Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Was it a bullshit call then?

I'm trying to find a tweet or something with a replay but I can't since my feed is flooded with raving Milan fans (I'm reading my own tweets!). In my biased opinion, it's bullshit because the ball was kicked a meter from De Sciglio's arm and 2) it looks like it bounced off his chest in to his arm to begin with.

If this wasn't such a high profile match I would be less mad but it's like the most exquisite anti-Juventus ideal come to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'm hearing that the Milan goal was offside and there was another penalty for Juve that was not given. I couldn't watch so no idea.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it was really harsh

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
ah yeah I saw it on Deadspin of all places, pretty harsh call

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That new stadium looks awesome.

And it will be up and going by the time I plan on visiting/living there so that will be cool.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I just saw the replay of the play and de sciglio had his arm out like a dumbass, the peno was harsh but fair.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Apparently Milan players devastated the Juventus Stadium locker room lmbo

https://twitter.com/Andysaro/status/840516765750833152

Bene! Bene!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Bene! Bene!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Genova derby has been pretty good so far. Samp could complain that Cofie wasn't sent off for a second yellow, but Genoa have been better in any case.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Muriel with a nice solo goal, we're one step closer to a Ferrero pitch invasion.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Schick is very good, if the rumors about him going to Inter are true it will be bad. Torreira also had a pretty good game.

Samp were dominant in the second half, I'm glad Mandorlini is still a fraud.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Probably wrong thread, but

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/840692306755874816

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mbison yes

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
This looks like a horrible Photoshop, but I think it's real.

https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/840625092480634880

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Icardi already has a hat trick.

E: it's 5-1 at the half, Jesus

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 12, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

7-1, wtf happened in this match?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Against Atalanta of all teams. Time change hosed me up but glad to see that Fiorentina escaped a death mob ready to lynch Sousa at the last possible second.

Wife and I are planning to move to Italy. Preferably northern-ish. Enough to hop a train and watch the games but we miss the mountains and the seasons and miss the European lifestyle most importantly. 10 year max plan, 5 or so minimum.

Any ideas? Bolzano is a place that stood out to us.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Against Atalanta of all teams. Time change hosed me up but glad to see that Fiorentina escaped a death mob ready to lynch Sousa at the last possible second.

Wife and I are planning to move to Italy. Preferably northern-ish. Enough to hop a train and watch the games but we miss the mountains and the seasons and miss the European lifestyle most importantly. 10 year max plan, 5 or so minimum.

Any ideas? Bolzano is a place that stood out to us.

Better learn German! Bolzano is awesome; it's a two language town and a lot of the locals speak German, or more accurately, a German dialect. Gets pretty drat cold in the winter, but it's a great city. The Christmas market is really fun. May I recommend Belluno for that mountain feel, if you're looking for that. It's about an hour and half straight north of Venice and you'd only have to worry about one language.

One of these days I'll go back too :qq:

I didn't watch any of the matches today. Other than the absurd scoreline in Inter-Atalanta, did anything good happen? Lazio - Torino tomorrow should be pretty good.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Better learn German! Bolzano is awesome; it's a two language town and a lot of the locals speak German, or more accurately, a German dialect. Gets pretty drat cold in the winter, but it's a great city. The Christmas market is really fun. May I recommend Belluno for that mountain feel, if you're looking for that. It's about an hour and half straight north of Venice and you'd only have to worry about one language.

One of these days I'll go back too :qq:

I didn't watch any of the matches today. Other than the absurd scoreline in Inter-Atalanta, did anything good happen? Lazio - Torino tomorrow should be pretty good.

Thanks for that. My wife laughed when we were there because the waitstaff at a restaurant defaulted to German and the dude she was seeing erupted with basically "you're in Italy, why the gently caress are you speaking German?" That city stood out as the role model of where we see ourselves. Plus the benefit of living there is we could essentially fast track to citizenship thanks to the in-laws residency status (family reunion typically allows for up to two years of residency if what I read was correct), AND I will be still getting a disability check from the government which will greatly aid into buying a home. Thankfully I might not have to go with an Italian bank for a loan and MIGHT be able to do a VA loan which would be loving amazing.

I need to find out what my son's rights are as a German born because they have changed recently. Germany is plan B, and would have been plan A if her family weren't in Italy, but it's a great place for both of us.

The goal is to become essentially a 1 man media company. I already have photography, videography, broadcasting, and marketing/public relations down. Just working on getting the degree to go with it, and that should be in the next 3-5 years depending if I can get my masters with this program I am in (vocational rehabilitation. Essentially carte Blanche college) and IF I can still use the GI bill because I could go back to finish up another degree. The plan is to go into Italy with a Masters in videography or photography, a bachelors with visual arts and a comm minor, as well as a gen ed associates coupled with 9-11 years of experience using equipment and such. The drawing and design classes I'm taking are super helpful in that regard. Oh and maybe an Italian minor too because I'm gonna take as many as I can to be able to be fluent when I go.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Udine is pretty and rich but also loving boring

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Apparently Milan players devastated the Juventus Stadium locker room lmbo

https://twitter.com/Andysaro/status/840516765750833152

Bene! Bene!

