Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Classics suck without Fabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Has Brailsford stepped down yet?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's kinda unfair that out of the 9 doctors you employ you get poo poo on for the single one that happens to order massive amounts of corticosteroids for friends, family and staff (lol) and could clear it all up if it wasn't remotely wiped due to theft. Sky just can't catch a break.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
British athletes should be banned from all competition like the Russians. All of their fraud medals and "knighthoods" should be stripped. Froome should be deported back to Africa.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Pocket posted:

Has Brailsford stepped down yet?

Never will. He's in too deep.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
take away all their medals and honours

then give them back for services to making AAC mad on the internet

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
What is "AAC"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
please don't share the title of my phd proposal

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Its u

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This chasing group phwoaaaar:

Moreno Moser, Greg Van Avermaet, Luis Leon Sanchez, Tiesj Benoot, Tim Wellens, Matteo Trentin, Zdenek Stybar, Luke Durbridge, Jasper Stuyven, Michal Kwiatkowski, Edvald Boasson Hagen and Tommy Du

Sagan ate too many gummy bears and died

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Observations on watching road cycling for the first time this year:

- BMC's new kit is even worse on TV than in photos
- OP-Etixx-QS-whatever isn't far behind
- I like Astana's retro fade
- Strade Bianche should be a monument
- Tom Dumoulin impresses me more and more every time I see him race
- I need to go to Siena and ride

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Kwiatkowskis world champ curse ends today (unless he won some other race that I missed)

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
He won e3 last year.

Sagan got second. lol

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
Kwiatkowski looked really, really stoked for that. I'm happy for him, I've never got the feeling that he fit in well on Sky. Maybe he's scared of needles.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

VacaGrande posted:

Kwiatkowski looked really, really stoked for that. I'm happy for him, I've never got the feeling that he fit in well on Sky. Maybe he's scared of needles.

Hes the type of rider they just don't know what to do with.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Hes the type of rider they just don't know what to do with.

They saw a big engine and wanted to put him into the junior grand tour domestique burnout program and that's just not him. I hope he ends up somewhere more interesting next year with more support.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I couldn't watch Strade Bianche live and I just went :prepop: when i looked up the last 20 km

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKH9YVXTCyg#t=23m53s

The way that Kwiatkowski handles that roundabout vs the other guys 20 seconds later

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Paris Nice was good fun

Brutal winds, a bunch of sprinters got dropped right near the end, and Bardet got DQ'd for getting too many sticky bottles after crashing.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
In other cycling news. Wtf.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Is that what it looks like to have a BP of 80/50

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Can you inject those fat burning chemicals right into the fat in the arms?

Development
Jun 2, 2016

kimbo305 posted:

Can you inject those fat burning chemicals right into the fat in the arms?

Probably could convince willie_dee in the roids thread to do it

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

That looks completely normal

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
It's just some marginal gains from his carbon fibre veins, it's all totally legit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All that high altitude training has given him so many red blood cells that it's like his veins are full of yoghurt.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Geraint Thomas looked like a cartoon character when he won Paris-Nice last year. The head of a man and a body of a 13 year old boy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeyI_B4nEE

Thats going to cost Shimano a bit in lost sales. Thomas said afterwards that 2 other riders had cracks in their front wheel too.

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/839504726366564353

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 8, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Much to the chagrin of Freds everywhere, Sky's Kask helmet this year isn't available to the public:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/product-news/new-kask-helmet-spotted-team-skys-heads-317034
I actually didn't know there weren't homologation requirements for equipment.
Guessing this helmet doesn't pass the perfunctory crash standards in favor of lighter weight.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

kimbo305 posted:

Much to the chagrin of Freds everywhere, Sky's Kask helmet this year isn't available to the public:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/product-news/new-kask-helmet-spotted-team-skys-heads-317034
I actually didn't know there weren't homologation requirements for equipment.
Guessing this helmet doesn't pass the perfunctory crash standards in favor of lighter weight.

It's clearly just a Protone with a slightly different outer shell...a stopgap solution to replace the old Infinity. I bet it would pass CPSC and CEN testing, but Kask will probably have a new aero helmet available by the Giro or TdF anyway.

Kask helmets remain one of the most comfy I've ever used. The retention mechanism at the back slides down farther than pretty much any other helmet and I don't get why nobody else has adopted the leatherette chinstrap. I like how no adjustment is needed to the strap around the ears as well.

OTOH, I am in between sizes on the Protone, so I've settled on the Lazer Z1. Anyone with a 58-59cm circumference head should consider the medium Z1...it's roomier than just about any other medium sized helmet without looking mushroomy.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 10, 2017

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I dunno- it looks bulkier in profile than the Protone. Why not just do an Infinity with no sliding plate and a couple more vents?

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Because the Infinity profile is older and less aero than a ventless Protone.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
First tractor protest of the year?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope young Alberto Contador of the plucky underdog Trek Seggafredo Team embarrasses the Sky Racing Pharmacology Conglomerate.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:burger:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gummy bear time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2_yqWTAGY

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Oh man sucks to be Contador right now. Losing by 2 seconds after an attack from 50km out, super gutted. Sergio Henao rode pretty well to keep the time that close though.

Had to lol at the T-A the other day, a train stopped the peloton and gave the breakaway 3 extra minutes. So the race commisars made the breakaway stop 400m from the top of the ultimate climb in the KOM competition to allow the peloton to make the tme back. Just a big gently caress-up all 'round.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39293763?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

Lmao the hits just keep coming for Sky.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

From that article

quote:

Team Sky are renowned for their robust, no-needle, no-Tramadol stance.
lol did matthew syed write the article?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well he's not wrong, they are renowned for having that policy

Doesn't mean everyone believes it though