Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have some slight but important spoilers to share regarding my favorite character in this game, Kass the accordion parrot:

In the Ridgelands near the shrine he gives a clue for in that area you can find his diary that tells about all the places in the game you can find him. Throughout the game he talks about eventually sharing the story of his mentor once he's passed on all his songs to you, so use the diary to make sure you find them all. Once you've done that, go back and read the diary to find another entry saying he's gone back to Rito Village. Reading the diary again is the part that's easy to miss but it's what triggers his actual return and allows you to get the incredibly satisfying closure to his storyline.

This is pretty easy to miss so don't miss out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i'm so glad there's a wii U version of this game... its just incredible

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

holy poo poo this loving game

wife wants to know why it's so great and im trying to explain without using the phrase "completely aids-free"

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

P-Mack posted:

holy poo poo this loving game

wife wants to know why it's so great and im trying to explain without using the phrase "completely aids-free"

yeah she's not falling for that one again

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I opened a secret shrine by taking a high level electric resist meal, and letting myself get struck by lightning and surviving. in hindsight i could have made lighting strike by leaving metal objects on the ground but this way was cooler

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm afraid to look at my playtime

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

jesus

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

i'm afraid to look at my playtime
How do you even check on a Switch? My user profile still just says "First played 9 days ago"

Also just ran into Hudson building his own little town and it might just be the cutest thing ever.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I opened a secret shrine by taking a high level electric resist meal, and letting myself get struck by lightning and surviving. in hindsight i could have made lighting strike by leaving metal objects on the ground but this way was cooler

I opened that one by getting struck by lightning, dying, then reloading to find it opened.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've got the zora and rito beasts and 100 shrines down. Two days off starting tomorrow. You bet your rear end im not doing anything but beating this godly game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

the shrine radar was going wild and i was standing on top of the stump, tried bombing it and lightning arrows and nothing would work. then my gear started sparking in the storm and i was like "oh my god" and i just put my controller down and tanked it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its poo poo like that. this loving game.im so sad i burned through everything there is to do in a few days but i couldnt stop loving play it. nintendo you beautiful bastards

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

having infinite bombs is such a godsend

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone done the thundra plateau shrine?

i left to do some other stuff because i was getting frustrated, and 2 out of the 4 orbs disappeared.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

i left to do some other stuff because i was getting frustrated, and 2 out of the 4 orbs disappeared.
They reset back to their original positions if you don't get them into the hole.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

They reset back to their original positions if you don't get them into the hole.

sometimes i have trouble keeping track of the Orb holes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

huh... the ones that disappeared were in their holes (GET IN YOUR HOME, i say in the happy gilmore voice)...

i'm going to go do other poo poo and come back to it later

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, i really wish the wii-u had a good video share feature, because i had one of the most epic fights of the game so far against the guardian in the major test of strength shrine. it got into its last phase with the constant laser beams, so i ate heart extending food, and bum rushed it to kill it with a hit right before it killed me. incredibly sick.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

huh... the ones that disappeared were in their holes (GET IN YOUR HOME, i say in the happy gilmore voice)...

i'm going to go do other poo poo and come back to it later
If they're actually in their holes it should be lit up a little bit maybe. Otherwise perhaps you thought you got it in the hole but actually it was just stuck on the edge of the hole. That's happened to me before.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

doughvakiin posted:

sometimes i have trouble keeping track of the Orb holes.
Orb

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

There's a slope where you can stasis-golf the orbs to the platform, not the best puzzle, but it didn't take me that long.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azraelle posted:

There's a slope where you can stasis-golf the orbs to the platform, not the best puzzle, but it didn't take me that long.

i couldn't get that to work, but i may have been in the wrong place. everything about that puzzle sort of sucked, tbh. i ended up just figuring out how to stasis them in from their starting locations eventually.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i couldn't get that to work, but i may have been in the wrong place. everything about that puzzle sort of sucked, tbh. i ended up just figuring out how to stasis them in from their starting locations eventually.

Yeah, it's not a great puzzle, look for an upwards arching slope a little bit away from the plateau. I used spears, because it's easier to make things go straight with them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat ganon and cleared all but one of the shrines (didnt do the lightning island one near the rito because i figured it would take forever and not be fun at all). game's amazing.

im gonna do another run where i don't do the divine beasts or get the master sword at some point but i think i need a long break from this game. maybe when DLC 1 comes out i'll give it another playthrough.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sequence broke just north of the castle, and just stumbled on the master sword by accident while exploring. of course it's not quite so simple as just picking it up, but it was fully sick to find the deku tree. looking forward to being strong enough to get it out of the stone.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
heart container just despawned in boss room because i went to pick up a dropped item first. only bad thing thats happened in this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

heart container just despawned in boss room because i went to pick up a dropped item first. only bad thing thats happened in this game

lmao owned. im sure you can just reload

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i forgot to take pictures of the divine beast bosses, am I screwed from getting a full pokedex?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mabels big day posted:

i forgot to take pictures of the divine beast bosses, am I screwed from getting a full pokedex?

you should be able to buy em from the guy at the lab, iirc

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've been playing for about 6 hours today and I still haven't ventured into the first dungeon. Almost got the whole map filled out though.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

happened to me too but saving and loading put the ball back in the slot

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i used octoballoons and the korok leaf to get the orbs up onto the platform

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took today off to mainly just play BOTW, and i did a bunch of stuff, including getting over to the Rito village so that I can attempt the next divine beast. the Rito village is extremely beautiful and well designed

• Locked thread