Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

I was a middle school bully. I along with a group of friends I used to hang out with picked on one kid in particular (I’ll call Ricky) for being weird/eccentric/flamboyant. To us the harassment was a joke, but to Ricky the pain we inflicted was real enough to lead him to hang himself.

Needless to say the news of the situation came as a catastrophic surprise to a younger version of me who enjoyed spreading rumors and never took life seriously. I remember having to sit down after my mom told me about the email she had received from the school. With tears about what I had done, I lied to her and said he was a friend of mine. She consoled me, and gave me a long comforting hug to help ease my feelings about my “dead friend”. My skull imploded from all the guilt I was feeling — I stayed home from school moping for days, and I spent the entire summer between middle school and high school living in my own suicidal state. I never talked to my “friends” again, and I wanted out of there as quick as possible.

Needless to say, life plateaus, and after a year or so I returned to a state of normalcy. It’s been 5 years now, and I still have happy moments — Like the time I got into college, and the first time I fell in love, but a large part of my conscience plays back my memories of the kid I killed any time I start to feel “too happy.” I fall into real nausea when I think about Ricky, and sometimes it’s bad to the point of stumbling and throwing up. I’ve convinced the people around me I have vertigo spells.

I know deep down I don’t deserve the life and the happiness I’ve been given: my achievements and enjoyments are unearned, and if I could do it over again I’d choose to live life as a miserable heroin addict if it somehow meant Ricky wouldn’t commit suicide. These days I run in marathons, I donate blood, and I do everything in my power to be kind and convince myself I’m capable of being a good person -- while my mind calls me a worthless, pathetic piece of poo poo.

Ever since the day Rick died I’ve wanted karma to catch up and right me of my wrongs, even if it means making the rest of my life a tragedy. I just want to be free from guilt, and throughout my whole adulthood I’ve been dying to find some means of forgiveness or retribution. It’s just something that will never happen.

quote:

My wife and I faked a miscarriage in order to get family sympathy, money, and time off work. That was 5 years ago and it's still the smartest thing we ever did, but we both realize it's not technically a "good thing to do" or whatever.

Flash back 5 years ago; wife and I struggling in many ways. I keep getting my hours cut at work, she's working long hours and getting burnt out. She ends up putting on around 20-25 lbs over the course of 2 months. One annoying family member assumes she's pregnant, and that's when we hatched the idea. We told everyone she was pregnant.

About 3 months later my wife posts on facebook "Terrible news, we lost our little bundle of joy last night. Please respect our right to privacy in this time, we need to recover." Huge outpouring of support from our families and friends, and we made nearly 10k dollars from relatives offering to pitch in and help us out. My wife got a month off work and I got a week - which was pretty sweet.

I wouldn't do it again but it helped us out in a tough time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Ricky killer, have you tried talking to his parents, telling them all this, and explaining to them how much you regret your actions? They're probably not going to forgive you but they may appreciate the fact that their son's death had a profound impact on you.

Fake miscarriage guy, go gently caress yourself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah Ricky guy, talking to anyone will probably help you out a lot, but if you do want to speak to his parents you better be ready to be thrown the gently caress out of their house or to get screamed at and called out for being a horrible person to their son. That's a big ugly door you better be mentally prepared to open, and I don't think you are yet.

Miscarriage guy, I'm a pretty lovely person and don't much care about lovely things other people do or have done, but that may be the single sickest loving thing I've ever heard of a couple doing to their friends and family. Not much more to say than that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I've been called out for spamming the :therapy: button before, but Ricky killer has some loving demons and he should probably talk to a therapist about them before he tries talking to Ricky's parents.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I confess that I hate the word "fesh". I loathe it. It's revolting. It sounds like some sort of disgusting cutesy poo baby talk contraction of the word "fetish" that those ~cummies~ people would use, and it turns my stomach.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Your lies will catch up to you eventually miscarriage goon. You will never be able to convincingly pull off acting like a guy who really went through something like that forever and someone will notice. I guess they can never prove it, but when something tragic really does happen, don't be surprised if people are a little more cautious with their support.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I don't think ricky goon should talk to that guys parents actually, at least not just like that. You also have to consider what would be good for them. It's been quite a few years already and they might have reached a somewhat normal life state again, having this stranger show up at their house out of nowhere might tear open some very ugly old wounds and throw them back.

