Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UmOk posted:

I don't watch. I check in on thread to see which of these pieces of poo poo are dead.

I'm waiting for Morgan to eat it because his pacifist crusade is possibly the stupidest stance to take in murder cannibal apocalypse.

unfortunately I think the writers want to use him as a drama generator so he can triple and quadruple down on being a pacifist while everyone else around him gets murdered. I guess they are building up to some kind of badass moment where he goes terminator on some saviors or something but the ride is not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Space Crabs posted:

I'm waiting for Morgan to eat it because his pacifist crusade is possibly the stupidest stance to take in murder cannibal apocalypse.

unfortunately I think the writers want to use him as a drama generator so he can triple and quadruple down on being a pacifist while everyone else around him gets murdered. I guess they are building up to some kind of badass moment where he goes terminator on some saviors or something but the ride is not worth it.

He annoys me because he started out as a very interesting character. I admit I'm biased because I loved him in Jericho but what they did with him after the first season was just terrible. His death will definitely not be something I'll be upset about. Even if he redeems himself it still won't make up for the awful really long episode where he learns kungfu or whatever and the idiotic things he did with the wolves.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The trash people are the worst part of this drawn-out Neegan drama. I'm sick of these saviours. Did it drag on this much in the comics? Why are they so intent on following them?

What's everyone's favourite arcs?

I'd go with the Prison Flu and Terminus arcs.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

All I really care about at this point is Eugene, show should dump the rest.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
The last episode should just be a single 45 min shot of an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine composed of high school physics experiments that systematically kills every Savior while Eugene watches on from a lawn chair while eating pickles. Meanwhile Rick is somewhere. Or not.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The last episode should be the characters finding Robert Kirkman and asking why he made them so lovely.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Andrew_1985 posted:

The trash people are the worst part of this drawn-out Neegan drama. I'm sick of these saviours. Did it drag on this much in the comics? Why are they so intent on following them?

What's everyone's favourite arcs?

From looking it up, Negan took out Glenn in issue 100 (though I think they showed up a few issues prior), war prep went until 114, the war lasted 12 issues.

I guess that we can expect the war to wrap up in season nine, with lots and lots of dragging.

I'd say best arcs are definitely Hershel vs the Flu, and IDK if it counts as an arc, but Shane and Otis trying to get the medical supplies in S2 was great; a high point in an otherwise bogged down season.

Space Crabs posted:

My money is still on something causing him to snap and go back to murderlicious trap-king Morgan. I mean, he killed the guy last season to save Carol, so he could just be ready to snap back to old habits

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 11, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Negan's policy of not killing/capturing attempted assassins seems ill-advised.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The prison flu was very uninteresting. Honestly the last compelling "arc" has been going to the CDC to try and do something about what the world is instead of accepting it and permanently dealing with comic book supervillains instead. There have been interesting parts since then but they never pan out in a satisfying way.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Negan's policy of not killing/capturing attempted assassins seems ill-advised.

It is pretty weird that he lets multiple assassins go and only killed two of rick's people for losing like 40 dudes but then throws an irreplaceable doctor into a furnace because he found a note in his room.

I demand more consistency in my murder cannibal apocalypse warlords.

Either that or a canon explanation that the zombie infection causes lowered brain function and increased healing in living hosts, which is why the giant pack of retards in the show stumble through grievous injuries they should have avoided with little to no problem.

That entire bit with Rick on the Ferris wheel seems like he should have been drunk or special needs.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 11, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

yeah I eat rear end posted:

i hate this show but have watched it religiously for ten years

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

First time back in this thread and just had to say I really liked the first couple episodes after the break, but holy hell the last two are season two quality especially the Eugene episode.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mammal Sauce posted:

but holy hell the last two are season two quality

turns out the guns were in the barn church all along

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pretty much. I mean, I've seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 3 times, solely by my own will. I hate it a lot. Hating something isn't going to stop me from watching something, repeatedly.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mammal Sauce posted:

First time back in this thread and just had to say I really liked the first couple episodes after the break, but holy hell the last two are season two quality especially the Eugene episode.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree and say that the Eugene episode was the only good episode this half-season. And by "good" I mean "lovely in an entertaining way".

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nah the Eugene episode was legit funny.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I liked his stories about going on a brotastic motorcycle camping adventure and then failing after 1 night, more than his reviews of the show. Go back to being gone, MS.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Eugenisode was great. Every scene with the Garbage People is garbage and they bring down every episode they're in.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lycus posted:

Every scene with the Garbage People is garbage and they bring down every episode they're in.
TWD S7 - Garbage people make garbage show, set in garbage land

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I liked Dwight's "and I'm taking some goddamned lollipops" action when he angrily grabbed a handful and stormed out the doctor's office

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I just started reading the comics and the writing was so awful but I thought it was being redeemed enough by Moore's art (which I thought was actually really cool) that it would be worth reading through, then they switch to some other dude in the 7th issue and welp

I'm no longer reading the comics

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

d0s posted:

I just started reading the comics and the writing was so awful but I thought it was being redeemed enough by Moore's art (which I thought was actually really cool) that it would be worth reading through, then they switch to some other dude in the 7th issue and welp

Yeah I dunno what was going on with that art, but it does get more interesting once you got through Herschel's farm - and it doesn't take any time at all to leave the farm compared to how long they hung out in the show.

I stopped at like 140-something iirc, and I think it's up to 170-something now.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Andrew_1985 posted:

I feel like Walking Dead works much better as a binge show. If you watch five or six episodes in a row it never feels like it drags and for me and other people who have caught up later on the feel of the show is really different.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

d0s posted:

wait, why did they shoot the midget

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

He was impersonating Coral and trying to take his place in the group.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Trash people have been fullfilled, how will there still be filler left to do?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Here's to another hour of bad dialogue and even worse CGI.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Carol can't sleep because she is haunted by all the people she murdered

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
drat these zombies are fragile.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Carol can't sleep because she is haunted by all the people she hasn't yet murdered

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Carol figured out it's all bullshit. Carol going to war.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Now that she realized Darryl lied to her, I would say this is the more correct statement :v:

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 13, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if they get her off her funk and back to stone cold zombie and bad guy murdering machine, Carol can easily become my 2nd favorite character.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Random Kingdom-dweller would like to give some exposition but the loving tiger is right there holy poo poo :catstare:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

OKAY I THINK I JUST PISSED MYSELF

e: Jerry is such an actual fuckin bright spot on this show I'll be more upset when he dies than any of the main characters

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 13, 2017

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Jerry >>>>>

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Did he tell Morgan that he can't be a crazy man running around in the woods making spears and bonfires and screaming full of rage?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jerry is secretly my favorite character that is used just the right amount so he doesn't become annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This guy is faking all of this, right?