Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

The Walmart near my work has 30 pro controllers in stock and they've been there since launch :stare:

Time to stop by

Ugh send me one. I'm convinced I'll see a console in the store before I see a pro controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would like to play more Blaster Master Zero and Fast RMX and Specter Knight but I can't pull myself away from the legend of Zeldrox.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

parallelodad posted:

I would like to play more Blaster Master Zero and Fast RMX and Specter Knight but I can't pull myself away from the legend of Zeldrox.

What a time to be alive.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I don't want a pro controller I like the joycons

I might reconsider for Splatoon but probably not

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Ehud posted:

This screen protector is really good:

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempe...creen+protector

Comes with everything you need to get the screen nice and clean, goes on easy. I have one bubble in the top left corner where the bezel is. Doesn't affect the screen itself and I'll wait and see if it comes out over night.

Anyways, I recommend that kit. It's really nice quality. Now I don't have to be paranoid about the dock scratching my Switch yay.

Yeah, I also have this screen protector and it's good. I had an issue putting the first one on but the second one nailed it. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer will send a replacement for the one I hosed up on, too.

EDIT: Just watch out for cracking them. My brother texted me earlier and told me how he accidentally dropped the package and the two screen protectors cracked.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah, that's the one to get.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Macintosh HD posted:

Yeah, I also have this screen protector and it's good. I had an issue putting the first one on but the second one nailed it. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer will send a replacement for the one I hosed up on, too.

EDIT: Just watch out for cracking them. My brother texted me earlier and told me how he accidentally dropped the package and the two screen protectors cracked.

YMMV of course but the package specifically states they have a lifetime warranty. They will do one free replacement if it ever breaks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mahoning posted:

They should've called this game The Legend of Zelda: Side Tracked

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Leading Way Off the Fucken Path

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

YMMV of course but the package specifically states they have a lifetime warranty. They will do one free replacement if it ever breaks.

I don't have experience with that particular brand but shipping on the "free replacement" is almost always the same or more expensive as buying a new one. So I would just treat them as disposable.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's like no games for this system scheduled to come out non Nintendo. not even third party ports. Sad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just got my tenth shield slot so it's time to play Zelda's Pro Snowboarding

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Dr Cheeto posted:

I just got my tenth shield slot so it's time to play Zelda's Pro Snowboarding

Yeah, that's why I haven't been riding the shields yet. Slots. Always slots.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I have those cool little joycon grips that make them into little controllers and now I really want to get a second pair of joycons so I don't have to constantly take them out. I am also kinda mad that you cant use single joycons to play Blaster Master, maybe when they do the Pro Controller support? You only need ZL/ZR for wall jumps, so just map SL/SR to that as well and all of the other buttons map out I think (face buttons and analog stick).

edit: dammit, Amazon had the neon joycons in stock yesterday... should have just bought them then. Why do I wait on anything? Just go with the impulse!

Empress Brosephine posted:

There's like no games for this system scheduled to come out non Nintendo. not even third party ports. Sad.

The indie games are non Nintendo

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 11, 2017

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yahaha!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Man, Switch charges sales tax on digital games (Canada)? That sucks. PSN doesn't.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Man, Switch charges sales tax on digital games (Canada)? That sucks. PSN doesn't.

Yeah it sucks. I just set my region to Alberta and get the lowest tax charge. Kind of sucks that PSN doesn't charge sales tax and eShop does but I've come to expect it from Nintendo.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

RZA Encryption posted:

Ugh send me one. I'm convinced I'll see a console in the store before I see a pro controller.

PM me, I may just be able to do that, need to see how accurate the Brickseek number is. They showed a store with 21 Switches in stock, went by there was only 1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you're going off brickseek and you haven't actually gone to the store, then they aren't there. Brickseek seems to just say how many were sent to each store. I drove around based on brickseek info to find a pro controller and they were all sold out.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

PM me, I may just be able to do that, need to see how accurate the Brickseek number is. They showed a store with 21 Switches in stock, went by there was only 1.

That's very kind of you, but I'm not actually in a rush I guess. I don't have any connectivity problems and the joycon grip is fine. I'll just grab one when I see one IRL. (never, probably)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Cojawfee posted:

If you're going off brickseek and you haven't actually gone to the store, then they aren't there. Brickseek seems to just say how many were sent to each store. I drove around based on brickseek info to find a pro controller and they were all sold out.