He should talk to a therapist. I don't actually believe that advice is always good because therapist aren't magic bullets that just somehow fix every issue you have by talking, but this seems to be a very targeted thing to work at which a therapist can be very helpful for. I don't really think he has dealt with it at all.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
Hey school bully, do you realize that karma HAS, in fact, caught up to you?

Get better man, do therapy or something. Thing is, life, existence, is meaningless and pointless anyway, NO ONE has earned anything they have, just acquired it. Most just don't have to compensate for being a horrible human being early in life.

But you can, and should get better, for your sake (despite everything you deserve to live and be happy) and because it will make the world a better place.

E: this VVVVVV

Dawncloack fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 13, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Police Automaton posted:

I don't think ricky goon should talk to that guys parents actually, at least not just like that. You also have to consider what would be good for them.

Seriously. They've probably long since dealt with his death in their own way and saying "hey I drove him to kill himself" will just re-open their wounds and they'll have to go through it all over again. They already know something drove him to kill himself. Knowing who did it won't help them and they owe no forgiveness to you even though technically you were just a kid too and obviously didn't intend for it to go that far.

Confess it to your priest or something if you have to, but leave the parents alone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Your lies will catch up to you eventually miscarriage goon. You will never be able to convincingly pull off acting like a guy who really went through something like that forever and someone will notice. I guess they can never prove it, but when something tragic really does happen, don't be surprised if people are a little more cautious with their support.

A lot of first pregnancies end in miscarriages. Every woman in my family has had one, and a lot of my friends have as well and after a couple of weeks or months they were all back to normal, as far as I could tell. I don't think they'll ever "get caught" since no one would call anyone out for something like that with out 100% having proof. The reeal problem is that they did it in the first place and don't seem to see it as that big of a deal. It makes me worry a little about the upbrining they would give to a child if they actually had one.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I guess I was assuming it was a very late term miscarriage which I think people get more upset about long-term.

It's like the dead grandma thing for getting out college exams - once you use it once, if you ever need to use the excuse for real later people are going to be a lot more skeptical about it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do you ever think about Rocky when you are jerkin it? I bet you think about him while you jerk it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nooner posted:

do you ever think about Rocky when you are jerkin it? I bet you think about him while you jerk it

The typo makes this sound like an accusation of Stallone fetishism out of nowhere

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

The typo makes this sound like an accusation of Stallone fetishism out of nowhere

That's a very serious accusation to make.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

My entire adult life is based upon getting revenge on one person, and I am extremely close to finally reaching that goal.

I was relentlessly bullied in high school. My last name was Lichten, he decided to call me "lick dick" one random day and it just escalated from there. 4 years of nightmares, being afraid to go to school, being beat up, having my money stolen, having a shampoo bottle shoved up my rear end in the locker room, being taped to the flagpole so I missed the bus, having homework stolen, having half my head shaved while bullies held me down. Thousands of hours of torment, all because my last name sounded a bit funny.

I finished high school a broken person and limped away to a college a few states over. I had such a confidence problem I legally changed my last name. I basically started a whole new life, 19 hours away from where I grew up. I worked out, I saw a professional for help, I ate better, I socialized with people, I got a good degree, and I became a whole person again. Everything that he stole from me, I got back. Except for those 4 years, which I started obsessing about. I'd still have nightmares, and sometimes would start thinking about the bullying during the day and would have to excuse myself and go throw up or take some of my medication to control the shakes. The only really bad times were holidays - I'd go visit my parents at home and all the bad memories would come flooding back.

My therapist gave me an idea - to confront my tormentor head on. I'd grown so much as a person, he said, that I'd see him as just a person now, not a force of nature. At best, he'd apologize to me. At worst, he'd still be a bitter jerk who never grew up after high school. Either way, he'd be nothing to fear.

