Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Shrapnig posted:

Does anyone know how much Lincoln made on the tie/cup run in total? I'm sure it was astronomical for a club their size.

From February:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/chairman-bob-dorrian-delighted-as-fa-cup-run-boosts-lincoln-s-finances-1-8400093 posted:

Saturday's 1-0 win at Premier League Burnley made the club at least £500,000 and a potential clash with giants Arsenal lies in wait for City if fellow non-League club Sutton fail to pull off another shock on Monday night.

Dorrian, who missed the game as he is in South Africa, is pinching himself and told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: " We probably made gross...close to half a million just out of the Burnley tie and almost certainly we're going to get another £250,000 TV money.

"The money from the gate revenue at Arsenal is difficult to calculate really but let's say they had 50,000 people there [it was actually 59,454], I think that would take us to close to half a million again. So over the two games - Burnley and Arsenal - we could probably make gross about a million pounds.

This is how things were going the same time last year:

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/lincoln-city-finally-finances-keel/story-28802487-detail/story.html posted:

While the Imps can boast better finances this year, the club still has issues to look into. Of the £165,000 raised last year, £108,000 of that was through the issuing of bonds.

The idea allowed applicants to invest £1,000 to £10,000 in the club and benefit from an interest of three per cent. It means two years down the line the club will have to look into paying that debt back.

Cooke, though, believes that is still a long way ahead.

"We are well aware of the situation," said Cooke. "However, two years down the line things could be very different. If we are promoted we will be operating on a different financial structure.

"What we can certainly feel is that we are heading in the right direction right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Now for the bloodbath

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Kane already broken because Janssen is garbage

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Anyone know how to send an ankle to North London?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

That could be a ligament injury for Kane, his ankle bent at a 90 degree angle

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That's Spurs hosed in the league if Kane is out for an extended period of time.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shrapnig posted:

That's Spurs hosed in the league if Kane is out for an extended period of time.

:getin:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
He's a proper englishman, they'll rub some dirt on it and he'll run it off.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

International break coming up might help a bit.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Nice hit by Eriksen. Forwards are overrated.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:looks around:

what a hit, son

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Tidy goals, them

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Can the Millwall fans start a riot or something because this game has been dull as gently caress

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

black guy coming on for Millwall. Awkward.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think trippier should play for england he's way better than rose or that other one

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Breath Ray posted:

I think trippier should play for england he's way better than rose or that other one

But Trippier is a right back and Rose is a left back.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I reckon trip could do a job on the left too

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
tidy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Janssen scoring a goal lol

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Today is a good day.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Jose posted:

Janssen scoring a goal lol

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nearly 2 even

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

That neatly summed up the match

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/Franklinaire/status/840936461545414659

I hope Millwall fans have learnt a valuable lesson today

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

HJB posted:

https://twitter.com/Franklinaire/status/840936461545414659

I hope Millwall fans have learnt a valuable lesson today

quote:

Son was subjected to chants of “DVD” and “He’s selling three for a fiver” from the visiting enclosure. The reference to selling DVDs is considered to be a racist slur when directed at an Asian person. After Son’s first goal the Tottenham right-back, Kyle Walker, who was an unused substitute, pointed towards the Millwall fans – in an apparent acknowledgment of the chants.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Man United will play tomorrow vs Chelsea with zero strikers as Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial are injured, Marcus Rashford is ill and Zlatan is suspended

RIP

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

eleven extra elephants posted:

Man United will play tomorrow vs Chelsea with zero strikers as Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial are injured, Marcus Rashford is ill and Zlatan is suspended

RIP

Fellaini, please

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

RIP

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gee I can't wait to watch Chelsea - united *vomits*

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RIP

We are getting bummed so bad.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PirateBob posted:

We are getting bummed so bad.

Mou will troll the poo poo out of Chelsea with some horrible tactics to force a replay

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

julian assflange posted:

Mou will troll the poo poo out of Chelsea with some horrible tactics to force a replay

A strategy with just one flaw.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Rashford starting

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lot 49 posted:

A strategy with just one flaw.

Lol.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Costa, Hazard.
Subs: Begovic, Terry, Zouma, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro, Batshuayi.

Manchester United: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Rojo; Valencia, Herrera, Pogba, Darmian; Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Young.
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Lingard, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata.

So either United are playing five at the back or one of Valencia or Damian is playing in midfield.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Matic, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Costa, Hazard.
Subs: Begovic, Terry, Zouma, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro, Batshuayi.

Manchester United: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Rojo; Valencia, Herrera, Pogba, Darmian; Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Young.
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Lingard, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata.

So either United are playing five at the back or one of Valencia or Damian is playing in midfield.

Darmian played wingback for a long time before he ever played fullback really. Of course given the situation it's definitely 5 at the back.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
DOes anybody have a stream for this exciting FA cup game?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's on BBC 1 who needs a stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jose posted:

It's on BBC 1 who needs a stream

Thanks, didn't know that!