Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Revol posted:

I am also going to print a belt clip so I don't have to always carry it in my hands when I take it out with me. At the moment, I'm printing a earbud wire wrap that I edited to include a Triforce design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Revol posted:

I had been planing to put a stencil onto my plain Switch case, but then I realized I could use my 3D printer to get an embossed design instead.

Messier than I would have liked, but the logo itself is supposed to look worn, so I guess it works out in the end.

I am also going to print a belt clip so I don't have to always carry it in my hands when I take it out with me. At the moment, I'm printing a earbud wire wrap that I edited to include a Triforce design. I've been looking for a good Joycon grip replacement, this is the best I've found so far.

I'm going to try to edit this design tonight to be more comfortable. This is a good start, but I think you still need an ergonomic grip for your palms.

Finally, I plan to paint my Joycons yellow.

That is a great joycon cradle tweak (though I would have put the angling the opposite direction, personally). I hate using the cradle because getting my thumb to the joystick feels like I'm doing the claw.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
https://twitter.com/lizziecuevas/status/841346720373985282

https://twitter.com/lizziecuevas/status/841347466997841920

The dream is real.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Whoa, those videos weren't a lie... :stare:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
fake news

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm getting on a plane immediately

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Nephzinho posted:

That is a great joycon cradle tweak (though I would have put the angling the opposite direction, personally). I hate using the cradle because getting my thumb to the joystick feels like I'm doing the claw.

Exactly what I plan to do with my redesign. But you still need something to rest your palms on, too, and that will be much harder for me to pull off.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Lol just lol if you use a grip. Let your hands be wild and free just like the great goddess designed, each gingerly cradling a young and supple Nintendo brand JoyCon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guys I started playing Zelda and I was gonna go do something, but then there was a pond and I killed some boars, then found a Korak seed and now I can't remember what I was gonna do...

GOTY/GOAT

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol just lol if you use a grip. Let your hands be wild and free just like the great goddess designed, each gingerly cradling a young and supple Nintendo brand JoyCon.

My broken brain shuts down and I can't control them separately :(

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
what the gently caress

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

God dammit Ian...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
amFilm Tempered Glass screen protector trip report:

Easy enough to put on. One piece of fuzz in the corner on the screen. Barely visible, and also I plan to mostly every play TV mode. Would buy and install again.

Fast RMX trip report: Better than I'd thought it would be. A bit rote for the genre, but still fun as an arcadey Zelda diversion. Reminds me of AG Drive on iPhone. (which, while nothing to get hype over, is a pretty solid and impressive Wipeout wannabe on iPhone.)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

I have either been using pro controller with my tv or joycons loose in tabletop mode at my desk. Not crazy about handheld mode or the cradle. Can't think of too many occasions I'd need to play in handheld that tabletop wouldn't work at least. Handheld mode issues to me probably would matter less for games that didn't heavily utilize the right joystick.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got the Hori tough pouch today, would recommend. Just the right amount of rigidity.

It's too bad there's no room for that giant AC adapter though (I have two).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

8-bit Miniboss posted:

God dammit Ian...

Those are apparently loops of tape, but he still taped THAT to the seat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Plane trip report. 60 year old guy next to me kept asking how that was. He identified it from sight right away. I think that Superbowl ad worked you guys. Its a cultural thing

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 14, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status/841401474450051072

Looks like Cardboard Kids and the Prolapsed Anus is coming to Switch.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This is known as peacocking

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I only had about 16 hours into Zelda but I just did 50 hours in a single session over the weekend.

If I do that again, I will be past the 100 mark.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Attention goons, my switch has landed and cleared customs here in Nigeria. I now move my chances up to about 60% that I ever see this thing. I really hope I don't have the joy con issue because if I do I'm going to have to deal with it for way too long with no solution. Also my couch is a good 10-12 feet away from the tv for double fuckedness.

Thank you for paying attention and reading this. God bless. I will post pictures of Zelda running on my switch next to my dog named Zelda if I don't get third worlded tomorrow.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

parallelodad posted:

https://twitter.com/SouthPark/status/841401474450051072

Looks like Cardboard Kids and the Prolapsed Anus is coming to Switch.

Crap, I would much rather play that on Switch but pre-ordered on PSN so I could play Stick of Truth as a pre-order bonus.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I've only got 25+ hours in Zelda so far. I am such a failure

Although I did make the excellent life choice last night to drink a whole bottle of wine whilst on decent painkillers for some broken toes and when I woke up I'd bought Shovel Knight and Master Blaster so idk thank you Drunk iajanus?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Man still haven't actually seen one for sale

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
There is no way I have played Zelda for "50 hours or more". Closer to 20 would be my guess and that is an overestimate. It may include times that I put the system to sleep while paused or something. I don't always go back to the home screen and close the game when done.

