Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Thoguh posted:

America looked at her resume, considered her interview, and elected Donald Trump instead.

:lol: this is true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Hillary Clinton lost to a guy who literally tells children that he's going to gently caress them and bought a modeling show for underaged children so he could walk into their dressing rooms and see them naked.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mugrim posted:

Even beyond that, if "qualified" means relevant experience, she's not even the most qualified in 50 years.

I wonder if the 'most qualified candidate ever' line was a dig at 1 term Senator Barack Obama eight years later

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

I bet if Hillary used D-12's "FIGHTING MUSIC" instead of "FIGHT SONG" she would have won.

I bet if she used any other series of noises in or outside the human spectrum of hearing she would have won.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

gobbagool posted:

that was the worst bit of political word salad I've ever seen. I mean, she would have been better off just saying "yeah, sure, I'd lie, have and will in fact" then people could say she was at least being honest in that one instance

That's what Bill would have done.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That's what Bill would have done.

Bill and all his advice got thrown into the corner and ignored early in the Hillary campaign.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Brother Friendship posted:

Hillary Clinton lost to a guy who literally tells children that he's going to gently caress them and bought a modeling show for underaged children so he could walk into their dressing rooms and see them naked.

That's just Donald though. He's just that way, you know. He's so... heh, heh... he's so bad!

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Fabricated posted:

I started having this deep existential dread during the campaign the instant I heard "America is already great"

you couldn't pick a worse narrative

Make America the Most Great!

BexGu posted:

Bill and all his advice got thrown into the corner and ignored early in the Hillary campaign.

he's not the immaculate political jesus that some dems make him out to be, but you could do far loving worse than take his advice when it comes to running a successful political campaign.

it's funny because it's pretty obvious the HRC campaign apparatus thought "no we can't use Bill he's got way too much 90's drama packaged with him and there's a bunch of old scandals that people will just harp over again and again" and then thought "but hilldawg doesn't have any of that baggage plus she's a woman so we're guaranteed to win 51% of the electorate :downs:"

I know a lot of people were surprised that something like 51% of women voted for tangerine pissbaby, but not me. if you were alive and had a mother in the 90's, she either loved HRC for being an outspoken feminist, or fuckin' hated HRC's guts with the burning fury of 1000000 suns because she made remarks that could be considered condescending to stay-at-home moms. my mom was in the latter camp, and after remembering the 8 years of hearing my mom rant about how HRC was actually Satan, I wagered that HRC would actually have a very uphill battle with women older than 40 who weren't also fabulously wealthy.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

it's funny because it's pretty obvious the HRC campaign apparatus thought "no we can't use Bill he's got way too much 90's drama packaged with him and there's a bunch of old scandals that people will just harp over again and again" and then thought "but hilldawg doesn't have any of that baggage plus she's a woman so we're guaranteed to win 51% of the electorate :downs:"

I know a lot of people were surprised that something like 51% of women voted for tangerine pissbaby, but not me. if you were alive and had a mother in the 90's, she either loved HRC for being an outspoken feminist, or fuckin' hated HRC's guts with the burning fury of 1000000 suns because she made remarks that could be considered condescending to stay-at-home moms. my mom was in the latter camp, and after remembering the 8 years of hearing my mom rant about how HRC was actually Satan, I wagered that HRC would actually have a very uphill battle with women older than 40 who weren't also fabulously wealthy.

Another sad victim of 20 years of right wing propaganda. Hillary never said those things and had no baggage whatsoever. She is as pure and pristine as freshly fallen snow, and you are literal Alex Jones if you suggest otherwise. The Republicans grew a Hillary clone in a secret bunker and used the clone to say all the things everyone remembers Hillary saying that gave them pause

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*stares into mirror*

I'm lookin' good!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

*stares into mirror*

I'm lookin' good!

The orange man is the brains of our nation, and the fuchsia man is our soul.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Not a Step posted:

I wonder if the 'most qualified candidate ever' line was a dig at 1 term Senator Barack Obama eight years later

Obama said it himself so I doubt he saw it that way.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

*stares into mirror*

I'm lookin' good!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I just heard Fight Song play over the pa at Walmart.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

I just heard Fight Song play over the pa at Walmart.

Walmart continues campaign to torture workers.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Homeless Friend posted:

Walmart continues campaign to torture workers.

I wonder if they play that song all the time at Walmarts. I'm sure they do.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Montasque posted:

I wonder if they play that song all the time at Walmarts. I'm sure they do.

Target was like that and used top hits. Lets get it started

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
I'm still befuddled about why she thought keeping that foundation open was a good idea despite the obvious signs it would be a scandal factory

I don't think she was very cautious at all, she was just inept and completely out of touch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LinYutang posted:

I'm still befuddled about why she thought keeping that foundation open was a good idea despite the obvious signs it would be a scandal factory

I don't think she was very cautious at all, she was just inept and completely out of touch

the foundation wasnt the problem and closing it would have looked like an admission that it was

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i mean, she took millions in cash, personally, from banks, for extremely short and meaningless speaking engagements. oh, and in those otherwise meaningless engagements she managed to make damning statements about her eagerness to lie to the american public

her charity was not the loving problem

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Vox Nihili posted:

i mean, she took millions in cash, personally, from banks, for extremely short and meaningless speaking engagements. oh, and in those otherwise meaningless engagements she managed to make damning statements about her eagerness to lie to the american public

are we sure about that? making her charity crooked is just the kind of thing hillary clinton would do to trip up hillary clinton's presidential ambitions

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

i'm getting sick of people impugning hillary's integrity. 9/11!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDtr11Ev-0

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Is this the bitching about Hillary Clinton thread

Good to see the republican smear campaign alive and well on the left

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hillary is only unlikeable in polling because of decades of rightswing smear campaigns against the clintons

in reality she has no flaw

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/irl/status/839483097167048704

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's fun seeing this filter through every dem related thread lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Have you checked her website?!?!?!

