Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SoupyTwist posted:

New Ep is out

That's a very good Gorka impression

I'm really glad they're still busting on Gorka The Actual Nazi Or At Best The Nazi Collaborator because he seems to get lost in the shuffle of garbage people a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Felix is so definitely Mac.

Serf
May 5, 2011

whenever i hear gorka's name, i always mentally tack on the -morka at the end there

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Serf posted:

whenever i hear gorka's name, i always mentally tack on the -morka at the end there

Same.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

I guess what I'd like to see happen is for liberals to reassess their ideology, perhaps look at what the other side's been saying regarding abandoned factories and empty storefronts and poo poo, and translate that rhetoric into actual policy solutions that would help revitalize those communities. Instead, libs are convinced that they don't have to change and the solution is to just lib harder than before and hope for the best. There's no introspection, no taking a look historically at America and the West and gleaning insight from that history in an attempt to solve present-day problems, just stay the course and hope for better next time. It's insanity.

Real interesting take, but have you considered that this is a McDonald's drive-thru?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

sleeptalker posted:

Real interesting take, but have you considered that this is a McDonald's drive-thru?

Listen, okay, I'm lonely, I need someone to talk to, and you're open 24 hours, so please, just...listen to my story, and get me an apple pie.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh yea, that too, all the people who did this JUST HAPPENED to instantly turn it to "And Chapo likes the DSA, and refuse to publicly flog him as punishment...So that means the DSA supports him too, and now if they don't publicly denounce him they too are bad irony boys who must be purged."

Like, to be clear I don't think this was some elaborate anti-DSA hit job, but I do think the kinds of people who get angry at a kinda lovely joke they don't get from 2 years ago and demand their mutuals unfollow the person who made it are also the exact same ones who think the DSA is some group of parasites who are going to murder the True Left

also one of the people on my timeline who got retweeted calling for a joint DSA/Chapo condemnation had an icon that was Hillary's logo and Hamilton's mashed up and that was all I needed to see
It's almost as if Twitter isn't a good platform, for nuanced, inclusive political discussion.

Calling it now, Twitter is a deep-state op to kick leftists' circular firing squad instincts into overdrive.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Halloween Jack posted:

It's almost as if Twitter isn't a good platform, for nuanced, inclusive political discussion.

Calling it now, Twitter is a deep-state op to kick leftists' circular firing squad instincts into overdrive.

Twitter's still basically a platform to mass text people and it's very sad that it's become the only social platform that really matters.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah they should mind things more important poo poo like someone muttering on how things were more calm under Obama or "but her emails" , which has to prompt a several paragraph rant on everyone's dashes and ping like 10 people at once on how that rweet means that person wants to murder every poor person over and over again. "Leftist circular firing squad" is one of the dumbest memes possible and will just turn whatever into some weird fandom instead of something worth a poo poo. Christ.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kunster posted:

Yeah they should mind things more important poo poo like someone muttering on how things were more calm under Obama or "but her emails" , which has to prompt a several paragraph rant on everyone's dashes and ping like 10 people at once on how that rweet means that person wants to murder every poor person over and over again. "Leftist circular firing squad" is one of the dumbest memes possible and will just turn whatever into some weird fandom instead of something worth a poo poo. Christ.

I thought we were the Popular Front.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The best thing about Twitter is that to all its flaws you can just not look at it for like 2 days and the world will have moved on, and also by then the people whining about wanting to move on will have also moved on

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Follow policing is dumb but it's not surprising that, sooner or later, palling around with dudes who are guests on the Anthony Cumia show was going to raise some eyebrows

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I wish they would address it in a substantive way rather than just making equivocating twitter jokes. It's not a huge deal, but if you're gonna make a habit of dragging liberals and fascists on twitter for similar stuff, you should at least acknowledge it.

Obviously, part of the issue is that twitter isn't a great place to deal with the complex relationship between left culture and posting culture, but it should still be done.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i think they should just ignore it because it's dumb witch hunt poo poo.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
What would the appropriate response to this mess be?

"Our friend made a bad dumb joke, sorry." is about all I'd ever expect out of them, and even that is probably acknowledging it too much.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"sorry a stand-up comedian made some un-pc jokes."

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I can't wait for Twitter to loving die, if just so dipshits will quit "dragging" people over minor missteps or perceived impurities.

