Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Honestly yeah, I kept waiting for something as gob-smacking as the Baron's baby business to come up again but it kind of becomes a different story after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The DLC stuff is way better than the Baron storyline IMO

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
witcher 3 is great at developing a feeling and connection towards your daughter but also making sure u the player can undress her and two women will give out to u if u dont, 10/10 kill all gamers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When has Bioware ever known how to talk to the media, Origins was "the new poo poo!!!!!" but also in articles they made it sound like Morrowind (???) and then it turned out to be none of those things.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I dunno, post gif in this thread so I can confirm

I feel like you're trying to get me probated again...

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
cdprojekt were cowards to cut when geralt got out of the bath tub in witcher 3's opening scene . will bioware show more courage?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I will never play TW3 because I hate geralt too much. I'm curious to see what the cyberpunk game will be like though hopefully the protagonist wont be such garbage.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turbl posted:

I will never play TW3 because I hate geralt too much. I'm curious to see what the cyberpunk game will be like though hopefully the protagonist wont be such garbage.

the protagonist is you

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

the protagonist is you

that's even worse!!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm the deuteragonist of this thread

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Well, you're definitely the protagonist when it comes time to talk about banging all the aliens and associated exogalactic animals. Hell, maybe somewhere on some planet there's a potted plant that's juuuust fluffy enough for you.

DoctorGonzo posted:

the protagonist is you

So still a nonstarter for him.

edit: :argh:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 13, 2017

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
could geralt kill the bioware fandom monster?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

He can probably have sex with it, at any rate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DoctorGonzo posted:

So this game is a re skinned ME3. Hopefuly the story is good.

Excuse me, it's 2017. This game has more mobility and crafting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

FunkMonkey posted:

He can probably have sex with it, at any rate.

I think the fandom would, uh, take the lead in that relationship.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The fandom is a power bottom I'll have you know

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread needs that guy who did the DA2 one.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The first two witcher games were such unbelievable garbage I stopped playing them both after a few hours, and frankly I don't think the third time is gonna be the charm.

Cyberpunk could be good though, when it comes out in 60 years.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
geralt will be a dlc companion u can wake up from cryosleep like grunt

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
by the way bioware was so hard to work with the Halo 4 writer left half way through

the person who wrote the garbage fire Halo 4

left bioware

because of how bad they were

*noms ur hed*

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

by the way bioware was so hard to work with the Halo 4 writer left half way through

left bioware

*noms ur hed*

So what you're saying is that we dodged a bullet

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mroooooowl

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

left bioware

*noms ur hed*

link??

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Hedrigall posted:

Sorry to keep you waiting, fam. I went to sleep for 6 hours and this thread had like 300 new posts when I woke up. I'm just catching up now!

Anyway your requested update: Jaal seems like a dreamboat, I can't wait to see what his catsquid dick looks like. Will it be more cat or squid? Only time will tell!

Thank you. Unfortunately for you the ESRB rating did not mention any dicks so you're probably not going to see it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Me?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Thank you. Unfortunately for you the ESRB rating did not mention any dicks so you're probably not going to see it.

Hmm, troubling.

Also you're welcome. Please let me know if I can provide any other information or opinion

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

RatHat posted:

The DLC stuff is way better than the Baron storyline IMO

I have yet to finish the game

I started it in december and completed Velen. Great story and I loved the writing of Witcher 3 compared to Mass Effect and Fallout. Then I went to Novigrad and lost interest as trying to find whatshisface. I used that and Andromeda as an excuse to order a 1080 Ti. I'm waiting for my 1080 Ti to arrive to finish it so I can actually play it maxed out on 1440p.

In other news, I just signed up for Origin Access for the early access + 10 percent off Andromeda. I've probably made a big mistake preordering, but if the multiplayer is as anything like ME3, then it's worth the money.

edit: fired it up again and going through some old saves. man valen was pretty hosed up with the witches, romeo and Juliet storyline etc

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 13, 2017

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

You gotta read between the lines a little, but it's pretty damning stuff.

https://twitter.com/schlerf/status/699403211266916352
https://twitter.com/schlerf/status/699403331333033984

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

it's okay to be racist if you make bad games and use "being progressive" as a smokescreen!

and by progressive i mean "the gay character's defining traits are "is gay" and "has a moustache" "

iron bull the big progressive buff man who likes to gently caress

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rabid Snake posted:

I've probably made a big mistake preordering, but if the multiplayer is as anything like ME3, then it's worth the money.

It would be worth the same amount of money if you bought it after it had been released and confirmed to be good/bad/broken but now you've just gambled with that money for no good reason. I don't understand you or people like you. Even if the money is nothing to you it's still, just, why?