I looked him up before coming home for Thanksgiving in 2012. Owner of the pizza place his dad used to own back in the day. Married, 2 young daughters. Seemed to be doing okay for himself. He didn't recognize me when I walked in, he assumed I was there to put in an order.I guess I had changed a lot in almost a decade. He hadn't really - still has his braying jackass laugh, still has a gut that hangs over his belt buckle (it's much more prominent now), still has that scar on his lip from where his dad whacked him with a belt. I found that out from him after applying for a job there, getting hired, and eventually moving up to assistant manager.

I gave up my good life and a good job for revenge. I've been at that pizza shop since, and I've become my old bully's best friend and most trusted confidant. He shared so many issues - fears his wife was cheating, financial issues at his business and at home. He shared one big thing, too, something he didn't even tell his wife. He and the wife were trying to kid #3, a boy this time, but it just wasn't happening. He went to a doctor on his own and got bad news - he now had an extremely low sperm count, either due to his increasing age or due to an injury he suffered after baby #2.

I was a good friend and listened, and gave me advice. But I saw the wheels of destiny turning, ready for me to finally extract my revenge.

A few days later he left me in charge of the pizza place while he traveled to St. Louis for 3 days for a meeting with one of his suppliers. I told him I'd take good care of it. I texted his wife then, letting her know I'd take good care of her, too. He was right, she was a cheater. Had been cheating on him basically since the marriage started. That night I locked up the pizza place and left the ovens running with dozens of cardboard boxes stuffed inside. I considered waiting around for the fire but thought it too suspicious. I made sure to clean out the safe, though. I then went to his house and, as you can imagine, hosed his wife while his 2 daughters slept a few rooms over.

That was on March 8th. There's just one last piece of revenge I need before I'll be happy. Because I went to go see a doctor, too, and my sperm count is really high. Definitely a strong chance of conceiving, if I so wished. And I do. Because I'd love nothing more than for those 2 to have a child. Both of them knowing that he can't really be the father, but each unable to tell the other why without destroying their marriage.

Who's the lick dick now, rear end in a top hat?

quote:

I went to a gay bar and pretended to be gay (tight jeans, unbuttoned the top button on my shirt, combed my hair) hoping to get free drinks. It didn't happen and all I learned was that gay men, much like females, can be very judgmental and it's really easy to get marginalized just because you don't have a 6 pack or a 9 inch dick.

I chuckled at this

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

the true #pizzagate

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Once again a fake confession flew too close to the sun. All he'd have to do is tell the police, who would probably know it was intentionally started, who the last person in was.

I also like the idea that unbuttoning the top button of your shirt is considered gay by some goon out there.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Once again a fake confession flew too close to the sun. All he'd have to do is tell the police, who would probably know it was intentionally started, who the last person in was.

I also like the idea that unbuttoning the top button of your shirt is considered gay by some goon out there.

Put that poo poo away dude, I don't wanna see the lower part of your neck!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I wore my shirt in a standard way and practiced basic hygiene on my lovely haircut, why are these gay guys not showering me in free $20 cocktails

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

therattle posted:

That's a very serious accusation to make.

Given the option of Dolph Lundgren in the same franchise, I strongly agree.

Or combing your hair lol

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 13, 2017

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

Or combing your hair lol

im... gay?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aren't you supposed to leave the top button unbuttoned unless you are wearing a tie???

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Baronjutter posted:

Aren't you supposed to leave the top button unbuttoned unless you are wearing a tie???

Only when you're out looking for that good dick

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Nice try! The Straight Guy Club secrets can't be found out that easily.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Tweedledum posted:

I was relentlessly bullied in high school. My last name was Lichten, he decided to call me "lick dick" one random day

Hahaha you tell us your last name and then confess to committing arson, way to go moron. (at least you would be a moron if this were true)

Tweedledee posted:

I went to a gay bar and pretended to be gay (tight jeans, unbuttoned the top button on my shirt, combed my hair) hoping to get free drinks.

Try going to a sports bar wearing a football jersey, that will get you free drinks all night long.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gynovore posted:

Try going to a sports bar wearing a football jersey, that will get you free drinks all night long.

