Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am ready for more idols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Looking forward to playing Praline in the Million Live and Star Beat in BanG Dream for double Aimi.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I nearly forgot about the BanG Dream game, I pre-registered for that in January then got distracted by the anime

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Polsy posted:

I nearly forgot about the BanG Dream game, I pre-registered for that in January then got distracted by the anime

Soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK_N791hGHo

The game's gonna have a bunch of cover songs too, including soraio days, secret base, sugar song and bitter step, and more!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here's the other bands who are not featured in the anime if you're curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPuZb-o9HPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXxQffcZOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCPqYHyLos

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
100% less "blow the highlights so we have less to paint" than that tokyo 7th PV I saw yesterday, 90% less "we animated the mouths moving a bit" than the photokatsu pv I saw yesterday.

But yeah, I was wondering what they were gonna do for music once I saw an ad for the game. Because poo poo, if I hear twinkle twinkle little star one more time I may die.

What's the point of preregistering for mobage anyway? Just the usual "here's some funny money, have fun~"?

That Million Live thing looks a lot like "deresute but we figured out how to make the models do different things (or at least they're not synchronized even when they're doing the same animation)" so that's nice.

Maybe that's what one of these niconico notifications I've been getting was about? They're like, half maintenance notifications and half something something idolmaster

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a few of the deresute mvs since ankira have the idols doing different animations

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Do they? I noticed a lot of them just kinda…hide everyone else. Like the last few events just only shows one or two people at a time, so you can't see, whereas like "in fact" just puts everyone except the center in shadow.

They're still all doing the same thing though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ankira def has them doing different things while both on screen. the new psychic girl one has them at least doing different poses at the same time. maybe they cant swing it with 5 girls at once tho

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I checked Yuko's, actually. They're doing the same thing, but at the beginning they're slightly rotated relative to the camera so it looks different. There's lots of clever camera tricks, but besides [maybe] adding and removing the two on the far wings, it's still just clever camera tricks and positioning.

Also wow, Yuka's stage is pretty cute. Way cuter than I expected, for some reason (even though her song is also hella cute~)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe just ankira then

anyway they are reanimating some songs to put them in viewing revolution. i was thinking about that and how it must be a lot more work because you cant hide anything with the camera, so you genuinely do have to animate 3-5 unique performances for each song. actually onegai has like 9 girls on stage i think?

also I have to think the orange viewing revolution jumpsuit is the next universal dress for the third birthday or whatever since they would be modeling it for each girl anyway as they add them to viewing revolution

when is the next birthday

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

What's the point of preregistering for mobage anyway? Just the usual "here's some funny money, have fun~"?

Yeah, generally, it's never a game-changer but it's a nice starting boost.

Super No Vacancy posted:

ankira def has them doing different things while both on screen. the new psychic girl one has them at least doing different poses at the same time. maybe they cant swing it with 5 girls at once tho

I'm pretty sure they have to deliberately limit it, maybe to keep the game playable on as many devices as possible. Even in Ankira, whenever they split it one idol will be dancing and the other one stands dead still and just moves their head.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, right Ankira's in with the regular songs, not the dailies.

Yeah, it's probably easier with just two, and only one doing stuff at a time (and mirroring)

Karin and Sachiko work pretty well for that lol

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

when is the next birthday

The Cinderella Girls elections are generally March-April, I don't know if anything else is due in the near future. I don't think they need an excuse to update the dress shop at this point, though, it's not like they have a schedule.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK_N791hGHo

The game's gonna have a bunch of cover songs too, including soraio days, secret base, sugar song and bitter step, and more!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Hate-Senpai posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT DONK

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It looks like Girl Friend Note has taken the bold step of abandoning event rankings entirely, in fact they've abandoned giving you cards as point rewards too, you get tickets for scoring event points which are limited to a certain subset of cards. Though, unless they've changed the scoring method the score requirements for those are way out of my reach still so I'm still not going to bother.

They've actually probably been doing this for a couple of months now but I haven't been paying attention to it long enough to figure anything out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

It looks like Girl Friend Note has taken the bold step of abandoning event rankings entirely, in fact they've abandoned giving you cards as point rewards too, you get tickets for scoring event points which are limited to a certain subset of cards. Though, unless they've changed the scoring method the score requirements for those are way out of my reach still so I'm still not going to bother.

