Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

"hello I am a christian we should teach compassion and forgiveness of our fellow humans"
"wow me too"
"oh okay come on in"
"lol I lied now you don't have healthcare"
"oh no"

"I'm going to rob you when you walk in"
"nah, you would never do that"
"lmao" *smashes guy upside the head with a sledgehammer*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
When they go low, we go high might be dying? That's good news

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

give me the EO, go full fascist motherfucker

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I mean I'm wandering around a goopy tube of fluids and nightmares right now where anyone could be sacrificed and devoured for the sake of opening portals to other lands but playing Numenera helps me escape it for a while

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fits my needs posted:

I know this last election has caused me to lose all faith in the goodness of humanity as a whole and stop making myself a victim by being nice

the constant protests have restored my faith a bunch in individual groups/movements but it's also taught me people have to earn the benefit of the doubt

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

give me the EO, go full fascist motherfucker

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean I'm wandering around a goopy tube of fluids and nightmares right now where anyone could be sacrificed and devoured for the sake of opening portals to other lands but playing Numenera helps me escape it for a while

feed yourself to trump

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

M..mods?!?

im here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

the worst thing about this slogan was the fact that all HRC's ads were character attacks featuring no policy statements

Character attacks where you point out that your opponent is, in fact, a total slimeball count as "going high"

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

Goblin vomit, you say?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

moral of the story is that being an rear end in a top hat works and that Congressmen deserve no good faith or good will

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mormonpartyboat posted:

feed yourself to trump

yah but this means I end up in a crystalline labyrinth for a little bit chatting with my dead homies and I spend enough time posting in C-SPAM at work

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

loquacius posted:

the worst thing about this slogan was the fact that all HRC's ads were character attacks featuring no policy statements

Character attacks where you point out that your opponent is, in fact, a total slimeball count as "going high"

Policy was the least important part of this election

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Goblin vomit, you say?

I'm not drinking that poo poo I don't care how desperate I am to understand Trump's chittering insanity

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Citizen Tayne posted:

if I had to hazard a guess I'd say the most important one was sociopathy

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
The booty man is on the new Axe Files today.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
personally I don't know who takes the option to turn Erritis normal again, the rock stupid spaz is the greatest part of the game

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Chokes McGee posted:

I know this last election has caused me to lose all faith in the goodness of humanity as a whole and stop making myself a victim by being nice

the constant protests have restored my faith a bunch in individual groups/movements but it's also taught me people have to earn the benefit of the doubt

historically, "nice" meant "kinda dumb."

a lot of things make sense once you know this

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Policy was actively, aggressively irrelevant and it's hilarious when people pretend otherwise.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
when they go low, :smug:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/841142545136656384

I mean can you blame them? Who wouldn't become a dopefiend if you lived in the middle of loving nowhere america known as the Midwest? Lmao

I woke up feeling a little down about our retard president and the belligerent drunk racists in the white house. Nothing cheers me up like stories of rural heroin death. Thanks!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hodgepodge posted:

it sucks because humans are hard wired to cooperate, it's how we survived as an agrarian society and culture

however it turns out that's bullshit and nature is dumb

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Don't worry, the senate will turn blue and we will get 1,000 years of centrist democratic rule.

*wakes up from nightmare*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Policy was irrelevant in this election because the candidates made it so

At any rate the point is that the idea that HRC "went high" was ridiculous

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

Policy was actively, aggressively irrelevant and it's hilarious when people pretend otherwise.

If only Hillary had talked about policy

If only she had reached out more to those economically anxious racists

If only

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chokes McGee posted:

personally I don't know who takes the option to turn Erritis normal again, the rock stupid spaz is the greatest part of the game

rhin is insanely good

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the unbearable lightness of tweeting

https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/841294767224946690

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Chokes McGee posted:

Why would anyone want to "cure" him? He's like the only character that is interesting in that game so far.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mormonpartyboat posted:

rhin is insanely good

I didn't get her in the party because I caught a sledgehammer to the dome trying to save her and they took her :smith:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

financially racist posted:

i am from upstate ny originally and there are lots of them once you leave any population center

sometimes you get lucky and see them in cities too, like when there were two brolifted pickups with confederate flags flying from their stacks driving through fuckin albany

what districts did they represent?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Why would anyone want to "cure" him? He's like the only character that is interesting in that game so far.

idk I just told the nano spirits to tone it down a little so he didn't die of a heart attack and now he's still adorably dumb but can actually sleep

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

theflyingexecutive posted:

what districts did they represent?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

That chart that said that Trump was talking more about policy was inherently wrong because "MAGA" and "It's going to be great, you'll see" are not policies.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

If only

Telling people their jobs don't matter because they are probably racist is the only responsible strategy *loses election, gives presidency to racist*

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

If only

What's funny is that data shows that Clinton supporters are plain racists that have money, so they're worst by every metric than rural people lmao

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

loquacius posted:

Policy was irrelevant in this election because the candidates made it so

At any rate the point is that the idea that HRC "went high" was ridiculous

Tump!
Grab them by the pussy!
2nd amendment solution!
Tax Returns!

Please got to https://www.candidate2016.com for policy details

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

I thought historically "nice" is the automatic response to the sex number.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
A thing I just learned, and thought I would share with this thread: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

A Mexican folk saint of death, with a cult that is on the rise.

"As of 2016 the cult of Santa Muerte is said to be one of the fastest growing new religious movements in the world, with an estimated 10 to 12 million followers."

Death is Certain.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tadashi posted:

That chart that said that Trump was talking more about policy was inherently wrong because "MAGA" and "It's going to be great, you'll see" are not policies.

Making vague pie-in-the-sky impossible promises, ironically, is closer to "going high" than character attack ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

What's funny is that data shows that Clinton supporters are plain racists

Well, ok, but there were many fewer racists than among GOP supporters.

• Locked thread