Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Hogama posted:

The announcement also promised changes to other 6* abilities, and new 6* abilities.

So there may be hope for Northern Cross and the like yet!

How about better access to crystals!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hogama posted:

The announcement also promised changes to other 6* abilities, and new 6* abilities.

So there may be hope for Northern Cross and the like yet!

Probably Crushdown, Reraise, and Quadruple Foul will get buffed since Crushdown barely gets used and Reraise and QF are probably the two least-used abilities in the game, for good reason. I could see them tweaking some of the weaker mote 6* skills like Penalty Snipe too (hey guys did you remember Penalty Snipe exists? :v:)

It will be cool to see if they add a 6* Dance, but the new ability schools like Sharpshooter and Witch are so blah I don't even know what they could give them that wouldn't be boring as hell.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

8 hits on an attack you can hone, and that gets stronger if you're hasted? :psyduck: Suddenly Dervish has a lot more potential than it had at first.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Little less than half an hour to get any VII stuff you're still missing.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Missed out on the Cid Mission due to not having a medica on Aerith, and couldn't quite get through U++, which is disappointing considering how much mythril I wasted on the two banners. :smith:

I've got a good physical team at least now, and after the anniversary I can afford to be a bit choosier on banners.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Got hype, stayed hype, pulled on the second banner for Cid's Metamorphoses Claws

3/11. Howling Blade, Cid's Gloves, and Meteorblaze. Not bad for booby prizes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

only duplicate on the banner was noel's burst soul break and i was sitting on a bunch of mythril so i rolled the dice. got cid's burst and super (and noel's super) making him not only solidly on my a-team but also my first owner of any native team magic boost whatsoever.

edit: wait that's a lie i forgot i had alphinaud with both deployment tactics and air blast

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 13, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, I'm sitting on 300 mythril for the upcoming event, so I'm fairly happy.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I was sitting on 102 mythril, so I said "gently caress it, go for CID RAINES".

Got Serah's Meteorblaze. Which I'll take. Just... need someone that'd benefit from them.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I'm at almost 200 (over 200 with the 9 I'm missing from the weekend giveaway I didn't get), and I really could use a 13 medica and wouldn't mind the Raines burst, but I'm going to wait until we get the anniversary data mine to decide to draw on either (and probably attempt the Cid Mission unless I find it easy with a normal team)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I'm sitting at just over 300 mithril. That Cid BSB is tempting, but not really liking the rest of the banner. I've learned never to chase one relic.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Wow, second straight 5* off 100 gem.

Banner 1 - Flamberge
Banner 2 - Raine's SSB

I'm at 102 myth so not really feeling I should throw half my wad at it with anniversary coming up soon, even if I like most of the stuff on this banner.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

widespread posted:

I was sitting on 102 mythril, so I said "gently caress it, go for CID RAINES".

Got Serah's Meteorblaze. Which I'll take. Just... need someone that'd benefit from them.

hey (former) 102 myth buddy.

I think I'll learn from your cautionary tale.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Caved because I wanted the Raines BSB, ended up with two of Raines's SSB's (both dupes) and Vanille's USB, which I feel like is still a strong pull. Part of me is just happy for the +10 stat bump on my best healer; am I overestimating how much that's worth?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Stopgap posted:

Caved because I wanted the Raines BSB, ended up with two of Raines's SSB's (both dupes) and Vanille's USB, which I feel like is still a strong pull. Part of me is just happy for the +10 stat bump on my best healer; am I overestimating how much that's worth?

Yeah a bit.

But status blink is pretty badass.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Pander posted:

Wow, second straight 5* off 100 gem.

Banner 1 - Flamberge
Banner 2 - Raine's SSB

I'm at 102 myth so not really feeling I should throw half my wad at it with anniversary coming up soon, even if I like most of the stuff on this banner.

Hey look, another buddy with another 5* 100 Gem. In my case, it's a THIRD Raines' SSB.

I guess I now have a 8* caster glove...??

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

HPanda posted:

I'm sitting at just over 300 mithril. That Cid BSB is tempting, but not really liking the rest of the banner. I've learned never to chase one relic.

Well, luckily, I pulled 2 copies of Cids BSB on the last banner it was up, so I haven't pulled on anything since.
I wanted to pull on FF*, since it's my favorite, but eh, Mythril isn't going anywhere, and I'll be pulling soon anyway.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

I'm at 105 and holding off on my husbando Balthier and Aeris's USB was loving killing me

Bring on the Lucky Draws before I crack please

I have no idea how the hell the people with 500 - or 1000+ - mythril hold out. Surely they're making some cash pulls.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've never got anything from a 100gem pull. What are the odds on that anyway?

I'm looking forward to the next Tactics event, and later its going to be hell with X, IV, VIII all coming in a row with poo poo I want. I also kind of feel like pulling on the III banners if mythril permits. I kind of doubt I'll have anything left to spend on a Cloud USB.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm looking forward to the next Tactics event, and later its going to be hell with X, IV, VIII all coming in a row with poo poo I want. I also kind of feel like pulling on the III banners if mythril permits. I kind of doubt I'll have anything left to spend on a Cloud USB.

