Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

purple death ray posted:

Oh well poo poo then he's got to hit the American embassies all over the world. Get on it, Cummin' Sandiego

Be honest with me, did you come up with this pun then send in the confession so you could use it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheKennedys posted:

here you go friend :v: I love this movie so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cij9SkIGQhc

Don't be shy, Saved! is a great movie.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
i'm like 99% sure that if my kid was jacking off in the same car as me i'd notice. first of all it's obvious and second of all why does my car smell like someone just busted a nut.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You guys gotta read the fesh. Horrible roommate girl is 0% attracted to the guy now, and they've already discussed his awful roommate habits "multiple times" and he keeps right on going. Just move out ASAP and thank your lucky stars you never made a move on the ultimate gross manchild.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
[quote="quote: post="470182185"]

I started doing something as a goof and now it's become a full blown habit. I just thought it would be a funny gag where I'd improvise new lyrics to a song as though the artist was deeply closeted and making freudian slips about sucking dick and such.
Now I can't stop. If I get a song stuck in my head and I don't fully know the words, my brain just starts autocompleting all kinds of variations of 'im gay'. I have to watch myself whenever I'm singing around people now.
[/quote]
Sorry for the late reply. This doesn't sound like a huge problem. It actually sounds like a new career. If your lyrics aren't terrible, and you can sing decently, you should totally start recording yourself, and submitting your songs to the Howard Stern Show. They love this type of poo poo. Ex: Whenever I hear Justin Bieber's "What do you mean?" I start singing, I suck your Ween.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at moving in with someone you want to gently caress and then getting upset they're wanking 3 times a day

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

You guys gotta read the fesh. Horrible roommate girl is 0% attracted to the guy now, and they've already discussed his awful roommate habits "multiple times" and he keeps right on going. Just move out ASAP and thank your lucky stars you never made a move on the ultimate gross manchild.

The only part she said they discussed was him playing video games all the time, and it sounds like her thesis was "you should play less video games" when it should have been "let's buy a cheapo Craigslist TV and put it in your room"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Anne Whateley posted:

quote:

4) He has started complaining about not finding any "good females" around. Which is hilarious because I'm right there

She goes on to talk about the MRA stuff but this strikes me as odd phrasing for someone you're 0% attracted to.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

loquacius posted:

The only part she said they discussed was him playing video games all the time, and it sounds like her thesis was "you should play less video games" when it should have been "let's buy a cheapo Craigslist TV and put it in your room"
That's weird though, it's not like a mutual problem that she needs to solve for him. If you had a dude roommate, wouldn't you just tell him you wanted some living room TV time too, deal with it, and he could figure out his own solution and buy his own private TV if he wanted?

fruit on the bottom posted:

She goes on to talk about the MRA stuff but this strikes me as odd phrasing for someone you're 0% attracted to.
Yeah, if the rest of her post was different, I would read that differently. The way it is, though, I think it just means you can have some self-esteem and also not wanna bone a disgusting guy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Marmaduke! posted:

That wall thing is unbelievable - not even a single mention of a wall lobster.

hosed up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I pray on newly single girls (friends of friends mostly) via the power of Facebook. I obsessively track relationship statuses in my free time, and if a girl is newly single a pounce. Recent boyfriend breakups are good, divorces are better.

I'll see a lot of statuses from these women like "I'm so bored" or "I'm so lonely, anybody want to hang?" and I know I'm in there. Send a message like "I saw you're friends with so and so, can I just say I just went through a divorce and a here if you need any help". It only has a 20% success rate, but that's still good considering I'm effectively cold calling people.

In the past year I've had one night stands with 8 recent divorcees, 3 girls who just got dumped, and 5 women who were separated from their husbands. Not bad for a guy who was a virgin until he was 25.

quote:

My parents told a young me that some movies were real, and some were just stories. Unfortunately, they decided to gently caress with me by saying that real movies included "A Nightmare on Elm Street". Those murders really happened, they said, and this was a documentary trying to explain what happened. The sequels were not real, and just made because the first movie did so well, but the first one was a true story. My father did not help matters by saying "That's the same thing they did with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre" too.

