Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/heerjeet/status/841030641382653952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

chapo invite the jeet

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I think he'd be a good guest

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the goon mindset

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

REAL FUCKKIN NAPOLEON HOURS SMASH THE MF LIKE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zikan posted:

chapo invite the jeet

jeet go on cum town

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
jeet sexes all the hottest bhabhis.

big nipples, big life.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

What happened to Amber and what the gently caress is a nick mullen ty god bless

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

slicing up eyeballs posted:

What happened to Amber and what the gently caress is a nick mullen ty god bless
Amber deactivates when she needs to write or whatever.

Nick is a comedian and known associate of war criminals.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I had to go find the cum town thread to find out that surprise, it's incomprehensible Internet drama? Nobody seems to have screenshotted the original offense lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"Wario is Algerian"

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I had to go find the cum town thread to find out that surprise, it's incomprehensible Internet drama? Nobody seems to have screenshotted the original offense lol

from what I understand there is no 'original offence'. The Perpetually Woke side of Twitter found some old tweets that were jokes that involved rape (the closest to an actual 'rape joke' was a genuinely solid joke about wishing a scandal about a comicon regular raping people came out so he could call them Bill Cosplay) and basically demanded the dry boys weigh in and somehow censure Cum Town with their power as the Podcast Popes I guess? Then a bunch of pointless circular firing squad poo poo where people had meltdowns over how many mutuals of theirs also followed Cum Town guys and demanded they unfollow and rebuke them.

It's literally one of the dumbest things.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tatum Girlparts posted:

from what I understand there is no 'original offence'. The Perpetually Woke side of Twitter found some old tweets that were jokes that involved rape (the closest to an actual 'rape joke' was a genuinely solid joke about wishing a scandal about a comicon regular raping people came out so he could call them Bill Cosplay) and basically demanded the dry boys weigh in and somehow censure Cum Town with their power as the Podcast Popes I guess? Then a bunch of pointless circular firing squad poo poo where people had meltdowns over how many mutuals of theirs also followed Cum Town guys and demanded they unfollow and rebuke them.

It's literally one of the dumbest things.

This?
https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/840937139156221953

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea it was like 4 or 5 very clearly not actual rape jokes where the point was either 'get it because if you ACTUALLY think rape jokes are funny you ARE saying 'it's funny because a woman got raped' and that's lovely' like that or just absurd things that were mainly about how childish he is like 'Bill Cosplay'.

These are Pressing Issues now and the Chapo boys MUST speak out against the evils of Cum Town.

I think my favorite reaction was all the people saying 'yea I'm shocked the dude in the podcast called Cum Town has a sense of humor that's childish and gross'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Basically surprising no one near everyone who started this weird irony witch hunt and purge also wound up posting poo poo like

https://twitter.com/spnbmb/status/841096855899398144

by the end

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I've also seen some saltiness regarding Chapo's supposed influence among DSA twitter people and how their proximity to Mullen and Cum Town is now a problem for the DSA that needs to be discussed.

It's basically "Let's play 'Six Degrees of Problematic'" because lefty/tankie twitter is bored and their classic circular firing squad instincts are ramping up.

I'm utterly ashamed that I'm even aware of this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh yea, that too, all the people who did this JUST HAPPENED to instantly turn it to "And Chapo likes the DSA, and refuse to publicly flog him as punishment...So that means the DSA supports him too, and now if they don't publicly denounce him they too are bad irony boys who must be purged."

Like, to be clear I don't think this was some elaborate anti-DSA hit job, but I do think the kinds of people who get angry at a kinda lovely joke they don't get from 2 years ago and demand their mutuals unfollow the person who made it are also the exact same ones who think the DSA is some group of parasites who are going to murder the True Left

also one of the people on my timeline who got retweeted calling for a joint DSA/Chapo condemnation had an icon that was Hillary's logo and Hamilton's mashed up and that was all I needed to see

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
In summation, it was the dumbest fight of all time and made twitter insufferable all day

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
https://twitter.com/PhilGreaves01/status/840954814234263553

Lol even Greavesy has a cum town take now

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Phil is very anti-Cum.

https://twitter.com/PhilGreaves01/status/629921058594926592

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol that was in reference to the account @kim_taastic, who used to use the display name "Mao Makes Me Cum." She got permabanned though, rip

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

the anti-cum sentiment that all levels of left twitter are currently experiencing disgusts me on a personal level

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Nick talked about trying to get Weev and Sam Hyde on the show, never happened, but uh at some point you have to raise an eyebrow, even if he is friends with lefty people you like.

like, Patton Oswalt is apparently buddies with A Wyatt Mann and Jim Goad. are some people just willing to ignore the political beliefs of people they like just so long as they don't stand to get hurt?

