Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

You can see the enelement effect on the hero that cast it. For instance the ice one creates a big ice crystal around the character, and enlightening creates a glowing electric circle around the hero. When that fades then the enelement has worn off.

Mostly fights have been over before its been relevant, but I have an Enelement BSB and an OSB on the same character now (Tifa), and I'm wondering what the best order of operations is to get the most out of an enelement boosted OSB. Should I be hitting the BSB as soon as possible, and then Lifesiphoning my way to the OSB, or wait until I've got two charges (starting with Lifesiphon/Mako Might RM) and then chaining the BSB into the OSB directly? If I do the enelement before I have enough for another soul break, is it likely to run out before I can hit the OSB? Or is there any point to doing it earlier/later in a fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Might depend on the boss fight. If there's a tougher weak phase, maybe LS/BSB early and build up bars and hold off OSB until late.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Got a 2/11 pull on the second banner. Raines and Snow gloves. Sitting at 423 mythril and probably going to wait on the datamine (tonight?) to determine if I try one more time for the claws. My XIII synergy isn't bad.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I might pull on the first banner again, as long as I hold onto 75 mythril for the half pulls I'll be fine. There is simply a large amount of good stuff on there that I want. Is there any reason I should hold back, like a better banner in the future?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

I might pull on the first banner again, as long as I hold onto 75 mythril for the half pulls I'll be fine. There is simply a large amount of good stuff on there that I want. Is there any reason I should hold back, like a better banner in the future?

I don't think there's any "meta breaking" banners for awhile from what I've seen. Squall BSB2 and Cloud USB aren't for a few months. Everything in between is really just up to your own synergy and existing relics to consider what's useful for you.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

I believe there's also a Dungeon Update Lucky tomorrow or so.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Blame Beasteh but I yolo pulled on banner 2.

USB, Raines' BSB, Snow SSB, and Flamberge. :toot:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Eh I rolled.

Noel BSB: could be ok, Full break + breakdowns on a character who can get Thief 5 and has combat 5. I have Minfillia's BSB which seems a bit better

Serah SSB: actually this seems good? Mind+Mag+Hastega, should go well with something like Cid RW. I actually am glad to have this one

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Serah SSB: actually this seems good? Mind+Mag+Hastega, should go well with something like Cid RW. I actually am glad to have this one

It is a stacking Faithga, so yes, it's good.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

LornMarkus posted:

I believe there's also a Dungeon Update Lucky tomorrow or so.
No DUs on the kongbakpao calendar, unless something unexpected gets added with maintenance.

Orfeo posted:

Blame Beasteh but I yolo pulled on banner 2.

USB, Raines' BSB, Snow SSB, and Flamberge. :toot:
Wow rude

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

iPodschun posted:

No DUs on the kongbakpao calendar, unless something unexpected gets added with maintenance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit#gid=1439722078

DUs are monthly and #29 was a month ago. The spreadsheet is a bit better at staying current

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The anniversary is only a couple days away so of course I did two pulls on banner 2 instead of waiting :v: I wanted Hope's new BSB, Raine's BSB, or Serah's faithga. Walked away with a Flamberge (got turned into an 8*), 2 of Noel's SSB, and mah boy Hope's BSB.

Initially I was a little weary of it because it doesn't come with enholy but it's really neat, the utility makes up for any lack of enelement (opening AOE stun with more stun on command 2, AOE dispel, summoning mode), and I am enjoying the trend of Hope's SBs being one long rocket punch joke.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh, huh, we were supposed to get some mithril this weekend part of a special countdown? Huh. I should probably poke DeNa about that, then.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Aurora posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit#gid=1439722078

DUs are monthly and #29 was a month ago. The spreadsheet is a bit better at staying current
JP got DU 30 nine days before their anniversary stuff started. I'm guessing they'll hold off on it for global with all the content we're about to get but guess we'll find out soon enough!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Oh, huh, we were supposed to get some mithril this weekend part of a special countdown? Huh. I should probably poke DeNa about that, then.
FFRKCentral says we'll get the 9 Mythril tonight (10PM PDT) along with an apology Mythril.