I was skeptical but my mom went so far as to make a fake website on the computer that contained a police report on the murders, along with an obituary for the kids AND a report on the trial and later death of Fred Krueger. I can respect the time and attention to detail now, but at the time it was terrifying.

I spent the next few weeks terrified and regretting ever watching the film. I was convinced that thinking of Freddy would summon him to the real world to murder me in a torrent of blood. I started drinking coffee despite hating the taste and being 8 years old, and I'd skip sleeping as much as I could. My grades started slipping and my parents had a conference with the teacher. I guess my parents put 2 and 2 together then, because that night they explained that they were just playing a joke. I didn't believe them.

So 2 nights later, Freddy Krueger exploded out of my closet door. I pissed my pants and he started walking towards me. Then my mom showed up with a baseball bat and started walloping him. She told me to yell at him "I don't believe in you and I'm not scared!" which I finally did after choking back tears for a few minutes. Freddy screamed in pain and jumped out the open window. We looked outside and there was just a skeleton with his clothes on laying on the ground.

I finally calmed down and started slowly getting my sleeping habits back under control, and by Christmas break I was back to normal.

You guessed it - my dad dressed as Freddy, my mom wasn't swinging the bat at him very hard, and my bedroom was on the first floor so my dad fell all of about 3 feet, where they had put a hokey plastic skeleton with Freddy clothes on. They finally came clean years later when I kept asking if this really happened or if I had just dreamed it up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Double-fesh-posting because I'm going to PAX today and can't do it later. Skipping one about how LITERALLY A BIRD is hot because that counts as forums drama and we've seen it before anyway

quote:

I have always had a hard time understanding some things others perceive as simple. I am in my late 20s and have major questions nobody has adequately answered for me.

I do not understand how the Earth is spinning but we don't feel it or fall off. Why does the Sun stay together if it's just a ball of gas? Wouldn't it be like a popped balloon and spread out everywhere? Why does Earth have oxygen but the moon doesn't? Why doesn't the oxygen float away? That's just at the cosmic level.

I don't understand why you can't grab your feet and life yourself into the air. I weigh 150 lbs, I can lift 150 lbs. What's stopping me from lifting myself up forever and flying away?

How does swimming work? We are lighter than water, I get that, but then how can you dive unless you swallow water? And how do the continents float on the water if rocks sink? Is it the same principle of boats floating because they have effectively a big bubble inside them?

How does a radio work? I know it picks up radio waves but why can't we see them moving in the air like the wind, and how do we turn sounds in to radio waves?

I would honestly appreciate solid answers to these things.

quote:

when i was in middle schopol i went through a cross dressing phase. maybe it was 7th grade it was a while ago i cant recall. single mother raised my family, so she was working a lot of nights. i would sneak into her room and snag some clothing. i would go into my room and wear it. it gave me a thrill, but for the most part i didn't enjoy it all too much. i found some of my mom's silk panties and i wore them to school on day. it wads a catholic school and i spent the entire day terrified god would find punish me. i felt immense guilt and attributed it to god being mad at me, but it was really just a border line anxiety attack.

we had this big rear end stuffed bear, so i cut a whole between it's legs and would dress it up in my moms bra nad panties and id gently caress the bear. it was a good time for a teenage boy. eventually i got scard id be caught so i stuffed the bear in a garbage bag in my room. since i was basically neglected, i had like 10 trash bags in my room at all times so no one noticed one more with a fuckbear in it.

i kept all the clothing under my mattres. i gave this up on day when my aunt (who helped raise us) almost found the stash of my mom's panties and dresses. we couldn't find my baseball uniform and she was tearing through my room so the second she lifted the mattrress i just grabbed everything and ran it to the laundry room and that was the end of that.

bonus: ive had a few confessions posted and if i go back and read them all, i sound liek im broken.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

And how do the continents float on the water if rocks sink?

lmao

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Freddy goon that's a great story. Goon who doesn't know that gravity exists just needs to watch some bill nye

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I know this is bait but im bored so here we go

"I do not understand how the Earth is spinning but we don't feel it or fall off."

