Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Whoever took the necronomicon stole all of my magnum opuses :catstare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think the biggest reason that I haven't played a full game despite owning CK2 for years is there's inevitably some lovely AI fuckup that screws me over and completely takes me out of the game.

In my current game, I've been playing as the Count of Leon in Brittany at the Charlemagne start. I've been happily burbling along in my little backwater peninsula, making advantageous marriages, improving my holdings, and conquering my neighbors. There's one other independent count remaining in Brittany and he stubbornly refuses to have a claim forged on him, but whatever, I got nothing but time and he's my tributary. I decided to spice things up on my third character by having him become a Cathar, so managing that has added a nice extra layer. Incidentally, its kind of weird that my fellow Cathars still get a malus from me being excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

Meanwhile, the Ummayads have conquered all of Iberia and formed an Empire. But rather than plunging into the mess that is post-Charlemagne Francia, they decide to declare a Holy War...for Brittany. They didn't even declare it on me, the guy who owns most Brittany, but on my one province tributary which is vaguely insulting. I join his war but we've only got about 3000 dudes between us and the Muslim clown car is going to be bearing down on us with 13k. But wait! West Francia comes to our aid! They've only got about 5k guys themselves but there's another stroke of luck when the Muslims just start dribbling up the coast 1k to 5k dudes at a time. We can win this! We just have to strike out when they get close and take them down a stack at a time!

Except the AI refuses to move. All the other troops just sit in the one province that the Muslims declared on, even as much smaller enemy stacks get close. I even try to attack them myself, hoping the AI will get the message and join in but nope. I'm guessing since I'm not the warleader, I can't order them to attach to my stack so I'm forced to just helplessly watch as more and more Muslims mass on the border until they attack and inevitably overwhelm us. The other two Francian kingdoms are busy feuding, so its unlikely anyone else will join. So we're just hosed because the AI can't process the most basic function of the battle system. Its incredibly frustrating.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

1stGear posted:

I think the biggest reason that I haven't played a full game despite owning CK2 for years is there's inevitably some lovely AI fuckup that screws me over and completely takes me out of the game.

In my current game, I've been playing as the Count of Leon in Brittany at the Charlemagne start. I've been happily burbling along in my little backwater peninsula, making advantageous marriages, improving my holdings, and conquering my neighbors. There's one other independent count remaining in Brittany and he stubbornly refuses to have a claim forged on him, but whatever, I got nothing but time and he's my tributary. I decided to spice things up on my third character by having him become a Cathar, so managing that has added a nice extra layer. Incidentally, its kind of weird that my fellow Cathars still get a malus from me being excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

Meanwhile, the Ummayads have conquered all of Iberia and formed an Empire. But rather than plunging into the mess that is post-Charlemagne Francia, they decide to declare a Holy War...for Brittany. They didn't even declare it on me, the guy who owns most Brittany, but on my one province tributary which is vaguely insulting. I join his war but we've only got about 3000 dudes between us and the Muslim clown car is going to be bearing down on us with 13k. But wait! West Francia comes to our aid! They've only got about 5k guys themselves but there's another stroke of luck when the Muslims just start dribbling up the coast 1k to 5k dudes at a time. We can win this! We just have to strike out when they get close and take them down a stack at a time!

Except the AI refuses to move. All the other troops just sit in the one province that the Muslims declared on, even as much smaller enemy stacks get close. I even try to attack them myself, hoping the AI will get the message and join in but nope. I'm guessing since I'm not the warleader, I can't order them to attach to my stack so I'm forced to just helplessly watch as more and more Muslims mass on the border until they attack and inevitably overwhelm us. The other two Francian kingdoms are busy feuding, so its unlikely anyone else will join. So we're just hosed because the AI can't process the most basic function of the battle system. Its incredibly frustrating.

You need to become a satanist and kidnap the muslim dudes until they have a decadence revolt or an idiot child on the throne that destabilizes their war machine.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Azuth0667 posted:

You need to become a satanist and kidnap the muslim dudes until they have a decadence revolt or an idiot child on the throne that destabilizes their war machine.