In a pinch you could try wearing a hockey sweater, but that's really hit or miss.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gynovore posted:

Hahaha you tell us your last name and then confess to committing arson, way to go moron. (at least you would be a moron if this were true)

I was assuming it wasnt really Lichten and was something else like "Aszburghler".

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sout posted:

im... gay?

I tend leave the top button undone as well. Oh... also put pomade in my hair. I guess I'm outed as well. What about liking dance musik? How gay is the average goon?

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Revenge pizza goon

Not believable. Please try harder next time.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I guess I was assuming it was a very late term miscarriage which I think people get more upset about long-term.

It's like the dead grandma thing for getting out college exams - once you use it once, if you ever need to use the excuse for real later people are going to be a lot more skeptical about it.

i knew someone in college who used "i had a heart attack" as an excuse to get out of class for a while.

tbf he was really really fat

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tbf if I had survived a heart attack, I'd be pulling the Fred Sanford special all the time. This is it! This is the big one!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

I'm about 15 months away from a revolution that is going to change the world forever. I will finally be able to rid the world of the annoying "feature" known as emotion.

I am autistic, which is a blessing compared to being a whirlwind of emotions like most are. I'm far more productive, efficient, and intelligent than most. I'm not driving by things like love and hate, I can't be swayed by emotion, I truly see the world as it is. If we remove emotion, we can drive Earth to a new golden age of science and reason, not disgusting things like pop culture, sex, and sports. True art will be appreciated based on the work involved, as it should be. A great video game takes hundreds of people years to create, it has much more merit than a painting we are supposed to appreciate due to it's "emotion". A single animation cell of one anime, even a lesser one, has more value than that. But I digress.

There's enough fluoride in one tube of toothpaste to give 10 babies autism, or one adult. I did the math and found that I need approximately 300 gallons of fluoride to give the entire world autism. That was easy enough to acquire and it sits in my parent's basement now. Although some people would line up for the cure, the tough part is to give everyone autism. Then I read about seeding (another benefit, the average sheep would have no idea what I'm even talking about). By putting low amounts of fluoride into clouds, it will mix with the rain water and sprinkle down on the Earth. Perfect! My 15 month timeline is solely due to this, I need that time to travel each continent and fly my drone into the cloud bank.

To anybody doubting me, I already placed some in my college's cafeteria and have seen the difference. Far less kids running around like animals yelling about "big boobs" or "weiner fests" or whatever. Finals week is coming, and I see far more students hitting the books. You're welcome, by the way, if you or your child attend Carnegie Mellon University.

You're also welcome if you live on the Eastern Coast of the US. I'll be seeding soon and you'll be free by the summer.

quote:

One night I looked out my window and, no fooling, saw Hulk Hogan sitting in my tree. He started curling a finger, beckoning me to come outside. I was about to open the window - I was 8 and the biggest Hulkamaniac I knew, after all. But as touched the handle, the moon came out from behind a cloud.

The moonlight shone down and, at that moment, it wasn't Hulk Hogan in that tree. It was a mummified corpse with hollow sockets for eyes and a black tongue licking it's dried lips. I screamed and it turned those empty sockets towards the ground, then jumped out of the tree. I heard dead leaves being crushed underfoot, trailing away from the house.

My dad showed up a few seconds later, asking what was wrong. I never told him, never told anyone.

Man, Hulk Hogan is into some pretty weird pranks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The autism one went on too long. Spectrum folks don't make for creative writing experts, though that really is a mark in their favor. Review the saga of the autist who had to get weighed in a pool with his sister, and how she put her hair back in a fake ponytail, to learn more.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay those ones are pretty loving good, the first one expecially for combining so many conspiracy theories with The Joker

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
some people call me Maurice

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Sjs00 posted:

some people call me Maurice

braaaaap broowwwwww

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Revenge 'feshes are my favourite, never stop.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

poopnanners posted:

How is this unbelievable?