You're spinning at the same speed as the earth, so you aren't going to feel it, the same way you don't feel movement in a car that's doing a steady speed. Gravity holds you down so you dont fly off.

"Why does the Sun stay together if it's just a ball of gas? Wouldn't it be like a popped balloon and spread out everywhere?"

Gravity.

"Why does Earth have oxygen but the moon doesn't? Why doesn't the oxygen float away? That's just at the cosmic level."

Gravity.

"I don't understand why you can't grab your feet and life yourself into the air. I weigh 150 lbs, I can lift 150 lbs. What's stopping me from lifting myself up forever and flying away?"

You can't lift yourself because you need to have something to act against to create movement. When you try to pick yourself up, you're essentially just putting balanced forces on yourself, so the net acceleration is zero, which means no movement.

"How does swimming work? We are lighter than water, I get that, but then how can you dive unless you swallow water?"

You have to either weight yourself down or constantly keep swimming down to counter boyancy.

"And how do the continents float on the water if rocks sink? Is it the same principle of boats floating because they have effectively a big bubble inside them?"

Continents aren't floating rock, they're continuous all the way down through the earth. The oceans are basically just really, really big lakes.

"How does a radio work? I know it picks up radio waves but why can't we see them moving in the air like the wind, and how do we turn sounds in to radio waves?"

Radio waves fall outside the spectrum that the human eye can see, but if our eyes were built differently theoretically we would be able to see them. As far as radio waves into sound, the radio waves generate current which acts on a magnet in the speaker to cause it to vibrate, which generates sound waves that your eardrum can pick up (not 100% sure on that one but p sure its close)

"I would honestly appreciate solid answers to these things."

that fesh was p obviously bait but im an idiot so you're welcome

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

If you can find some free intro to physics classes, you should take them. They should help you learn how multiple forces can be acting on an object, what they are, and how to calculate the net force, which would answer a lot of your questions.

Second half of intro to physics should help explain the different facets of radios (electric potentials, circuits, electromagnetic waves, etc.), along with other mysterious creations such as glasses and magnets. Plus also interesting poo poo like basics of relativity and atomic physics

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Intro to physics classes aren't going to help anyone who is a "skeptic" about basic concepts like gravity like he sounds like. Sometimes it's OK to call someone an idiot instead of trying to teach them. All of his questions could be solved through quick googling - he doesn't want to do that though because he finds those answers boring, therefore he's an idiot.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Goon with no understanding of physics: I really wonder what state/country the guy went to school in. Where I'm from, those are the kind of questions you'd ask and receive answers for in, I dunno, fourth grade? But a lot of places, you're not allowed to ask questions in class and as a result a lot of people have these, to us, incredibly strange gaps in their knowledge and understanding of the world. I knew a kid who came from a Polish fundie private school who spent a year in my high school. On a field trip to a beach, he stepped off the bus, exclaimed "I'm so thirsty!", walked out to the sea and gulped down a great big double handful of water before immediately puking his guts out. Turns out he'd never been able to ask a teacher why sea water isn't safe to drink, and had somehow become convinced that this extremely well-known fact was an urban legend. He wasn't even that dumb - kinda thick, perhaps, but by no means the kind of pants-making GBS threads retard you'd expect from this one story.

Fuckbear goon: Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Goon with no understanding of physics: I really wonder what state/country the guy went to school in. Where I'm from, those are the kind of questions you'd ask and receive answers for in, I dunno, fourth grade? But a lot of places, you're not allowed to ask questions in class and as a result a lot of people have these, to us, incredibly strange gaps in their knowledge and understanding of the world. I knew a kid who came from a Polish fundie private school who spent a year in my high school. On a field trip to a beach, he stepped off the bus, exclaimed "I'm so thirsty!", walked out to the sea and gulped down a great big double handful of water before immediately puking his guts out. Turns out he'd never been able to ask a teacher why sea water isn't safe to drink, and had somehow become convinced that this extremely well-known fact was an urban legend. He wasn't even that dumb - kinda thick, perhaps, but by no means the kind of pants-making GBS threads retard you'd expect from this one story.

