Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you always remember to say please and thank you eventually a Target employee will give you a key to the Stockroom of Avalon, a magical place full of rare amiibo and NES Classics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Loopoo posted:

Anyone else getting this really ugly-looking green tint in Zelda? I notice it most when there are clouds or mist and I'm up high. Everything becomes ugly because it's covered in this stupid green tint. I'm in Gerudo right now and the wind effects cause the green tint to be really bad at times. It comes and goes, I think it's the worst near sunset.

Is this a sign of a defective console, or is it normal?

Defective console.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I worked at Best Buy for like 3 years....if it seems like someone is bullshitting you they probably are. Retail is full of lovely workers that don't give a gently caress about customers or being good at their jobs. They aren't rewarded for good customer service in any meaningful way.

They don't deserve to be treated like poo poo but they shouldn't be rewarded or coddled for lying to customers or being too lazy to provide customers with accurate information.

Just last weekend at launch night of the Switch I asked some blue shirt if they were going to have any Special Edition Zeldas and he fed me some line about how "we're not allowed to reveal any stock information" which I knew was bullshit (the dead giveaway was that he stood there without verifying it with anyone else even when I asked if he was sure). So I just walked over to customer service and asked that guy who said "no those were preorder only".

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Defective console.

Lol

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Defective console.

Everything else works flawlessly. Colours are vibrant and pretty. Only times green tint shows up is during cloudy, windy periods and when the sun is rising or setting.

I guess I'll take the console back for a refund.

Edit: oh right you were just being sarcastic.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

pissdude posted:

i have no incentive to cater to dickheads. my job is not dependent on it. i can choose who and how i sell my limited supply of rare items to 8)

Retail goon being a dick mad with power.

Checks out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Loopoo posted:

Everything else works flawlessly. Colours are vibrant and pretty. Only times green tint shows up is during cloudy, windy periods and when the sun is rising or setting.

mine is a brownish tint on both dock and undocked.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Always do your best to mildly inconvenience assholes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Loopoo posted:

It's just the way of the game, I found it a bit jarring at first as well, namaste :)

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider
Just finished installing my glass screen protector - really took my time installing it, checking for dust, etc and it ended up absolutely perfect. I was already noticing scuff marks on the front of my switch - I've docked and undocked it maybe 14 or 15 times total and I have been super careful...yet that was enough.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Am I going to need to go for any particular speed on microSD card whenever it's possible to buy a switch?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Rand Brittain posted:

Am I going to need to go for any particular speed on microSD card whenever it's possible to buy a switch?

I got this one and it's been fine so far, only have smaller games on it though, bought Zelda on hard copy, so I don't know how the load times on that one are.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's just the way of the game, I found it a bit jarring at first as well, namaste :)

Oh ok, glad to know I'm not the only one with this then. If it's just the way the game renders stuff goofily, I can live with it. Was just worried it was a warning flag of some kind and that the console would just get worse with time.

My Switch screen protector is arriving tomorrow, along with carrying case. I've docked / undocked the console a total of 3 times. Feels good.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Every customer I deny service to at my retail job brings me one step closer to defeating the ghost of the guy who made fun of me in high school

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Rand Brittain posted:

Got this and it's working well so far... only have Voez on it but seems fine

Samsung 128GB 80MB/s EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card (MB-ME128DA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOB6YW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_lOzXybM4BMJMD

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rand Brittain posted:

IMO go for the cheapest UHS-I class 10 card in the brand and capacity of your choice. I bought a Sandisk Ultra 128GB for $30, so a "slow" card, but everything loads plenty quickly. Avoid third party sellers; if you get one on Amazon, be sure it's sold by Amazon. Apparently fakes are a huge thing.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bombadilillo posted:

Retail goon being a dick mad with power.

Checks out.
lol

RZA Encryption posted:

Always do your best to mildly inconvenience assholes.
lol

chaleski posted:

Every customer I deny service to at my retail job brings me one step closer to defeating the ghost of the guy who made fun of me in high school
lol

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Hey boss a guy came in looking to buy something we had in stock.

Awesome. Was he happy?

I have no idea, I refused to sell it to him because I didn't like the cut of his jib.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Macintosh HD posted:

Awesome. Was he happy?

