Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Looks like Bioware either took the fidelity mantra to heart with ME: Andromeda or it's very poorly optimized. A GTX 1060 will only hit 30fps at 1080p Ultra settings: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56616/gtx-1060-plays-mass-effect-andromeda-1080p-30fps/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Jared got a hot dog

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

"With the new netcode mode that allows segments of hundreds to thousands of players in an instance"

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

They need to implement the "game exists" slider, and slide it from "No" to "Yes" first. It is a major blocker.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Jared got a hot dog

Just remember, if you see him go to the toilets, follow him in and check his cubicle for pubes after he leaves. We need confirmation on his deep cover status.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jared got a hot dog

He would get a hot dog. smh

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just go talk to Jared instead of being creepy and following him around

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
That thread is incredible.

What happened in that AtV that citizens are suddenly getting "honest" after all this time? :allears:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7571700/#Comment_7571700

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just go talk to Jared instead of being creepy and following him around

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Avoid the man unless he comes asking you for spare change

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This is an off topic, but uh, slightly funny link from another thread. How many of these shy boys do you think are SC backers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8EAwRauoM

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

That thread is incredible.

What happened in that AtV that citizens are suddenly getting "honest" after all this time? :allears:

I think they confirmed that the PvP slider was bullshit

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Open development

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

Open development

It's happened! Here's the entire leak detailing all the progress they've made:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Chalks posted:

It's happened! Here's the entire leak detailing all the progress they've made:

dammit I already vince'd a post on this page :negative:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Nmn8EQ46E&t=20s

:roflolmao:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Funniest thing for me about the serialised variable bollocks is that it was a loving stretch goal.

Any competent devs would know that they would basically need to implement some sort of serialisation in an online game, so it shouldn't even be a separate thing, let alone a stretch goal that people have pledged money specifically for.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

GazChap posted:

Funniest thing for me about the serialised variable bollocks is that it was a loving stretch goal.

Any competent devs would know that they would basically need to implement some sort of serialisation in an online game, so it shouldn't even be a separate thing, let alone a stretch goal that people have pledged money specifically for.

I think they also use "stretch goal" to mean "it would be nice for this feature to be done for the next patch although we aren't committing to it."

It is unclear how this doesn't make the entire game a stretch goal.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You are right its a great thread

quote:

Whats happening now is systems are coming online at a feverish pace and content development has yet to catch up.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

I guess a better description is Twitter Judge Dredd, since he just snapped one day and went all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDbfCbQnH8

on Ben and his Wife's asses.

Like Ben posts some random poo poo about a wing commander manual and Samizdata appears demanding answers and accountability. When people ignore him because he is acting weird he starts going to the guys wife and hitting any tweets they make with :argh: ANSWER FOR YOUR CRIMES :argh: poo poo until the thread manages to talk him down

I like that your only real defense is that the employees you went nuts on weren't technically "random" employees.

And asking me not to be a redditor? I sarcastically joke about Star Citizen every now and then. You are the one running twitter campaigns of righteous anger and melting down talking about going to jail for assaulting Chris Roberts.

Be a little self reflective instead of super defensive buddy, it's a space video game kickstarter and we are making fun of how long it's taking and how much money they have.

You know it was Ben's little crowdfunded project, after all. So, I went to the source. When he didn't answer, I was considering asking his wife, who, you know, lives with him and all.

But I will take the Dredd reference and like it, I guess.

EDIT: Also, I wish I had an awesome British voice like Patrick Stewart.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 12, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Samizdata posted:

You know it was Ben's little crowdfunded project, after all. So, I went to the source. When he didn't answer, I was considering asking his wife, who, you know, lives with him and all.

But I will take the Dredd reference and like it, I guess.

And it's a little worrying how you can't see that that's slightly crazy. Haven't we mocked shitizens for wanting to do the same thing to Derek?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Shut the gently caress up samizdata

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Samizdata posted:

EDIT: Also, I wish I had an awesome British voice like Patrick Stewart.

No you don't because when you have a reasonably well spoken British accent (such as I) it's almost impossible to order a coffee at any vendor in the States without people bombarding you with "You're from England? Omg that's so amazing, I love your accent..etc" and it gets very annoying.

Seriously.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

No you don't because when you have a reasonably well spoken British accent (such as I) it's almost impossible to order a coffee at any vendor in the States without people bombarding you with "You're from England? Omg that's so amazing, I love your accent..etc" and it gets very annoying.

Seriously.

EDIT: Notice the parenthetical before responding!

Sorry to hear that. It's just I don't sound so magisterial in life.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 12, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Maybe he's Dick Van Dyke?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tooterfish posted:

Maybe he's Dick Van Dyke?

ALLROIGHT MERRY POPPENS?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm from Manchester

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Samizdata posted:

EDIT: Notice the parenthetical before responding!

Sorry to hear that. It's just I don't sound so magisterial in life.
Your edit spoiled my joke you prick!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

ALLROIGHT MERRY POPPENS?
Still a better accent than Guy Richie's.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

tooterfish posted:

:xd:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

ALLROIGHT MERRY POPPENS?

Well, then, glad I am a lousy USasian as I shan't have to be in the inevitable song and dance number.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Does that mean I don't get the new support carpet-bombing script then?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
His name is Truckee and he's an avalanche rescue dog in Tahoe and he's a good boy

https://gfycat.com/CourageousFreshDorking

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:siren: Star Citizen: The longer before reality steals my dream, the better. :siren:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I actually read every post on page 760 because of the DOOM soundtrack. That's a thread first for me. :unsmith:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

I actually read every post on page 760 because of the DOOM soundtrack. That's a thread first for me. :unsmith:

I need to find out where the bobblehead is in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Soooo Jared is apparently here at Pax East and standing in front of me

I can just reach out and touch his beard

Say hello. Ask him his real opinion on Star Citizen if you want.

Don't do anything creepy or weird.