Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Turd Herder posted:

How did he get an extra charge?

There's really really sneaky editing in there as its the result of two or more matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fuze also gets 3 charges now by default because god hates you.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Orv posted:

Fuze also gets 3 charges now by default because god hates you.

*shunk* *beep* *bloop bloop bloop*

SMP
May 5, 2009

AnElegantPeacock posted:

*shunk* *beep* *bloop bloop bloop*

you forgot a bloop because god hates you

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

SMP posted:

you forgot a bloop because god hates you

God doesn't hate me. I play Smoke like god intended so I'm never anywhere near the room getting fuzed. I'm off roaming doing wicked sick poo poo with my SMG.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I just had a game where Doc would just lay prone on top of the armor as soon as Rook dropped it preventing anyone from picking armor up.

I retaliated by meleeing the armor to destroy it which then resulted in Doc chasing me all around the Bank trying to teamkill me and at the same time I was trying to avoid his fire I managed to get two of the attackers before dying to a 3rd.

Fix your game Hard.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

I just had a game where Doc would just lay prone on top of the armor as soon as Rook dropped it preventing anyone from picking armor up.

I retaliated by meleeing the armor to destroy it which then resulted in Doc chasing me all around the Bank trying to teamkill me and at the same time I was trying to avoid his fire I managed to get two of the attackers before dying to a 3rd.

Fix your game Hard.

Welcome to casual. Went 1 v 2 earlier, and someone wanted kick me for taking my time and not rushing like they did. Still won.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Were they together? I've run into a lot of Rook/Doc combos trying to use his armor to give one of them a bunch of extra lives and throwing fits if anyone else takes one.

I've never seen it work, ever, since one of them usually gets headshot or just double tapped when they go down.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/13n6c
C4 tossin'.

https://streamable.com/09lip
Bad lightin'. (seriously, it is impossible to see that guy)

https://streamable.com/ecdp0
Air fuzin'.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we know when the next CTU is being added? I'm away until May so curious if it'll be added for when I return

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Do we know when the next CTU is being added? I'm away until May so curious if it'll be added for when I return
It was stated for May release on the roadmap, so you'll cut it close with the release, if they follow through with the schedule.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sweet. May use that as a reason to hop onto the game proper with ranked. Do we know which CTU it is or just out of the remaining ones shown before?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Sweet. May use that as a reason to hop onto the game proper with ranked. Do we know which CTU it is or just out of the remaining ones shown before?
Hong Kong.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Has there been any info on possible abilities?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nickname Pending posted:

Has there been any info on possible abilities?

People found out at some point there was a bolt action animation added in one of the recent patches when their guns bugged out.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Also there was that tweet with a thermal scope

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nice one of my favourite places!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If it's Hong Kong they were probably inspired by Jackie Chan movies, so my guess is the gadget will be a chair.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
HK operator ability is a shotgun that actually works from more than a foot and sends the enemy flying.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Also there was that tweet with a thermal scope

That showed Glaz.
I wonder if we're going to get thermals on other guns though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

lohli posted:

That showed Glaz.
I wonder if we're going to get thermals on other guns though.

They're teasing the idea of a sniper with thermals. They wouldn't want to show off everything

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're teasing the idea of a sniper with thermals. They wouldn't want to show off everything

Or it's leading to an april fools joke.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Sultan Tarquin posted:

HK operator ability is a shotgun that actually works from more than a foot and sends the enemy flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZuhYJynSk8

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
"We are looking at March 15th for the Mid-Season Reinforcement."

Buff/Nerf predictions?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

was bored and doing some t-hunt dailies but the que was taking too long so i just tried to solo it:

...turns out glaz is good at that because he is an elite and highly disciplined sniper has claymores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E13yNRirDow

never knew you could do this because when you play with random people they just immediately plant the defuser.

i like the idea of glaz being the closest this game gets to having a sniper class but if they add more it doesn't really matter because he is also the king of hipshots which brings back memories of the earliest CoD games where you didn't even have to really aim down the scope when indoors since it is a 1-2 hit kill.

been finding myself using the russian reflex sight more than the scope ability anyway unless i'm camping outside for easy kills

a bolt action/thermal would be cool if given to the defenders. you would probably see more meaningful potshots around the edges of the building than the usual GSG acog spawnkill attempts that are seemingly useless against an experienced team because there are A LOT of places to hide in the outskirts of the map. i see a lot of bitching about level design in this game but i think they did a great job in that regard even though it kills the FPS and goes unused for most players.

Carecat posted:

"We are looking at March 15th for the Mid-Season Reinforcement."

Buff/Nerf predictions?