Update to this: not just damage to the locker room, but also apparently they scratched "LADRI", "THIEVES" on the two scudetto decals that they have on the room walls, the 2005 and 2006 ones (so the Calciopoli era ones, in other words).

I like Milan a tiny bit more (tho it's still thieves calling out other thieves, in my middletable-team fan opinion).

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I've always thought of Verona as a nice livable city. If you're in media, wouldn't it be better to be in Lombardia?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This meme is running it's course but also lol

https://twitter.com/pepromano/status/841315542535405569

The X-man cometh posted:

I've always thought of Verona as a nice livable city. If you're in media, wouldn't it be better to be in Lombardia?

Verona is lovely and full of rear end in a top hat, Juliet the whore being the biggest one :cryingvicentinocat:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm also partial to any city that is available to get to Florence by train in an hour or so and in the mountains. So no, Turin is not an option.

I have no knowledge of media centers or whatever yet, just brainstorming. Aviano is an option too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Palermo update-

Apparently some ultras asked the new Palermo president to get a tattoo to show if he really supported the club. They woke him up in his hotel and had a tattooist ready in the lobby (per football weekly).

http://urbanpost.it/paul-baccaglini-tattoo-palermo-le-iene/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdFHIIPPMg

quote:

It’s important to create a winning mentality. I already promised to do all sorts of things if we stay in Serie A, like walk to the Church on my knees, eat 20 sandwiches with milza, get a tattoo on my face – I’ll do all of it. I’m a man of my word!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

yessss, he's got a way to go before he's a Zamparini level insane man but I have high hopes, this is future of insane Italian owners.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

yessss, he's got a way to go before he's a Zamparini level insane man but I have high hopes, this is future of insane Italian owners.

I'm excited

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Inter-Milan derby on the 15th of April (Saturday) at 12:30 CET. Enjoy the early rise, ameriganos!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Inter-Milan derby on the 15th of April (Saturday) at 12:30 CET. Enjoy the early rise, ameriganos!

Rumors suggest that this is in order to make it more accessible to fans in China.

I'm expecting some big match bans for Bacca and Donnarumma today. That's in addition to Romagnoli and Sosa (and I think Kucka) for what happened during the match. Hope Storari is still capable of making a few saves :shepicide:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm expecting some big match bans for Bacca and Donnarumma today. That's in addition to Romagnoli and Sosa (and I think Kucka) for what happened during the match. Hope Storari is still capable of making a few saves :shepicide:

Looks like 1 match ban for Bacca, one for Romagnoli and one for Sousa. Nothing for Donnarumma.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Looks like 1 match ban for Bacca, one for Romagnoli and one for Sousa. Nothing for Donnarumma.

Wow, that's very lenient. I'm glad Montella got in between Bacca and the ref then. Romagnoli was diffidato (I honestly can't think of the english word here) anyway and Sosa got a red, so that's expected. Nice.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Sosa? Cause good if Sousa got a red card for anything.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Any idea when the dates for April will be set? I'll be in Genoa the 9th so I could go watch a game maybe, if a team close by plays on that date.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

uXs posted:

Any idea when the dates for April will be set? I'll be in Genoa the 9th so I could go watch a game maybe, if a team close by plays on that date.

They're all set already. Samp is playing on the 10th at home, Genoa's away on the 9th unfortunately.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Gigi Galli posted:

They're all set already. Samp is playing on the 10th at home, Genoa's away on the 9th unfortunately.

Ah, cool. I was looking at the teams' sites, most of which haven't been updated yet it seems.

I'm considering going to Milan but that's close to 2 hours by train (one way) and god knows how much longer to get to and from the station from my hotel and the stadium. Hmm. I'll have to think about it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You will need to bring your passport when you get your ticket and when you go to the match.

You will also more than likely arrive at the train station and then have to hop a bus to get to the match. Few stadiums have trains near them but all the ones I know of are German. Don't take a taxi, poo poo is super loving expensive.

You should be able to get a ticket at an official club store but they sell them all over the place in town. You'll also probably get to sit in the home section which is gonna be the best for you.

Going to a match was the best. I loving loved it and it's one of the highlights of all of my combined trips to Italy.

Calcio Italiano e molto bello

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'd go to a match regardless if I were you but 2 hours by train is not that bad. Especially if it's an ICE because they have bars and stuff. Make sure to reserve a seat! Don't get caught without it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bernadeschi owns

http://video.gazzetta.it/fiorentina-bernardeschi-rifiuta-sciarpa-juventus/127fc26c-080d-11e7-8ed6-6d52cbdd3211

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

Sosa? Cause good if Sousa got a red card for anything.

Lmao didn't notice that - let's call it a tribute to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A fitting tribute.

• Locked thread