My current dude isn't a sinner yet and he does have Kind. I like to roleplay so rampant kidnapping and sacrificing to the True Lord probably won't be happening.

He does have Arbitrary and no particular care for religion (which is why I let him convert to Catharism), so this is probably going to end in me saying "You know who's the greatest? The Greatest!" and swearing fealty to my new Muslim overlords.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Buuuh, does anyone else start getting serious lag/crashing issues about 400 years in?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Anyone got enough experience with the converter to help with some issues I'm having? Particularly, what type of vassalage translates to being integrated, instead of a vassal? The Scandanavian empire seems to have an awful lot of ex-viceroyalty states as vassals instead of integral states, even though I have centralisation, abolished council, and maxed crown authority.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Is there a mod that makes courtiers of invaded/raided provinces pregnant with bastard children of the invader's type?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

Is there a mod that makes courtiers of invaded/raided provinces pregnant with bastard children of the invader's type?

:raise:

Well, uh, that sure is a question to ask.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm trying to do a Cthulu mod to take advantage of the new M&M capabilities and I need a way to pass on the "deep one" trait. I'd like it to spread more aggressively.

Edit: I'm basically mourning the loss of That Which Sleeps but since CK2 is, like, 90% there a mod can make it close enough.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 11, 2017

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Does anyone else have a problem with the game minimizing itself and then reappearing every time you click on something while playing at a non-native resolution? It happens with Stellaris as well, but no other games.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Shbobdb posted:

:yikes:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

As far as 'horrible poo poo asked about Paradox games'... that one doesn't even rate.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Eh, it's not any worse than stealing women as a pagan.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

My lusty, strong, genius, grey eminence king got great pox, depression, and had fever. My court physician came and offered to help me with a disease which is great. I thought he was going to fix my depression or something but, instead he cuts off my dick, gently caress.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I can't think of any mod that specifically does that but it wouldn't be hard to do yourself in an event triggered by winning a siege, especially now that Paradox has written scripted effects to do all the annoying work of "checking whether anyone involved can get pregnant or should spread an STD" when two arbitrary people or people-shaped things hook up.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Azuth0667 posted:

My lusty, strong, genius, grey eminence king got great pox, depression, and had fever. My court physician came and offered to help me with a disease which is great. I thought he was going to fix my depression or something but, instead he cuts off my dick, gently caress.

Become a Satanist and rank up until you get Dark Healing. Satan can regrow your penis.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pakled posted:

Become a Satanist and rank up until you get Dark Healing. Satan can regrow your penis.

Azuth0667 posted:

Its pretty cool that the answer to every problem in this game has become Hail Satan

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm having a hard time becoming a sinner. I had greedy for all of 5 minutes before I lost it on my second ruler and since then they've all been really pious goody two shoes.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Dallan Invictus posted:

I can't think of any mod that specifically does that but it wouldn't be hard to do yourself in an event triggered by winning a siege, especially now that Paradox has written scripted effects to do all the annoying work of "checking whether anyone involved can get pregnant or should spread an STD" when two arbitrary people or people-shaped things hook up.

My coding level is basically the scene in Mr. Robot where he copies the HTML code for a webpage and then changes the name. I was hoping to rip someone off to make it easy but the only rape mods are voluntary in their execution which is not what I want they are also generally pretty creepy..

But stretching is probably good for me. So, looks like I'm gonna have to stretch.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I pressed my heir's claim on a duchy so when I died I would get it and my existing demesne under my control.

Well... I finally died a couple years later and it turns out that my son has been busy since he became landed. He was seducing every woman in the HRE and he was also a high ranking Satanist.

Never land your kids.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Sounds like that worked out pretty well for you.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Crusader Kings 2: Pray to Satan for a New Dick

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Haven't seen this happen before. Closest was one of the catholic holy orders getting the kingdom of Jerusalem. If its not obvious its the Lombard Band ruling the kingdom of Brittany. I have no idea how long its been like that.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 12, 2017

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
If anything, Satan seems too powerful. I think now the more traditionally devout should also get magic powers, to balance things out.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Goofballs posted:

Haven't seen this happen before. Closest was one of the catholic holy orders getting the kingdom of Jerusalem. If its not obvious its the Lombard Band ruling the kingdom of Brittany. I have no idea how long its been like that.

