Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Cheesed both Ursula maps with a team consisting of Lv. 40 *5 Robin (+HP, -Def), Lv. 40 *5 Leo (+Def, -Res), Lv. 40 Camilla (+HP, -Res), and Lv. 40 4* Serra (+Spd, -Res). Had some close calls on the Lunatic version though (in particular, if Serra didn't survive the hit from the upper Poison Dagger+ Thief, I couldn't have positioned Leo so that he'd be out of Ursula's range that turn, which would have failed the battle).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on which Effie should get the feathers: +def/-spd or +atk/-hp
Without a doubt the -spd one. If she was +res instead of +def, you'd have the best possible Effie.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alright got an Effie! -HP+DEF though.

Effie 5*
Takumi 5*
M Corrin 5*

Teams coming together

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'd love an Effie, but this game just LOVES giving me red orbs on the Ursula banner. :shepicide:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I beat Ursula too at last. Gwendolyn, Olivia and FRobin all 4 stars. I did play Cecilia too but she didn't participate.

Then I thought I'd try to get Effie or Nino with the 13 orbs I had. The selection had three blues, seemed pretty good. Then I got two shitters I already had at 3* but the last one started with a movie. MRobin at five? Seems great! Wait what the gently caress you're only three stars. Why do you have a movie?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's impossible to roll MRobin at 5* now. He's naturally a 3-4* character and could only be a 5* because of the first focus banner.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nuebot posted:

I tried using my hector but like the difference between one spot, where the two ninjas suicide and nothing happens, and the spot next to it, where Ursula suicides into him and leaves him too weak to double the second ninja which then ensures anyone behind hector is hosed so I can't move hector and then he gets murdered by the swordman, is really annoying. gently caress whoever designed this map and made the ninjas unstoppable murder machines.

Bring a cav or flyer to go in front of Hector so he can move back. The ninjas do practically no damage to those units too.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
If anyone's really bored and wants to look at an ugly spreadsheet, maybe you can help me move past Feather Paralysis and start deciding who should get promoted.

(I melted down a lot of dupes / those 1-2* guys earlier 'cause I never played a character gacha before and I'm stupid :shobon: )
I'm lucky enough to have Lucina, Effie, and Hector as my god squad, but I dunno who else to buff up. I JUST pulled both Nino and Tharja, so maybe one of them since I don't have any great mages. But maybe there's some diamond in the rough here that I don't know about. Also, when are they going to show us these stats in-game so I don't have to have a stupid Excel spreadsheet?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Skill inheritance is coming out in a week, and depending on how exactly it works it'll change everything we know about this game. I think the best choice right now is to play it safe and make no major decisions until the fallout from that has settled. It's not like your feathers will rot if left unused.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Thanks, that's a good point. I'm actually pretty stoked for that, customizing is gonna be a blast and hopefully getting doubles from summoning will feel fun instead of sad!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DarciisFyer posted:

Visible buffs (green arrow, green numbers, touch number to see +4) ex Hone, Fortify, Goad, or Rally do not stack on the same stat. Invisible ones ex Spur/Deathblow/Ward that only apply in combat stack without limit.

So if I position correctly that means I can have Eliwood/Jaegan with +10 atk/spd from both Goad(an invisible one) and Hone(green arrow)?

But what really needs to happen is for me to get 3 Reinhardts so i can get +12 or +14 atk/spd.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i was kind of hoping the aranea quests were going to be a monthly thing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

i was kind of hoping the aranea quests were going to be a monthly thing

We all were. But if they have these voting battles every month then I guess that mostly covers the feathers.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If you don't have any idea who to feather, Sharena is always a good choice.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Did you just make that pun on purpose?

Regarding those duders potaties has waiting for rank upgrades, to my idiot eyes I can say your best bets are either tharja or nino, since they've both got +SPD. Though since inheritance is coming soon enough that you don't have to worry about it at all until people go crazy mashing other duplicates into their favorite units to give them possibly powerful skill sets.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I hope y'all are prepared for the incoming Ryoma meta because the whale char du jour is like 110% definitely gonna be Fury/Vantage Ryoma

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I imagine a Vantage Tharja will also be horrifying. I just did an arena where I tried to bait her with a blue character, and she still swung for 32x2.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Got an Effie and two Nino's. :toot:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I imagine a Vantage Tharja will also be horrifying. I just did an arena where I tried to bait her with a blue character, and she still swung for 32x2.