Mute - Wifi router not so loud anymore
Capitao - SAW tweaks?
Doc - More :catdrugs:!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSEBW5bsNeE

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2lv7cXCIQ

Sirreal
Jul 27, 2014
Leaked picture of the next operator.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Bets on which operator will get mysteriously broken next? My money's on Thatcher.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
if you mean broken good it will the new operator released, again

and again
and again
and again

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Just out of curiosity (considering I've only had the game barely 2 months), what have been some of the big changes among the operators since release? As in who has been buffed/nerfed and how? Just wondering.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Just out of curiosity (considering I've only had the game barely 2 months), what have been some of the big changes among the operators since release? As in who has been buffed/nerfed and how? Just wondering.

Well for starters Blackbeard was a death machine. He had 1 shield but it rarely, if ever, broke in a normal match. He was also much quicker in terms of ADS and such. Frost's shotgun had more range and totally outclassed her SMG. Buck's shotgun used to make teeny tiny baby killholes. Smoke's gas grenades were thrown underhand so you couldn't throw them nearly as far. Doc was not originally able to heal himself or overheal anyone. Pulse's heartbeat sensor used to update periodically rather than constantly.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more but those are the main ones. Grenades types got swapped around on a few ops as well.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Montagne, Twitch, Blackbeard, Kapkan, Tachanka, Doc, and Pulse all got huge overhauls, as I remember. Montagne's shield didn't used to extend sideways (so he was pretty worthless- as I remember, blitz was actually the most common shield to see before that), twitch only got one drone and couldn't use it during prep, blackbeard only had one shield but it was much stronger, kapkan's lasers had a giant hook revealing their position and glowed the brightest and most fluorescent of reds, tachanka didn't have his shield, doc's darts could only be used for revives (no healing), and pulse got his gadget overhauled for way better visibility, it used to be much harder to use. Maybe there's some more I'm forgetting too.

Then some other balance changes have made some operators play pretty differently too. Frost used to be a goddess until they nerfed her auto shotgun like hell (it needed it) and took away her nitro cells. Actually a lot more operators used to have nitro cells in general before they added impact grenades. And shields didn't have resistance to explosives too back then, so they were pretty much worthless for a while. Thermite used to actually be fun back in the day when he had frag grenades. Fuze and bandit both got extra charges, Valkyrie used to have one more camera, thatcher's emps used to have an insanely large range. A lot of general weapon changes too, the game has changed a lot over the past year.

edit: oh yeah right, I forgot how bad buck used to be. IQ's gadget got changed too, you couldn't see through it back in the day. Wow it was useless.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 13, 2017

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Sounds like a completely different game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nickname Pending posted:

Fuze got more pucks, larger puck radius, and an extra charge.
Tachanka got a lovely shield for his DP28 that does nothing to fix the fact that he's bad.
Montagne got side panels for his shield and explosion resistance.
Thermite got hosed 6 ways from sunday (lost frags, lost stuns, lost the only muzzle attachment that made his gun not rear end)
Sledge got hit with SMG nerfs and lost fullsize sledge holes
Smoke got buffed with actual throwable smoke grenades (previously you tossed them at your feet like a moron) but lost C4 in favor of impacts. No longer sniper SMG-11
Thatcher had his grenade radius buffed and then nerfed and for SOME REASON still has the AR-33 have a giant dropoff.
Capitao lost grenades and got claymores instead; also the Para got nerfed 3 separate times
Frost got a buff to her SMG which is now literally a tack driver
Kapkan got his traps made way less noticeable but is still fat and his shotgun still sucks
Twitch now can use both her drones at the same time, during the drone phase, and they're pretty much silent except for shocking. DMR is now good
Caveira's pistol got buffed so its actually useful at ranges beyond 'i am already physically touching you', lost c4 for impacts
IQ got gadget buffed, and now has frags
Buck's shotgun had ranged between decent and bad for hole making but is good now. DMR also better than it was
Glaz has claymores but is still pretty much the same as he was, originally had a blood red filter on his scope making it impossible to see poo poo
Mute's radius for his jammers are much bigger than they were previously
Bandit now has an extra zapper
Valkyrie lost a camera.
Pulse's gadget got buffed, nerfed, buffed, and nerfed.
Castle lost a gadget (no idea what it was) in favor of impacts
Blackbeard now has a shield you can actually break and two of them, so he's not invincible
Ash's G36 got buffed so now she has two insanely good guns
Doc can now stim himself and other players without them being down
Rook got impact grenades
Jager's gadgets won't double up on the same grenade anymore

Echo and Hibana are pretty much identical since they're brand new except Echo's drone has a bug that will get you killed
Blitz is still the same, and still bad
Any semi-auto shotgun now has a super low pickrate because they triple nerfed in damage, range, and spread
Pump actions still pretty awful
Damage model for bullets against walls changed, pretty much hosed Thermite hard with it

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 13, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKiwuhC_7w

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
:wrong: Sledge's hole are still full sized if you crouch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

:wrong: Sledge's hole are still full sized if you crouch

https://streamable.com/9jd4m Being able to rush in was pretty nice.

• Locked thread