Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

this game gets totally crazy when it goes dark

yeah it doesnt wait to do it, I'm still laughing at the two robots bangin in the desert apartments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You won't be laughing for long...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
which control scheme are ppl using

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I mapped weapon switch to L1, Pod program to L2 since I don't really use lock on, which was switch to L3 and up on dpad is my lights/taunt

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this game loving owns

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
has anyone started playing on very hard yet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is one of the best games I've ever played. I love it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
There's a huge rear end in this

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I want to know how sexy the game is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not very sexy. If you try to angle the camera to look at the rear end 2B turn around and takes away your camera control

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a trophy for doing that 10 times lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

a badge of honor, i can respect that. sounds sexy enough to me

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do you guys know approximately what % of completion you can get the side quests to during the second playthrough? I'm just under 70 but I've done everything on the map.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

In Training posted:

drat it im not playing as her right now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Darkman Fanpage posted:

drat it im not playing as her right now

same problem

if only I'd known

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i'm playing NieR (ps3) still getting ready for automata and I got stuck on that fishing mission for the shaman fish for about half an hour before I figured out to look at my map and fish there...please tell me someone else had trouble here :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

beep by grandpa posted:

i'm playing NieR (ps3) still getting ready for automata and I got stuck on that fishing mission for the shaman fish for about half an hour before I figured out to look at my map and fish there...please tell me someone else had trouble here :(

joystiqs reviewer quit the game there and refused to review it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

Lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

okay I feel a lot better now cause I was able to fish up some guys using the lures I could buy in town and eventually thought "there's no way they would make it this difficult" and looked at the map...thank you :)

also lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

i still think this is funny but there are a lot of people who'll never forgive him. his own personal 8.8

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

beep by grandpa posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

No wonder they shut down

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

so what's the deal here NieR people, is this like something only dumb people like me ran into or is it like a rite of passage?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't even remember the fishing in Nier until someone linked me that review.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like there's a big picture of a fish on the map right?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Like there's a big picture of a fish on the map right?
it's not a pic of a fish it's a big red X same as every quest marker but this quest was made to feel more open ended...so you talk the quest from an old man who says to you "it's real easy to do, take this fishing rod and go fish at the beach" and there's a beach *literally* 4 feet away from where he is standing when he says this to you so you just go try it there but it turns out that's not the place!

If they slightly chnaged the dialogue to say "go fish at the beach outside of town" or something I'd have gone right to it....I'm not too beaten up about it cause I did figure it out on my own :hehe:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it happened to me, i didn't notice there was a quest marker in the game at all until i struggled with it for a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that you can hack the Dojo Master to make the later forms manageable

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

It's cool that you can hack the Dojo Master to make the later forms manageable

yeah, it kinda feels like that's how it was intended to be done

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lets hang out posted:

If you flash your light in robots eyes a few times they get real upset about it

that is called a taunt its in every platinnum game mostly. usually u get bonus items or cash or pissing them off, idk what they drop in neire tho. bye

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat every serious ending in the game. I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Ending C-E spoilers:

I am so glad I decided to play through Nier before playing this. Walking into the Library was major feels gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Without giving specific spoilers there's no real missable side quests right? I can get 100% in one file?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome. The only thing I wish this game had was an item encyclopedia because I'll have like 2/3 of an upgrade item and have no clue where I found it because I constantly pick up stuff

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
are item drops location based?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Just got Ending A last night, started Route B and immediately got Ending G on accident, which was hilarious. Then I had to redo the slow robot opening of B again, which was double hilarious.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Also where the heg to I get Pristine Screws? I got a bunch during the Engels mission, but after that the same enemies never drop them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

are item drops location based?

I think they're enemy based but the stuff you get from forage points are definitely location based.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the chain pod power is the sickest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious frankie posted:

Just got Ending A last night, started Route B and immediately got Ending G on accident, which was hilarious. Then I had to redo the slow robot opening of B again, which was double hilarious.

+1

I'm gonna plat this game

• Locked thread