Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

corn dog Elder. haha. been on my mind all day and night long. now I can get some rest

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Let's be honest, they both need to shut up.

I think the only thing that can save this thread is more posting from me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Roasted Donut posted:

far be it from me to ever defend doltos but jesus christ shut up

There have been a lot of times I've thought Daltos should shut up but never in the draft thread

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

There have been a lot of times I've thought Daltos should shut up but never in the draft thread

Haha funniest post in the thread

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
draft corn elder imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

For an Achilles injury, he seems to be doing alright

Wake's Achilles was similar. Looked like he'd just pulled his hammy or something.

What happens here, presume some enterprising team takes him in the 3rd and hopes for the best?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
You can't win with a team full of choir boys. I'd take Mixon at 3-1 if he is there and no better option is available.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

You can't win with a team full of choir boys. I'd take Mixon at 3-1 if he is there and no better option is available.

Why draft another RB?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He is a first round pick without the wife beating part, an elite talent. Crow and Duke are just OK IMHO, we could use an elite back to go with our new O-line, but maybe just going all D and 1 WR is the plan for now?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Michael Corleone posted:

He is a first round pick without the wife beating part, an elite talent. Crow and Duke are just OK IMHO, we could use an elite back to go with our new O-line, but maybe just going all D and 1 WR is the plan for now?

Mixon never hit his wife.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

Crow was getting almost 5ypc behind that dumpster fire of a line last year, I think he can do better especially if we stay in games longer and he gets fed the ball more than 20 times a game. And Duke is a great compliment to him. I see no reason on upsetting that balance.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kalensc posted:

No, we are not here.You are somewhere ugly, a castaway from reason

Perhaps you posted that as a sad joke (a sad, yet preferable, outcome).

Otherwise, you opted to declare that you take the rebellious stance of supporting (in your words) "a woman beater", and somehow you think that the TFF posters forced your hand.

(Much like Mixon forced his hand on the beaten woman)

Doltos, the potential merit of your draft analysis is rendered moot when your moral compass is so visibly broken.

Mixon is now in my top 25

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

kalensc posted:

Otherwise, you opted to declare that you take the rebellious stance of supporting (in your words) "a woman beater", and somehow you think that the TFF posters forced your hand.

Doltos, the potential merit of your draft analysis is rendered moot when your moral compass is so visibly broken.

🤔 A Castaway from Reason is the name of my favorite Bon Jovi record

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

kalensc posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up. you loving Bitch. Nobody wants to hear this grandstanding bullshit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Joe Mixon is a bar fighter, not a wife beater or dometstic violencer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

89 posted:

So we can get him in the 6th

To bad Baalke isn't still around to draft him in the first

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't know who Joe Mixon was so I went to Wikipedia to find out what he did and the parking citation story doesn't get enough attention.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
gently caress Joe Mixon. My team already has an unrepentant rapist, I don't need that poo poo too.

TFF tries so hard to buck whatever is conventional wisdom that it's as predictable as scouts falling in love with a tall QB who's got a rocket arm. Mixon's a piece of poo poo who's shown no penitence whatsoever and has at least two incidents that make it seem like a pattern. Whether or not you find it morally repugnant you should be aware of the league's aggressive stance towards violence against women when deciding when to draft him. If other people agreeing that he's a piece of garbage causes your tiny rebellious spirit to flare up and take a counter stance on the internet that he should go in the first maybe you should reconsider whether being an internet contrarian is remotely useful in this setting.

For myself, keep him the gently caress away from the Bucs.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 12, 2017

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

DNS posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up. you loving Bitch. Nobody wants to hear this grandstanding bullshit

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

aware of the league's aggressive stance towards violence against women

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Unemployed

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is this what it feels like when I go into other threads and poo poo everything up?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You speak of feelings, yet it is known that ye have none. the only thing worse than harming someone is going to the online and supporting that person.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

warcrimes posted:

Unemployed

It sucks being unemployed with millions of dollars in the bank account.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't give a poo poo if the Chiefs took Joe Mixon. They already drafted Tyreek and poo poo at least Mixon didn't abuse a pregnant woman.

gently caress it, go full nWo.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
mixon is not better than perine that's my mixon take

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol oh good at least relentless got to grandstand as well

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

mixon is not better than perine that's my mixon take

this is the really funny part, all this handwringing about Joe Mixon and he wasn't even the best goddamn RB on his own team

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

this is the really funny part, all this handwringing about Joe Mixon and he wasn't even the best goddamn RB on his own team

He wasn't, but I'd argue he was the better NFL prospect pretty easily even though I like Perine quite a bit.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles Reddit has their penis shoved pretty far up Mixon's booty hole.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

89 posted:

It sucks being unemployed with millions of dollars in the bank account.

Yeah but he's got so many beds full of guns he needs to buy

Those can't be cheap in the quantity that he needs them.

Also, I support the browns drafting mixon so they can be hateable and pathetic rather than just pathetic

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Who is this Tennessee RB that I've seen a few people mock to the Bucs? Kamara or some such. Why the hell is he going in the first?

Should have thrown in a "when it's convenient and for the express purposes of covering their own asses" there somewhere.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol oh good at least relentless got to grandstand as well

Who's grandstanding. Y'all can't decide if violent actions are a reason to hate a player/team or not. Talent is clearly not the sole criteria by which even goons evaluate players so it's some sliding scale based on whatever you find personally repugnant vs just how talented/vital the player is. It's the same trap the league falls into, except the league has a much heavier lean towards talent trumping all.

This is a really fun example too because we've got actual video evidence so unlike Jameis or Roethlisberger who we love to poo poo on but never got convicted, this dude straight up did the thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People grandstanding about being against grandstanding is the new meta.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I will do some grandstanding and say that Mitchell Trubisky is poop from a butt with the worst name in this draft, and any team that takes him in the first round deserves what they get.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mitrubitsky is my biggest fear at #2

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Is there a single QB in this draft that anyone is actually excited about?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If youre not excited to watch someone with these mechanics get blown up in the nfl i don't know what to tell you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FY0MdW3smM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

I'm excited to see who the worst QB to start is and we'll know exactly who it is when they get drafted by the jets

• Locked thread