Can't remember the exact number, but pretty sure the chance of getting a 5* or better item on a single pull is somewhere between 10-13%.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and this is a weird sentiment, but does anybody else kind of like how big the item pools are on stuff like the Combat Lucky? Even if it means there's more stuff you don't want in the pool, if you're already clearing endgame content it's really not a big deal and it makes it possible to be pleasantly surprised by an unexpected get that immediately makes a weird character you like viable.

By contrast, I'm mostly just disappointed by not getting the one or two things I actually want on smaller pool banners, even if the "average" pull may be better.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Odds on 100 gem pulls are the same as every other single 5 mythril/300 gem pull. Which is to say it's currently... a 13% chance? 14%? at a 5* or higher. Somewhere around there. Less than 15% but more than 12%.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

RIP, month-long double Greens campaign.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vanille's USB completely trivializes the U++ fight, god drat. Wish I had it native.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Pulled on Banner 2 for Cid's BSB, and I get... 3 copies of Noel's SSB sword and 2 copies of Snow's SSB fists. Thanks game :(

Lately I've gotten many pulls like this. Apparently the gacha thinks I need 5 of Ovelia's staff.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

HPanda posted:

Hope's bsb has a self faith that stacks with most other faith buffs.

Serah's ssb is a faithga that also stacks with nearly everything (mag/mind is pretty rare) and a hastega.

Vanille's usb is nice if only because recent challenging fights have mostly been challenging due to debuffs.

So four relics I'd be pulling for, including metamorphosis.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Oh, there's definitely nice stuff. Just nothing too worth it given what I already have, apart from Cid BSB. That's the only item that'd be a large enough upgrade to warrant mithril this close to anniversary banners in my situation.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Serah's ssb is a faithga that also stacks with nearly everything (mag/mind is pretty rare) and a hastega.

Yeah, people shrug off Serah's SSB but it's equivalent to Sheepsong or its contemporaries, if not slightly better since it can stack with those.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I did 3 pulls on banner 2 cause I wanted cid's bsb, got it on the third pull so I should be golden now. I still have about 75 mythril left to hang on to. I also ended up with noel's bsb and ssb, and 2 flamberges that i combined and a dupe snow ssb that i also combined. Not bad really considering 2 bsbs one of which I've been chasing for a few banners.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Fister Roboto posted:

Vanille's USB completely trivializes the U++ fight, god drat. Wish I had it native.

gently caress, I'm using her as my A-team healer since she's my only native Medica and I really want that staff. I need to save for anniversary poo poo though. :(

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well ok game, guess I'll keep using Hope now and then. +Holy and +Atk on the gloves means that somebody else is going to use these more often, though.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
You fuckers got me to pull with all your Raines and USB hype. Battle Standard and Howling Soul. :argh:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I decided to do a pull on the fist banner, but only got lightning's enlightning ssb. I mean, it's better than nothing, but poor sazh needs something to make him worthwhile in that realm.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Woo, I'm the idiot that tried to get Cid's BSB and got Flamberge as the only 5* on the pull.

:boom:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Now that I look at it, lightning's second ssb is really sweet. 8 aoe attacks of lightning and non-elemental, with enlightning ontop of that. It's a straight up upgrade from her original ssb, which was pretty solid to begin with.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a real edge-case theory-crafting spreadsheet-calcuation of a question but i figure that that's exactly the right kind of question to ask on an internet forum for videogames: is it better to go "apply weakness" soul break -> "boost element" soul break or vice versa? I.e. I've got Agrias' burst soul break that makes an enemy holy weak and her new super that gives her holy boost. is there any real difference in effect depending on the order i use them?

(it's even more of a moot point because i've also got cleansing strike so excess soul meter is usually going towards that anyway)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cowcaster posted:

it's a real edge-case theory-crafting spreadsheet-calcuation of a question but i figure that that's exactly the right kind of question to ask on an internet forum for videogames: is it better to go "apply weakness" soul break -> "boost element" soul break or vice versa? I.e. I've got Agrias' burst soul break that makes an enemy holy weak and her new super that gives her holy boost. is there any real difference in effect depending on the order i use them?

(it's even more of a moot point because i've also got cleansing strike so excess soul meter is usually going towards that anyway)

It's better to go to Enelement before Imperil, assuming you don't have any other characters that are making use of that element. Enelements give SBs of that element +80% damage, which is much more than the +20% Imperils give.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Do Enelements remain in effect for an entire fight or do they fall off at any point?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You can see the enelement effect on the hero that cast it. For instance the ice one creates a big ice crystal around the character, and enlightening creates a glowing electric circle around the hero. When that fades then the enelement has worn off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

3 11x pulls on the banner
4/11 first one, 2 howling souls, 2 Raine's glove
1/11 Flamberge (Seriously only missing Lightnings OSB at this point and I have never gone out of my way relic hunting for her)
2/11 Hope's Glove, Raine's glove, sure whatever. Hope can have a spot on my mage team.

100 gem pull was Battle Standard
Apparently I'm supposed to get all the gloves, but no claws.

• Locked thread