Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Super episode delay makes me sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

bowmore posted:

Super episode delay makes me sad :(

Anyone know what caused it? Holiday in Japan?

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

seiferguy posted:

Anyone know what caused it? Holiday in Japan?

I was curious and looked up the episode on Youtube which led to a video that said that it's because they were airing a women's marathon race instead. Not sure if getting trolled or not but that's pretty funny/dangit if true.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well DBS is a marathon considering how much shouting they get that nice old lady to do.

I dont think the kids appreciated it tho

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Did Android 18 win the race.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Did Android 18 win the race.

Well yeah, the whole deal with the Androids is that they didn't tire ipso facto she won the race

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well DBS is a marathon considering how much shouting they get that nice old lady to do.

I dont think the kids appreciated it tho

I just realized she's been doing Goku's voice for longer than I've been alive. Dang.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The nice old lady has to do the shouting for multiple characters who shout a lot including a story arc where she has to shout at herself.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The nice old lady has to do the shouting for multiple characters who shout a lot including a story arc where she has to shout at herself.

Dragonball owns.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly one of the best things about Black's voice acting is that he doesn't actually shout a lot. He has the calm self-assurance of the truly deranged.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do you think Ginyu could body swap Beerus?

If he could why didnt he use it on Frieza?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

ImpAtom posted:

I am actually curious as to how much of her shouting is fresh recordings and how much is from a giant database of Nozawa shouts they have lying around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Because he is LOYAL.

Also because Frieza is aware of his ability and probably paranoid enough to be expecting it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rutibex posted:

Would YOU want to risk failing to steal the body of the guy who is magnitudes stronger than you are?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Would YOU want to risk failing to steal the body of the guy who is magnitudes stronger than you are?

doing exactly that is literally ginyu's only trick

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Especially sine Ginyu was ALREADY orders of magnitude stronger than anyone he knew of besides the Frost Demons and probably had a cushy position as Freeza's top gun. Why risk messing up stealing Freeza's body and getting atomized when he could just keep doing what he was doing and have basically all the comforts and privilages he could want?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If he took over frieza then who was gonna pay him???????????????????????????????

You gotta think of these things morans

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely never got the idea Ginyu was ambitious. He seemed genuinely happy to be the leader of his goofy superhero team.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely never got the idea Ginyu was ambitious. He seemed genuinely happy to be the leader of his goofy superhero team.

Exactly. He had fame, glory, an endless conveyorbelt of curb-stomp battles, an extremely generous employer, and a team of friends with whom to win battles and strike poses. What more could a body-snatching alien warrior want?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He was pretty much the strongest person around except for his boss(and relatives) and Frieza seemed to actually respect and listen to him unlike his other henchmen.
In addition to that cushy position Freeza wouldn't mind him taking over anybody stronger than Ginyu's current body; so in the case he meets somebody stronger he can just go ahead.

Ginyu pretty much had a best-case scenario going on really.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe that's why the Ginyu stuff never quite sat well with me in DBM, as much as "Ginyu is hiding in someone's body but we don't know who!" is a decent premise for a fan-comic to include.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

His Supersonic Warriors story where he helps Freiza get the Earth's Dragonballs and then wishes for his team back was the nicest thing. There's also Fusions where the whole team teaches you how to do Ultra Fusion, and your guys in turn show them the fusion dance, so you can all be super posing buddies. The Ginyu force is great, too bad about them being evil and dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

doing exactly that is literally ginyu's only trick

Yeah, but Freeza is scarier than pretty much anyone else he's met. He kills henchmen like it's a bodily function.

Momomo posted:

His Supersonic Warriors story where he helps Freiza get the Earth's Dragonballs and then wishes for his team back was the nicest thing.

Too bad about the ending of that, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

His Supersonic Warriors story where he helps Freiza get the Earth's Dragonballs and then wishes for his team back was the nicest thing. There's also Fusions where the whole team teaches you how to do Ultra Fusion, and your guys in turn show them the fusion dance, so you can all be super posing buddies. The Ginyu force is great, too bad about them being evil and dead.

He is also a total bro as your mentor in the Xenoverse games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a site / service that streams DBZ: Kai? I'd preferred subbed but can live with dubbed.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The best thing about grandma Goku is that she still has so much energy.

I'm kinda floored how much talent it takes to be a screaming fighter and pull it off for millions of viewers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
She's poo poo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've gotten used to Grandma Goku, but Grandma Gohan and Grandma Goten are still pretty bad. Hearing Future Gohan with that voice gave me whiplash because it's just so unfitting.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Grandma Bardock is the worst. I don't really like Grandmas Goku or especially Goten, but I'm alright with Grandma Gohan.

I really like Grandma Black.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've gotten used to granny goku as well but I still don't really care for her va as anyone

mostly it just makes it weird going back and forth from that to the dub voices

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grandma Goku/Black are fine with me, but I really wish they got a different VA for the rest of Goku's male relatives.

Did she do Raditz, too? Jeez.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Grandma Goku/Black are fine with me, but I really wish they got a different VA for the rest of Goku's male relatives.

Did she do Raditz, too? Jeez.

No, though she did do Turles.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm FINE with Nozawa Goku even though Sean is better, but yeah the family tree crap is bad.

That said Nozawa Black ruuuuules and what little of Sean Black we've gotten I'm not wild about.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

I'm FINE with Nozawa Goku even though Sean is better, but yeah the family tree crap is bad.

That said Nozawa Black ruuuuules and what little of Sean Black we've gotten I'm not wild about.

to be fair to Sean

They likely just told him to do EVIL GOKU voice.

Not

Smug Smarmy Holier Than Thou Goku

We know he can do that voice. He just wasn't told to. I don't think Goku Black even SAID anything before Sean did his take

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I've not played Xenoverse but didn't he record that before he know who Black was? Hopefully he'll put a more aristocratic, Zamasu-esque tone into it now we know what his deal is

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Don't the Xenoverse voice actors have literally no context for any of their lines? Like they're just given a textdump from the Japanese developer.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Don't the Xenoverse voice actors have literally no context for any of their lines? Like they're just given a textdump from the Japanese developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pOmjZdAhFw

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
English dub VA's are lucky to know who their character is at this point

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've been thinking alot about it and decided - this Sunday I really hope Toppo kicks Goku's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want Toppo to rush Goku at max power and just wail on him without allowing a single second for the usual powering up bullshit

Slay evil immediately, let's finally see a dude who goes from 0 to 60 in one punch flat and doesn't gently caress around

• Locked thread