Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 has the witcher universe cameo.

I know it's unsustainable, but at the current logarithmic scale of CDPr improvement each videogame (aside from that Gwent crap), Cyberpunk will net an Academy Award Nomination for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Norns posted:

Then like who gives a gently caress?

there is a huge population of people who have built an identity and community around whining about video games on the internet. while a normal person would react to not liking a video game by not buying it and moving on, these defective humans get on the internet and act entitled about toys like it is an important thing that actually matters.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

I know it's unsustainable, but at the current logarithmic scale of CDPr improvement each videogame (aside from that Gwent crap), Cyberpunk will net an Academy Award Nomination for something.

gwent has story mode. friend!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Drifter posted:

I don't know, Witcher 3's a really very good game. I think most things in AAA RPG videogameland can be improved by adding Witcher 3 to the list of discussion.

Theoretically, yea, I totally agree it "can" be improved. But goons.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

mass effect 3 is definitely matrix 2

mass effect 1 is the star trek one where patrick stewart goes back in time to fight the borg

mass effect 2 is guardians of the galaxy

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

cams posted:

there is a huge population of people who have built an identity and community around whining about video games on the internet. while a normal person would react to not liking a video game by not buying it and moving on, these defective humans get on the internet and act entitled about toys like it is an important thing that actually matters.

but enough about what's going on with jim sterling's breath of the wild review

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cams posted:

That's hosed up

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

but enough about what's going on with jim sterling's breath of the wild review

lmao what did he say about Breath of the Wild?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dexo posted:

whatever it was it was apparently bad enough to get his site ddosed because I can't check atm haha

e: got through cloudflare, he gave it 7/10 lol why are people mad about that

Martout fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 13, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Martout posted:

whatever it was it was apparently bad enough to get his site ddosed because I can't check atm haha

Gamers don't deserve good things

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dexo posted:

He gave it a 7/10, citing a lot of the annoyances other reviewers also touched upon.
This lead to Nintendo fanboys melting down and ddosing his site.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Guy gave a 7/10 which dropped it from having a near perfect aggregate score of 98 (it is now 97)

e:f,b

e2: holy gently caress, really beaten

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
When ME:A comes out and someone gives it a non-perfect score I say we unite and loudly and petulantly defend this videogame on the internet

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
pls guys it's important to me

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

He just put up a jimquisition on it comparing the fanbase's fragile egos with the fragility of weapons in the game, people gonna be salty.

Also, part of it is I guess on metacritic his review turned BOTW from tied with the highest rated game of all time (OOT, I believe) to "just" a 97. I guess that's a big deal?

I suddenly felt a lot better about this thread when I saw what was going on with that review.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zelda is one of those franchises that's impossible for people to be rational about, so reviewer scores are especially meaningless there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Metacritic is a great test of a gamers mental wellbeing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I find it funnier that he scrambled up a response video so loving fast

Norns posted:

Metacritic is a great test of a gamers mental wellbeing

people create new accounts for doing a single review 0-rating bomb constantly so metacritic is practically worthless, I usually only look at metacritic

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

I find it funnier that he scrambled up a response video so loving fast

He makes money from it? He's going to make bank off these babies. And good on him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao. I think Sterling is a fairly smart dude who is a pud and over exaggerates poo poo to try make a point(lmao at him trying to justify pirating Nintendo games because Nintendo is way too heavy handed with their content and videos on youtube)

But jesus christ that's dumb.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

marshmallow creep posted:

Thought exercise for the thread since we can't stop bringing it up: What is the Witcher 3 of movies? While we're at it, what is the Mass Effect 3?

For your blockbusters? Mass Effect 3 is Star Trek Into Darkness, Witcher 3 is Fellowship of the Ring.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dexo posted:

lmao. I think Sterling is a fairly smart dude who is a pud and over exaggerates poo poo to try make a point(lmao at him trying to justify pirating Nintendo games because Nintendo is way too heavy handed with their content and videos on youtube)

But jesus christ that's dumb.

Sterling is a guy who puts on a plague doctor mask and calls himself the steam cleaner because he reviews lovely EA games on steam greenlight. I don't get how people take so much of his poo poo seriously.

Really, he should have named himself The Cleveland Steamer, way funnier imo.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Will there be early reviews for this game? If so we could have metacritic reviews to obsess over as early as tomorrow

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Martout posted:

When ME:A comes out and someone gives it a non-perfect score I say we unite and loudly and petulantly defend this videogame on the internet

I hope it's Jim. If it is, his site should be redirected to an even more negative review.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

mass effect 1 is the star trek one where patrick stewart goes back in time to fight the borg

mass effect 2 is guardians of the galaxy
Mass Effect: Star Trek the Motion Picture.

Mass Effect 2: Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan.

Mass Effect 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0bClUp9I6w

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Starting an initiative to build a posting ark that will take worthy posters to a new fresh thread once the game launches so they might escape this lovely thread. As the forum's chief skeleton expert I nominate Moola to decide who lives and who dies.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

tooterfish posted:

Mass Effect: Star Trek the Motion Picture.

Mass Effect 2: Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan.

Mass Effect 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0bClUp9I6w

If only, a shepard marauder shields contest of arms would have been such a better ending.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Trast posted:

Starting an initiative to build a posting ark that will take worthy posters to a new fresh thread once the game launches so they might escape this lovely thread. As the forum's chief skeleton expert I nominate Moola to decide who lives and who dies.

Give all ark posters 600-year probations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
With footage of Jaal now available I'd like an update from the weirdo with the lion avatar who posts about how much he wants to suck a krogan's dick

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. Abysmal posted:

With footage of Jaal now available I'd like an update from the weirdo with the lion avatar who posts about how much he wants to suck a krogan's dick

actually, it's a cow

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What shape do you think the four testicles are in?

Are they all the same height or are they in pairs on top of each other?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Fried Watermelon posted:

like a triforce, but with 4

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

Time works the same way

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Fried Watermelon posted:

bad

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jim sterling should be shoved into a locker

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hug an andaran

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

with nuclear arms

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Witcher 3 is the closest thing to playing a great novel as you can get. It's close to perfect.

ME3 is fifty shades darker

MEA will probably just be an interspecies erotica fan fic

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zelder posted:

Jim sterling should be shoved into a locker

wouldn't fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Witcher 3 set such a high bar that it should have lit a fire under Bioware and Bethesda asses to make better games but here we are. Lazy. Sad!