Sprite141 posted:

I might pull on the first banner again, as long as I hold onto 75 mythril for the half pulls I'll be fine.
The anniversary login bonuses should start on Wednesday or Thursday; day 1 is 25 Mythril if they use the same bonuses as listed in https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/53njru/jp_ffrk_2nd_anniversary_megathread/

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Mostly fights have been over before its been relevant, but I have an Enelement BSB and an OSB on the same character now (Tifa), and I'm wondering what the best order of operations is to get the most out of an enelement boosted OSB. Should I be hitting the BSB as soon as possible, and then Lifesiphoning my way to the OSB, or wait until I've got two charges (starting with Lifesiphon/Mako Might RM) and then chaining the BSB into the OSB directly? If I do the enelement before I have enough for another soul break, is it likely to run out before I can hit the OSB? Or is there any point to doing it earlier/later in a fight?

IIRC, enelement lasts a bit longer than burst mode, so maybe 25 seconds or so. Should easily be enough time (with haste) to Lifesiphon up another SB bar.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

iPodschun posted:

JP got DU 30 nine days before their anniversary stuff started. I'm guessing they'll hold off on it for global with all the content we're about to get but guess we'll find out soon enough!

DU 29-30 is still a month span in JP. It's actually a little bit quicker than a month even.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Eh I rolled.

Noel BSB: could be ok, Full break + breakdowns on a character who can get Thief 5 and has combat 5. I have Minfillia's BSB which seems a bit better

Noel BSB is closer to Faris BSB than Minfilia. Noel/Faris BSB is 5-hit ranged physical damage + Full BreakDOWN on entry + MAG & ATK breakdowns on commands. Minfilia BSB is 8-hit physical/holy with en-holy + MAG & ATK breakdowns. They're slightly different because Minfilia's doesn't cover the full break as well if you're going more for full support.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it rarely comes into play in serious endgame content but why the gently caress are so many bosses in 13 stuff out of range of melee attacks

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Still chasin' the Cid Raines BSB dragon, got a Vanille's USB, 2nd Serah SSB, and Snow (yawn) SSB as booby prizes.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Geosgaeno is a loving dickhole. gently caress this fight. Every time I get him down to like 5% something loving stupid happens and I get wiped. And it's different every time.

gently caress.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Noel BSB is closer to Faris BSB than Minfilia. Noel/Faris BSB is 5-hit ranged physical damage + Full BreakDOWN on entry + MAG & ATK breakdowns on commands. Minfilia BSB is 8-hit physical/holy with en-holy + MAG & ATK breakdowns. They're slightly different because Minfilia's doesn't cover the full break as well if you're going more for full support.

Though Minfilia can just carry Full Break.

Still, she's definitely more "I'm going full tilt holy synergy offense but I need breakdowns to cover a medal condition or are minimum mitigation to survive" whereas Noel/Faris/Wakka are more complete support packages it's true

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Minfilia is a really good support option seeing as how she has access to 5* knight and white (secondary WHM users are always valuable) and 4* combat for lifesiphon if needed. of course i have her 50% boostga/last stand so shes a indispensable support for the moment

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alrighty! I stopped playing around when Cid Raines came out so OSBs and USBs are totally new to me as is the 99 cap.

As I try to adjust myself I'm finding myself unable to thrash the ultimates for the level 99 crystals. Damage done to me is the issue.

My Setup:

Ysh: Prot/Shell/Curaja - Stoneskin(wall)

Faris: Fullbreak/Thief Revenge - Beryl Serpent(a whole lot of debuffs)

Beatrix: Lifesiphon/Saint Cross - Seiken Shock(party magic blink)

Bartz: Lifesiphon/Spellblade - Trueblade(def+) and Light of the Four(damage time)

Ramza: Lifesiphon/Banishing Blade/??? - Tailwind(aoe heal) <this is my weak spot now looking at all the new healing poo poo that is out

Lightning: Full Charge/Power Chain - Requiem(damage)

RW: Shout

So yeah is the answer just come back with bigger newer guns? I have the orbs for any new spell/skill I want aside from 6 stars, would anything new help?

