Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Winning the holidays against a system that's already sold 50 million is like winning a fight against someone who just lived through a bear mauling.

We shouldn't be shaming Nintendo for doing the smart thing by not trying to go toe to toe with Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

My friend just told me that Puyo Puyo Tetris has a demo on the Japanese eShop and lo and behold it is downloading now. yessssssssssssss

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
When I say win the holidays, I mean they will be sold out and steal all the Christmas hype in regards to PlayStation and Xbox. You'll see the Switch in all the news stories about the "must have" toy to get.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Quidthulhu posted:

My friend just told me that Puyo Puyo Tetris has a demo on the Japanese eShop and lo and behold it is downloading now. yessssssssssssss

I have it too, and besides playing online why wouldn't I just play this over and over???

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quidthulhu posted:

How do you navigate to it? I can find the paid one but I can't read anime.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Rad Valtar posted:

I grabbed this case as Wal-Mart and it's really good: https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...nintendo+switch

Only negative is it doesn't fit the charger.

Man I really wish I could find one of these either online or in a local store. Gamestops, Targets, Walmart, and Toysrus were all bone dry when it came to in-stock cases (of any kind) over the weekend.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

the button right under what i could guess was the 'buy' button is the 'download demo' button

bonus points : the google translate app, at least for android, has a 'camera' feature where you can literally point the camera at the screen and it'll translate poo poo from japanese to english for you.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any word of a new piccross game or anything so my wife can steal this from me ?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Could you link the parts that actually support you because I haven't found any.

The first is just about Best Buy stocking procedures, and the second said they will have some extra stock on launch day which is cool but meaningless to the original point.

I'm not sure what you're having difficult seeing. I said it was Walmarts fault for selling his preorder and that stock was still in circulation on launch day and that Japan had stock available now. I honestly don't know what is hard to connect here.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Google Translate on smartphones can do video translation live by the way! Very useful for browsing the Switch store JP

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nerdrock posted:

the button right under what i could guess was the 'buy' button is the 'download demo' button

bonus points : the google translate app, at least for android, has a 'camera' feature where you can literally point the camera at the screen and it'll translate poo poo from japanese to english for you.

Thanks! At airport. Gonna test the connect to Wi-Fi and try to dl it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

I just went to the eshop, found Puyo Puyo Tetris, and selected the bottom option which started a demo download.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...are Nobunaga's Ambition and Rot3K XIII going to get English Switch versions? I really want both of them.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Don Lapre posted:

They arn't going to win the holidays by shipping 5 a week to each store.

It's still March. They'll have plenty of time to ramp up production. Between Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon 2, I assume they'll ship (and sell) lots of consoles this Christmas. Minecraft and Skyrim are a bit long in the tooth but having them won't hurt, either.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Switches are depleted here, too, though I'm not surprised because this city has 2 universities and a community college? Lot of hip young up-and-comers having rooftop parties in the freezing snow.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Thanks! At airport. Gonna test the connect to Wi-Fi and try to dl it

Connected. It pulled up a browser and let me click the airport agreement.

Downloading game.

The switch works. Best airport machine ever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mahoning posted:

We shouldn't be shaming Nintendo for doing the smart thing by not trying to go toe to toe with Sony.

Absolutely true.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
What exactly is nintendo using their production capacity for. You cant buy a wii u, 3ds, 2ds, nintendo mini, or switch.

I bought the last 3ds at target near me and both of the last 2ds's. maybe all getting snatched up before 11.3 hits store shelf units.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Don Lapre posted:

What exactly is nintendo using their production capacity for. You cant buy a wii u, 3ds, 2ds, nintendo mini, or switch.

Ramping up for the Nintendo Bread release

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Connected. It pulled up a browser and let me click the airport agreement.

Downloading game.

The switch works. Best airport machine ever.

Has a cute asian girl walked up to you yet and compared Switch games?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Infinitum posted:

If by asian girl you mean 12 year old

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Don Lapre posted:

I bought the last 3ds at target near me and both of the last 2ds's. maybe all getting snatched up before 11.3 hits store shelf units.

well, if I had to guess, and it's just a guess, I suspect they're using their production capacity for their new system, the NIntendo Switch.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Nope

Don Lapre posted:

If by asian girl you mean 12 year old

Yeah, but nope.

95% of people on phones. 5% with books. One real cool dude with a Nintendo brand Switch videogame toy. (me)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Nope

Yeah, but nope.

95% of people on phones. 5% with books. One real cool dude with a Nintendo brand Switch videogame toy. (me)

95% on phones
5% on books
0% cool guys

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Louisgod posted:

well, if I had to guess, and it's just a guess, I suspect they're using their production capacity for their new system, the NIntendo Switch.

The evidence does not support this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Self own. Those are rare.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

95% on phones
5% on books
0% cool guys

:thejoke:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Don Lapre posted:

Nintendo's like a pancake factory, everybody wants the pancakes as soon as possible but they can only make so many pancakes at a given time. Also, a lot of people want the pancakes but the pancakes have to be shipped by boat overseas to all the countries in the world. That, and the pancakes are portable.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think what I have learned is I need to make friends with someone who works at a retail store. It's the only way to get a super popular item if you didn't pre order and don't want to wait. Or drive around like an Uber driver.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Don Lapre posted:

They've been shipping them. There were reportedly two waves on launch weekend alone.

People just keep buying them before you can is all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ugh! Why can't I find a switch!

*doesn't actually look, just complains on Internet message boards about it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Trip Report, these japanese tetris AI machines keep schooling me at puyopuyo and tetris!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Holyshoot posted:

I think what I have learned is I need to make friends with someone who works at a retail store. It's the only way to get a super popular item if you didn't pre order and don't want to wait. Or drive around like an Uber driver.

Or just walk into a store a couple Fridays ago and ask for one.

Hell, one of my friends did it on that Saturday.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I found an extra nintendo, the nintendo switch, and sold it to my brother, the brother of Jimmy Hats. He is bad at vibeo games

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Managed to score one of these off Craigslist with almost no markup, then get a copy of Zelda at Best Buy and a pro controller from Amazon Prime Now. Zelda is very good.

The system was unplayable in TV mode without the pro controller, though. The left joycon would frequently become unresponsive, and periodically would de-sync entirely. Standing close to the console helped, but even that didn't entirely get rid of the problem. The pro controller works flawlessly in TV mode, and there's no issue with the joycon when it's connected to the tablet. Seems like a lot of people have had similar issues?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Jimmy Hats posted:

I found an extra nintendo, the nintendo switch, and sold it to my brother, the brother of Jimmy Hats. He is bad at vibeo games

It's Vimeo, moron.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've been at work all day and I just wanna go home and play more Zelda. I would bring it with me but that would set a poor example for the people I am technically supervising. At least with a laptop I can pretend to be working.

I am listening to the soundtrack though, man this poo poo is great. I love piano.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
"I'm gonna take a 'wait and see' approach with this new console from Nintendo."

*Waits a week*

"WHY CAN'T I FIND A SWITCH ANYWHERE, JESUS CHRIST NINTENDO GET YOUR MANUFACTURING poo poo TOGETHER!"

I'd feel bad for these people if this didn't happen all the time with like every new popular video game thing. Especially NIntendo products.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I've been at work all day and I just wanna go home and play more Zelda. I would bring it with me but that would set a poor example for the people I am technically supervising. At least with a laptop I can pretend to be working.

I am listening to the soundtrack though, man this poo poo is great. I love piano.

Open your laptop up and set your Switch up in tabletop mode on your keyboard. Then use the JoyCons from under your desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

Why did you buy 3 consoles?

• Locked thread