Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

MisterBibs posted:

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o8jcjsdNvF1rpiku8_480.mp4

Some robots just don't like the idea of a lady making decisions.

And then a Mr Handy shows up and starts bludgeoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/ywIbuTs.gifv

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Perfection.

I appreciate the fire winking out as they take off; wonder what causes that, mechanically...

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Perfection.

I appreciate the fire winking out as they take off; wonder what causes that, mechanically...

May just be fortunate timing. Burning wreckage usually turns into a burnt out husk at some point.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/i0nIPU5.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/h14lWHm.gifv

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Turns out the long arm of the law is really, really long.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Mierenneuker posted:

:perfect:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

:eyepop::popeye:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

What games are these?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands I assume.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ratjaculation posted:

What games are these?

Just Cause 3 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Post the spymaster revealing himself to be a double agent who failed to assassinate himself please

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Post the spymaster revealing himself to be a double agent who failed to assassinate himself please

Expose him immediately!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The first might not be unintended. At this point, who knows?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

AfroSquirrel posted:

People have done some crazy things with that horse before, so yeah, it must be intentional.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Semi-intentional. The horses are implemented in a somewhat lazy way using existing mechanics, as memory serves. They're a cultural and/or genetic trait on regular NPCs, I believe? You have to jump through hoops wrangling with culture and edge case mechanics and the clergy to get a horse bloodline started, but once you do, I'm pretty sure there IS a pool of horse names and horse portraits the game will pull from to populate more horse NPCs. Whether this was foresight on the part of the developers or pure coincidence I don't personally know.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I think my favourite part is that the horses all wear appropriate hats and accessories, drawn from the same pool that the humans use.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Semi-intentional. The horses are implemented in a somewhat lazy way using existing mechanics, as memory serves. They're a cultural and/or genetic trait on regular NPCs, I believe? You have to jump through hoops wrangling with culture and edge case mechanics and the clergy to get a horse bloodline started, but once you do, I'm pretty sure there IS a pool of horse names and horse portraits the game will pull from to populate more horse NPCs. Whether this was foresight on the part of the developers or pure coincidence I don't personally know.

From what I remember based on the explanations given before, there's a single trait in the game that lets you go crazy and put a horse on your council or something. So there's a random pool of horse names and a horse portrait. What the guy in that gallery does is manipulate the game to get his horse into a position where he can get it to breed with a person and make horse children. The game does not know what to do since "Horse" is a trait like any other that gives them the horse portrait and causes other effects, it just passes that on to the kids.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nuebot posted:

From what I remember based on the explanations given before, there's a single trait in the game that lets you go crazy and put a horse on your council or something. So there's a random pool of horse names and a horse portrait. What the guy in that gallery does is manipulate the game to get his horse into a position where he can get it to breed with a person and make horse children. The game does not know what to do since "Horse" is a trait like any other that gives them the horse portrait and causes other effects, it just passes that on to the kids.
Actually I think the key is that there's both a Horse ethnicity and a Horse trait. The ethnicity is what gives you the portraits and names, while the trait is what makes them completely useless at doing anything and without the edge case prevents them from getting married. But the trait isn't inherited if you somehow do get them married and they have kids.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I think it was eventually patched out because as crazy as the game gets - including an event chain that's The Omen, they didn't intend to have horse loving.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zereth posted:

Actually I think the key is that there's both a Horse ethnicity and a Horse trait. The ethnicity is what gives you the portraits and names, while the trait is what makes them completely useless at doing anything and without the edge case prevents them from getting married. But the trait isn't inherited if you somehow do get them married and they have kids.

I think you're right, yes. So the goal is to breed racially horse kids without the trait that gimps them.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Robindaybird posted:

I think it was eventually patched out because as crazy as the game gets - including an event chain that's The Omen, they didn't intend to have horse loving.

No, but you can seduce a centaur!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zereth posted:

Normally horses can't be without the horse trait and the horse trait prevents giving landed titles and reproduction but through a few loopholes you can make Glitterhoof a bishop.

When a new character takes control of a county they are automatically generated a court. And the courtiers are all of the same culture as the new bishop but the horse trait isn't passed on. So you get a bunch of horse culture characters without the horse trait.

Zero One has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Mar 13, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
What's really loving weird is the event that spawns Glitterhoof always uses the name Glitterhoof, but there are a few (like 3-4 i think) names in the files for Horse culture like they expect that poo poo.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/k4BbT7I.gifv

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Always work in a well ventilated area, kids! :eng101:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Benny has been huffing the paint again.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

Expose him immediately!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its called rehab, babe. Eeevvryones doing it

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an odd glitch. Since the game's open-world, it needs poo poo in it to make it interesting - having the world be empty after you've gone through slaughtering all the moblins in Hyrule Field FOREVER would be boring. So Ninty decided to add a respawn mechanic, Blood Moons. Basically any moon has a chance of rising as a Blood Moon, and at 12am the night it rises the world resets.

Except when it happens at 8am. Or 3:30pm. Or 4 times in one night. Or not at all for 2 in-game months when you're trying to do a quest that requires you to do it during a Blood Moon. I even heard someone in the BOTW thread say that any time they got near one of the Dragons (late-game flying loot pinatas, basically) a Blood Moon would trigger and reset it.

Oh and if you're fighting an enemy while the blood moon happens, it resets it to full health and you lose any loot you haven't picked up. Especially fun if it happens when you're fighting high-powered monsters (which are basically imported from Dark Souls in style) like a Lynel, a Hinox or a Guardian and have just / are about to kill it.

It also looks loving :krad:.

Game owns, including this glitch.

Ignimbrite has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Mar 13, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its called rehab, babe. Eeevvryones doing it

They tried to make me go to rehaaab, but I said "neiiigh, neiiigh, neiiiiiigh".

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AfroSquirrel posted:

CK2 is good.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
this was done by the same guy who did breaking madden also i dont have a better place to put this

but this is the proest click in the history of pro clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

fits posted:

this was done by the same guy who did breaking madden also i dont have a better place to put this

but this is the proest click in the history of pro clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

Pretty good is a real good series.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat, thanks for making me discover this pretty good series.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pretty..... good.....

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Stolen from the Star Citizen thread: https://imgur.com/Rq9zqLP

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Regrettable posted:

Sometimes you gotta poop, and you're just trying to keep it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Regrettable posted: