Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Based on what? She's coming to Orlando during WM so I'd have to say she's at least seriously considering the offer.

First to dispute Meltzer's reports but STARDOM report is highly accurate when I looked into it.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The list isn't mine BTW, just one I found. You can probably add Mia Yim to it somewhere as well.

WWE has interest in Karen Q. Chinese American who speaks Chinese so she's highly sign-able. From the same Wrestling school as Deonna and Mia Yim is a fan:

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/839622803469004800

Beginning to work outside of New Jersey:

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/830199949061140480

The women's scene is kind of exploding. Kiera Hogan is someone people are high on too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

WWE has interest in Karen Q. Chinese American who speaks Chinese so she's highly sign-able. From the same Wrestling school as Deonna and Mia Yim is a fan:

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/839622803469004800

Given the amount of unnecessary flips before that forearm, she's probably more suited to tag with the Young Bucks at a PWG show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rovert posted:

The women's scene is kind of exploding.

#ThankyouSteph

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blasmeister posted:

#ThankyouSteph

You may joke about this, but I wouldn't put it past Stephanie to be the "benefactor" of the Women's Tournament. Instead of Triple H coming out at the end to raise the hand of the winner, it would be Stephanie.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

Io is also not leaving Stardom.

That by no means indicates she couldn't be in their tournament though. See also ZSJ and Ibushi in the CWC.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

That by no means indicates she couldn't be in their tournament though. See also ZSJ and Ibushi in the CWC.

I can see that as also least likely to actually happen, considering she's Stardoms ace but who knows stranger things have happened, maybe Stardom will let her travel to the states for a WWE tournament she wouldn't win in with the added threat of possible injury for just coming in for a cup of coffee.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They let her show up in LU, so it wouldn't shock me if WWE offered waaaaay more money to pull off a cameo. It's beneficial publicity for them too because I'd wager most WWE fans haven't heard of Stardom.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If the WWE wanted to get into a bidding war for the best women's wrestler in the last 15 years, there's not much Rossi can do to stop them. STARDOM might have a lot of money, but they don't have the kind of money to compete if WWE really wanted to give her a top level contract. She's easily one of the top 20 wrestlers in the world right now, men or women.

She and Meiko are absolutely the two best female wrestlers in probably the last 15-20 years by miles. Shirai has a pretty flashy style, but she's very crisp in her offense. The only advantages that I'd say Asuka would have on her is better English and in-ring charisma, but Io is a much better wrestler. With Hojo coming in it's just weird to imagine the WWE with multiple Japanese female wrestlers that are all very unique in their styles and looks that are taken seriously.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

STARDOM might have a lot of money

That's funny...

Seriously, nobody in Joshi has any money.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll take any excuse I can to post Io Shirai gifs in this thread

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

super macho dude posted:

I can see that as also least likely to actually happen, considering she's Stardoms ace but who knows stranger things have happened, maybe Stardom will let her travel to the states for a WWE tournament she wouldn't win in with the added threat of possible injury for just coming in for a cup of coffee.

The question is, if Io and Hojo are free to leave for the WWE anytime, as seems to be the case, do Stardom contracts even cover anything but other Japanese companies?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/riddickMoss/status/839914295114682368 https://twitter.com/HideoItami/status/839939233838170114 https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/840733220547264512

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
I just love how people who use to hype up Ember Moon have now turned on her even though she's the best women's wrestler in NXT today. They claim she's not over, yet people pop for her every time she comes out. When NXT was in Australia the crowds exploded for her when she came out. Another funny thing is when people claim they don't know what she's suppose to be or that she doesn't fit her look. I guess people havenmissed when she's explained that she's all about mystery.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

I just love how people who use to hype up Ember Moon have now turned on her even though she's the best women's wrestler in NXT today. They claim she's not over, yet people pop for her every time she comes out. When NXT was in Australia the crowds exploded for her when she came out. Another funny thing is when people claim they don't know what she's suppose to be or that she doesn't fit her look. I guess people havenmissed when she's explained that she's all about mystery.