I have also had 2 system freezes with it. Once while closing Snipperclips on the home screen, and the second just now when I was looking at my profile, then took it out of airplane mode to see if my sister was online and it froze on the profile friend screen. Had to hold down power. I guess taking out of airplane mode so it has to update the screen you are on and then you hitting buttons is too much for the default UI.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 14, 2017

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

man, I can't believe i'm so desperate for games on the switch I've 100% blaster master.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

FireMrshlBill posted:

There is no way I have played Zelda for "50 hours or more". Closer to 20 would be my guess and that is an overestimate. It may include times that I put the system to sleep while paused or something. I don't always go back to the home screen and close the game when done.

I have also had 2 system freezes with it. Once while closing Snipperclips on the home screen, and the second just now when I was looking at my profile, then took it out of airplane mode to see if my sister was online and it froze on the profile friend screen. Had to hold down power. I guess taking out of airplane mode so it has to update the screen you are on and then you hitting buttons is too much for the default UI.

so we're entering the denial stage then :v:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I don't know anything about this amiibo poo poo. I found what I think is one figure at the swap meet, its about an inch and a half tall:

Can I use this in Breath of the wild?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The profile timer can't be right, can it? Telling me 95 hours on Zelda. That doesn't sound right...

I wonder if the system is and the game is running with the system on the home screen if it counts towards hours.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 14, 2017

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Purchasing a Nintendo Switch is a guaranteed ticket to pound town

Mr President fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 14, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

The profile timer can't be right, can it? Telling me 95 hours on Zelda. That doesn't sound right...

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Nah. I've pretty much had BotW running 100% of the time since my Switch arrived on the 2nd, and I'm at 60+ hours.

From the numbers given so far, I'd guess it updates every 5 hours or so once you reach a certain point? I'll have to play some more Shovel Knight and check it every now and then to see.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

ChocNitty posted:

I don't know anything about this amiibo poo poo. I found what I think is one figure at the swap meet, its about an inch and a half tall:

Can I use this in Breath of the wild?

That's not an amiibo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

incoherent posted:

man, I can't believe i'm so desperate for games on the switch I've 100% blaster master.

That's not being desperate. That's called playing the current runner up to GOTY.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have done zero research on this system and can't keep up with how fast this thread grows. Can the new Nintendo game thing play vintage Nintendo games? Online? I vaguely remember the wii being able to download classics, but have/will you ever be able to play old games online with friends? What about the newer but still old Nintendo console games?

I'd buy this system solely to be able to play Goldeneye 64 or Smash Bros Melee online with my friends while I'm stuck in a hotel in Kansas or whatever.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The way I understand it is the new Zelda is worth $360 and everything else is a bonus, but they're impossible to actually buy so idk.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

I have also had 2 system freezes with it.

Are you supposed to go to the home screen and close it? Every time I stop playing since I got the thing I just put it to sleep. Mine lives in the dock though so I don't worry about things like battery drain while it sleeps.

Also I've only had any freezes or crashes, but I did have one near crash, I think. I was fighting some dudes and had them almost dead and it went to the Blood Moon cut scene in the middle of the fight. Fair enough, but the game seemed to get stuck on the loading screen after the blood moon cut scene ended. After sitting on the loading screen for like a full minute, the game returned right where I was and I was able to finish killing those dudes. But then like not even 3 minutes later, it ran the blood moon cut scene again. :shrug:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Onean posted:

Nah. I've pretty much had BotW running 100% of the time since my Switch arrived on the 2nd, and I'm at 60+ hours.

From the numbers given so far, I'd guess it updates every 5 hours or so once you reach a certain point? I'll have to play some more Shovel Knight and check it every now and then to see.

I played probably 10-12 hours a day Sat/Sun/Sat/Sun, little bit before work each day of the week, some at lunch, and like 3 hours a night. I'm not sure where another 20 hours came from. I didn't take days off from work and I'm pretty sure I slept?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I played probably 10-12 hours a day Sat/Sun/Sat/Sun, little bit before work each day of the week, some at lunch, and like 3 hours a night. I'm not sure where another 20 hours came from. I didn't take days off from work and I'm pretty sure I slept?

Either your memory is a little off or the electronic thing with a built in clock is logging hours funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

Either your memory is a little off or the electronic thing with a built in clock is logging hours funny.

Maybe I should lay down.

I mean, that is the clock of 120 shrines, 180ish seeds, all armor, most of that armor fully upgraded, almost all side quests. Doesn't get much more complete without going down the 100% rabbit hole (seriously, i'm only at like 38%).

e; I don't remember the last time I played a game for more than 30-40 hours and then this comes out. Soooo DLC time?

• Locked thread