Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yup. Got rain coats and was planning to stay for Wishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go to Disney springs!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Empress Brosephine posted:

Go to Disney springs!

Went last night. We were lucky enough to get a seat at the Mexican restaurant, which was spectacular. The wait times were insane!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I always eat a dole whip float while on the overlook bridge on splash mountain. It's a great spot to see everyone scream and also a great shot of the castle and island. Enjoy!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you get it there without melting!!!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Run as fast as you can. Or use the cut over between Adventureland and Frontierland (by the FP kiosks and bathrooms). I've definitely done it multiple times in various heats.

(En route to da spot, but YMMV on crowds and heat)

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Anyone know what the deal was with Splash Mountain Friday night? Saw it was down, and looked like they might have been having people get out of the boats.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
MK was great yesterday! No rain at all.

We really liked Pecos Bill's and Skipper Canteen. Park was empty too. Got to ride a ton. Never did Philharmagic, loved it!

We're doing HS and Epcot today. Don't think we're avoiding the rain today, though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Is the MDE website terrible for everyone or just me?

I paid for a single day of photo downloads... and now I cant find the photos. Like, I assumed once I paid Id have access to them, or does the access expire at some point? cause if so, that was not made clear when i paid.

Oh drat, it looks like that is the case

ugggghhhh that really bums me out. I only downloaded one of them :[

mannnnnn :[

:[

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It looks like the photos stay available to download up to 45 days after they are taken

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlueBayou posted:

Is the MDE website terrible for everyone or just me?

I paid for a single day of photo downloads... and now I cant find the photos. Like, I assumed once I paid Id have access to them, or does the access expire at some point? cause if so, that was not made clear when i paid.

Oh drat, it looks like that is the case

ugggghhhh that really bums me out. I only downloaded one of them :[

mannnnnn :[

:[

It expires thirty days after first download, or if you prebought it at the discounted rate it isn't active until three days after you link it to my didny experience.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

It expires thirty days after first download, or if you prebought it at the discounted rate it isn't active until three days after you link it to my didny experience.

Photos expire 45 days after first taken unless you have a Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Premier annual pass.

The prepurchased Memory Maker is active 3 days after you purchase it. It only does that weird thing if you purchase the Memory Maker over the phone. If you do it online it's already linked to the account.

30 days hasn't been a thing since the old web site that was retired in 2013. You might be thinking of activating your Memory Maker, which gives you 30 additional days to collect new photos. But those photos still expire after 45 days.

Sounds like what happened is it's been more than 45 days since the photo was taken. Purchasing a photo does not extend the life of the photo at all unless you buy the $19.95 photo extension.

Call guest support at 407-560-4300 or send them an email at disneyphotopass_support@disneyworld.com or fill out the form on the web site to ask about it. They may still be in the system.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Work put me up in a pirate themed room at Caribbean Beach resort. Sleeping in a pirate ship bed tonight :yarr:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Braksgirl, I salute you and your fellow travel persons.

I have a coworker going to WDW with 6 family members at the end of the month. She hasn't been there since high school (we are both 33), and since I'm obsessed, I wanted to give her a heads up on what's changed, and any good info since I've been there multiple times in the last year (and wrote six pages of crap on each park and such for her planning purposes).

In the past month that I've known they are going (during prime spring break season) they:
- still have not bought tickets
-she tried to buy tickets this weekend (after I've politely screamed at her to do so and helped with figuring out what tickets they want) and got denied online because she tried to pay the entire trip with Disney gift cards at 50$ a card and had too many cards and couldn't figure out to call Disney and do it over the phone because she wanted the Sam's Club discount on gift cards instead of just paying for it out of pocket.
-have no FP because they have no tickets
-have no real idea what they want to do or see on their 4 days at Disney because no one wants to do any research
-(they are staying off site so no resort advice but food ideas)
-only she has a MDE account and no one else for planning purposes/ADR/FP and only after I harangued her for two weeks to do it

I'm exhausted. I take my hat off to you, and I'm sure this is an easy group compared to juggling hotels/flights/ADRs/special upgrades.

She does have a breakfast ADR for BOG that I told her to make one and shoot for checking multiple times a day to switch it to a lunch. So, that is my win, as she loves Beauty and the Beast.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

For the most part, my clients tend to be very well organized and easy to work with but every now and then I get a doozy. But yeah, I love my job and it's a lot of fun most of the time, but it's real freaking work. It's not a hobby and I don't do it for the "free" trips (because they don't exist). It's hard work.

You're sweet to help them, Anya, but sometimes there's nothing you can do. And what's going to happen is they will have done no planning, have no idea what they're doing, and subsequently have a terrible time. Then they're going to tell everyone they know that Disney is overrated, costs too much, and is too crowded. Happens every time. :bang:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a pro tip: we can't do more than two Disney gift cards over the phone either

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also call us at Disney and we will gladly plan her trip and pitch memory maker for $149 pre arrival price!!!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Here's a pro tip: we can't do more than two Disney gift cards over the phone either

That must be a new policy because I know in the past I've done at least 5 or 6 gift cards at a time.

There is a place online that you can use to consolidate smaller gift cards into one card number up to $1000, I think. Here it is.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

There is a place online that you can use to consolidate smaller gift cards into one card number up to $1000, I think. Here it is.