Who are these people?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rouqe who are these mean IWC ghosts that plague you day in and day out

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm not a huge fan of the name/gimmick, but I am absolutely hyped for her and Asuka to kick the hell out of each other.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Im into Ember Moon and her matches, and I get Buff Bagwell PTSD every time she does her finish

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roque11 posted:

Did you get bored making GBS threads up the ROH thread and decided to poo poo up the NXT thread now?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Who are these people?

me.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Eltoasto posted:

I must have missed Evie being signed, sweet!

I saw Evie at an MCW show last night. She'll be competing for a cup next month that Peyton Royce won just before she was signed by WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So what IS the deal with airplane peanuts?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roque11 posted:

I guess people havenmissed when she's explained that she's all about mystery.

like sherlock holmes?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/840751109228658688

Hmm, I don't know, this guy looks somewhat familiar, though my mind keeps drifting on what his name was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nnnnngh.... love obvious masked gimmicks to get around loser leaves town stips, but it's Samson.... So conflicted....

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did he lose a loser leaves match at some point? What's the deal with being masked now?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Did he lose a loser leaves match at some point? What's the deal with being masked now?

The Florida shows follow real time continuity. He lost a loser leaves match in a match that hasn't aired yet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Roque11 posted:

It's the same slow march of denial with everyone struggling against the reality that WWE is bad at handling talent because it homogenizes styles, tones down exciting movesets, dumbs down characters, writes and books talented people terribly, and only gets people over by accident. Yet they hope their indie and international favorites to come in too, and then wonder why they're all suddenly boring. It couldn't possibly be the $1.5 billion company with incredible production values though, no. It must be that the wrestler Was Always Bad™.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i hope kairi hojo and kassius ohno form a stable based on doing cool elbow poo poo.

face stable to face sanity with an entirely elbow based offense. are there any prospects with cool elbow moves to join hojohno?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

sticklefifer posted:

It's the same slow march of denial with everyone struggling against the reality that WWE is bad at handling talent because it homogenizes styles, tones down exciting movesets, dumbs down characters, writes and books talented people terribly, and only gets people over by accident. Yet they hope their indie and international favorites to come in too, and then wonder why they're all suddenly boring. It couldn't possibly be the $1.5 billion company with incredible production values though, no. It must be that the wrestler Was Always Bad™.
The concept of "dumbing down" is a fuckin ridiculous thing to float in any context but it is especially stupid when used in the context of professional wrestling

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Or maybe it's also possible that some people have a loving hard-on for voicing their displeasure for something just because it's WWE.*

*Offer not valid for 95% of Raw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I wonder if we'll ever see the Uhaa Combination ever again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When's his contract up? Probably the week after that

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

shiksa posted:

i hope kairi hojo and kassius ohno form a stable based on doing cool elbow poo poo.

face stable to face sanity with an entirely elbow based offense. are there any prospects with cool elbow moves to join hojohno?

Tommy End, yo. The 4th is still a question.

I do wonder where they're going with Tye Dillinger, especially considering he's too old to really be a guy to build up in development. Why he's been built up at the expensive of Roderick Strong I don't understand.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wazzu posted:

Why he's been built up at the expensive of Roderick Strong I don't understand.

Probably because the Perfect 10 is good and the weird indie man is bad, imo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Or maybe it's also possible that some people have a loving hard-on for voicing their displeasure for something just because it's WWE.*

*Offer not valid for 95% of Raw

So what youre saying is PSP was always bad?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wazzu posted:

Tommy End, yo. The 4th is still a question.

I do wonder where they're going with Tye Dillinger, especially considering he's too old to really be a guy to build up in development. Why he's been built up at the expensive of Roderick Strong I don't understand.

It may have something to do with Tye Dilinger being more entertaining than Roderick Strong. This is probably booking, but Roddy has done literally nothign to make me give a single poo poo about him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Strong's a great example of "Hey here's this guy some of you know from the indies! Okay bye!"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Strong's a great example of "Hey here's this guy some of you know from the indies! Okay bye!"

Yeah, considering I don't watch any promotions he was in, I have no idea what his deal is beyond "generic man is good at wrestling I guess"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He's a great wrestler but he excels at being a total dickhead heel, so of course he's a babyface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roderick Strong: hes like Sami Zayn or Austin Aries except without, you know, the positive qualities. But he was in TNA so ypu have to cheer him! NXT!

• Locked thread