't buy any of the "Whis's dad is manipulating everything" theories in my opinion this situation is one that the grand priest and zeno are both totally happy with and the only person working to manipulate anything behind the scenes is Whis.

Idk what for though its pretty drat hard to get a good read on him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Dragon Ball Z reference in the newest Steven Universe episode

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

That crew really loves them some dbz.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the high priest soley exists so goku has someone to punch when he finally rages against the machine. Unless we have an arc where the big threat is zenos hit puberty and is now super swole.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Puberty Zeno should be the exact same size, voice, etc, but with popeye arms as the only difference

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Adder Moray posted:

So apparently Vermoud (clown God U11) is really big on the whole "gently caress evil" thing and Marcarita (Angel) is constantly on his and his Kaioshin's case for not being strict enough.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/48.html

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/chara/50.html

I don't fully understand. The God of Destruction is big on crushing evil. The Angel says the God is 'not strict enough'. How can this be, if he's already crushing all evil directly?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

drrockso20 posted:

Yamcha is dying in shows he's not even in now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Bloodly posted:

I don't fully understand. The God of Destruction is big on crushing evil. The Angel says the God is 'not strict enough'. How can this be, if he's already crushing all evil directly?

Maybe he beats the evil up then goes 'Be good and sin no more' and then he goes away and they continue to be evil jerks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

The God of Destruction's job is not to destroy evil. If he's only destroying evil and giving 'good' a pass he's probably not doing his job as strictly as he should.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

dbz universe is buddhist-esque so the presumed goal of the gods is to maintain a certain karmic balance between good and evil, life and death, w/e

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It seems to me like the only order the gods have been given is just now being told to participate in the Tournament of Power.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bloodly posted:

Just think of the ED:

A devil with the mask of an angel is telling me to crush all evil or something along those lines.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

maybe he's a bit too loose with his definition of evil.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

the high priest soley exists so goku has someone to punch when he finally rages against the machine. Unless we have an arc where the big threat is zenos hit puberty and is now super swole.

If he was there to be punched they wouldn't have made him a midget with stubby arms and legs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sassassin posted:

If he was there to be punched they wouldn't have made him a midget with stubby arms and legs.

He'll pull a Garlic Jr obviously

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

He'll pull a Garlic Jr obviously

But his arms and legs just get longer without becoming proportionally balanced so he just looks like an Adventure Time character.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Bloodly posted:

It does mention he likes seeing the Pride Troopers in action. I'm guessing he makes one of Beerus' mistakes and dictates GoD jobs to favored mortals.

That or the fact that just because he doesn't tolerate evil doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't lazy as all hell.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I forget, are the pride troops from one of the 4 safe universes?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

notaspy posted:

I forget, are the pride troops from one of the 4 safe universes?

No, Pride Troopers are 11.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Bloodly posted:

Gods of Destruction should not favor one side.
Gods of Destruction should be beyond good and evil, like true forces of nature, not choosing wich planet to destroy based on it's people's morals, but rather on the quality of the food they make.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Captain Quack posted:

Gods of Destruction should be beyond good and evil, like true forces of nature, not choosing wich planet to destroy based on it's people's morals, but rather on the quality of the food they make.

Gods of Destruction shouldn't exist.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

sassassin posted:

Gods of Destruction shouldn't exist.

Given the generally Taoist/Chinese folk religion feel to the supernatural elements of Dragonball (frankly one of my favorite aspects of it in a lot of ways. I'm a sucker for the celestial bureaucracy) I'm pretty sure that there's probably a given assumption that some sort of cosmic balance between creation/destruction is necessary and that without Gods of Destruction Bad Things would happen.

I mean, life and growth are great and all, but what is cancer if not unchecked life/growth?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku will defeat all the gods of destruction and bring balance to the force

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

i mean goku vs beerus for real this time seemed like the clear endgame of super until recently

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Goku becoming god would be pretty funny

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beerus hasn't even revealed any of his transformations yet.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Captain Quack posted:

And this is why Beerus has the 2nd worst universe.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait this tournament isn't a cook-off to see which GoD's universe has the best food?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Goku becoming god would be pretty funny
I think it would be more ironic if Vegeta became a God of Destruction, given where he started off in DBZ.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

Beerus hasn't even revealed any of his transformations yet.

I honestly want to see Angels transform into some freaky as hell non human forms, but I know that they won't be that literal with using the name. Maybe the final episode of this arc will involve Toribot coming down, freaking out that he has no idea how to end it and just changes everything.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

Goku will destroy the system that employs Gods of Destruction and bring balance to his personal life.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I honestly want to see Angels transform into some freaky as hell non human forms, but I know that they won't be that literal with using the name. Maybe the final episode of this arc will involve Toribot coming down, freaking out that he has no idea how to end it and just changes everything.

"I'm tired of this universe so I've handed it over to a new god!"

*opening of Dragonball GT*

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

And this is why Beerus has the 2nd worst universe.

Beerus has the 2nd worst universe because he is lazy and Shin is incompetent.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Captain Quack posted:

Beerus has the 2nd worst universe because he is lazy and Shin is incompetent.

No arguments here. But he manifests his laziness in only bothering to destroy world's that annoy him. And Shin's only incompetent because Beerus didn't bother to destroy the existential threat that killed the guy who was supposed to teach him how to do his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Raxivace posted:

I think it would be more ironic if Vegeta became a God of Destruction, given where he started off in DBZ.

And thus the power of bulma only grew more

• Locked thread