I should say that it's not impossible or that various circumstances couldn't conspire to create the scenario as described, but having seen serious sacks of poo poo at low points in their lives stumble from job to job, there seems to me that there's something missing between "got suspected of doing drugs so I got fired" and "I bribed a government official for a visa because of my overstay" and then to "I went home and got clean".

First, I've literally employed people at schools who were drug users and showed up drunk or high as a kite and the schools either didn't notice or chose not to notice. You have to do something really flagrant to get called out on being drunk or high out here. It's going to depend on the country and prestige of the school of course, but I would say in general drug education focuses on "drugs are bad and will kill you" and not "these are the signs to look for". See Taiwan's recent "Ketamine one time, adult diapers for the rest of your life" campaign. I have my doubts that people at a school could see a gangrenous arm and recognize it for what it was and not assume that the eccentric foreigner just hadn't caught some funny disease because of his poor diet. Before you ask, yes when I noticed a teacher was behaving this way, I did send them home, but given that I was managing forty schools I couldn't be everywhere at the same time and while my lead teachers would sometimes report them, not once did a local school call me to complain. The only complaint I ever got was from an apartment complex when one of my teachers poo poo in front of the taxi stand when none of the drivers would go and get drugs for him. I should also note that sending them home didn't mean they were fired. It was usually easier for us to give a guy a warning or to switch what school he was placed at than to fire him because there just aren't enough teachers to fulfill contracts. And this is more or less common across the region.

Second, when we talk about corruption, we're generally not talking about finding the one immigration officer willing to take a bribe. It typically runs much deeper than that. Depending on when and where this confession is set, different immigration offices or border crossings are or were known for being easier to get through or to get the stamps you need. Notoriously there was a bar in Bangkok at one point where you'd go in, sit at a table, and slide your passport and cash across to the "fixer" sitting there and then a week later you'd get your passport back with all the proper stamps in it, no questions asked. But this kind of cultural attitude towards bending rules doesn't stop at immigration. It runs through basically everything. So for a school to suddenly notice strange marks on his hand or arm, to connect it to what it meant, and then to go and fire him doesn't seem to fit to me. That isn't to say that it couldn't happen or that teachers never get fired, but in all honesty it would be more believable to me if it said, "Because of my drug habit, I was missing a lot of classes and the school reluctantly fired me after several warnings."

Third, we have the "going to jail because of the visa problem" part of the confession. Again, this all depends on where the story is set, which was conspicuously absent given the anonymous nature of it, and precisely when. Regulations and enforcement of regulations wax and wane with regularity out here, but typically a visa overstay doesn't result in jail time. Best case scenario, you're fined for the overstay and deported at your own expense with a usually temporary return ban. It doesn't make sense to jail you because ultimately the country doesn't want you there and doesn't want to pay to keep you alive. Worst case scenario, you are placed in a detainment center with other illegals until such a time that you can pay your fine and buy a ticket out. So this guy may have been in that situation, but he says right away that his friend gave him the money for a ticket, so it's doubtful he wouldn't have been able to cover the cost of an overstay fine, which is itself probably not that much more expensive than the bribe he'd have had to have paid to get the falsified stamps.

More circumstantially, most schools require you to wear long sleeves year round, so the chances of intravenous drug use being noticed is low. Lots of teachers wear bandages on their hands to hide tattoos, so if he was looking for veins there, it wouldn't have been out of the question for him to mask it and get away with it if that's what he really wanted to do. But I'm not a drug user and I don't think like one, so who knows what was going through the guy's head.

In short, I think the confession is plausible and it's possible he cut out a lot of fat to get to the point and all of my admittedly minor nitpicks are addressed in some form or another. But in total they added up to me to look more like a creative writing project about the redemption of a drug user than an actual factual accounting of someone's low point, especially when the last part of the confession is about him getting a vague amazing job and hiding getting clean from opiods from his parents while visiting them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm OK with autism goon's plan for a world without emotion if it means we get a world like Equilibrium and I can learn some sick gun kata moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

A shorter way to put this: if it was the kind of country where drug use would have been noticed and he would have been fired immediately for it, the odds of him being able to bribe his way through a visa overstay are much lower.