I have no idea, I refused to sell it to him because I didn't like the cut of his jib.

as it should be

General Morden fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 12, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Macintosh HD posted:

Awesome. Was he happy?

You joke but this is not that uncommon.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

"God its so annoying when people accuse me of hiding things in the back, after I've been hiding things in the back"

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

chaleski posted:

"God its so annoying when people accuse me of hiding things in the back, after I've been hiding things in the back"

Seriously. "Guys stop thinking everyone is lying about the stock levels, btw here's a little anecdote about how I do that sometimes"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

customers are scum

if your boss owned he would be like "gj gently caress that rear end in a top hat"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
So... is your plan now to annoy workers at your local Target even worse because some guy who claimed to work in a liquor store posted on an internet forum that some times he doesn't sell to people he doesn't like?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

General Morden posted:

customers are scum

if your boss owned he would be like "gj gently caress that rear end in a top hat"

This too.

e: I have not personally worked in a liquor store but I have worked next to one and have friends who have and all of the owners have been rich dudes who get wasted on the job and basically give no fucks because they do such volume that it doesn't matter.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 12, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My favorite was to get our manager on duty involved who didn't give a gently caress either. His strategy was to always get them so pissed off they would angrily threaten to sue. At that point he could walk away and tell the customer to call corporate as it was now a "legal matter."

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Just last weekend at launch night of the Switch I asked some blue shirt if they were going to have any Special Edition Zeldas and he fed me some line about how "we're not allowed to reveal any stock information" which I knew was bullshit (the dead giveaway was that he stood there without verifying it with anyone else even when I asked if he was sure). So I just walked over to customer service and asked that guy who said "no those were preorder only".

Lol my buddy who works at best buy told me that corporate was telling them to not reveal any switch related stock when asked for the launch but alright assume the guy was a dick

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Wheany posted:

So... is your plan now to annoy workers at your local Target even worse because some guy who claimed to work in a liquor store posted on an internet forum that some times he doesn't sell to people he doesn't like?

heck no i have a switch there's no time for going to target

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i come to work to retail just to live out my power fantasies yup ofc uhuh hell yea

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I work at an appliance store, btw. We have a couple of pallets of Switches in the store room and none in the store floor.

Every time I tell a customer that we have none, I high-five a coworker afterwards. Some times I even "go in the back to take a look" and actually just go for a smoke.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've seen like 10 examples of a retail worker being an rear end* and about 500+ customers who were being an rear end, so I know whose side I'm inclined to believe...

*But I'm white sooooo...

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I sure do enjoy the Switch, a console made by Nintendo (of Super Mario Bros. fame)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I found a problem/feature with the Zelda cooking system. Now its useless except for buffs. Which I feel like I killed part of the game but you can all live animals :unsmith:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
blaster master is a fun video game exclusively for the newest nintendo entertainment system, the nintendo switch

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I don't understand how these on foot guns work in mastered blasters.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Blazing Zero posted:

blaster master is a fun video game exclusively for the newest nintendo entertainment system, the nintendo switch

it's on 3ds too :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

deadwing posted:

Lol my buddy who works at best buy told me that corporate was telling them to not reveal any switch related stock when asked for the launch but alright assume the guy was a dick

Except I didn't ask how many they had, I asked if they would have any at all. And this wasn't like a week before, this was at like 9pm the night before launch.

The irony is I drove straight over to Wal Mart and I asked the lady at the electronics department about the Zelda Special Editions and she said "Yeah we have six but I've already passed out 20-some tickets for Switches so they'll probably already be gone if you wait".

Compare that to blue shirt who expected me to wait in line for over an hour on a cold night only to walk in and find out "oh no we never had those unless you preordered one".

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't understand how these on foot guns work in mastered blasters.

Every red thing you collect and have in your power bar gives you access to more and more powerful weapons (you can switch between them by holding L). Every time you get hit you lose one health and one from the power bar. One of the things you collect gives you some extra protection, you can take one hit and it doesn't lose you a red thing, but like don't get hit twice in a row or you do lose one.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
People who get mad at retail workers don't understand the absolute ton of idiots they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Be courteous to people whether you are the customer or employee and you just might get nice perks like "oh someone just returned one 10 minutes ago, it's yours."

• Locked thread