They've actually probably been doing this for a couple of months now but I haven't been paying attention to it long enough to figure anything out.

That's an interesting way to go. I guess whales don't have to really compete anymore?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

That's an interesting way to go. I guess whales don't have to really compete anymore?

The (single) SSR ticket is at 210,000 points (SR ticket at 120,000) which is massively higher than any event I participated in (I feel like it was 75,000?), so either I'm misunderstanding something or whaling is now basically required to get event SSRs.

Needs a bit of further investigation.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pull 1! 2 SRs and 1 SSR from a Guaranteed SR or higher!

Pull 2! 1 SR and 1 SSR from a Guaranteed SR or higher!

Pull 3! 2 SRs and 1 UR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From a Guaranteed SSR or higher!

Each of them was in the "or higher" portion!

Gonna do more pulls after I come home from work tomorrow!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Congrats. The hat from the normal guaranteed or the step pull? I still don't get the step pulls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Step is an upgraded version of the single character box. You get to do it 3 times, with the cost going up by 10 Loveca each time.

30 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SR or higher.
40 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SR or higher.
50 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SSR or higher.

Steps 1 and 2 are basically the same as a single character 10 + 1 pull, only cheaper (ergo, a better deal).
Step 3 costs the same, but is guaranteed to give you a SSR or higher, which makes it a MUCH better value than a single character 10 + 1 pull despite being the same price.

So you get 33 pulls with 2 Guaranteed SRsor higher and 1 Guaranteed SSR or higher for only 120 Loveca.

The single character box would give you 33 pulls with 3 Guaranteed SRs or higher for 150 Loveca.

In short, if you're going for a character on their birthday, then the Step Pulls are far superior.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks! The description made it seem like you were only getting a single character which is a terrible deal. I have 70 so far for Nico Nico's bday. :mrgw:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It seems appropriate that Umi is in her devil outfit for her birthday banner. Out of all 18 girls, this is the one that will tempt whales the most. Gotta go fishing for the most broken scorer in the game.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:siren: HAHA RIN GIRL/GRILL is the new meme :siren:

finally, justice for Rin

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Well, they have been giving out R-tickets along with specific dress-color-type tickets for ages, so I guess it's not that weird. Unless it's like "nonet SR ticket" or something even weirder. But yeah, I haven't even bothered to click the event icon in ages, I just open the app for the login bonus mostly. I did do a little playing, so now I only have 25 new songs, instead of like 35. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not high enough level to just have the next song unlock! Which is a shame, because I guess the next one is the golf girl's and she's kinda interesting maybe.

I guess they just restrict the ticket gacha to the two event girls? Except it clearly has all(?) the SSRs in it. Hm. I wonder what happened to those color outfit gacha tickets I had, then. They seem to just have outfit tickets, now. I wonder if it's just token events that are unranked, or if it'll be everything?

If I understood that brief flash of gameplay, I guess the new version of tokyo 7th will include… a flappy bird rhythm game? It sure looks like one of those fuckawful minigames where you hold a button to make something slide up or down to match the notes. Man, I hope that's not the third iteration of rhythm gameplay they're going for. That would be terrible. But I think it says something like "private lesson" for that, so it's more like those those terrible lesson minigames in imas. On the plus side, the new UI looks kinda neat~ also they're adding even more commus for me to be hella behind on

Hate-Senpai posted:

Step is an upgraded version of the single character box. You get to do it 3 times, with the cost going up by 10 Loveca each time.

30 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SR or higher.
40 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SR or higher.
50 Loveca for 10 + 1 pulls, Guaranteed SSR or higher.

Steps 1 and 2 are basically the same as a single character 10 + 1 pull, only cheaper (ergo, a better deal).
Step 3 costs the same, but is guaranteed to give you a SSR or higher, which makes it a MUCH better value than a single character 10 + 1 pull despite being the same price.

So you get 33 pulls with 2 Guaranteed SRsor higher and 1 Guaranteed SSR or higher for only 120 Loveca.

The single character box would give you 33 pulls with 3 Guaranteed SRs or higher for 150 Loveca.