I have 150 mythril to fix this poo poo on current and coming banners.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 14, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh nice my whole party got paralyzed on turn 2, gently caress you too Bahamut

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Fat and Useless posted:

Alrighty! I stopped playing around when Cid Raines came out so OSBs and USBs are totally new to me as is the 99 cap.

As I try to adjust myself I'm finding myself unable to thrash the ultimates for the level 99 crystals. Damage done to me is the issue.

My Setup:

Ysh: Prot/Shell/Curaja - Stoneskin(wall)

Faris: Fullbreak/Thief Revenge - Beryl Serpent(a whole lot of debuffs)

Beatrix: Lifesiphon/Saint Cross - Seiken Shock(party magic blink)

Bartz: Lifesiphon/Spellblade - Trueblade(prot) and Light of the Four(damage time)

Ramza: Lifesiphon/Banishing Blade/??? - Tailwind(aoe heal) <this is my weak spot now looking at all the new healing poo poo that is out

Lightning: Full Charge/Power Chain - Requiem(damage)

RW: Shout

So yeah is the answer just come back with bigger newer guns? I have the orbs for any new spell/skill I want aside from 6 stars, would anything new help?

I have 150 mythril to fix this poo poo on current and coming banners.
Well, first off, who are you bringing? That's six people.

Beryl Serpent is full breakdown on entry so it's pointless to bring full break on faris, for one. (Also trueblade is +def, not protect; it stacks with protect)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

it rarely comes into play in serious endgame content but why the gently caress are so many bosses in 13 stuff out of range of melee attacks

Because that's how it was in FF13.

Of course, every character had some sort of ranged attack available, so it didn't really matter there. Here? gently caress you.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Fister Roboto posted:

Because that's how it was in FF13.

Of course, every character had some sort of ranged attack available, so it didn't really matter there. Here? gently caress you.

I'm surprised there aren't more mechanics like that to differentiate between realms, like giving half the FFXII bosses Palings... wait, never mind.

I'd still rather deal with a dozen ranged-only battles than another ultimate++++ Bart fight.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

MikeSevigny posted:

I'd still rather deal with a dozen ranged-only battles than another ultimate++++ Bart fight.

Guess who the Torment for FF13 is!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I ended up pulling on the second banner since it is the best known mage meta banner for a long time, despite dreading the inevitable battle standard.

And yeah, I got a battle standard. Alongside Vanille's USB and Cid's BSB!

This event's U++ is trivialized by affliction break + the USB. The boss was only able to apply stop once to a single character. It is also nice not having to bring protectga or shellga.

My mage team is coming along nicely. I've got Quistis's BSB, Terra RWing Onion Knight's BSB alongside her OSB, and Cid Raines's BSB. I just need a healing BSB or a ton of holy orbs to hone some more white magic and I should be good to tackle the torment dungeons.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any chance of us getting the Holy Chain banner thats on the spreadsheet of Japanese events? I feel like I'd rather wait and pull on that for Raines BSB because theres more stuff I'd want on that.

Also I have 55 mythril at the moment and it'll be a photo finish nabbing the next 20 before the lucky draws (and I'll probably end up skipping the Dungeon Update Lucky draw). Although, I was actually wondering if I was going to skip one of the banners, would it be best to skip the EnElement banner because of the greater likelihood of getting Unique SBs instead of SSB+? I definitely don't want to miss the Medica and Burst banners, but between the Dungeon Update and EnElement I feel like its kind of a toss-up.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That summon ult would have been nothing without Rush. But the whole fight was basically don't get screwed by Bahamut. Ignoring Doctor Mog and giving him the beatdown first was the key.

Also Raines and his imperil Holy that I grabbed from the dollar pull. Raines and Orlandeau are a dangerous pair of Cids.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Is there any chance of us getting the Holy Chain banner thats on the spreadsheet of Japanese events? I feel like I'd rather wait and pull on that for Raines BSB because theres more stuff I'd want on that.

Also I have 55 mythril at the moment and it'll be a photo finish nabbing the next 20 before the lucky draws (and I'll probably end up skipping the Dungeon Update Lucky draw). Although, I was actually wondering if I was going to skip one of the banners, would it be best to skip the EnElement banner because of the greater likelihood of getting Unique SBs instead of SSB+? I definitely don't want to miss the Medica and Burst banners, but between the Dungeon Update and EnElement I feel like its kind of a toss-up.