Adam was funny on Chapo at least.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I kinda wish people would stop making ironic jokes about sensitive topics on twitter because there's no context, anyone can just pull a post out of someone's timeline then it's a never ending shitflinging contest in which everyone is insufferable

I also wish I could burn twitter to the ground because it loving sucks rear end

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Twitter's really just the latest in a trend that's been in vogue since the first soundbite, which is to suck all the nuance out of any given political position and reduce it into an Us-vs.-Them debate where any attempt to approach the issue from a different angle is met with accusations of supporting the "enemy" from both sides. It's not conducive to solving anyone's problems with the current state of the world.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

In summation, it was the dumbest fight of all time and made twitter insufferable all day
yo twitter is always insufferable and is 99.9% a loving wasteland

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

QuantaStarFire posted:

Twitter's really just the latest in a trend that's been in vogue since the first soundbite, which is to suck all the nuance out of any given political position and reduce it into an Us-vs.-Them debate where any attempt to approach the issue from a different angle is met with accusations of supporting the "enemy" from both sides. It's not conducive to solving anyone's problems with the current state of the world.

Politics is essentially adversarial and has never been based on synthesising two opposing viewpoints into an enlightened way forward.

You can disagree if you're weirdly into Hegelian dialectics about the efficacy, but bemoaning the death of the reasoned, rational political debate just makes you look obtuse and stupid.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

isn't taking out-of-context screenshots of dumb things people say on twitter and mocking them like half the chapo boys' content though?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I would argue that the internet as a system of communication trends towards tribalism when it comes to political thought since systems influence behaviour and humans are assholes which makes political discourse more extreme

and also im gay

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

I would argue that im gay

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I don't remember arguing that maybe these drugs are stronger than I thought

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/sadladbukharin/status/840591916773363713

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TBF, it doesn't help that the folk who're defending Mullen have dragged out people for milder tweets. It doesn't help either that the response is the same to people who've been with the Chapo Boys (And Gal) for a long time demanding if anything a "Mullen's my pal and has disvowed stuff like that", if we look at the response EyePeyser and Roqyaha is getting. It doesn't help that if anything, there's a weirder response to creating this philosophy of dealing with this that could both justify Dsa pr people of defending the guy without necessarily implyi g that he's an important figure, so you get this incoherent as gently caress "These subnormals sure care a lot what happens on twitter, also we must defend this guy from twitter becaus ehe's jmportant, but not really".

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/840994004661633031

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Politics is essentially adversarial and has never been based on synthesising two opposing viewpoints into an enlightened way forward.

You can disagree if you're weirdly into Hegelian dialectics about the efficacy, but bemoaning the death of the reasoned, rational political debate just makes you look obtuse and stupid.

I guess what I'd like to see happen is for liberals to reassess their ideology, perhaps look at what the other side's been saying regarding abandoned factories and empty storefronts and poo poo, and translate that rhetoric into actual policy solutions that would help revitalize those communities. Instead, libs are convinced that they don't have to change and the solution is to just lib harder than before and hope for the best. There's no introspection, no taking a look historically at America and the West and gleaning insight from that history in an attempt to solve present-day problems, just stay the course and hope for better next time. It's insanity.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kunster posted:

TBF, it doesn't help that the folk who're defending Mullen have dragged out people for milder tweets. It doesn't help either that the response is the same to people who've been with the Chapo Boys (And Gal) for a long time demanding if anything a "Mullen's my pal and has disvowed stuff like that", if we look at the response EyePeyser and Roqyaha is getting. It doesn't help that if anything, there's a weirder response to creating this philosophy of dealing with this that could both justify Dsa pr people of defending the guy without necessarily implyi g that he's an important figure, so you get this incoherent as gently caress "These subnormals sure care a lot what happens on twitter, also we must defend this guy from twitter becaus ehe's jmportant, but not really".

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/840994004661633031

To sum up:
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/840982707534462979

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

hmmm...almost like all of humanity does this...

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just messy and annoying to see non acknowledgement of that as both this concrete sign of well adjustedness and political platform.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I think this is all just a big misunderstanding. they don't ACTUALLY record the podcast in the Anthony Cumia studios, that's just a bit

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Weev being invited on Cum Town is worth it because we found out he declined because he was worried about what his Nazi buddies would think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
New Ep is out

That's a very good Gorka impression