A lot of the schools in this country are just poo poo based off where they are. My wife, who is otherwise an intelligent person, has these random gaps in knowledge due to going to a country bumpkin public school just one county over from where I did. Basic stuff I learned in (my upper middle class) elementary school was never brought up her entire education. I really believe that all of the backlash against stuff like common core is because there are a lot of stupid teachers and parents out there that are incapable of understanding it themselves, let alone capable of teaching it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

quote:

In the past year I've had one night stands with 8 recent divorcees, 3 girls who just got dumped, and 5 women who were separated from their husbands. Not bad for a guy who was a virgin until he was 25.

I'm not sure if you're trying to brag or you're just oblivious to how sad this is. Let me fill you in: only being able to sleep with women who are emotionally distraught and vulnerable is pathetic. They clearly don't want you, they just need someone.

Try finding a woman that actually likes you and wants to be with you on repeated occasions. That would be "not bad".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Who even cares enough about facebook to keep their relationship status up to date anymore?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Management posted:

I'm not sure if you're trying to brag or you're just oblivious to how sad this is. Let me fill you in: only being able to sleep with women who are emotionally distraught and vulnerable is pathetic. They clearly don't want you, they just need someone.

Try finding a woman that actually likes you and wants to be with you on repeated occasions. That would be "not bad".

That's probably why it's anonymous, they know how pathetic they are

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

That's not what "pray" means, but I like the idea of some pious virgin going around and praying with all kinds of newly single women.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Why are all the fetish confessors always men? Why don't girls cross dress into dad's boots... Or maybe they do but it's considered cute? And they are never into men's feet or smelly socks. My socks are stinking up the living room instead of luring fetishistettes... :(

And yeah who shares their breakups and divorces on FB? If that happens you set your relationship status to private and then you break up. I haven't seen a public breakup in five years at least.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Sorry for the late reply. This doesn't sound like a huge problem. It actually sounds like a new career. If your lyrics aren't terrible, and you can sing decently, you should totally start recording yourself, and submitting your songs to the Howard Stern Show. They love this type of poo poo. Ex: Whenever I hear Justin Bieber's "What do you mean?" I start singing, I suck your Ween.

honestly this sounds like the beginning of a n*stomper58 descent into madness. first you can't stop improvising songs about gay dicks and before you know it you're goin' prodromal.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Doctor Malaver posted:

Why are all the fetish confessors always men? Why don't girls cross dress into dad's boots... Or maybe they do but it's considered cute? And they are never into men's feet or smelly socks. My socks are stinking up the living room instead of luring fetishistettes... :(

These are two weird things that seem to be exclusively male. Plenty of girls dress like boys, we call them tomboys, but it's not a sexual thing for them like it is for cross dressing boys. Similarly foot fetishists are all men as far as I can tell. I have no idea what that's all about.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There's also a much greater tradition of women dressing or trying to pass as men in order to do things that women traditionally wouldn't have been allowed to do. Like in Mulan, for a very mainstream example. Or Charley Parkhursrt for a more obscure one.

Conversely, there's nothing of that nature to be gained for a man pretending to be a woman so it doesn't really have a chance to be romanticized in the same way.

And voila, now you've got the recipe for a social double standard on crossdessing.

Obviously this doesn't touch on trans issues, but those probably weren't a huge consideration when we formed our societal opinions on cross dressing.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Women are the sex class in our society. When a guy gets around puberty and wants to feel desirable (which is totally normal), he's not going to have access to sexy men's underwear, or even know that it exists. If he wants to try out Sex Clothes, almost by definition they're going to be women's. There you go, fetish formed.

I know a bunch of women who are into men's shoes and boots, but I don't think I know any who are into men's feet. I'm not like anti–men's feet, I think they can look good just like hands or arms or anything can, but they have to be thoroughly groomed . . .

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

grumplestiltzkin posted:

"How does swimming work? We are lighter than water, I get that, but then how can you dive unless you swallow water?"

You have to either weight yourself down or constantly keep swimming down to counter boyancy.

Continents aren't floating rock, they're continuous all the way down through the earth. The oceans are basically just really, really big lakes.

In addition, a human body is denser than water once all the air is expelled out of the lungs. This is the reason why you can float on the surface with a breath full of air, then blow it all out and you'll sink instantly.

