Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5JPYol3F0

IGN, the site that has posted all those heavily sponsored [FIRST] videos, says "game is extremely buggy, hard to play because of them"

It was also a pre-release build and by that point there was a month to buff out those bugs, and maybe make Day-One patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

With five years for development I am a bit mystified as to why the game is looking so janky this far along in the process. If it was their first Frostbite game I could see it, but with DA: I already under their belt I'd have thought they'd be more accustomed to working with the engine.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's not a mystery... they're just not very good. But... they're the only ones doing goofy space opera poo poo, plus krogan, plus rad as gently caress guns... so wutevs.

Some people wanna get all angsty and carepost about that poo poo, some people are fun-havers. Together, we build a community.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Skippy McPants posted:

With five years for development I am a bit mystified as to why the game is looking so janky this far along in the process. If it was their first Frostbite game I could see it, but with DA: I already under their belt I'd have thought they'd be more accustomed to working with the engine.

Andromeda has totally lacked focus from day one so it's not surprising to see it manifest in every aspect of its production.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The gun-backwards thing is a fairly tiny (and hilarious) bug. It's telling that the criticism of the shown footage has pretty much devolved to that.
Also, all of the demos/ people playing the MP at PAX seem to point to performance being fine. The performance definitely was janky at that press event, but that was 100% an older build and appears not to be the case in the current build

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Got hype over and andromeda so started a new play through of 3. I now realize how much better the game would of been if Anderson let you fall to your death and it was just the multiplayer game.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hot take: The game will be broken at launch and the history will be bad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

jfood posted:

You've never finished the only good AC game? That's loving shameful and it had the only good collection 'quest' in the history of collection 'quests'.

I hated the ship missions in ac3 and thought a pirate game would have lots more of that but apparently it doesn't???

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hot take: The game will be broken at launch and the history will be bad.
hot take: it won't matter because it's a video game, who gives a poo poo. buy it and play it or don't. having strong feelings about it is something to be legtimately ashamed of.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

cams posted:

hot take: it won't matter because it's a video game, who gives a poo poo. buy it and play it or don't. having strong feelings about it is something to be legtimately ashamed of.

Why are you posting a videogames forum if you don't want to have opinions about them?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

You're right. The many hard locks, blue screens and missing textures in the release version of Boiling Point: Road to Hell didn't stop it being a great game.

It also didn't stop it being a buggy as poo poo game months after release mind you.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

yeah we should totally buy broken products

cams
Mar 28, 2003

instantrunoffvote posted:

Why are you posting a videogames forum if you don't want to have opinions about them?
information and shared experiences. the podcast bit about the game being buggy as gently caress is informative. i'm still gonna buy it though.

DancingShade posted:

You're right. The many hard locks, blue screens and missing textures in the release version of Boiling Point: Road to Hell didn't stop it being a great game.

It also didn't stop it being a buggy as poo poo game months after release mind you.
yeah it's a video game who cares. if you bought it, that sucks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah we should totally buy broken products
lol if you don't want to buy the game then don't buy it

i literally do not understand people who complain about video games on the internet as a hobby

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also I don't know how we've jumped from animation problems to the game being incredibly broken.
The livestream wasn't broken, the MP people are playing right now isn't broken.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/10/pax-east-2017-mass-effect-andromeda-multiplayer-preview?read
By the same IGN reviewer who people are quoting.

quote:

Every single facet of the multiplayer looked great (especially since we were playing in 4K) and ran smoothly, too, which was comforting considering how buggy Andromeda’s single player was when I tried it out a few weeks ago.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 11, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

lol if you don't want to buy the game then don't buy it

i literally do not understand people who complain about video games on the internet as a hobby

I really dont understand the guys complaining about opinions. Nobody cares what you think someone should think

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 12, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there any over game out there that gives the same scifi space opera feel like ME does?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

KOTOR?

Mass Effect is basically "oh we can't use the Star Wars IP anymore? Well gently caress you!" the game.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frajaq posted:

Is there any over game out there that gives the same scifi space opera feel like ME does?

I think the next Prey? Or that game will be more terror than sci fi?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Star Wars aint scifi

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Skippy McPants posted:

its not really hard to see why when Bioware's been hemorrhaging talent and programmers to other companies or indies such as Banner Saga. EA may not let us see the current staff, but I'm sure that number's fluxed over remaining talent and what not that will maybe even take out the people that learned something from DA:I and bring in fresh faced drones with no experience on them to toil on Andromeda, a game that seems to barely have some sort of exploration focus even now, five years later and only being advertised a few weeks before release. In 10 days we'll know just how good their launch build is and if everything they're bringing to the table actually works or only detracts from what should be a simple space opera RPG with no real competition to it other than even worse failures like No Mans Whatever.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

That's 100% a space horror game. Completely different.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorGonzo posted:

I really dont understand the guys complaining about opinions. Nobody cares what you think someone should think

Peoplegoons have strong opinions and must be heard! Then they hand out red titles!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

It looks more like a System Shock-like game than a Mass Effect/Star Wars/ Space Opera

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

tooterfish posted:

KOTOR?

Mass Effect is basically "oh we can't use the Star Wars IP anymore? Well gently caress you!" the game.

I tried playing kotor for the first time last year and it hasn't aged well i don't think

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Firebert posted:

Star Wars aint scifi

It's light science fiction, but more space/ high fantasy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Firebert posted:

Star Wars aint scifi

Lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Prey lets you turn into a coffee cup.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

doingitwrong posted:

Prey lets you become anything your abilities will allow and it is the superior game. If only it wasn't Bethesda making it, I'd probably buy it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

doingitwrong posted:

But I hate coffee. :11tea:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crabtree posted:

Prey lets you become anything your abilities will allow and it is the superior game. If only it wasn't Bethesda making it, I'd probably buy it.

Bethesda is the publisher. Arkane, I believe, are the ones making it. The Dishonored guys.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Crabtree posted:

Bethesda is the publisher, not the developer.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

doingitwrong posted:

The coffee cup will be better animated than pellesaria b'sayed

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

frajaq posted:

The Star Ocean games should. No idea how they keep loving that up.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

Star Wars aint scifi
Sorry. I won't sully the thread about that game where you gently caress the blue space aliens that all look like 18 year old girls with massive tits with fantasy rubbish ever again.

From now on, I'll only talk about the works of Arthur C. Clarke and Stanislaw Lem. In a serious voice. While smoking a pipe.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

tooterfish posted:

Sorry. I won't sully the thread about that game where you gently caress the blue space aliens that all look like 18 year old girls with massive tits with fantasy rubbish ever again.

From now on, I'll only talk about the works of Arthur C. Clarke and Stanislaw Lem. In a serious voice. While smoking a pipe.

shut the gently caress up

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
you and that ironic fetish guy, jesus holy poo poo goddamn what the hell piss butt

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
serious gamers itt

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tooterfish posted:

But Samara doesnt look like a 18 years old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

save us smol ryder!