Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Nenonen posted:

It's not heated, only used in summer, so pipes would freeze and break during winter, not to mention that the church is on a desolate island so there's no infrastructure to provide pressurized water for sprinklers, anyway the only likely causes of fire would be candles, incense and lightning, and as it is well known, God protects his own :angel:

also wooden piping and sprinklers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sormus posted:

also wooden piping and sprinklers

That spray sawdust.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

Where else would you put the holes?

Roads are one option:

They are also a nice addition to your garden:

Of course why should you be satisfied with only one hole?

Why even bother with the road?

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

My theory on this one is that's a mannequin or something and it's a joke photo. There's no way that guy's holding the other dude and, if he is, there is no way he's getting back up. Also as the other guy said what the gently caress is he supposed to be measuring??

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

I guess

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"Hey, where should we put Tim's new nonsensical clip art safety poster?"

"Let's put it right here where it covers the fire extinguisher sign that's not pointing to the fire extinguisher."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

canadianclassic posted:

My theory on this one is that's a mannequin or something and it's a joke photo. There's no way that guy's holding the other dude and, if he is, there is no way he's getting back up. Also as the other guy said what the gently caress is he supposed to be measuring??

If he was holding him like that he would just fall out of his pants, unless that's actually an overall under the jacket. It still might be real photo taken for shits and giggles but there'd have to be some cables holding him up.

Two stages of Russian roads. Frozen:

Unfrozen:

Mass transit takes a different meaning in Russia:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Hey, where should we put Tim's new nonsensical clip art safety poster?"

"Let's put it right here where it covers the fire extinguisher sign that's not pointing to the fire extinguisher."

More like "we knocked the fire extinguisher off the wall when greg got drunk at lunch and got rowdy during afternoon chair hockey. Slow eddie, you find something to cover up the hole. midget tom, you re-mount the fire extinguisher"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Now you're thinking with portals!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

What's Russian for "we need more lemon pledge"?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Memento posted:

What's Russian for "we need more lemon pledge"?

"We're out of Vodka"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Mass transit takes a different meaning in Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSaw1gLfzo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*furrows brow, frowns, then carefully inserts key into the most key-sized hole in the engine*

Jesus Christ posted:

Why are there giant open holes in the street in China

Well, this isn't what's happening in the video, but when I lived in China there were always new holes on my morning bicycle ride to work because every night some of the manhole covers would get stolen.

Also once the road just collapsed right beside me from a broken sewer.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

pretend I posted the multi-track drifting anime page

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Phanatic posted:

Really, really, really NMS: http://i.imgur.com/xfJfbl9.jpg

I've always been worried about that happening. Never remove the guard on a cutoff wheel and never put side load on it. They will explode. I'm not sure how this guy had this happen. He must have had his head sideways with a guard-less cutoff wheel.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/pJRikHa.gifv

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Could have almost worked in theory. Dude didn't eyeball the angles right.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

mostlygray posted:

I've always been worried about that happening. Never remove the guard on a cutoff wheel and never put side load on it. They will explode. I'm not sure how this guy had this happen. He must have had his head sideways with a guard-less cutoff wheel.

Could have been one of these. The one pictured has a masonry blade, but you can switch them out for an abrasive wheel for cutting metal. They're meant to be held with the blade vertically, and the weight of the saw does the cutting. This guy could have been holding it horizontally to cut something, with the guard off. Then when his arms started to get tired the weight of the saw put a side load on the blade and then kablooey.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Choom Gangster posted:

This is from my hometown, Great Falls, Montana. Trust me, those guys are probably the best the area has to offer.

I was gonna say, that looked suspiciously like 10th Ave S, but I wanted to believe it was somewhere else.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Has this one been posted already?

http://i.imgur.com/pJRikHa.gifv

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Love Stole the Day posted:

Has this one been posted already?

Five posts up.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

You could try reading the thread before posting GIFs next time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The inside of the bottle with the exposed wires is also wet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The inside of the bottle with the exposed wires is also wet.

Yeah but the electricity is in the bottle; it's safe.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I wish this was a video

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
My favorite thing about that truck photo is, in trying to get twice the load off at the same time, they spent more time puzzling out how to do it and had to bring in an extra palette and whatnot, and it still broke.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Forer posted:

My favorite thing about that truck photo is, in trying to get twice the load off at the same time, they spent more time puzzling out how to do it and had to bring in an extra palette and whatnot, and it still broke.

I think they realized when it sagged that the dumb guy in the blue shirt had overloaded it, and they were looking to level it off so they could pull one of them back into the truck. Their mistake was asking dumb guy in the blue shirt to fix it. He hosed it up by accidentally pulling the lift backward.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Should have started unloading the pallets back into the truck from the top down. would have taken forever to rebuild the pallets or bomb it all in by hand but at least it wouldn't damage product/potentially crush someone's foot :shrug:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

canadianclassic posted:

Should have started unloading the pallets back into the truck from the top down. would have taken forever to rebuild the pallets or bomb it all in by hand but at least it wouldn't damage product/potentially crush someone's foot :shrug:

He was probably looking for another shortcut, thinking that he might be able to lower the lift if he could get it level with the pallet.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I think he was trying to raise the lift to put one of the pallets back, but after lifting the jack, physics happened and it pushed the jack away from the lift. It would have worked if those jacks had a brake.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

JFairfax posted:

I wish this was a video

Your wish is my command!

https://youtu.be/yNhAYKM-7LQ

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wow yeah, that first approach was close, still looked in control, not ideal conditions.

I'd love to fly a plane

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Got shown this boom lift vid in some recent training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSKjXrW3Sko

We all had a laugh, then we were shown the case of 2 guys who died when they ran over an unmarked sump which collapsed and caused them to be flung them to their deaths, which kinda took my mind off of trebuchet memes. Can't find a link covering that incident so here's Worksafe Victoria's list of incidents and prosecutions instead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Sausages posted:

We all had a laugh, then we were shown the case of 2 guys who died when they ran over an unmarked sump which collapsed and caused them to be flung them to their deaths, which kinda took my mind off of trebuchet memes.

Reminds me of the time when someone thought they won't bother following procedure, which is to always lower yourself before moving the lift, and tried to drive it while up in the air. Too bad he forgot to switch the controls from height to movement and crushed himself against the beam he was working on.

Every drat safety procedure we have is because someone died or got their legs chopped off and still loving kids* are all "why should I do that why should I do that you're not my real dad" even though they've done the same training so they should know bloody well why.

*) Some of whom are over 30.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

Yeah I can pretty much assure you it's 1KVA and not 1KVac. It looks like the transformer primary are the small leads on the right side, secondary are the larger leads on the left. Insulation is pretty gonzo on the secondary if I am looking at this right it almost looks like the high (medium) voltage Raychem heat shrink tubing for covering splices.

If someone just threw that together you may want to at the very least put a fuse on the primary side of the transformer if it's powered single phase line-neutral. (Fuse the hot wire, fuse both if its 240V Edison or 208V or some other line-to-line supply.)

Here's a better picture of the transformer.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Yeah, that says 1kW, not 1kV. 3V, 6V? That's a big fuckoff amperage because it needs to generate heat to melt through things all day long and resistive power is R*I^2, but that level of voltage is pretty much nonhazardous unless you're doing things like putting a metal object across the terminals to watch the pretty sparks, or touching the leads while covered in open wounds and salt water.

Also, use timg, those images are enormous.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Here's a better picture of the transformer.

That poor phone.