One of the things that can happen if you can't pay mercenaries is they invade you.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

If anything, Satan seems too powerful. I think now the more traditionally devout should also get magic powers, to balance things out.

You get on demand celibacy, what could be better

Actually, it might have been pretty useful with the god-queen I just had, dead at 31 while birthing a slow princess. And the actual heir had a 10-year regency, and of course comes out an indulgent wastrel.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah they should buff up the other societies to be on par.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Azuth0667 posted:

Misread this as "buff up the other sorceries" and yes, that too.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Hermetics are close, and have lots of fun events, but the monastic societies are just bad. Though I did appreciate the event where my middle-aged queen discovered she was a lesbian while in the Benedictine cloister.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, there should be some counter to satanism ingame. Maybe go all in on the supernatural stuff and let really pious characters spend piety to exorcise people or something.

Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

Ugh. So I had an issue the last game I played where I didn't realize that if you create a kingdom as a tribal leader, it makes your heir adopt feudalism whether everyone is ready or not. So this game is tried to dodge around that and just slowly rack up all the duchies in Norway and give me some time to build up boats and raid. Saw an opportunity to claim some land in Germany so I went and subjugated the Duke of Saxony...except he was the King of Saxony. Now I have an unwanted kingdom and i don't want to go feudal so soon - am I screwed? I'm trying to make my youngest son the heir to the kingdom title but they really want to give the crown to my primary heir.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Man my guy was Satanic High Priest with like 10 health and fantastic characteristics.

Then suddenly he got a cough and started vomiting. My world renowned, highly skilled court physician suggested an extreme treatment, and I ended up with one less leg and still sick.

Then they told me it was cancer.

My Dark Healing failed, making me just fatigued.

I drained one of my children's essence, but it apparently did nothing.

I ended up with health of 0.5 and finally died at age 51.

My son became King, hosted a grand tournament, and EVERY. SINGLE PARTICIPANT ended up dead or maimed. Mostly dead.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kainser posted:

Yeah, there should be some counter to satanism ingame. Maybe go all in on the supernatural stuff and let really pious characters spend piety to exorcise people or something.

Maybe these guys should make an appearance.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

how would i take out the map in CK2+? i really want to play with it but i'm really not into that weird half finished map they've got in that mod. not sure what i'd have to do to make it playable with just the vanilla map so other map mods could be installed over CK2+

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

Satan can regrow your penis.

That's a thread title, right there.

So how is the religious stuff for Vikings? I'd like to start me a new game but if all they got was boring I might have to suck it up and actually be Christian for once.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The Norse should have a Warrior society. A medieval fight club aimed at getting to Valhalla.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kainser posted:

The Norse should have a Warrior society. A medieval fight club aimed at getting to Valhalla.

It should of course be a secret society, because of rule 1 of Valhalla club.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Quality of life want: When a councilor is in hiding, I wish it would not tell me they weren't doing a job. It should act the same as if they are imprisoned and not show the "councilor not doing a job" notification.

Also, something slightly odd with the Frankish portraits. I don't know why, but my wife lost an eye somehow, and the portrait doesn't show the damage, just two good eyes. Anyone else noticing this?

...And I seem to have a "searching for artifact" modifier completely stuck on me, despite not searching for an artifact and being unable to tell any councilors to do so, welp.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 12, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like they screwed with the Direct Vassals map to make it far less usable. Now the map is colored by the highest title. So if you are looking at the HRE, for example, everything is now just a sea of grey so you can no longer easily tell which Kings and Dukes control what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Shbobdb posted:

the only rape mods are voluntary in their execution which is not what I want

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Welp, pack it in, boys. We're no better than the Nexus now.

• Locked thread