In short, if you're going for a character on their birthday, then the Step Pulls are far superior.

I'm glad they start at 30, rather than 50 like I expected.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Well, they have been giving out R-tickets along with specific dress-color-type tickets for ages, so I guess it's not that weird. Unless it's like "nonet SR ticket" or something even weirder. But yeah, I haven't even bothered to click the event icon in ages, I just open the app for the login bonus mostly. I did do a little playing, so now I only have 25 new songs, instead of like 35. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not high enough level to just have the next song unlock! Which is a shame, because I guess the next one is the golf girl's and she's kinda interesting maybe.

I guess they just restrict the ticket gacha to the two event girls? Except it clearly has all(?) the SSRs in it. Hm. I wonder what happened to those color outfit gacha tickets I had, then. They seem to just have outfit tickets, now. I wonder if it's just token events that are unranked, or if it'll be everything?

It's definitely not all of them - there's 23 to pick from but some, possibly all of them are repeats. Actually, the Chloe featured in the event is one of the first SSRs they created. I'm definitely going to have to keep a closer eye on it because I'm not sure if they just didn't feel like making new cards this event or this is what they're doing for now.

And yeah, I have 27 new songs, I caught up at one point then I fell back behind.

Zenostein posted:

If I understood that brief flash of gameplay, I guess the new version of tokyo 7th will include… a flappy bird rhythm game? It sure looks like one of those fuckawful minigames where you hold a button to make something slide up or down to match the notes. Man, I hope that's not the third iteration of rhythm gameplay they're going for. That would be terrible. But I think it says something like "private lesson" for that, so it's more like those those terrible lesson minigames in imas. On the plus side, the new UI looks kinda neat~ also they're adding even more commus for me to be hella behind on

Yeah, I'm not sure I like the look of the flappy bird-seeming game but it does look like a singing lesson whereas they have a dance lesson here which is definitely more shades of imas dance lesson

https://twitter.com/t7s_staff/status/839409841705660416

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

It's definitely not all of them - there's 23 to pick from but some, possibly all of them are repeats. Actually, the Chloe featured in the event is one of the first SSRs they created. I'm definitely going to have to keep a closer eye on it because I'm not sure if they just didn't feel like making new cards this event or this is what they're doing for now.

And yeah, I have 27 new songs, I caught up at one point then I fell back behind.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like the look of the flappy bird-seeming game but it does look like a singing lesson whereas they have a dance lesson here which is definitely more shades of imas dance lesson

Yeah, I have that Chloe, which is why I assumed it was all. I was gonna say "one for every girl" but I have absolutely no idea how many girls are even in that game.

Ah, they just had the flappy bird voice lesson in their PV in the app.

So long as it's not baseball, that's fine. Although speaking of flicks, I noticed Idol Jihen changed the "frick" icon to "flick" at some point. Tragic!

I noticed I had 70 hearts so I Umi'd up. Now I have an [honestly] idolized SR Umi! Also an SSR, which is nice, but not as nice as the nun. Anyway while I was feeding Umi Umis, I noticed I had a ton of lv. 1 URs laying around. They've really been going nuts with those promo URs, huh?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

I'm glad they start at 30, rather than 50 like I expected.

Yah if it was 50, 60, 70 even I would have doubts about pulling.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Anyway while I was feeding Umi Umis, I noticed I had a ton of lv. 1 URs laying around.

NOW YOU JUST HOLD THE gently caress U-

Zenostein posted:

They've really been going nuts with those promo URs, huh?

Oh, well then

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

You can tell they're poo poo because they're already idolized.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But idols are good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They are good, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Right????

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

idols: a+
pity ur idol jpegs: D-

idol jpegs (avg): A

✌︎

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Umidahh/status/841851164878499840

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

love coins and friend points

also i guess someone noticed that photokatsu costume contest lol

https://twitter.com/mitbii/status/841479321474736128

https://twitter.com/myc0t0xin/status/841703026482008064

happy ichigo day~

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got my 3rd Pajama Umi, might actually use 3 SSR seals to idolize my Umi UR at this point.

Also, my last 5 Blue Tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though I'm not too fond of this Maki UR...