If you mean the one after the XI banner then yeah, we'll almost certainly get. In fact if they do go bonkers and skip the XI it's even more likely since that otherwise delays the introduction of the Chain mechanic until Tidus' Water Chain.

If you mean the Fest banner that had it, that's from the fest after this (heard it dubbed Extreme Fest).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

If they don't curate the Enelement banner, it's probably the 'safest' to skip, since the only non-SSB+ relic in the Curaga banner is Tyro's Healing Grimoire.

I'm probably going to skip the Curaga banner myself; I have three decent healer BSBs (Eiko, Penelo, Rosa), and while Vanille/Y'shtola would be nice to have, not to the degree that I need them. None of the SSBs are gonna grab me either, aside from maybe Yuna's SSB2.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Well, first off, who are you bringing? That's six people.

Beryl Serpent is full breakdown on entry so it's pointless to bring full break on faris, for one. (Also trueblade is +def, not protect; it stacks with protect)

On non magical bosses the magic blink gets swapped for the thing that does more damage and nothing else(Lightning)

I might swap Ramza's insta limit to Faris if that's the case but then if I do what am I throwing on her as the second ability? Defense breakdown?

And yes I knew about Trueblade but mislabeled it anyway which is why Ysh also says Prot.

With stacking buff shenanigans out of the way my only other character of note that would be useful in this situation because Ramza is no longer pulling his weight is Garnet and Divine Guardian(Haste, Heavy Regen, Mag Res).

Lightning, Bartz, Faris, Beatrix, Garnet RW: Wall - I lose the shout bonus attack in that case for a better attacker and Mag Resist

Eh it's only one stamina I'll give it a test run. Are there any new walls/shouts I don't know of that would help here? I'd really like one of these new-fangled SBs that heal or barrier you when hit.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 14, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LornMarkus posted:

If you mean the one after the XI banner then yeah, we'll almost certainly get. In fact if they do go bonkers and skip the XI it's even more likely since that otherwise delays the introduction of the Chain mechanic until Tidus' Water Chain.

If you mean the Fest banner that had it, that's from the fest after this (heard it dubbed Extreme Fest).

Yeah, the one after the XI event with the WoL chain as the headliner. Theres a lot of nice gear on that banner besides Raines (WoL Chain and BSB, Agrias enLight, etc).

At the moment I only have two medicas (Ovelia and Selphie), so the Curaga banner is pretty attractive too.

I'm running a physical team with Cid Shout now, but I'm hoping to start working on improving my dark team soon. Right now I'm thinking:

Seifer w/ Dark Bargain (or Lifesiphon) & Banishing Strike (BSB and 2 SSBs- Death by Committee +ATK/+MAG buff)
Golbez w/ Dark Mage Combo (EnDark SSB and BSB)
Fusoya w/ 5* Chain Black Magics (Imperil Dark SSB that comes with +MAG/+MND)
Tyro w/ Full Break & ____Breakdown (and hopefully get Wall or something for him, otherwise I"ll have to slot in Barrett as my only 5* support with a SSB+)
A White Mage (Ovelia or Selphie) for heal & pro/shellga (with Medica)

If I get a Cid Raines RW, I could put it on Fusoya after imperiling Dark, and it'd give me three unique +MAG buffs, and Seifer can independently buff his attack as well.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Trying to spend my stam before bed, I have to go hunting for an elite dungeon that DOESN'T give a stam shard.
Didn't want to go 5/5 and have stam go to waste.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fat and Useless posted:

Eh it's only one stamina I'll give it a test run. Are there any new walls/shouts I don't know of that would help here? I'd really like one of these new-fangled SBs that heal or barrier you when hit.

If you just quit around Cid Raines introduction, that's not that long ago. Cid VII has a Shout clone now, perfectly identical to Ramza's. Walls are still limited to the ones Tyro and Y'shtola have. But it seems like you don't have a proper medica on a healer right now? (Actual white mage, not Ramza).