It's been hit or miss. The store with 21 on Brickseek had 1 available. There was another that showed 2, had 2 but they were both preorders that hadn't been picked up yet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

PSN is changing that, actually.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

jisforjosh posted:

It's been hit or miss. The store with 21 on Brickseek had 1 available. There was another that showed 2, had 2 but they were both preorders that hadn't been picked up yet.

Since it's Walmart, just check their web site and see if it shows it's available for same-day pickup at that store. For some reason, the Walmart closest to me got 7 pro controllers a few days after release, none of the others had it in stock. I was able to order it online and pick it up that evening.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TFRazorsaw posted:

PSN is changing that, actually.

Oh yay, can't wait for $90 games.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My amFilm screen protector came and it has to be the best tempered glass screen protector installation I've had. Use the steamy bathroom method. This is the first dry screen protector install I've done that ended up dust and air bubble free.

It feels great. It's nice and slick like glass should feel. The glass screen protector I installed on my wife's phone felt more like plastic. I even installed it slightly off at first. The top left corner was slightly too high, so it was slightly raised and was basically a long air bubble. I was able to carefully remove the entire thing and put it back on. Still no dust and absolutely zero air bubbles. Every other time I've tried lifting one off a phone, I got spider web fractures where I lifted. Not here! I have a perfect install and a spare if I ever need it. I don't do a lot of Amazon reviews, but I will on this thing.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Drove 45 minutes to buy a switch, drove 15 more minutes to get Zelda, then drove an hour and 15 minutes to get a pro controller, then drove 15 minutes to back home.

Then I played Zelda for 4 hours and its all worth it. :pcgaming:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

nerox posted:

Drove 45 minutes to buy a switch, drove 15 more minutes to get Zelda, then drove an hour and 15 minutes to get a pro controller, then drove 15 minutes to back home.

Played some of that Zelda today too, op. It's a fairly good game I think:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

nerox posted:

Hell yeah

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Policenaut posted:

Yeah it sucks. I just set my region to Alberta and get the lowest tax charge. Kind of sucks that PSN doesn't charge sales tax and eShop does but I've come to expect it from Nintendo.

I wonder if they're lining their pockets with the difference, or if they're mistakenly paying the federal and provincial taxes for all their digital sales.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guys stop going to Fry's and buying up all the HORI cases. Thanks!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
another thumbs up on the amfilm glass protector from me. its really good

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Infinitum posted:

A video I cannot watch because I am not in Trumpland

Change the 'tube' part of the url to 'pak' in the full url not the abbreviated mobile one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking like I need to send my Switch in for repairs.

I can't properly play Zelda I get an error and and forced to shut down the system every time there is a cutscene. (Sometimes it gets through so I have been able to make progress in the game.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 12, 2017

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jisforjosh posted:

Hello fellow joshua

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Was wondering if anyone knows whether you can play Mario kart 8 with a single joycon? I ask because i am trying to justify purchasing the neon joycon pack on the basis that i will need more joycons for 4 player Mario kart. But really I am just jealous of the neon switch and want my own delightfully garish console!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

People looking for a case: store.nintendo.com has a few. Both a Zelda starter kit and this: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat831448

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

nerd_of_prey posted:

Was wondering if anyone knows whether you can play Mario kart 8 with a single joycon? I ask because i am trying to justify purchasing the neon joycon pack on the basis that i will need more joycons for 4 player Mario kart. But really I am just jealous of the neon switch and want my own delightfully garish console!

They showed in the MK8D trailer doing table top mode with 2 people with a joycon each so yes.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

nerox posted:

It seems fitting to go driving around for long periods of time to get the necessities for a game whose main point is to wander around for long periods of time.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Housh posted:

Hey guys stop going to Fry's and buying up all the HORI cases. Thanks!

This case is really good: https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...switch+traveler

Amazon says 1-2 months but I found it at Walmart this afternoon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Macintosh HD posted:

This case is really good: https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...switch+traveler

Amazon says 1-2 months but I found it at Walmart this afternoon.

This case is perfect for everything except extra space and that dumb logo. It's a huge case but you can't fit anything extra inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Voez is really great and any anyone who likes music/rhythm games would be silly not to pick it up.

• Locked thread