Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGlriVeUZ5s

Ninja: gently caress wrong thread, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

no they will not posted:

can someone please buy forum poster Josuke Higashikata a live action josuke av

please make it questionably NSFW, furry or a combination of both if so tia

Moltrey posted:

Josuke is extremely fashion concious and fashion isn't comfortable

it looks like poo poo so he isn't fashion conscious either.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I follow a lot of JoJo groups on facebook and am involved in multiple arguments with people who think Johnny is the worst JoJo and the Gyro is the lead of SBR.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Well your first mistake is being in a Jojo group on Facebook.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

EmmyOk posted:

I follow a lot of JoJo groups on facebook and am involved in multiple arguments with people who think Johnny is the worst JoJo and the Gyro is the lead of SBR.

Fools, everyone knows all Jojos are the best and Gyro is co-lead.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Some people seem incapable of understanding a story can have two protagonists.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I mean I like the manga, but it's not that big a part of my life. It's fiction, and I can appreciate that it's not real, and I can keep myself from getting overly invested. That said, I think you should drive to their houses and murder them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

no they will not posted:

I mean I like the manga, but it's not that big a part of my life. It's fiction, and I can appreciate that it's not real, and I can keep myself from getting overly invested. That said, I think you should drive to their houses and murder them.

I can always rely on you to be the voice of reason, I'm such a silly goose! To think I was going to mail them envelopes of spit like a ruddy idiot.

I think a lot of people forget that the majority of the race it's just the two of them hanging out as opposed to previous parts where you had much larger casts, so by necessity Gyro has much more plot time than previous non-JoJos. To call him the true only main character or the actual main character basically ignores all of Gyro's own development as a character.

Also Johnny is the best JoJo and smh at anyone who still picks Joseph as their favourite in TYOOL 2017.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I can always rely on you to be the voice of reason, I'm such a silly goose! To think I was going to mail them envelopes of spit like a ruddy idiot.

I think a lot of people forget that the majority of the race it's just the two of them hanging out as opposed to previous parts where you had much larger casts, so by necessity Gyro has much more plot time than previous non-JoJos. To call him the true only main character or the actual main character basically ignores all of Gyro's own development as a character.

Also Johnny is the best JoJo and smh at anyone who still picks Joseph as their favourite in TYOOL 2017.

Johnny is undeniably the best, but he's not my favorite, if that makes sense.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that's reasonable because The Wire is the best show ever made but it's not my favourite. However Joseph is a deeply suspect favourite.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah that's reasonable because The Wire is the best show ever made but it's not my favourite. However Joseph is a deeply suspect favourite.

People that have Joseph as their favorite are basic af, as the kids would say.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Joseph has a weird effect on people, it's wild. My friend started Part 4 today and once told the premise of Josuke's birth, he said it was super out of character for Joseph all together.

Like dude where were you the last 60+ episodes when Joseph was onscreen

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think that's understandable tbh because up until that point he's an idiot but not lovely, hardly the biggest stretch in the world though. More importantly Josuke is the perfect version of Joseph, a chill fun dude who has fun solutions to problems that aren't just absurd rear end pulls. He is also a beautiful and sweet boy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the most entry level truth of jojo is realizing that joseph is kind of an rear end in a top hat, and many people fail that step spectacularly

also he's kind of boring and it doesn't help that part 2 is the Only Joseph Does Things Power Hour, which would be better if he happened to be more interesting (see: gappy in jojolion currently), but, he's not

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Problem with that is, Part 2 rules

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Joseph being somewhat of an rear end in a top hat is part of his charm. And yeah, he's the best Jojo, then is Jonathan, Josuke, Jotaro, Jolyne, Giorno and Johnny.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Joseph is being an rear end in a top hat is the best part of part 2, and some of the better parts of part 3.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

All Jojos are assholes except for Jonathan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

All Jojos are assholes except for Jonathan.

he feeds his dog grapes

he's the worst human in the series
at least the other dudes who kill dogs do it quickly

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Johnny Joestar posted:

the most entry level truth of jojo is realizing that joseph is kind of an rear end in a top hat, and many people fail that step spectacularly

also he's kind of boring and it doesn't help that part 2 is the Only Joseph Does Things Power Hour, which would be better if he happened to be more interesting (see: gappy in jojolion currently), but, he's not

Yeah, Joseph's first moment on screen is being good and heroic in the vein of George, so we get to think "Oh man, what a gentleman", until he flips his poo poo and destroys two policemen - who, granted, did deserve it, but the only reason why he thinks anything at all about this episode is because Erina is going to get mad at him for losing his temper. Unlike Jonathan who was motivated by wanting to be a good person, Joseph is only motivated here by not letting his grandma down (and he kind of does anyway). He then heroically fights an rear end in a top hat in a restaurant, which is good! He then fucks up a guy who just gave him bad news. With no regard for other people, he Tommy-guns Straits and the entire bar. He then tries to call Straits' "bluff" with the hostage, who gets a tooth ripped out for that...

That's basically the first two episodes of Battle Tendency. Joseph is our protagonist, and he's funny, but that shouldn't distract us from the fact that he's a jerk.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like Joseph because he's a funny man who does extremely stupid poo poo whilst pissing over his grandfather's chivalrous legacy. Like we can argue all day about Josuke being a more refined take on the same archetype or Johnny being the ~deepest~ JoJo but neither of them have a scene where they conk themselves on the head on the head in the middle of a dramatic high stakes confrontation and then strategically run away whilst the supporting cast sighs in despair and calls them a cowardly little bitch.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a technique all the Joestars know

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I loving love JoJo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

frank.club posted:

That's a technique all the Joestars know

They stole it from the Saotome School of Anything-Goes Martial Arts though.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA :allears:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really awesome that in the translation I have of part 7 when Johnny says 'good grief' they just leave it as yare yare deze

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also sugar mountain is the coolest stand

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Slow Dancer is a really good name for a horse

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Diego turning into a dinosaur is the funniest series of panels in the entire franchise

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god the concluding fight and end of SBR is the sickest thing I've ever read in a manga

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So I can't get over danny dying. Jojo is the worst.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Slow Dancer is a really good name for a horse

:agreed:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Some interesting quote from a recent interview with Araki: http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/03/13/230005?utm_campaign=ANN

On why Josuke is his favorite Jojo character:

quote:

Until then, I’d always made my protagonists cool heroes, but [with Josuke] it was the first time I’d depicted the protagonist as a friend.

On the upcoming movie:

quote:

First I wondered if they would be able to properly depict Stands. Also [I wondered] if the actors would be able to portray the atmosphere...I’m both worried and excited.

Though on a more positive note, regarding seeing the movie actors in costume:

quote:

It’s surprising to see them so similar to the source material. I think it’s wonderful.

Also, he didn't like killing off Iggy, but he felt he had to:

quote:

If you force [the story] something breaks.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The first and last time Araki regretted killing a dog.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Begemot posted:

The first and last time Araki regretted killing a dog.

he regrets killing a dog all the time!

his editor won't let him get away with 3 or 4 most of the time

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
Anime thread having a kerfuffle over how passerby don't seem unduly disturbed by Okuyasu's dad and all I can think is

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://yonkouprod.com/jojolion-chapter-63-spoilers/

Looks like we're probably moving on from this plot point and into something against Jobin real soon. Glad to see Yasuho and Josuke back together.

Speed King, we gotta talk about the goggles buddy. And the face...
And your wimpy nerd user...

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 16, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I only clicked that to see what Speed King looked like more fully and I love that's hosed up and kinda spooky looking

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Where is a good place to read part 2 online? Preferably good for mobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Perhaps legally at your local viz media digital distributor!!!