As for pulling, wait a week or two. We're now very close to the Anniversary, and one of the banners is going to be a Lucky Draw for Curaga-tier medicas. Then there is a normal banner with player voted items, with two Burst medicas and a SSB medica, and Onion Knight BSB (+30 Atk/+30 Mag, Hastega) AND Ramza's Shout on it. And hell, we're expecting a dungeon update Lucky Draw to hit very soon, which I believe was III/IX/Tactics, so another chance at some very good stuff.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Johnny Aztec posted:

Trying to spend my stam before bed, I have to go hunting for an elite dungeon that DOESN'T give a stam shard.
Didn't want to go 5/5 and have stam go to waste.
Just run the daily. Sure it's a crap one but at least you used it for something.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Attestant posted:

If you just quit around Cid Raines introduction, that's not that long ago. Cid VII has a Shout clone now, perfectly identical to Ramza's. Walls are still limited to the ones Tyro and Y'shtola have. But it seems like you don't have a proper medica on a healer right now? (Actual white mage, not Ramza).

As for pulling, wait a week or two. We're now very close to the Anniversary, and one of the banners is going to be a Lucky Draw for Curaga-tier medicas. Then there is a normal banner with player voted items, with two Burst medicas and a SSB medica, and Onion Knight BSB (+30 Atk/+30 Mag, Hastega) AND Ramza's Shout on it. And hell, we're expecting a dungeon update Lucky Draw to hit very soon, which I believe was III/IX/Tactics, so another chance at some very good stuff.

Nope, tailwind used to be fine for older 160's but now I'm choking. Heavy regen is my only other option for party healing.

The thing that's always kept me away from hunting medicas was I had a native Yshtola wall when she came out damage taken didn't exist, then later shout happened I didn't get lucky on shout but Ramza could full break and heal forever, then Faris got every break ever and Ramza sits there with tailwind and lifesiphon sometimes dispelling doing piss for damage. Now Ramza can't keep up with defense ignoring attacks and the rounds it takes to get everyone fully buffed and debuffed.

What I'm wondering about is if it's better to have a good medica and Ysh which means less party damage but living as opposed to no Ysh and a good medica where I have to RW a wall losing out on shout but having another dps swinging their beat stick. I have CId VII's goggles for damage fun times and now I feel like I just missed some shout action of one of those FF7 banners that just happened.

Anyway I can live without level 99 for now, I'll see what these shiny new banners have on them and figure something out for healing.

Update: Lightning, Bartz, Garnet, Beatrix, Faris RW Wall almost beat it but I stated casting the second wall a turn too late and mucked it up. I think I've got this.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fat and Useless posted:

Nope, tailwind used to be fine for older 160's but now I'm choking. Heavy regen is my only other option for party healing.

The thing that's always kept me away from hunting medicas was I had a native Yshtola wall when she came out damage taken didn't exist, then later shout happened I didn't get lucky on shout but Ramza could full break and heal forever, then Faris got every break ever and Ramza sits there with tailwind and lifesiphon sometimes dispelling doing piss for damage. Now Ramza can't keep up with defense ignoring attacks and the rounds it takes to get everyone fully buffed and debuffed.

What I'm wondering about is if it's better to have a good medica and Ysh which means less party damage but living as opposed to no Ysh and a good medica where I have to RW a wall losing out on shout but having another dps swinging their beat stick. I have CId VII's goggles for damage fun times and now I feel like I just missed some shout action of one of those FF7 banners that just happened.

Anyway I can live without level 99 for now, I'll see what these shiny new banners have on them and figure something out for healing.

Update: Lightning, Bartz, Garnet, Beatrix, Faris RW Wall almost beat it but I stated casting the second wall a turn too late and mucked it up. I think I've got this.

Yeah, honestly you're in a bit of an awkward situation with Y'shtola Wall + Ramza Tailwind. I'd probably gun hard for Shout or Vessel of Fate during anniversary, so you can RW Wall instead, and have a dedicated healer from the Curaga Lucky Draw.

Alternatively, Curaga Lucky Draw for heals, RW Shout or Vessel of Fate, and just... not run Wall at all. A good offense can be the best defense, and Wall isn't quite as mandatory as it used to be. (Plenty of defense ignoring attacks these days from bosses.)

• Locked thread