You baited the Tharja with a blue character that either had 4 resistance or Tharja had a ton of buffs on her.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh, this nino banner ends on the thirteenth. Has the next banner been leaked or anything yet? I've got enough orbs for one last roll then I'm out for a very long time unless we get a big story update. So it'd be neat to know if the next banner is someone I like or if I should go for the nino roll instead.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

As far as I could see, she had a single attack buff on her, and Effie had 21 RES. I thought she would take significant damage, but I didn't think she'd evaporate.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Ryoma having Raijinto means he can equip the best slot A skill (Fury) without losing Close/Distant Counter and he'll wreck anyone who attacks him that isn't a red killer. It's gonna be gross.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Philip Rivers posted:

Ryoma having Raijinto means he can equip the best slot A skill (Fury) without losing Close/Distant Counter and he'll wreck anyone who attacks him that isn't a red killer. It's gonna be gross.

But who doesn't use a red killer? Reds are so common.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did the feather rewards for the army rank increase in the final round? Guess I should have saved flags!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
fucck, I suck at the arena. I can barely get anymore than 2000 score.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

fucck, I suck at the arena. I can barely get anymore than 2000 score.

Do you have a featured character on your team? Because having one literally doubles your score and yes it's a very dumb system

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Philip Rivers posted:

Do you have a featured character on your team? Because having one literally doubles your score and yes it's a very dumb system

naw that's not the problem. I keep dying to everybody's team because I keep getting in terrible positions.

loving takumi, man. Distant counter is so dumb

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

widespread posted:

Burned all of my Green Shards to see that my Camilla is +HP/-RES. Goody. :shepface:

And then there's poo poo like Eirika being -HP/+ATK, and Cain having what looks like -ATK/-SPD/-RES for whatever ungodly reason. I might be reading it wrong or doing SOMETHING wrong here.
Just use feheroes.wiki and do the math yourself. They've got all starting stats and most final stats.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Should I rank up Effie or Roy? My only other sword person is Eirika.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Agoat posted:

Should I rank up Effie or Roy? My only other sword person is Eirika.

Effie is very good, Roy is very mediocre and Eirika is very good.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Andrast posted:

Effie is very good, Roy is very mediocre and Eirika is very good.

Effie it is.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

So is the consensus on Ursula is that she's pretty mediocre in terms of combat viability? I was considering putting her in a Cav team for arena defense with Gunter, Jagen, and someone else, but I'm not sure if I want to invest the time into her or some other unit.

Someone posted her lv. 40 5* stats on Reddit

Stats are kind of whatever, but her abilities and AoE special aren't awful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

eggrolled posted:

So is the consensus on Ursula is that she's pretty mediocre in terms of combat viability? I was considering putting her in a Cav team for arena defense with Gunter, Jagen, and someone else, but I'm not sure if I want to invest the time into her or some other unit.

Someone posted her lv. 40 5* stats on Reddit

Stats are kind of whatever, but her abilities and AoE special aren't awful

5 charge abilities might as well not exist in the arena

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Yeah true, it's a pretty big negative when it's not something like Galeforce :(

Sorry Ursula.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least a 4* Ursula should be way better than the 3* FRobin I had to use in the arena this cycle

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

eggrolled posted:

Yeah true, it's a pretty big negative when it's not something like Galeforce :(

Sorry Ursula.

My experience with Lyn was that galeforce is garbage and that Astra was better.

Young Tiki's ult is pretty great as 5 stars go, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Cordelia's okay with Galeforce. She's got the Brave to mean she can proc it, though.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Just rolled my fourth 4* Gaius

He doesn't even have any good skills. :mad:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I have absolutely no way to get Ursula I think. Only have a few characters at 30 and no dancer. Is it worth taking my 2-star freebie Olivia to 3 or 4 stars? I have a ridiculous amount of shards since I haven't spent them on much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

mistaya posted:

I have absolutely no way to get Ursula I think. Only have a few characters at 30 and no dancer. Is it worth taking my 2-star freebie Olivia to 3 or 4 stars? I have a ridiculous amount of shards since I haven't spent them on much else.

totally worth it, three stars would be enough. if you have a green mage and a tank, you can ez it easily.