Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/841182789311504384

getting 50000 retweets for 5 orbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I agree that the picture certainly seems to imply that he'll be healing, which is weird because Linde is already in the game as a blue mage using light magic. I guess they did just add two blue mages to the game (three if you count Ursula) but did the game really need more healers?

For what it's worth, both Raven and Lachesis are drawn with swords in their art, despite using an axe and a staff in-game. It's not entirely out of the question for him to be a tome-user with a staff in his art.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I hope Lucius will be a tome user because i have fond memories of him nuking the crap out of everything in my Blazing Sword run.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Dang, my only roll on this banner got me a 5* Setsuna.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
gently caress all my orbs, WILL get rebecca

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Only 800 orbs on average!

She'd probably be a 3/4 star once she gets into the main pool, at least.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think I will put Threaten Attack on Effie, if only because it's easy to get and I don't mind mincing Hawkeye

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Give me the Tellius games. I don't even need Ike, I want Mordecai and Tibarn and Largo.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ubiquitus posted:

But everyone has FRobin?

Yeah, but I never bothered raising her because I already had Nino. Raising characters to a high enough level to handle that Ursula map does not take a small amount of time.

Clarste posted:

New banner announced:
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/841213171897532416

Finally, a manakete dancer.

Edit: Wait, isn't that like 4 colorless?

Depending on what color she is, I would seriously contemplate spending some real actual money to get Ninian, especially if she gives some sort of stat buff that isn't attack (for my Nino team).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Anyone knows how to stop the knight in Ursula's map from flying off

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want Priscilla but drat that might be a trap banner unless some of those are real good units

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

ApplesandOranges posted:

Give me the Tellius games. I don't even need Ike, I want Mordecai and Tibarn and Largo.

Excuse me you mean Volug, Haar, and Titania.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone knows how to stop the knight in Ursula's map from flying off

Prioritize killing Ursula in one round, then focus the knight down with magic while someone facetanks the cav and the ninjas. Otherwise, he'll immediately jump to one of his low health allies.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
My Effie does too much damage to the red sword, and if I dance F!Robin to kill the knight, she won't be able to leave and she'll get murdered by the ninja.

AAAAA

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

My Effie does too much damage to the red sword, and if I dance F!Robin to kill the knight, she won't be able to leave and she'll get murdered by the ninja.

AAAAA

Try switching Effie's weapon to its weakest version?

Edit: Bleh, just checked the numbers, and assuming an average attack stat, Effie still does enough to push the cav into Wings of Mercy range.

Edit 2: Try this - After Robin kills Ursula, have your healer heal Robin, have Robin attack the axe knight once, but instead of finishing it off, have Effie kill the Cavalier; dance her if you need to. The ninjas deal 49 damage to infantry with their daggers, minus whatever the target's defense is. If the ninja needs to eat a counterattack in order to kill Robin, it should prioritize healing the knight instead of attacking her.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 13, 2017

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Is it just me or does Elise seem to do much more damage than every other healer?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You can remove deathblow from Effie too to further reduce damage.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Who are these people?

Ninian is Eliwood's wife and consequently Roy's mother. She's the dancer of FE7, has a brother named Nils, and is a half-dragon. She dies before the events of Roy's game.

Lucuis is a monk who traveled with Lyn for a short while at the start of FE7, before being imprisoned together with his boyfriend Raven. He is saved when Eliwood and friends roll on by, bringing Raven's sister Priscilla with them to talk Raven into joining them.

The aforementioned Priscilla. She and Raven are nobles of a sort, and Raven in particular wants revenge against Hector because politics.

Karel is a legend in the world of FE7 and is known as a ruthless killer who can fight against entire armies by himself. However much of that is true or not, he doesn't really care about. He joins Eliwood's group on a whim and has calmed the heck down by the events of Roy's game, being the last recruitable character in that game and featuring the highest growth rates in the entire series to date. He only has one level until he hits max, but he makes it count.