I just did this with my cards. It's the best.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah my wife has gotten many a client that dictates a dozen $50 gift cards to her over the phone and then she has to re-dictate them back to the Disney rep on the phone and there's always inevitably 1 or 2 that have some characters wrong and the whole thing sounds like a miserable experience all around.
I think she uses that consolidate thing now, though.

Also, we are 1 week out tomorrow. I am dying right now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah we say they have to consolidate or we send them to ticket services which is another ten minute wait.

DRC is fun so far but it's pretty cutthroat and intense irt commissions etc.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

Also, we are 1 week out tomorrow. I am dying right now.

4 days for us. Send help.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

DRC is fun so far but it's pretty cutthroat and intense irt commissions etc.

Yes, I know. I love you guys over there but lately we've had some DRC folks ganking reservations out from under us. It's not fun. Especially when the call center person tells the client something about a TA that isn't true.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I was just blown away that someone went through that much effort to try to pay for all the tickets with gift cards. I'm sure there's a limit but I was like, drat, just pay it regular.

She's planning on going back again in a year or two with the other sibling and family and I think that trip will be more organized.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I'll forward the consolidate link to her. She doesn't care much about the big rides, wants more shows and little rides and wants to roam about by herself so I think she's gonna be okay. I just want to live her trip vicariously so I can pretend to be back there again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anya posted:

I'll forward the consolidate link to her. She doesn't care much about the big rides, wants more shows and little rides and wants to roam about by herself so I think she's gonna be okay. I just want to live her trip vicariously so I can pretend to be back there again.

Has she considered any of the VIP tours at all? I knew they're expensive but it might be a good way for her to experience those classics without having to wait forever for em.

And sorry to hear that braks :(

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I tried initially to rec both braks and use of the Disney agents to help organize things - gotta show love to the homies.

How are the crowds? I've heard there are several "new" food kiosks and actual new food kiosks in to help with crowd control.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

tomapot posted:

Work put me up in a pirate themed room at Caribbean Beach resort. Sleeping in a pirate ship bed tonight :yarr:
Trip report: the room is cute, it has some nice touches like the barrel as a night stand and to hide the fridge, and the crates for dresser drawers.
The room is in the Trinidad section which is the far end of the resort which means it is pretty quiet but far away from the food and pool.

Also, whoever recommended The Boathouse for dinner, you were spot on. I has the grilled octopus and the clams in some magical broth.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Boathouse is so good for the price. Paddlefish might start to give it a run for its money, though. Hell, all of Disney springs dining is so good.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I heard the beds in the pirate rooms are super uncomfortable. Was that your experience as well?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

Braksgirl posted:

I heard the beds in the pirate rooms are super uncomfortable. Was that your experience as well?

Let's just say that they aren't as comfortable as other moderate level room's beds. Funny thing is I thought I was being snobby and wasn't going to mention it. I didn't wake up sore or anything but it isn't the usual sink into slumber experience.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

tomapot posted:

Let's just say that they aren't as comfortable as other moderate level room's beds. Funny thing is I thought I was being snobby and wasn't going to mention it. I didn't wake up sore or anything but it isn't the usual sink into slumber experience.

Oh, I don't think you're being snobby at all. That's a really common (and valid) complaint about those rooms.

Also, for the record, I will say that the bunk bed in the Fort Wilderness cabin was absolutely the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in my life. And I've slept on many a sofa bed, futon, and air mattress in my time. When you decide sleeping on the hardwood floor is a better option, you know it's bad.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Braksgirl posted:

Oh, I don't think you're being snobby at all. That's a really common (and valid) complaint about those rooms.

Also, for the record, I will say that the bunk bed in the Fort Wilderness cabin was absolutely the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in my life. And I've slept on many a sofa bed, futon, and air mattress in my time. When you decide sleeping on the hardwood floor is a better option, you know it's bad.

I was fine with the bed in every way except length. I'm 6'2, so I was terribly cramped. I ended up using the pull-out couch bed.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Cais posted:

Photos expire 45 days after first taken unless you have a Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, or Premier annual pass.

The prepurchased Memory Maker is active 3 days after you purchase it. It only does that weird thing if you purchase the Memory Maker over the phone. If you do it online it's already linked to the account.

30 days hasn't been a thing since the old web site that was retired in 2013. You might be thinking of activating your Memory Maker, which gives you 30 additional days to collect new photos. But those photos still expire after 45 days.

Sounds like what happened is it's been more than 45 days since the photo was taken. Purchasing a photo does not extend the life of the photo at all unless you buy the $19.95 photo extension.

Call guest support at 407-560-4300 or send them an email at disneyphotopass_support@disneyworld.com or fill out the form on the web site to ask about it. They may still be in the system.

Omg I emailed and they got my pictures back!!!!!!!

A+ for Disney Customer support omg

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
Braksgirl, how can I recommend a nongoon look at what you do and get ahold of you for a vacation? Facebook or website or email or what's best?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I don't have a website at the moment but if you go to whodatmouse.com it goes to my Facebook page. My email address is on the page under About.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Hey, if you didnt know, the Beauty and the Beast collectible cup that sold out completely at Disneyland is now at Magic Kingdom at Be Our Guest. Sooooo you'll need a reservation to get in, but long story short: I bought an expensive cup. Proud of myself.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can you post a picture of this cup?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the amount of people who call about that cup is MADDENING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I want that drat cup.