And the continent thing isn't as stupid as it seems, but they don't float on water. "Float" is kind of the wrong word but each continental plate does kind of float on an "ocean" of rock (the mantle)which is more like soft plastic because of the heat from the earth's core and the pressure of the continental plates above it. Plates grinding and sliding against and beneath each other is where earthquakes and most volcanoes come from.

Even if it was just a joke, I got a big kick out of the idea that you should be able to lift yourself up into the sky. So thanks for that

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Play posted:

In addition, a human body is denser than water once all the air is expelled out of the lungs.

Depending on body composition, this isn't necessarily true.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Kim Jong ill posted:

Depending on body composition, this isn't necessarily true.

A healthy human body. Fatties may float at will. Perhaps one day a less-dense-than-air human will arise and will grace the skies with their hefty dirigible frame and we will look up in wonder at the majesty of flight.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Play posted:

Even if it was just a joke, I got a big kick out of the idea that you should be able to lift yourself up into the sky. So thanks for that

Surely it was a nod to the mindset that you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps, too.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

loquacius posted:

I've never gotten a DUI but I once paid a lawyer to show up to traffic court for me, and apparently he and the judge agreed that although the officer THOUGHT I was checking the traffic map on my phone while stuck in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam, what ACTUALLY happened was that I parked in front of a fire hydrant, and nobody needed to tell my insurance company about this

You don't even need to pay an attorneys to do this, you can show up in court and this is what happens.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tater_salad posted:

You don't even need to pay an attorneys to do this, you can show up in court and this is what happens.

Yeah, as I said in the next post, I couldn't do that because the court was two states over from where I was on the court date

quote:

back when i was in middle school i lived in squalor. single mom taking care of my family of 7, with a little help from her family. i got my own bedroom and basically only left for food, school, and to walk to get another 12 pack of soda - for about 9 years. my room was disgusting. in no order, i will list why:

- i would fill garbage bags but not take them out. they would stack in the corner. 90% of the bags were cans of Coke
- i saved every magazine i bought. i put them in a pile in the corner. the worst bit about this is that i moved out of my mom's about 15 years ago and no one threw these loving magazines out until a month ago. No one needs a copy of EGM from 1997.
- my toes had ingrown toenails and were infected. i would leave blood stained socks all over.
- if i clipped (read: bite off) my nails i just let the nail stay where it landed so my carpet was full of nails
- my feet were gross and the skin would peel off. i would keep all the skin and when it dried up i would burn it for reasons (magic powers???)
- i would burn a lot of stuff. probs a bad idea in a century old house made 90% of wood and 10% of irish corpses
- my drawers were filled with 12 packs of soda
- i would collect coins and on the early internet i read you could clean off rust if you left the coins in a cup of coca cola but id forget to remove them
- buncha hentai and dick girls id print out from the family computer
- load of portraits i did of friends that id get too ashamed to show off so id rip them to shreds
- this one i cannot explain at all: i always had a copy of the TV schedule in my room. it was a weekly printed book from the local newspaper with TV shows. i would leave it next to my bed so i new which of the 5 channels to watch. i would spit on it. i would pace and spit on it. by friday this thing was warped and just covered in dry spit and nail clippings. Why did i do this?

no pee jars though, so that's something. this is all very weird for me now because now i have my own home and i bleach the poo poo out of everything.

quote:

This certainly isn't as dramatic as a lot of the stuff, fake or not, in this thread. But it's a real confession as in nobody in my life today knows anything about this.

When I was a kid, I suffered horribly from depression and wasn't diagnosed until I was 18 or so. But I found my answer in drugs and looking back on it my path was almost foreordained.

When I was 13 I started smoking marijuana and I really liked it. My adopted brother and I would smoke every morning, every night, during school as well. At 15 I started using cocaine and ecstasy and that hasn't really ever stopped, but the frequency ebbs and flows.

What really wrecked me was heroin. Sweet, sweet heroin. Being relatively intelligent and having a strong sense of self-preservation, I managed to get a degree from a good university even though I was smoking and injecting black tar the entire time. At one point I found a field of dried up poppies down the road from my house, so when I went back home and did a semester at the local university I would make my poppy tea every day.

I went through points that weren't that bad, and then times that were really bad. I never hurt or stole from anybody, but I have done some disgusting things to myself. After college I went abroad to teach English in Asia. Went there a month before the work would start and got clean in an absolutely hellish couple of weeks, sweating and hallucinating in my tiny hotel room.

Unfortunately, I have a nose for drug markets and within a month or two I'd found plenty of dealers of the purer, completely white kind of heroin. A few people knew but most didn't, and no one at my job did. I managed to keep my job for over a year until one day the local teachers assistants saw my track marks, which had gotten pretty gruesome by that point because I was having trouble finding veins and was overusing needles to a ridiculous extent. I was fired, obviously.

I was in a pretty tough spot and ended up having to stiff the cheap hotel I'd been staying at (I had four months of rent unpaid by that point) by simply leaving most of my things there and not coming back. I was also at this point in the country illegally; my visa was unpaid. I managed to find a corrupt official (not hard in that country) to forge my visa stamps as if they'd always been paid for a much smaller sum than it would've cost. In fact, if I hadn't managed that I wouldn't have been able to leave the country and might even have been put in jail.

I hit up a friend who owed me and she bought me a ticket back to the west coast. I landed in Seattle and instantly was able to find poo poo, that place basically has open air drug markets right in the middle of downtown. I bummed my way down the coast, hitting up portland obviously and the bay area where I had friends.

At that point I'd loathed myself for years. I despised my weakness but this particular addiction is simply too virulent. Willpower alone is not enough.

Once I was back in my home town I got tattoos below my elbows which covered up the worst and most obvious of the track marks. I still have black indents on my legs when I foolishly injected subcutaneously with tar, but if I have shorts on no one can see it. I also have a lot of scars on the back of my hands, but it's not obvious at all where they came from.

I went to visit my parents who were retired and taking a vacation in Hawaii. I used that to get clean and I had to hide the incredible pain and despair I was feeling the entire time. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Now, I have the incredible good fortune to have gotten a great job. I'm clean, although I take suboxone daily to keep me that way. I have a wonderful girlfriend who loves me. She knows a lot about my past but not everything. My friends know that I struggled but have no idea the extent. I moved to a new city for my job and no one here, even my close friends, knows a thing about this. Secrecy is something all addicts learn pretty early on. Sometimes I feel the need to open up, but I know it won't help anything. It's just like depression, no one really wants to hear the sordid details of your life, and my relationship with them is better without those stigmas attached.

Over the years I came ridiculously close to dying via overdose, suicide, or just pure stupidity. It's a miracle I'm alive today, with a clean record and good job. Almost impossible to believe, and I thank the universe for my good fortune daily. I see a specialist doctor monthly to ensure that I stay on the right path, which has been super helpful.

That's my confession, sorry it's not a clean narrative just a jumble of random fuckups and stupid, dangerous incidents but that's kind of what life is like for the most part. I could write the craziest stories from those years of my life, but the main confession is that the good people I work with and spend time with every day don't know a thing about this. They would despise me if they did, so it's nice to open up, even anonymously.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

quote:

junkie goon

Same

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Good to hear you got clean. But having worked in the English teaching field in Asia for awhile, the most unbelievable thing to me is that you found a country where there were both schools willing to fire you for suspected drug use and officials corrupt enough that you could get forged visa stamps.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Saw that news story about some crazy guy jumping the white house fence and insisting that he had an appointment with Trump. Must've been insane Trump alien guy

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Play posted:

Saw that news story about some crazy guy jumping the white house fence and insisting that he had an appointment with Trump. Must've been insane Trump alien guy

I want to believe. More than Kane being a Goon. I want to believe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure Trump will meet with him once he finds out that he's part alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Atlas Hugged posted:

Good to hear you got clean. But having worked in the English teaching field in Asia for awhile, the most unbelievable thing to me is that you found a country where there were both schools willing to fire you for suspected drug use and officials corrupt enough that you could get forged visa stamps.
How is this unbelievable?