Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

InFlames235 posted:

Same but that's because I have the pro controller. It's seriously the best controller Nintendo has made so far and puts the Wii U one to shame.

Yeah, the pro controller is really fantastic and it makes me want to never use the joycons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SlayVus posted:

So if Disgaea 5 already has English text and voice acting, why isn't it available on the US eShop?

You want a game that only appeals to a somewhat small demographic competing against people purchasing Zelda?

Pace dat poo poo out yo.

Nobunaga's Ambition, and I think Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, is also out on the Japanese eShop.
They just love them some turn-based combat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well it's more like Tecmo Koei likes supporting systems at launch so they shove out games for them but unfortunately they decided to put up lovely iterations of their strategy games while making the Fire Emblem Warriors game instead of just porting I dunno like Berserk and the Band of the Hawk or Sengoku Musou: Spirit of Sanada.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Infinitum posted:

You want a game that only appeals to a somewhat small demographic competing against people purchasing Zelda?

Pace dat poo poo out yo.

Nobunaga's Ambition, and I think Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, is also out on the Japanese eShop.
They just love them some turn-based combat.

Listen, Zelda is demanding. Sometimes I need something real, real stupid.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The switch was still available on shelves in podunk walmart around here until Tuesday, and I easily got a pro controller and Zelda special edition on Tuesday as well. Not everywhere has a ton of young people with disposable income lol

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Everyone clamoring for a new Metroid Prime game seems to forget there was like one good Prime games and 2 and 3 were major slogs especially 2 while the two new donkey countries were ballin' and the second one improved every way on the first

Retro should be making a Chibi Robo sequel

Metroid Prime 2 was my favorite :mad:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goddammit Mario Kart 8, be released already :argh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The new pro controller is the second best controller nintendo have made behind the original Gamecube controller

third best is the N64 controller :tipshat:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

Any ideas why I can't pay with my credit card? Is this a normal problem with foreign transactions?

Yeah, the Japanese e-store will bounce almost all foreign cards (some reports of people having their specific cards work, but no clear reason why)

Your best course of action if you're deadset is to buy ePoints cards (Japanese Yen ones!!!) from somewhere like play-asia.

I've done it and can confirm it works perfectly. Disgaea 5 is fully voiced and texted in English.

e: Worth noting that play-asia took a couple of days to get my codes to me, so if you find a place with instant delivery might be better.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 13, 2017

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

bowmore posted:

The new pro controller is the second best controller nintendo have made behind the original Gamecube controller

Agreed. Here's hoping we get a bluetooth GCN control for remastered VC stuff.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

il serpente cosmico posted:

Yeah, the pro controller is really fantastic and it makes me want to never use the joycons.

I don't like the joycons, they hurt my hands after about 15 minutes. Grabbed a Pro Controller and Zelda is so much better now. No regrets except for the price.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. Its amazing, and a reminder that having the latest graphics is much less important than gameplay. I like how the game doesnt hold your hand, and how some boss fights will have your arms store after you beat them.

It woukd just take the metroid and mario galaxy games to be on the Switch to make the console huge.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's t another week of being 10-15 minutes late for work trying to get a Switch.

On this plus side I finished my taxes this weekend and I had severely overestimated them so the money I had aside to pay them is now my Switch and Pro Controller fund.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Infinitum posted:

Goddammit Mario Kart 8, be released already :argh:

I mean, technically

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good grief Toejam and Earl looks ugly when rendered like that. I am not a fan.
I would hope there is a demo so I can at least check it out, but my first impression is disappointed. I loved the original and wore out my megadrive with it back in the day.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013
The Switch is my first Nintendo console with amiibos, so a general question:
Are they somehow tied to your console/save/account ? Could multiple people share a single Link amiibo and scan it occasionally on their consoles or even on different accounts on the same console?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

NormenKD posted:

The Switch is my first Nintendo console with amiibos, so a general question:
Are they somehow tied to your console/save/account ? Could multiple people share a single Link amiibo and scan it occasionally on their consoles or even on different accounts on the same console?

The Switch hasn't asked me to register amiibo in any way, unlike 3DS or Wii U. I don't think anything is stopping you from tapping your toys on someone else's console.

More complicated amiibo interactions require saving and reading data to the amiibo and I'm not sure how that works across accounts and consoles but I'm not aware of a Switch game that currently uses that.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 13, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can register and put your id on it, but no matter who it is registered to it will do the same thing on everyone's console.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

after the freedom of a split controller I don't know how anyone can willingly go back to a combined one

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

after the freedom of a split controller I don't know how anyone can willingly go back to a combined one

I have no desire for a pro controller but at the same time I do because of the desync issues. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

parallelodad posted:

You can register and put your id on it, but no matter who it is registered to it will do the same thing on everyone's console.

