Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

The rumble on Blaster Master is so strong. In hand held mode I feel like it's going to tear the switch apart.

Yeah turn it off. It's only really useful for one section feeling the water rushing towards you in a sewer section

Other than that, gotta agree it is wayyyyyy too strong.

Cartoon Man posted:

This a public service reminder to every Switch owner that if you do not have Blaster Master yet, you are officially not one of the cool kids. Don't be lame, get Blaster Master.

Thank you.

Blaster Master is well worth the $13AUD asking price.

Very very enjoyable little castlevania game. Absolutely nailed the 8bit aesthetic with modern controls.

Pretty sure I'm on the last section now, and it's been an absolutely delightful 10 odd hours.

Would recommend that you play it in handheld mode, because that's where it really shines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blaster Master is perfect for short little gaming sessions in between Zelda marathons. Lots of save points and a good map system you won't feel lost when you come back to the game over and over.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rad Valtar posted:

Guys the Nintendo Switch Rad Valtar Christmas Miracle is real. Walked into Wal-Mart this morning to pick up some bacon. Decided to check Electronics and saw zero Switch on the shelf so I talked to the store associate who I have known that has worked there for 20 years. He said they didn't have any in stock but then as I'm checking out at the front he's runs up and says they have one that was being held for Preorder that never got picked up and was cancelled. They also had 4 pro controllers so I grabbed one as well. Today is a great day.

Edit: Morale of the story be nice to retail workers.

Goon job !

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
They're basically animals and you should treat them as such.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Wait.. do you have 2 sets of joycons? Because that's the only this works :psyduck:

Just L O L if you don't have an extra set of 'cons

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bum the Sad posted:

They're basically animals and you should treat them as such.

Agreed, use and abuse.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I feel bad for my local walmart electronics guy whos brickseek shows stock when there is not.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

I feel bad for my local walmart electronics guy whos brickseek shows stock when there is not.

Brickwork shows 21 near me and I know there hasn't been any for over a week.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I've called every Target, Walmart, Fred Meyer, GameStop, and Fry's in the greater Seattle area every other day for the past week and I'm starting to feel bad for the people on the other end of the line who are sounding increasingly tired of telling people nobody has Switches.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Again if any goons near Tampa are looking for a switch I got one for sale for price+tax

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Louisgod posted:

How are people almost already done with Zelda, I've put like 20 hours into it and just got to Kakariko village and have hit up.. maybe 10 shrines?

The game's ability to take hours away via distractions is unreal. Only two other games I've played that've ever sucked me so immensely into the world is OOT and Xenoblade. gently caress I love Xenoblade and we better loving get an HD remake for the Switch.

I pretty much haven't left the house this week except for walking the dog.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Cartoon Man posted:

This a public service reminder to every Switch owner that if you do not have Blaster Master yet, you are officially not one of the cool kids. Don't be lame, get Blaster Master.

Thank you.

Only reason I haven't yet is I'm waffling between Switch and 3DS. The Switch's screen is so nice, but I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys the 3D on 3DS and whenever I turn it off the games feel lacking, as I'm so used to it.

Naturally, no reviews of the 3DS version are out there yet.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

Only reason I haven't yet is I'm waffling between Switch and 3DS. The Switch's screen is so nice, but I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys the 3D on 3DS and whenever I turn it off the games feel lacking, as I'm so used to it.

The 3DS has 3D?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zelda. I put some fruit on the ground to take a picture to track it. because I realized I didnt have to find one in the wild to take a picture of.

Yes! Then I put a lizard on the ground to do the same thing.

It ran away.

And was the only one in my inventory.

Game of the year.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Looks like people wont have these in stock til April now. gonna be a long month :(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Zelda. I put some fruit on the ground to take a picture to track it. because I realized I didnt have to find one in the wild to take a picture of.

Yes! Then I put a lizard on the ground to do the same thing.

It ran away.

And was the only one in my inventory.

Game of the year.

:laffo: I wonder if it keeps track of if you shot it first or just snuck up on it

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Discount Viscount posted:

BM doesn't use 3D iirc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I threw an explosive barrel. I guess I'll have to start Eventide over.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you guys have so many hearts and stamina, I've only gotten three upgrades after like 20 hrs

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do you guys have so many hearts and stamina, I've only gotten three upgrades after like 20 hrs

I've spent most of my time getting towers and shrines. I'm at 13 hearts and 2 stamina upgrades, and I've only done the first dungeon so far.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've only completed one dungeon but I've done ever Shrine I can find and I've found a lot.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a serial printed on the Joy Cons?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cojawfee posted:

I threw an explosive barrel. I guess I'll have to start Eventide over.

i did something similar and eventually the ball reset - not sure if I waited by a fire, or tried to leave via boat, said no and it respawned?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nephzinho posted:

I am missing one shrine and I have no goddamn idea where it could possibly be. Hell, at this point I'm not even sure how to go about finding it WITH help. Maybe I should actually go finish the game or the random non-shrine related side quests I have left instead of spending 3 hours running around with no direction. And yes, I got the shrine in the castle.