It hurts my brain trying to understand why people do this.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It would be worth the same amount of money if you bought it after it had been released and confirmed to be good/bad/broken but now you've just gambled with that money for no good reason. I don't understand you or people like you. Even if the money is nothing to you it's still, just, why?

It hurts my brain trying to understand why people do this.

It comes with extras and if you have Amazon Prime, you got a discount too.

I saved money and don't have to drive to a store, so it works out to me.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
By bonuses do you mean a couple of textures for like $20?

E:Oh ok, that's the difference between standard and deluxe editions. Pre-order gets you a suit of armor and some multiplayer xp boosters. Which won't mean gently caress all if the game isn't good and very little if it is.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 14, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It was also discounted on Amazon Prime, so with that and a gift card I had I bought this for less than $30 and it's being shipped to my house.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-game-editions posted:

After 600 years, Ark Hyperion will conclude its long journey from the Milky Way to Andromeda to find humanity a new home. As you make your final calibrations in preparation for your arrival in Andromeda, here’s everything you need to know about the different ways you can play Mass Effect™: Andromeda.

Available in three Editions - Standard, Deluxe, and Super Deluxe - Mass Effect™: Andromeda will take you on the story of humanity's next chapter in space exploration.

Pre-order the Standard Edition and receive the following bonuses:

Deep Space Explorer Armor
Multiplayer 5x 50% XP Boosters Pack
A unique Nomad Skin
Buy the Deluxe or Super Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect: Andromeda and receive:

All of the Standard Edition Pre-order bonuses
A Pathfinder Casual Outfit
Scavenger Armor
A Pathfinder Elite Weapon set containing four unique weapons
A Pet Pyjak
The Mass Effect: Andromeda Digital Soundtrack
Multiplayer Deluxe Launch Pack - Kick start your progress with a set of weapons and equipment
Super Deluxe Edition owners will also receive Multiplayer Super Deluxe Booster Packs; a weekly Premium Pack for a 20-week period.
In addition to all the above, we're also happy to announce today that players who own the Deluxe Edition or the Super Deluxe Edition will receive, in May 2017:

1 exclusive Multiplayer Pack – featuring your highest chance of getting an Ultra-Rare item
2 additional custom Nomad Skins – explore open worlds in style
1 additional Pathfinder Casual outfit – perfect for your romance ambitions

The bolded bit is new.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

marshmallow creep posted:

The bolded bit is new.

Gonna be a gimp suit.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Probably a suit and dress.

Hopefully not the dress from ME3

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

The complaining about the female Ryder is getting old. I think it's obvious at this point tat they've put more attention on the male version because their stats showed most people played male Shepard in ME3. So yeah it's rough and awkward but it's one of the few games where it gives you an option. Considering the amount of voice acting and animation in the game it's nice of them to be progressive.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Rabid Snake posted:

I have yet to finish the game

I started it in december and completed Velen. Great story and I loved the writing of Witcher 3 compared to Mass Effect and Fallout. Then I went to Novigrad and lost interest as trying to find whatshisface. I used that and Andromeda as an excuse to order a 1080 Ti. I'm waiting for my 1080 Ti to arrive to finish it so I can actually play it maxed out on 1440p.

In other news, I just signed up for Origin Access for the early access + 10 percent off Andromeda. I've probably made a big mistake preordering, but if the multiplayer is as anything like ME3, then it's worth the money.

edit: fired it up again and going through some old saves. man valen was pretty hosed up with the witches, romeo and Juliet storyline etc

I liked everything about witcher 3 but the gameplay and the trend where the game kinda got over geralt's head and eventually he just wasn't very useful to the plot. It was just, was he a good dad to ciri or not. It's weird playing someone less relevant to the plot like that. I don't know if it's a good kind of weird. But overall I got really tired of the combat and finished the game on youtube. The writing is great though and significantly better than the first two, where they really had to hammer in the factions and that the witcher really is just a neutral dude and he's cool and badass for it.

I will say the fact that you see tons and tons of tits but never a penis in sight tells you a lot about Polish sexual mores.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

Gonna be a gimp suit.

Gonna be that neon green track suit from upthread :getin:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So check this out this take

I can't wait for the MEA sex scenes because I wanna know what it looks like for two people with lifeless dead eyes and botox face to bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Phi230 posted:

So check this out this take

I can't wait for the MEA sex scenes because I wanna know what it looks like for two people with lifeless dead eyes and botox face to bang

That Black Mirror episode with the grain has this and it's hosed up.