Vox Nihili posted:

It was president Lincoln fault.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yes the house of saud giving giant donations to the foundation before and after receiving favorable deals from the US while hrc was SOS does not even rise to the appearance of impropriety

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
what did her foundation actually do? what was it for?

i just realized i havent the slightest clue and maybe thats part of the problem it had

likr much of clintons stuff its hard to believe theres any actual substance behind it.

Maybe that was her campaign message.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it doesn't matter if it was doing anything bad or good. the appearance of quid pro quo in itself even to a good charity is bad.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the common defense of democrats and its sycophants to getting giant bags of money from wall street is that there is no quid pro quo and that the money doesn't influence: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/bank-reform-barney-frank-wall-street-213412

it doesn't matter if the democrats were somehow saints and were never influenced by the donations and never gave favorable treatment to wall street. the incredible appearance of impropriety undermines trust in the party, the government, and its officials.

it doesn't help that the democrats also did give incredibly favorable treatment to wall street, but that's a separate point.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

i just realized i havent the slightest clue and maybe thats part of the problem it had

likr much of clintons stuff its hard to believe theres any actual substance behind it.

she didn't even abide by the promise to Obama when he appointed her as SoS--that all donations to the foundation would be disclosed.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

comedyblissoption posted:

the common defense of democrats and its sycophants to getting giant bags of money from wall street is that there is no quid pro quo and that the money doesn't influence: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/12/bank-reform-barney-frank-wall-street-213412

it doesn't matter if the democrats were somehow saints and were never influenced by the donations and never gave favorable treatment to wall street. the incredible appearance of impropriety undermines trust in the party, the government, and its officials.

it doesn't help that the democrats also did give incredibly favorable treatment to wall street, but that's a separate point.

well you see Unions are also a big money interest just like the Koch Brothers.

Politicians shouldn't have principles or values - they are just whores who perform for money and votes.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

GlyphGryph posted:

quote:

“The Clinton Foundation made it possible for 11 million people around the world with HIV/AIDS to get treatment,” Clinton said, noting that this total accounts for about half of all people receiving such treatment.

The Clinton Foundation does a lot of good work. Its AIDS initiative, in particular, has done a great deal to atone for former President Bill Clinton’s efforts to suppress the availability of low-cost generic HIV treatments during his presidency. It also gets good marks from charity watchdogs that monitor how much of a nonprofit’s donations go to actual charitable activities, rather than internal spending on staff salaries and office space.

But the Clinton Foundation isn’t an ordinary charity. Both Hillary and Bill Clinton have been paid personally to give speeches by donors and networks that have also donated to the foundation. These separate payments to the Clintons’ personal accounts don’t count as salaries under the foundation’s structure.

Hillary Clinton has personally received hundreds of thousands of dollars to speak at Goldman Sachs, a firm that has also donated millions to the foundation. In 2015, The New York Times reported that Russian government interests seeking to secure control over American uranium mines made over $2 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation, and an investment bank with links to the Kremlin paid Bill Clinton $500,000 for a speech. This happened while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, one of many agencies that needed to sign off on the acquisition of U.S. uranium by the Russian-controlled entity. The Russians would eventually ink the deal, acquiring 20 percent of the unmined U.S. uranium stock.

These payments to the foundation, and other donations from the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, may have been motivated by the pure-hearted desires of donors eager to see their dollars deployed in the most efficient humanitarian means possible. But there is a long tradition of anti-corruption thought in American politics which holds that when a donation creates the appearance of corruption, it’s a problem ― even if nobody can prove that a specific contribution led to a specific policy change.

This tradition was fully gutted by the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision, which defines corruption as an explicit quid pro quo exchange of cash for votes. Clinton has pledged to overturn this decision, even as, at times, she has embraced its logic to defend her career.

But the Clinton Foundation does at least do actual charitable things with its funds. The Trump Foundation, which has run into a series of legal problems of late, once spent $20,000 on a portrait of its namesake. Clinton didn’t neglect that fact on Wednesday night.

:aaaaa: hillary was a putin plant too! no wonder she took a dive against a fascist clown

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Big Fat Iguana posted:

it's okay to smear the clintons as much as we want now because they're now in the past

they'd better be loving in the past

imma be so pissed if she actually runs in 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Remember when that GOP activist took out a sign saying "I'm not a super predator" during a Clinton fundraiser and all her supporters literally started hissing like a den of agitated vipers?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mc Do Well posted:

ftr I'm pretty sure I died for a few seconds the first time I saw this line being trotted out on these very forums.

like holy poo poo lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mc Do Well posted:

Politicians shouldn't have principles or values - they are just whores who perform for money and votes.

The one disagreement I have with Joementum is he thinks we can't reform campaign finance because it would mean unions wouldn't be able to donate either. But all the other interests donate more than unions already so they would be losing less, not to mention it would free up money that unions are forced to spend on campaigns basically just to exist so they could do more for their members and take the message directly to the public.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Bill deregulated banking, destroyed welfare, wanted to privatize social security, made fun of people trying to do something about police brutality

Hillary lost to trump

Just leave the clintons behind man, they've hosed over the left incredibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite narrative of the election was how dems were saying that it's ok that Clinton took money from banks because money doesn't give you any influence anyway.

• Locked thread