Also, amiibo packaging was designed to block communication. People were taking their 3DS into the store and unlocking the features without paying for the amiibo. You could buy it, unlock the goodies, then return it still in its packaging.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 13, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This never got answered but how many worlds are in Blaster Master Zero? I'm in world 6(ice level) and wondering how much game is left, whether I should slow down or just power through to the end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The old game had 8, it's probably the same.

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Which is better for pooping? Blaster Master or Shovel Knight?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Velvet Elvis posted:

Which is better for pooping? Blaster Master or Shovel Knight?

A toilet.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Someone received and the review the $79 WaterField Cityslicker Switch Case

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Not even a hard case, made for plebes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why do people keep dismissing non-hard cases? What's wrong with something that has a little give? I figure that should reduce impact from a drop or whatever, the same way you wouldn't want a hard seatbelt.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

This never got answered but how many worlds are in Blaster Master Zero? I'm in world 6(ice level) and wondering how much game is left, whether I should slow down or just power through to the end.

If you really want to know

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Takoluka posted:

Like, are you saying that you played Blaster Master Zero Co-Op by yourself using a single Joy-Con, attempting a control scheme that requires two people on your own?

Or did you play Co-Op with a friend and did not like single Joy-Con use and therefore would prefer, say, two sets of Joy-Cons or two Pro Controllers when that becomes possible?

I said co-op. That implies 2 people. I hate using a single joycon. Double in grip is ok. Pro controller is wonderful. Left or right on its own are bad. Ordering those grips linked earlier. I need SOMETHING.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Pretty sure I have a defective battery. First day out with Zelda, I played for about 50 minutes at medium brightness and it only went from 88% to about 67%. It has gone downhill from there. This morning, playing Zelda at the lowest brightness possible, in that same 50-minute span I went from 96% down to 14%. When I power it back on later, it'll be somewhere around 50%—but that's still way under what I was getting only ten days ago.

Should I be getting ready to send this thing in?

Edit: And then I see something like this:

quote:

Did it completely turn off when running out of power? There are people saying that the battery indicator is wrong and they could continue plaing for an hour or 2 even if it was on 1%

And realize I haven't tried taking the thing all the way down to dead just yet. Guess I'll try that later?

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 13, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bombadilillo posted:

I said co-op. That implies 2 people. I hate using a single joycon. Double in grip is ok. Pro controller is wonderful. Left or right on its own are bad. Ordering those grips linked earlier. I need SOMETHING.

Okay, got it. I misunderstood your original post.

How big are your hands?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Nintendo just posted on their Facebook that there's a 30 minute behind the scenes making of Breath of the Wild. Premiering tomorrow morning at 9am ET. It says its a 3-part series, so I'm not sure if its three 10-minute episodes or three 30-minute episodes. Either way, should be cool to watch how they made this amazing game. Looks like they're gonna delve into the music as well which is awesome. That drat Rito Village theme is just :allears:

edit: its actually on the Legend of Zelda Facebook page, not the Nintendo Facebook page.

Here is the link to the preview: https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZelda/videos/1336831513044642/

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 13, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Junkie Disease posted:

disgaea 5 has English options in the Japanese eshop.

Anyone know more?
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-list-of-games-with-english-language-option-in-japan/

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
How's the Hori Tough Pouch? I'm only looking for a case to throw in my backpack so it won't get scratched.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

http://switchhypetrain.ytmnd.com/

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Olivil posted:

How's the Hori Tough Pouch? I'm only looking for a case to throw in my backpack so it won't get scratched.

It's not a hard case on its own - you can squeeze it inwards pretty easily, and if something heavy were to fall onto your bag in just the right way I could see the screen getting damaged through this case. But for general "throw it in the bag, protect from other contents" it's fine - I've got one for exactly that purpose.

It also has a big padded flap designed to line up with the screen, that gives extra reassurance against smaller impacts. In terms of its weakness I'm talking of things like a suitcase falling onto it.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

For anyone wondering, this isn't a hack, it's a fullscreen Facebook video played in the browser.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I was nearly regretting buying 1-2 Switch but now my wife has really taken to the Baby game (she plays in TV mode like any good hardcore Baby gamer would and puts the Joy-Con in a baby doll shirt) and has a high score of 47 Seconds, all As. She owns.

Edit: Post your Baby high scores, thanks.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I remember reading something about the Switch not playing well with third party HDMI cables, is that a thing or was it just hearsay? I kind of want to put the dock on my end table for ease of access but the cable that came with the system is (obviously) way too short to do that

• Locked thread