Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

ex post facho posted:

it happened because he was suggesting that maybe, just maybe, trump winning had more to do with factors beyond russia, and abeula's honor simply could not be impugned like that

I find it pretty annoying when people jump on any discussion of Russia with "Russia didn't hack the elections this is just Hillarymen covering their asses". Russia doesn't have to be responsible for hacking the election results in order to be a problem, poo poo like Trump's business relations and possible debts to Russia, the number of Russian-affiliated people working with him, the possibility of Russia compromising or blackmailing him or high-level officials in his White House, and even the entirely unforced and natural affinity that right-wing nationalists have for Putin-style strongman politics are all legitimate concerns that shouldn't be swept away by buying into Trump's own narrative about sour grapes.

Same for responding to accusations of interference with "what like we've never interfered in elections?", which is stupid - that was bad then, this is bad now, and it's not news that people are mad if their own elections are the ones getting interfered with, what's even the point?

Edit: There are definitely Hillarymen covering their asses and hashtag resistance types hyperventilating about Mastermind Putin couping the U.S. government but that's not the only thing going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Quisling posted:

that's not jaco though

gently caress really

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

OhFunny posted:

Nice Op Security there.

I don't think this counts as opsec, it's a clear considered provocation aimed at Kim himself. Whether they hope that it'll make him think of his mortality or something else, dunno, but I don't know if it's really wise to escalate in the midst of a political scandal.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm v excited to see this score

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Also it caused quite a stir in Austria when they replaced them because Russia wanted to unload a ton of Mig-29s for cheap, but the rest of Europe browbeat them into buying uglyass Eurofighter Typhoons.

What were the Russians thinking? Austria isn't going to fly loving Migs.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/grabmybutstick/status/841373647604400130

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dolash posted:

I find it pretty annoying when people jump on any discussion of Russia with "Russia didn't hack the elections this is just Hillarymen covering their asses". Russia doesn't have to be responsible for hacking the election results in order to be a problem, poo poo like Trump's business relations and possible debts to Russia, the number of Russian-affiliated people working with him, the possibility of Russia compromising or blackmailing him or high-level officials in his White House, and even the entirely unforced and natural affinity that right-wing nationalists have for Putin-style strongman politics are all legitimate concerns that shouldn't be swept away by buying into Trump's own narrative about sour grapes.

Same for responding to accusations of interference with "what like we've never interfered in elections?", which is stupid - that was bad then, this is bad now, and it's not news that people are mad if their own elections are the ones getting interfered with, what's even the point?

Edit: There are definitely Hillarymen covering their asses and hashtag resistance types hyperventilating about Mastermind Putin couping the U.S. government but that's not the only thing going on.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

same but only if its 420 or 69 or 666

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

triple sulk posted:

The Chelsea march is going to be bad op

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

orange sky posted:

Hm, ok... I need help guys. Is this real?

https://www.facebook.com/fusionmedianetwork/videos/1376615242405719/

Because I honestly can't believe it's real and it's really freaking me out.

We've been doing this forever. It hasn't like... loving changed anything or made anything better, but a big part of the conservative movement in this country is based around 'doin' things to piss of the libs' even if they're useless, stupid, or actively self-destructive. The kind of people who set up "Muslim free zones" are the kind of people who will turn on all their lights for earth day.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/benjysarlin/status/841377838775336960

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lol shook part two

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/841377418829021184

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

someone plz educate the thread on cbo scores so i can properly magnify my rage to facebook shortly after

They're educated guesses more than anything. A starting point to argue about, but certainly not super-accurate.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

triple sulk posted:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

this is weird, because there's no obvious reason for a fungus to grow tall

trees do so because they compete for light, but fungi aren't photosynthetic -- at least, not today

maybe they hosted symbiotic algae like modern lichens?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Anyone know if the CBO is allowed to use "dynamic scoring"? I remember that decision ping-ponging a few times in the last Obama term and I can't remember where it ended up. Obviously, the Trump administration is too dumb to actually have had it changed in their favor if it wasn't already.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
*Lying Crooked CBO

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cucked
By
Obama

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Duscat posted:

this is weird, because there's no obvious reason for a fungus to grow tall

trees do so because they compete for light, but fungi aren't photosynthetic -- at least, not today

maybe they hosted symbiotic algae like modern lichens?

Maybe their spores weren't too good so growing tall gave them a reproductive advantage?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Joementum posted:

Yes, I still believe that it's more likely that the DNC hack was done by a non-government group who sold the information to Russia and / or Wikileaks, rather than something directed and controlled by the Russian government, which the CIA claims, but has not offered anywhere near convincing proof of, in my view. But I'm really bored of arguing about that distinction and if people want to believe I'm wrong, go ahead.

I'd still suggest waiting 48 hours before believing anything the NYT or Washington Post or Slate write about Russia and espionage, given how many time (still, to this day!) they get debunked in that timeframe.

I read a big piece the other day that alleged the same group that hacked podesta and the DNC (or maybe just one of them) is trying similar phishing attacks on major parties in upcoming European elections and security people are pretty sure it's them because of signatures or something I'll have to find that later and post bits of it here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum posted:

Anyone know if the CBO is allowed to use "dynamic scoring"? I remember that decision ping-ponging a few times in the last Obama term and I can't remember where it ended up. Obviously, the Trump administration is too dumb to actually have had it changed in their favor if it wasn't already.

according to wiki, they're required to do dynamic scoring as of '14?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_scoring

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

orange sky posted:

what the gently caress

not being a dick here but how old are you?

because yeah this poo poo has been around since 2001

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

triple sulk posted:

Cucked
By
Obama

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah seriously lol, also definitely not American

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

Cucked
By
Obama

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/841365206173380608

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

zegermans posted:

I thought Joementum had a healthy skepticism of CIA and other intelligence claims.

iirc the only thing he roundly said was dumb was the claims that russia hacked the election which is of course bogus

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

I think that they finally oozed that poo poo through so "dynamic scoring" is a thing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

CBO wake up you old bitch. Make the score.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
trump is our first quantum president

all his tweets both contain and do not contain air-quotes and they both are and are not jokes all at once

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

I seem to recall some news reports about CBO fuckery right at the start of the congressional term

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

27yo European

I knew there was a latent muslim hate, but I had no idea people were so outspoken about it and you could actually ... you know... say all that poo poo on camera without going to jail?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Someone tell me what Dynamic Scoring means?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

triple sulk posted:

Cucked
By
Obama

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/841380568252198913

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

orange sky posted:

27yo European

I knew there was a latent muslim hate, but I had no idea people were so outspoken about it and you could actually ... you know... say all that poo poo on camera without going to jail?

Americans are real dumb about freedom of speech

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/841377303208812546

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/americanhealthcareact.pdf

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mormonpartyboat posted:

according to wiki, they're required to do dynamic scoring as of '14?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_scoring

Yeah, but that just passed the House, though I found a newspaper article saying that there was a rule adopted to include it on House bills, but that the new CBO director in 2015 would have to work with them on the details. :shrug:

Anyway, the budget impact on this analysis is less important than the CBO's prior promise to evaluate how many people would lose insurance, which can't be dynamically scored.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Reduces insured by 24 million lol by 2026

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

trump is our first quantum president

all his tweets both contain and do not contain air-quotes and they both are and are not jokes all at once

we elected one of those dudes who makes youtube "prank" videos where they steal black peoples cell phones, and then when they get caught and knocked the gently caress out they go IT WAS A PRANK BRO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/841380452502011904

• Locked thread