Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Apologies to the Bulls and Knicks fans in this thread. Everyone else would you rather currently be a Knicks fan or Bulls fan?

That's a pretty tough question, but Bulls probably because they only have one more year after this one for their two lovely albatross contracts vs two and three for Melo and Noah.

Dexo posted:

I mean I think Reinsdorf is a better owner than Dolan.

Hell he's a hall-of-fame-level owner.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Noel is out a third game in a row due to his sore left knee. He was originally supposed to be back today. Either they are going all in on team tank or Noel's knee is going to make people briefly think he won't get max this summer. (He will get max from someone and the Mavs will match it.) I like to imagine they told Dirk they are tanking and he decided screw that, explaining his recent good play.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
What albatross contracts do the Bulls have that are even in the realm of Noah and Melo?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Melo's contract is not really an albatross tbh. Like it's not a great deal but isn't the worst thing in the world assuming you have other flexibility especially since KP is on a rookie scale deal for a bunch more years.

Then you gave Noah all the money.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/99126082/

This whole family is so punchable.

Lavar Ball posted:

During the interview, Ball also said he is prepared to package Lonzo and his two other sons — LiAngelo, a high school senior who has signed with UCLA, and LaMelo, a high school sophomore who has committed to UCLA — for a marketing deal with Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.

“A billion dollars, it has to be there,’’ Ball said. “That’s our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don’t even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 mil over 10 years.’’

The Ball boys already are riding in style — at least the two that have driver’s licenses. Lonzo and LiAngelo each drive $100,000 BMWs, said Ball, who is a self-employed personal trainer and whose wife, Tina, is a middle school physical education teacher.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Can we get the guy who did Tonya Harding?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wait why does he think he gets the billion dollars?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I hate this whole family already.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

I hate this whole family already.

I want them all to bust.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

“A billion dollars, it has to be there,’’ Ball said. “That’s our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don’t even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 mil over 10 years.’’

Dear Ball Boys, you may want a new negotiatior if your dad thinks $100 million over 10 years is $1 billion

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

Wait why does he think he gets the billion dollars?

To sponsor all three of his kids in a package deal.

I'm rooting for everything LeVar Ball says to come true just to make it even more outlandish.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want him to succeed and run the Celtics into the ground

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

To sponsor all three of his kids in a package deal.

I'm rooting for everything LeVar Ball says to come true just to make it even more outlandish.

No. He loving sucks. He's a stage dad.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I really think Ball is going to bust. That shot is so loving hideous.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Pistons could have this man but instead he's on the evil Cavs. Ready to body up Kelvin Durant and swing the finals. I'm very excited to watch him play again.

I hope he's at least 85% of what he was, because he essentially gives them what Thompson gives them but with height, length, and the ability to finish the odd PNR.

The lineup of Kylie, Earl Joseph Smith, Lebaron, Love the concept and the man himself, and Lurryy Sanders matches up pretty well against the radium poisoned Wardell Curie, Bentonite Clay Tompson, Ann-Hey My wife wears a Wigoudala, Naymond Green, Kelvin Duramp

the Warriors still have the shooting, but Durant in power forward attack mode on defense is perhaps unfair. Cavs fans need to hope Curry wwill stay in this long slump.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 13, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dear Ball Boys, you may want a new negotiatior if your dad thinks $100 million over 10 years is $1 billion

lol

the younger Ball spending an entire game cherrypicking and making layups to score like 92 points seems to sum this family up pretty nicely.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I hope the Ball boys all succeed and freeze dad out once they make it

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

Noel is out a third game in a row due to his sore left knee. He was originally supposed to be back today. Either they are going all in on team tank or Noel's knee is going to make people briefly think he won't get max this summer. (He will get max from someone and the Mavs will match it.) I like to imagine they told Dirk they are tanking and he decided screw that, explaining his recent good play.

I definitely think Noel is an NBA starter, but a max contract player? I don't see that. It's not like teams can afford more than a few max contract players.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Sometimes these things sort themselves out. Wasn't Dario Saric's dad notorious for also saying dumb poo poo back when he was first drafted? Either that winded down and he smartened up or people stopped paying attention to him.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Iggy fined $10K. Not sure this is a good look, Silver.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Jackie D posted:

This would be my ideal scenario I think

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

I really think Ball is going to bust. That shot is so loving hideous.

in nba 2018? is soft.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shear Modulus posted:

Hell he's a hall-of-fame-level owner.

I too would be a Hall of Fame owner if my GM lucked into drafting Michael Jordan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jerry Krause should be in the Hall of Fame not Jerry reinsdorf

And I think Jerry Krause is an idiot too

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

I definitely think Noel is an NBA starter, but a max contract player? I don't see that. It's not like teams can afford more than a few max contract players.

