Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

so another youtuber is a racist woah

Worst Misfits song ever.

I'm actually dismayed by Jontron turning out as such, I enjoyed his videos, especially the Disney bootleg one and the Takeshis Challenge ones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Worst Misfits song ever.

I'm actually dismayed by Jontron turning out as such, I enjoyed his videos, especially the Disney bootleg one and the Takeshis Challenge ones.

JonTron has been an openly racist and sexist piece of poo poo for years now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I bet Egoraptor sure is glad Jon got out of Game Grumps when he did, right about now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

What's wrong with it, I haven't played it but it looks neat outside of the tech issues

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mak0rz posted:

My backlog list was updated to include Civ 5 because it's one of my GF games that I forgot to include on the list and also Oceanhorn which I just bought because it's half price. Oceanhorn is a game I've been itching to get to for a long time. I can't afford a Switch or WiiU to play Breath of the Wild so this will have to do to scratch that Zelda itch.

Play Civ V with the GF

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The blood moon rises once again...

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I'm also not a fan of Ocarina of Time. I don't think Zelda works all that well in 3D in general though. Wind Waker's aesthetic are amazing but I wasn't blown away by the gameplay. I haven't played BOTW yet though.

Link Between Worlds was perfect

link between worlds is way too easy and the dungeons suck. i dont understand why everyone loves it so much

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Moving away from the terrible and unlovable gaming personalities, Seanbaby is now a father (Seandaddy?)

https://twitter.com/Seanbabydotcom/status/839953967765340160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I said come in! posted:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

:jerkbag:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz posted:

My backlog list was updated to include Civ 5 because it's one of my GF games that I forgot to include on the list and also Oceanhorn which I just bought because it's half price. Oceanhorn is a game I've been itching to get to for a long time. I can't afford a Switch or WiiU to play Breath of the Wild so this will have to do to scratch that Zelda itch.

oceanhorn's real good yo!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play Civ V with the GF

Ok, we'll try if her netbook can handle it. We only have one "gaming computer" and even that is a nearly two year old laptop.

corn in the bible posted:

oceanhorn's real good yo!

I heard!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz posted:

Ok, we'll try if her netbook can handle it. We only have one "gaming computer" and even that is a nearly two year old laptop.

I heard!

Oceanhorn 2 looks real rad too!!

https://oceanhorn.blogspot.com

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Metal Slug has good art.

ah, literally the only cool, weird enemy in the entirety of metal slug 5

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/reallyremar/status/841429840800694273

Heyyyy, Iji got an update! :D

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
daniel remar is cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

iji

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That reminds me of Bio-Menace. That was a fun fuckin game

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I said come in! posted:

Whatever Ganon

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

He's CD-i Link, actually.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Joe Gillian posted:

CD-i Link is awesome

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Joe Gillian posted:

I.M. Meen

I said come in! posted:

CD-i Link is awesome

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I said come in! posted:

CD-i Link is awesome

Great! I'll grab my stuff!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
CD-i Zelda is also awesome and stone-cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8JqYxd6CxM

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Guy Mann posted:

Moving away from the terrible and unlovable gaming personalities, Seanbaby is now a father (Seandaddy?)

https://twitter.com/Seanbabydotcom/status/839953967765340160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That kid is going to grow up and burn the internet to the ground.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did that guy give his child a joke name so he could get 143 retweets on twitter

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Rebel Reilly is a rough enough name as it is.

Also, good call on Doxxing your daughter as an infant, I guess.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What's wrong with it, I haven't played it but it looks neat outside of the tech issues

It's incredibly good, and I say this as someone with little affection for 3D Zeldas that aren't called Wind Waker or exploration-focused open world games. Some people get real pissy about the breakable weapons, though, and the performance issues are a dealbreaker for some people. Other than that it's pretty goddamn amazing.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got my fourth ending in Nier: Automata and I'm hungry for more. Problem is, I'm leaving the state Wednesday morning and when I get back I think I'll be gifted BotW for my birthday. So I'm going to look pretty ungrateful when I shelve the new Zelda game to continue my android adventures.

On the subject of the Kowloon Walled City, there's a book full of cross-sections of it www the images online. I'm post them here but I'm on a tablet and don't want to wrestle with uploading them to imgur first. Here's a link though: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/11/an-illustrated-cross-section-of-hong-kongs-infamous-kowloon-walled-city/

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

does the new iji update finally let you use a controller without joy2key

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I said come in! posted:

A hot take that is edgier than the Master Sword itself

Help Im Alive posted:

Did that guy give his child a joke name so he could get 143 retweets on twitter

It's web 1.0 legend Seanbaby, I had no idea he was still around. This is the first thing I've seen from him in over a decade, I guess he just doesn't curry the level of internet fame he used to.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 14, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

But he's not butchering it...part of the kickstarter was that if it got funded, he'd release both the original rom for people to check out and the updated thing that's being worked on

e:

If it gets funded, aka paying the dude for a rom dump.

He doesn't need the money to dump it. I mean yeah he probably doesn't have the equipment on hand but I guarantee there are plenty of people that would be willing to do that for him without him holding it hostage to some kickstarter. There's been plenty that didn't need that step.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

A hot take that is edgier than the Master Sword itself

It's web 1.0 legend Seanbaby, I had no idea he was still around. This is the first thing I've seen from him in over a decade, I guess he just doesn't curry the level of internet fame he used to.

He made a phone game called Calculords a few years ago that's actually pretty good.

I like Seanbaby, the fact that he's happy to just keep making Cracked articles and tweets while working on his own projects instead of awkwardly trying to crowbar his web 1.0 success into relevance a la Maddox makes me respect him a lot more even if his actual jokes don't always hold up in a post-sharez0ne world.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

What's up games folk, it is now officially my birthday. Since the forecast called for it to snow a poo poo-ton this week, my wife took me out this weekend which included playing games at the local mall's arcade full of dead and dying machines of the past, where she revealed a horrible secret: she had never played the original TMNT arcade game. They had their TMNT machine set to 5 lives per quarter so we played through the game in like 20 minutes. Then we went to the pet store and petted puppies, but that's beside the point.

What was more interesting to me was this arcade cabinet of Vs. Super Mario Bros. that I've never seen anywhere else. It seems like it's taken one hell of a beating over the years, but I kinda want to take it home and nurse it back to health. There's another screen / controls on the other side but they either no longer work or just weren't plugged in or something.

Do any speedrunners do this version? It seems like there are a few changes, like no 1-up blocks, the blocks on 1-2 that you can use to go to minus world are missing, and the 4-2 warp that goes to 6/7/8 on the NES version only goes to 6.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like that one of the major differences in the arcade SMB is that they made it so the shell bounce trick no longer works. Shows they were at least paying attention to that poo poo at the time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

"jesus christ! my rear end is killin me!"
"my boy, you'll get used to it sooooon enough"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

"jesus christ! my rear end is killin me!"
"my boy, you'll get used to it sooooon enough"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHRRhUKaWes&t=36s

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I did some googling and apparently that one in my picture is the cocktail form factor of the Vs. DualSystem, which can support a separate two-player game on each side or one four-player game that takes up both sides. This of course led to googling my way into a rabbit hole of seeing which NES games were adapted into Vs. arcades and which ones I could still find in the wild, and now I kind of want to buy one for my birthday as a novelty somebody help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Holy flip you guys I actually did it! I was half-convinced I'd never be able to get a run where I could ferry that key down to the temple and I DID IT! :D

• Locked thread