At best you get a few funny jokes out of it, at worst it's a loving mass hysteria machine.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Famethrowa posted:

I can't wait for Twitter to loving die, if just so dipshits will quit "dragging" people over minor missteps or perceived impurities.

At best you get a few funny jokes out of it, at worst it's a loving mass hysteria machine.

Rest assured the people who get way into Twitter drama would find some other banal idiocy on the internet to get mad over if Twitter didn't exist.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What would the appropriate response to this mess be?

"Our friend made a bad dumb joke, sorry." is about all I'd ever expect out of them, and even that is probably acknowledging it too much.

there is no way out of it that involves acting. all you can really do is ignore it and realize that these same people will remember your inaction and bring it up again the next time you do something they perceive as wrong

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

AndrewP posted:

Follow policing is dumb but it's not surprising that, sooner or later, palling around with dudes who are guests on the Anthony Cumia show was going to raise some eyebrows

tbh Nick going on the Anthony Cumia show and making the case for Black Lives Matter and a $15 minimum wage probably does more in terms of spreading leftist ideas than a lot of the people whose politics seem to centre on livetweeting their meltdowns at the latest Problematic Content will ever accomplish

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Rest assured the people who get way into Twitter drama would find some other banal idiocy on the internet to get mad over if Twitter didn't exist.

Twitter is just too perfect at mass witch hunts though because of how retweets work. This used to happen when everyone had an opinion blogspot, but it was never this frenzied among normalbrained, not extremely online people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

tbh Nick going on the Anthony Cumia show and making the case for Black Lives Matter and a $15 minimum wage probably does more in terms of spreading leftist ideas than a lot of the people whose politics seem to centre on livetweeting their meltdowns at the latest Problematic Content will ever accomplish

yea I mean I think it's dumb to give Anthony any attention but at least being a dude who goes on to say 'no dude you're an idiot' is actually walking the walk when it comes to spreading leftist views vs constantly telling the carefully curated circle of fans you have 'you know, I am very woke.'

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Seems like Adomian did the Gorkavoice for the open

SoupyTwist posted:

New Ep is out

That's a very good Gorka impression

https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/841350014643261440

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

emdash posted:

Seems like Adomian did the Gorkavoice for the open

https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/841350014643261440

I thought it was Matt

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jackie D posted:

I thought it was Matt

Same

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The audio quality was way too good for it to be Matt.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
i went through a complex journey in which I initially thought it was Matt and thought "wow, his voice work and improv skills are pretty good" to "oh yeah, that has to be adomian"

thanks for reading

Serf
May 5, 2011

I've always wondered, where does Matt record from? It sounds like he's speaking into a tin can somewhere on the moon.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Serf posted:

I've always wondered, where does Matt record from? It sounds like he's speaking into a tin can somewhere on the moon.

glad you asked!

https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/841052850247610372

looks like a Blue Yeti mic, so unless it's a knockoff, i have no idea why he sounds so bad

emdash fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 13, 2017

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

emdash posted:

glad you asked!

looks like a Blue Yeti mic, so unless it's a knockoff, i have no idea why he sounds so bad

Truly the american Zizek

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I may have convinced a film studies professor to use that opening where Zizek talks about They Live and ideology in a film studies class. Does this make me a dirtbag leftist hack? Thish ish for me cashtration.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

emdash posted:

glad you asked!

This is why Matt is the best

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

emdash posted:

It sounds to me like they're maybe using recorded call audio on Brendan's end rather than having Matt record and syncing up the recordings

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/charles_kinbote/status/841400909871603712

lmao

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm loving jontron's descent

http://gizmodo.com/popular-youtuber-jontron-has-some-batshit-crazy-thought-1793231221

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

https://twitter.com/grgdwyr/status/837807232955912193

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

JohnnyC posted:

It sounds to me like they're maybe using recorded call audio on Brendan's end rather than having Matt record and syncing up the recordings

Yeah there is no way his audio is anything but Brendan recording his skype call. Someone should have curiouscat'd this!

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.
Just followed Jeet today, is he as good as he seems to be based on today's sample size?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

oldswitcheroo posted:

Just followed Jeet today, is he as good as he seems to be based on today's sample size?

He's pretty center left at the end of the day, but he's a good sport and has a burgeoning case of irony poisoning

Good follow imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

oldswitcheroo posted:

the problem is he pops off these really stupid numbered tweetstorms, sometimes on the most idiotic poo poo imaginable