Chandler Parsons had multiple teams offering him max after his knee injury last season. Noel is a big that can play defense. I will be shocked if another team doesn't offer him the max.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm going to start calling him Chandler Parsnips because he's about as good as a parsnip at Basketball.

Chandler Portions is one of the few realGM style nicknames that ever elicited a chuckle from me (Rockets fans called him that after he showed up kinda fat in Dallas)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

dokmo posted:

Here is Chicago's 9 point first quarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8la-SvugwwY

A minute left in the first. Bulls sitting on four points.

Looks like an NHL game.

Libertine posted:

Mirotic is apparently in the Hoiberg doghouse with no potential for escape on the table:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18892485/nikola-mirotic-frustrated-removal-chicago-bulls-rotation

Chicago has the worst three point shooting percentage of any team in the NBA this year. That's probably why they can't space.

"According to the 26-year-old forward, Chicago coach Fred Hoiberg told him he would not be playing in the near future."

I will miss the thirty foot 3P shots.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jackie D posted:

From the little I've seen about him he doesn't seem like the awful sports dad, just the way too driven sports dad. I think there being 3 close siblings also dissipates some of the crazy dad energy

Shear Modulus posted:

in nba 2018? is soft.
I think if he busts it's because of his lack athleticism and length. I'm sort of won over regardinghis shot, he has to make a 90 degree turn to shoot, but he can do that quickly and then make the shot, he's not spreading himself out or taking a long pause. compare it to Josh Jackson's weird jabbing shooting motion, though it may be really really easy to fix and he might just need lasik, he really puts his ball at arms length to sort of measure the distance to the basket, and the half a second it takes to do that means an NBA defender is in close contest range almost all of the time.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Fred Hoiberg is so lost that he's reuniting the Three Alphas

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/841408344581656576

Let's get Jimmy some easy looks by benching a passible shooter for Rajon Rondo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i would pay like $8 to see what fred hoiberg attempting to coach the bulls looks like right now, like i wonder if jimmy even takes off his headphones

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

From the little I've seen about him he doesn't seem like the awful sports dad, just the way too driven sports dad. I think there being 3 close siblings also dissipates some of the crazy dad energy

The guy chose his spouse specifically because she met his genetic criteria to be able to produce children who could be professional basketball players.

He's at least a little nuts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I really hope this is Fred just doing the biggest middle finger to the FO.

Saying this is what you gave me. I'm loving playing exactly what you gave me

No basketball coach can be this dumb. I refuse to believe it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

i would pay like $8 to see what fred hoiberg attempting to coach the bulls looks like right now, like i wonder if jimmy even takes off his headphones

Jimmy's just listening to a Thibs catchphrase playlist on repeat. "DO YOUR JOB, ICE ICE ICE"

Meanwhile Hoiberg is showing the younglings Ferris Bueller's day off.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Libertine posted:

Two of my best friends are die-hard Bulls fans and it's hard to find anything to cheer them up with. I really hope GarPax gets the ax but it seems like it's never gonna happen with the deep seeded nepotism at the highest levels.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Reinsdorf steps down (some point this century). Maybe his kids will have a big dysfunctional feud like the Lakers kids.

If you're insane enough to ask for one billion you might as well go a little over that number. Maybe 1.1 billion

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Oh man I just saw that clip of D'Angelo kicking the ball out of bounds

Amazing, I love this league

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it owns that fred hoiball has been directly involved with the two shittiest eras of bulls basketball since the mid-80s, guys are out there with no idea how to play basketball and fred's consoling them with some dragan tarlac anecdotes, skyping in his main man jake vohskul

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. He loving sucks. He's a stage dad.

https://twitter.com/TrillSmith/status/841420475234471936

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

So he's insufferable, yes.

I'm actually all about the sons making bank and freezing out their dad actually, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The guy chose his spouse specifically because she met his genetic criteria to be able to produce children who could be professional basketball players.

He's at least a little nuts.

So did Andrew wigggn's father, married a canadian olympic sprinter
So did Jrue Holiday, married top wnba player

Basketball is something of a guild.If you think marrying another athlete means they'll make 20m in a few years, that's responsible.

Lebron married his hs sweetheart, which is good for fortune preservation, especially when we see the fake smiles from the really pretty girls in other NBA wedding photos, the "5 years and I'm taking as much of your poo poo" fake smiles, he protected the wealth. But his son is 8 inches shorter than he was at his age. So at best Lebron's kids are short athletic pgs or combo guards and not huge beasts.

Also, Lorenzo Ball talking for his son is a James Harden corrollary, Harden was shy becuase he had rock teeth and then braces. Lonzo has hosed up skin which is a great way for a teenager to become too shy shy. His dad takes the spotlight away from him personally and lets people focus on his play. I'm playing devil's advocate as usual, but there's something to it.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread