Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My issue with food is that I eat so goddamn fast, and never get a chance to feel full.

I'm not a fat goon, and usually go through periods of working out. But diet will always be my issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Hot Diggity! posted:

I suggest drinking heavily and eating a bunch of Indian food

i bicycled 25 miles yesterday and worked at night, it's a wonder I didn't fall asleep fast

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Cutting out bread and sugar worked for me

Heroin works better.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Hot Diggity! posted:

I suggest drinking heavily and eating a bunch of Indian food

Works for me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Heroin works better.

Do heroin in your 20s and your pretty lean for life. Anthony keidis would agree.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fitness goals: Anthony Kiedis

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Doing a stand bike at the gym is great.

You can spend like 30 mins on it and then realize you've traveled 20 miles or some poo poo.

Really is great cardio.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Lol at the concept of biking 40mph

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I managed 20 miles on a standing bike in a gym in an hour

At a low setting with little resistance

I made 40mph on a bike once

Going down an incredibly long steep hill pissing my pants

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This is the order:

1. Lift weights. Use iron barbells and plates to break your body down so it can be built back stronger and harder. After that?
2. Smoke weed. The finest sativa strain to relax and really get a mind-muscle connection with your sore, beaten down muscle. Now that your mind is right..
3. Cook delicious meal. Oyakodon? Do you have any idea how tasty that is and how fast it repairs your muscles??

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

seiferguy posted:

My issue with food is that I eat so goddamn fast, and never get a chance to feel full.

I'm not a fat goon, and usually go through periods of working out. But diet will always be my issue.

What up "are you even tasting it?" buddy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Blitz7x posted:

What up "are you even tasting it?" buddy

For me, it's when people bring food at work for whatever events, and they're all "eat up! I don't want to have to bring this home" and I'll just think "well... okay."

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What is this madness!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This is the order:

1. Lift weights. Use iron barbells and plates to break your body down so it can be built back stronger and harder. After that?
2. Smoke weed. The finest sativa strain to relax and really get a mind-muscle connection with your sore, beaten down muscle. Now that your mind is right..
3. Cook delicious meal. Oyakodon? Do you have any idea how tasty that is and how fast it repairs your muscles??

You go against everything I stand for

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

You go against everything I stand for

California needs a "one in, one out" policy, so we can trade you for someone who can appreciate seafood and pot, while also bringing a dedication to self-improvement and fatshaming. I think you'd like Wyoming better.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Who doesn't like pot? Pot for everyone.

It just makes me fall asleep super fast so I don't do it often

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

It's super duper illegal in Texas and every oil and gas company will randomly test with aplomb

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Blitz7x posted:

It's super duper illegal in Texas and every oil and gas company will randomly test with aplomb

but i'm sure those companies don't give a poo poo if you get blackout drunk every night or pistol whip your kids.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

gently caress Texas.

I'm glad Zeke outed himself as a sexual assaulter so I can continue to have moral victories over Cowboys fans. Frank Clark who?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Marijuana robs you of your initiative. If I didn't smoke I would probably own several companies by now

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Marijuana robs you of your initiative. If I didn't smoke I would probably own several companies by now

It doesn't rob you of initiative, it just opens your third eye so you can see that poo poo is pointless and your life has no meaning. Some of my best cardio was while I was high as poo poo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
oh God, going to the gym high...that is usually a disaster. Last time I did I just ended up sitting on the assisted-pull up machine's pad where you put your knees and playing Sonic 2 on my iPhone until my lifting buddy finished his workout

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
When I was rock climbing it was super hard. I kept falling off the wall and giggling. When I was on the elliptical I would just shut my brain off and pedal eternally while getting really focused on Mike Duncan's descriptions of Alaric the Goth.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

oh God, going to the gym high...that is usually a disaster. Last time I did I just ended up sitting on the assisted-pull up machine's pad where you put your knees and playing Sonic 2 on my iPhone until my lifting buddy finished his workout

Free your mind, Neo.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Y'all just need to find the right strain for different situations. There are a few high CBD low THC Sativas I like a lot for remaining cognitively functional while physically relaxed, which make for a productive time whether it be washing dishes or working out, very different from a high THC Indica which knocks me the gently caress out while making my way through MST3K's back library.

Edit: drat you autocorrect

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Like, seriously. How do you smoke weed and not fall asleep instantly. Have I smoked indica weed every single time or what

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
sativa when I paint with watercolors, Indica when I'm binge watching Brooklyn 99 at 2 am trying to sleep

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a neat cape posted:

Like, seriously. How do you smoke weed and not fall asleep instantly. Have I smoked indica weed every single time or what

It depends on a huge number of factors, indica, sativa, and hybrids are the major differentiations, but even amongst them there's huge variation on levels of cannabinoids (CBD and THC being the most often cited), they can impact everyone differently, and that's not even getting into how psychoactive substances can have radically different physical effect depending on setting, mood, etc. It's been my experience that some supposedly anti-anxiety strains trigger my anxiety like crazy, while others work wonders, so it's hugely subjective, and even reviews on Leafly or wherever won't be the end-all in describing effects. Ultimately it can take some tinkering to figure out what does what for you, but that's all assuming you want to put any time and effort into it, which is more than most people care to.

tldr: just smoke some weed and relax, or don't, whatever floats your boat

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Thaddius the Large posted:

It depends on a huge number of factors, indica, sativa, and hybrids are the major differentiations, but even amongst them there's huge variation on levels of cannabinoids (CBD and THC being the most often cited), they can impact everyone differently, and that's not even getting into how psychoactive substances can have radically different physical effect depending on setting, mood, etc. It's been my experience that some supposedly anti-anxiety strains trigger my anxiety like crazy, while others work wonders, so it's hugely subjective, and even reviews on Leafly or wherever won't be the end-all in describing effects. Ultimately it can take some tinkering to figure out what does what for you, but that's all assuming you want to put any time and effort into it, which is more than most people care to.

tldr: just smoke some weed and relax, or don't, whatever floats your boat

What is really interesting (to me at least) is that since the legalization or widespread medicinal use, many growers are experimenting to create strands that target specific symptoms. On chemo and need something that will increase your appetite and reduce your nausea? Then you might want a different strain than someone who has insomnia or chronic pain. Marijuana has been in a literal catch 22, its schedule one which means it has no medical value and cannot be researched. In order to make it Schedule 2 (like cocaine) you have to provide some evidence of its medical necessity, but you can't do that because its schedule 1!

We could have been experimenting and synthesizing strains that do very specific things for years now, but have only started to scratch the surface. Its similar to stem cell research, thanks to the ban the US is basically a decade behind the rest of the world.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah thanks loving Ronald Regan and the War on Drugs!

It all comes down to money and politics and a bunch of bullshit.

Now, excuse me while I go smoke a blunt and listen to music and chill.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

What is really interesting (to me at least) is that since the legalization or widespread medicinal use, many growers are experimenting to create strands that target specific symptoms. On chemo and need something that will increase your appetite and reduce your nausea? Then you might want a different strain than someone who has insomnia or chronic pain. Marijuana has been in a literal catch 22, its schedule one which means it has no medical value and cannot be researched. In order to make it Schedule 2 (like cocaine) you have to provide some evidence of its medical necessity, but you can't do that because its schedule 1!

We could have been experimenting and synthesizing strains that do very specific things for years now, but have only started to scratch the surface. Its similar to stem cell research, thanks to the ban the US is basically a decade behind the rest of the world.

Hell, I love it too, it's nice to prove that my dicking around isn't entirely confirmation bias or based solely on the ramblings of whatever hippies I bump into at the local head shop/dispensary. I'm by no means an expert on this, I don't have nearly the palate nor tolerance (or free time for that matter) that others do for experimenting, but in my limited experience I've been able to find some strains that work better for me than others on obtaining different effects, be it the aforementioned anxiety management, sleep aid, or recreational relaxation.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hell, I love it too, it's nice to prove that my dicking around isn't entirely confirmation bias or based solely on the ramblings of whatever hippies I bump into at the local head shop/dispensary. I'm by no means an expert on this, I don't have nearly the palate nor tolerance (or free time for that matter) that others do for experimenting, but in my limited experience I've been able to find some strains that work better for me than others on obtaining different effects, be it the aforementioned anxiety management, sleep aid, or recreational relaxation.

Depending on where you live and the setup, talk to the people at the shop. There is a concerted effort through crosspollination to make strains for specific things, and its rooted in science. There are literally thousands of cannabinoids, all of which have various effects.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If you really wanna get hosed up eat the edibles.

But watch out, some people put Ketamine in them and wooo boy.

When the dealer says don't eat the whole thing.

Don't eat the whole thing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A Man and his dog posted:

I wish I heeded this advice last November :gonk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

This is why pot needs to be legal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah thanks loving Ronald Regan and the War on Drugs!

It all comes down to money and politics and a bunch of bullshit.

Now, excuse me while I go smoke a blunt and listen to music and chill.

Wrong Republican president

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm pretty sure my hair stylist was high when she cut my hair last week. She did a fine job, but she was not her normal self, thought things were way funnier than they actually were, was louder than normal and had glassy eyes.

Talk about a sticky situation!!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Undercut, right?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
weed is good but I'm with ross in that I always consume it and then melt into a couch for a few hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I just gain a higher appreciation of music and am more likely to laugh at dumb poo poo.

• Locked thread