Rebecca is the daughter of the mayor of a village Eliwood and friends save right at the start of his part of FE7. When Roy is born, she is his wet nurse.

Jaffar is an assassin of the Black Fang, the antagonists for the majority of FE7. His cold heart is melted by Nino who he can't bring himself to kill after she fails in her duties, and instead he abandons the Black Fang to save her life and the two team up with Eliwood and pals. The two later marry and have twin children, of which one is Raigh.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hahaha I did it. 15+ stamina potions and a 2000 feathers for a 4* Subaki and I finally got her. Now to never use her.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yessss FE7 drop. Gotta get me that Jaffar.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Oh nice, Blazing Sword banner, Ninian is mai waif 4 life. Jaffar and Karel are always cool too.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I hate that banner, because it's making me seriously consider dropping money on rolling for a damned Lucius. I need that Lucius.

I don't actually know how they work in this game, are the special banner characters gone after the two weeks? Will this be the only time we can get these guys?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
there's a higher chance to get an five star version of those characters. they are added to the regular pool afterwards

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It is so much easier to get the heroes on banner unfortunately.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Tired Moritz posted:

hahaha I did it. 15+ stamina potions and a 2000 feathers for a 4* Subaki and I finally got her. Now to never use her.
I can also report success after grinding 4* Setsuna and Nino to 38. :woop: Thanks to those who mathed it out and confirmed it was possible.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
And sometimes as a 3-4* instead of 5* (e.g., MRobin).

I definitely want Ninian. A non-red dancer would help some of my team compositions. Bonus if the dragon can attack.

Now that I've finally saved 20000 feathers, I'm wondering who to boost to 5*. I'm thinking about Gunter for my cavalry team. A spearhead of Gunter and Reinhardt should be hilarious.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I hope Jaffar gets something cool and assassin-y like a weapon that's effective against low HP targets. That would be rad.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Momomo posted:

I hate that banner, because it's making me seriously consider dropping money on rolling for a damned Lucius. I need that Lucius.

I don't actually know how they work in this game, are the special banner characters gone after the two weeks? Will this be the only time we can get these guys?

I'm gonna waste all my orbs I'm saving for Ike to get my Lucius!!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm sad I don't have orbs to roll for Effie but I already have a sweet Nino and two good blues in Abel and Azura. I hope the new chars are better than the last batch we got at least.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Jaffar looks nice but I know fate's just gonna give me Priscilla so I'm probably gonna ignore this banner.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I was gonna say something about Jaffar hopefully being red but then I remembered Matthew is a hidden weapon user (also I have tons of reds). Maybe he'll get Poison Dagger? That would be nuts to have a strong anti-infantry character on the banner.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I already didn't get Lucina from the princess banner so I'll probably just throw the gauntlet orbs at this one and see what happens. More interested in what exactly transferring skills will entail.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'd totally mush Takumi to put Close Counter on a Poison Dagger Jaffar tbh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope Jaffar counters Nino.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

You'll use her come the next grand hero battle and/or arena season. :v:

You didn't need to promote him to 4☆ though. (He doesn't even need to be maxed, actually, he just needs 30+ def and enough atk to hurt the cav)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 13, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope Jaffar counters Nino.

Jaffar loves Nino though :(

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think the only hero I've ever gotten on a banner at all was my 5* Sheena. Rolled 4 full 20's on the princes and didn't get a single prince. :sigh:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kyte posted:

You'll use her come the next grand hero battle and/or arena season. :v:

You didn't need to promote him to 4☆ though. (He doesn't even need to be maxed, actually, he just needs 30+ def and enough atk to hurt the cav)

Yeah, I know but grinding more than level 35 is hell.

Philip Rivers posted:

Jaffar loves Nino though :(

dramatic irony is the best

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Tired Moritz posted:

Subaki's a guy, pegapony notwithstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

taichara posted:

Subaki's a guy, pegapony notwithstanding.

They go by Ursula now, please respect their transition