I got the Guardian and archer Link. They're both really, really nicely done. Scanning anything into the game isn't worth the effort unless you're doing some kind of amiibo assisted speed run.

I found one a few ticks south of the hot spring in the northwest, by the top of the river (sorry, can't recall names of places...) it's visible through a crack in the mountainside, and it's the first shrine I couldn't even figure out how to get to. The crack is marked by the dock with a boat and two torches.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 12, 2017

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I work retail at a higher end liquor/wine/craft beer store and let me tell you about the "unicorn whiskeys"

Stuff like Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Weller 12yr, Pappy Van Winkle, etc. these whiskies are exceptionally rare and always being hunted down by idiots who think that they are connoisseurs and read about how good they are/rare they are so they drive all over or call every store in a region and try to aggressively interrogate us employees to see if we're hiding any in the back. Think of these like the Nintendo Switch, except instead of there being an initial rush of people trying to find them for the first couple of months, people are always calling or coming in and trying to bully a bottle out of us or if we can "go check in the back" FOREVER, FOR AS LONG AS THIS INDUSTRY WILL EXIST. Every day, every week, forever.

The only respite from this endless barrage of whiskey reddit fuckers harassing me on a daily basis is that sometimes we DO have some of these rarer whiskeys hiding in the back and I just lie straight to their face and tell them that we don't because they're cherry picking collectors who are likely trying to resale the whiskey anyway. Sometimes I do it in a very winking, knowing way to let them question whether or not I'm bullshitting them. I will only offer these rare items to regular customers who are looking for something really nice, or extremely cool and nice people who don't cold-open with "DO YOU HAVE ANY X". I am the gatekeeper. Treat me like a human.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes, but do you have Battletoads?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

pissdude posted:

I work retail at a higher end liquor/wine/craft beer store and let me tell you about the "unicorn whiskeys"

Stuff like Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Weller 12yr, Pappy Van Winkle, etc. these whiskies are exceptionally rare and always being hunted down by idiots who think that they are connoisseurs and read about how good they are/rare they are so they drive all over or call every store in a region and try to aggressively interrogate us employees to see if we're hiding any in the back. Think of these like the Nintendo Switch, except instead of there being an initial rush of people trying to find them for the first couple of months, people are always calling or coming in and trying to bully a bottle out of us or if we can "go check in the back" FOREVER, FOR AS LONG AS THIS INDUSTRY WILL EXIST. Every day, every week, forever.

The only respite from this endless barrage of whiskey reddit fuckers harassing me on a daily basis is that sometimes we DO have some of these rarer whiskeys hiding in the back and I just lie straight to their face and tell them that we don't because they're cherry picking collectors who are likely trying to resale the whiskey anyway. Sometimes I do it in a very winking, knowing way to let them question whether or not I'm bullshitting them. I will only offer these rare items to regular customers who are looking for something really nice, or extremely cool and nice people who don't cold-open with "DO YOU HAVE ANY X". I am the gatekeeper. Treat me like a human.

So what you're telling me is that I need to shove Brickseek's stock checker results in someone's face and demand they bring out their Switches because they're lying about not having them in the back?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

pissdude posted:

Is this a copy and paste I don't recognize?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How long is Blaster Master? I just got to world six and feel like maybe I'm 2/3 through the game?

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

chaleski posted:

Is this a copy and paste I don't recognize?

no its just a little slice of life from a retail worker (an alcohol retail worker, but the lessons here still apply)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What is the suggested memory card that I can get?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Only ~∞ months until Monster Hunter!:shepface:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Feenix posted:

What is the suggested memory card that I can get?

MicroSD

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yup.

edit: Actually, not the new one till April, since it's a timed Switch exclusive.

Oh wow wait, so since I bought the 25 dollar version on the Switch I'm getting another game for free in the future? I didn't even know that and I still bought it. What happens, there's an update in April that adds a game?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone else getting this really ugly-looking green tint in Zelda? I notice it most when there are clouds or mist and I'm up high. Everything becomes ugly because it's covered in this stupid green tint. I'm in Gerudo right now and the wind effects cause the green tint to be really bad at times. It comes and goes, I think it's the worst near sunset.

Is this a sign of a defective console, or is it normal?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

pissdude posted:

no its just a little slice of life from a retail worker (an alcohol retail worker, but the lessons here still apply)

When people ask if you have stock and you do you should just do your job instead, imo

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

When people ask if you have stock and you do you should just do your job instead, imo

i have no incentive to cater to dickheads. my job is not dependent on it. i can choose who and how i sell my limited supply of rare items to 8)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Conversely, I think when a retail employee says they're out of stock you should say "oh well, thank you for your time" instead of being a huge weirdo suspicious of anyone who works for a wage

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I always break in through the back and rummage through their stock just to make sure they aren't hiding my precious Switch from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

e: eh, it's not worth it

• Locked thread